Old 10-14-2006, 09:02 AM   #16  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

This looks like a great thread for support with so many people joining. Maybe one of the old-timers who brought over the thread can explain how/when the weigh-in takes place?

What do you find to be your biggest challenge to losing and maintaining the loss? For me, the problem seems to be exercise. I'm going along doing well with the diet, excerise and water when something happens to keep me from exercising for a few weeks. This sets off a really bad cycle. For some reason, when I stop exercising my body I start exercising my mouth and just shovel in the food. Then I have a really hard time getting started back at a regular exercise routine. I have to remind myself constantly that this really is a lifetime change, not just a "diet". While it's OK to have a bad day here and there, I MUST keep up the routine.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #17  
hott mama inside!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5ft,6in

Hi i just started WW last week, i only lost 1 pound the 1st week and stuck to it to theT. started at 185. Any one got any uplifting hints!!!
sweet777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #18  

Default Ww

Hi Sara, I am doing WW as well and one of my problems that I've caught myself doing is I've miss counted my points on occassion (like if you miss read the fiber, calories or fat it can cause you to be off tramendously) or if I miss read the serving size that can throw you way off. (Like the pepperidge farm crispy pot pies, each one of those is actually 2 servings) The more water you drink the better things tend to work. Or something else that can throw you way off. For example: Like on the back of a cookie box if it says a serving is 1 cookie and it turns out to be 1 point for that cookie and then you eat 4 cookies it's not going to be 4 points for those 4 cookies. Snackwells cream filled cookies. 1 point per cookie. If you eat 4 it's 5 points. I use to see them as 1 point each but then my mother started buying the boxes that have packs of 4 in them and when I figured it up it was 5 points for the pack. I hope this hasn't confused you. Just make sure if you eat more than 1 serving you double the numbers you use for fiber carlorie and fat and you won't go wrong. I actually haven't been doing real well because I can't seem to stay within my points. If I didn't dislike vegetables so much I'm sure I could do much better.
I hope this has helped and good luck.
serena
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #19  
hott mama inside!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5ft,6in

Thanks so much for your imput!! Glad to see all these caring people on here! I actually stay a little under my points so that i dont go over , maybe im not eating enough? ya think?
sweet777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #20  
Ashley

Sara,
I know it's hard, but try not to be disappointed with a 1 pound loss your first week. You really have to look at it as a long-term loss rather than where you are from week to week. There are so many factors that go into what you weigh on any given day. Just the different clothes you have on at the two weigh-ins can make the difference of a pound or two. That time of the month, water retention, level of exercise, etc. can also make a difference. You will gradually lose the weight if you're staying within the point range and some weeks you will see a bigger loss than other weeks. Hang in there and keep the faith! We're here to be cheerleaders for you.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #21  

Default Ww

Sara: something that our WW consultant stresses to us regularly is that you have to eat atleast your miminum number of points because if you go below your points your metabolism will slow down and you won't be able to lose the weight. So deffinately eat at least the mimimum that your suppose to, and just keep at it cause that's the most important thing.

I hope everyone else is doing well also.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #22  

Default Saturday night

Hello ladies:

I'm glad to see our thread is still growing.

Sarah: I always find it takes two weeks to show my loss (or gain when I've been bad). Maybe it's the same for you. Besides, one pound is nothing to sneeze at!

I kind of went off tonight but I'm using my bonus points. My sister came over to help me hang up curtain rods and turn my mattress and she ended up staying to help me clean up a little so I brought her and the kids out for dinner. It was just a local pub so the menu had no diet food. I had one buffalo wing (with bleu cheese ) and a half a burger, diet coke and a little popcorn.

As far as weigh in, I weigh in on Monday and so do a couple of others I think. Serena weighs in on Tuesday nights I think at her meeting. We're flexible, I just like Mondays because it helps me psychologically over the weekend....except for tonight!
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #23  

Default Sunday night

Hi ladies:

I'm actually looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I know from too much past dieting experience that my 2nd week is always my biggest loss

I've always hated the thought of exercise and have never gone to a gym other than for a free trial visit. I am giving it serious consideration though. A friend of mine told me tonight that she'd join with me but I just don't know if I'll stick with it or if our schedules were allow us to go at the same time. I'm one of those people who can do nothing on their own.

They opened a planet fitness about 10 minutes from me and it's only $19.99 a month for a one year commitment (including tanning and unlimited guests which means I could go with DH occasionally when the kids weren't an issue) or $15 a month with no commitment, no tanning and no guests.

I'm just so weak and have no endurance I don't want to get discouraged and then give up. But I guess if I don't go at all, I've already given up haven't I?

Any suggestions? Should I give it a try?

P.S. I still am drinking no water HELP!!

Mo
Old 10-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Evening all....
Well i am really bushed tonite but gotta at least post to everyone...
Welcome to Shannon..Lynn...Ashley....Michelle! Hope to see you here as regulars..we can all use the encouragement and exchanges...

Mo.. when is DH coming home from trip?? have you kinda enjoyed having the bed all to yourself?? lol I know I get to let my hair down so to speak when mine is away.. tv dinners and easy stuff all the way.. haha.. I have been stuffing cookies so bad well I am gonna be 100% on plan now!! please send will power vibes my way..

Serena..keep it going you are doing great!! stick with the program it is working!!

Nori!! Hi.. hope you are having a great weekend.. or i should say had.. have you been op or what?? work sounds like it is going good fro you, huh??

Well ladies did anyone check in with losses stand stills or what?? what is the latest stats everyone! I think mine will be same or maybe even a gain ..grrrr.... we'll see..

I am going to try calorie counting again for a couple of weeks... I think I will try to keep calories around 1600 and see if I lose and if so at what rate...
well talk to everyone tomorrow! Kim

Oh my history is I am 43... A sahm of 4 13 and under I actuall am mom to 6 but one is out on her own..one is in college and other four are in school still...
married for 15 years ..2nd time around.. I Have about 70 to lose .. see ya...Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:37 AM   #25  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Hello everyone !! I'm Erika Leigh, 18 and engaged to Amanda.

I've been strugling with my weight since I was very young. I got serious about my weight loss when I was 14 and then gained alot back right after my only sister died.

I am now very serious because I am going to be TTC in almost a year.

DEW it sounds like the thread for me to be active in! Just as of today, I have increased my water intake ( and cut out soft drinks ) in hope to help me DEW it!!

Thanks for reading! And I look foward to getting to know you all alot more!

Erika Leigh
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:11 AM   #26  

Default Monday morning

Good morning ladies:

I lost 3.2 lbs this week Week 2 total: 5.8

Welcome Erika, good to have another "loser" on board!

Kim: DH came home around midnight Saturday. The kids stayed up till 1:30 they were so excited. I didn't go to sleep till 3:00 a.m. helping DH unpack all his duty free goodies. I made him put all the candy into a suitcase and lock it away. He was very impressed with the bedroom. I finally got around to hanging curtains, doing the bedskirt, new linens, putting away clothing bins, dusting, cleaning, etc., it finally is on it's way to looking like a master bedroom. Now I have to put some stuff on the walls!

I'm inching my way to the gym, I fished out a pair of capri sweats and a large t-shirt, I packed them with a pair of sneakers in case I decide to join on the way home.

Yesterday I went to mom's for dinner at 3 p.m. I got up so late I was able to skip breakfast and lunch. I had a very small steak, small baked potato, green beans and a tiny spoonful of baked macaroni, a piece of angel food cake (then I caved and had a very small piece of chocolate cake...it was my brothers birthday). Anyway I stayed under my points even though it wasn't the healthiest menu.

I can't wait to hear from each of you.

Mo
Old 10-16-2006, 12:17 PM   #27  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Sorry I don't have time this am for personals. I even feel guilty logging on when I know I don't have time to do it. Not even changing my ticker...

I weighed in at 226.2 this am. -2.5 ... YIPPEE!!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #28  

Default Wow

Wow, it looks as though the new thread has boosted everyone forward. Unforunately I don't think I'm one of those. I've majorly slipped this week. I guess I need to just sit back, take a breather, and refigure everything. Make myself realize why I'm doing this. Weigh in isn't until tomorrow night so I don't know just how bad I've done but I know it's got to be real bad. I did manage to get on my elipticale for the first time in months this morning. I only lasted for 10 minutes but I almost didn't last that long. I've had sick kids for the past month and that can take a major tole on a persons sanity. My oldest son seems to be going through something right now and I'm not sure what. He woke me up about 4 times last night wanting me to hold him and he hasn't done that in a long time. If it weren't for the fact that I hd a tubal I would think I was pregnant. My oldest became clingy when I was pregnant with my second and they both became clingy when I was pregnant with my youngest. They apparently new before I did that I was pregnant. Anyway, hopefully things will cool down soon. My youngest managed to get a double ear infection. I had no idea. He's had a runny nose for about a week but it was clear and he woke up saturday morning with a cough and sunday I took him to the doctor and the doctor said double ear infection. He had not even been in a bad mood. Oh well, hopefully I'll have everyone well before we go to the mountains cause I have a feeling it's gonna be an even colder adventure than last year. When we got back everyone was sick. It took me 2 months to get my middle son better. Well, enough of my boohooing.

I'm glad everyone is doing so well, and WELCOME to all the new comers and GOODLUCK to everyone.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #29  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday Ladies! It's so good to have the new thread and some great new ladies to join in! Welcome to all you lovely newbies!!!!

Lil' about me...
I'm Danielle 37y/o SAHM to 3--ages 13,12 & 10. I live in Phoenix--where we're still waiting for summer to decide if it's over yet. lol I have been struggling to lose weight for about 5 years now and just can't seem to get it done. However, I REFUSE to give up, I refuse to say that I can't do this, because I know I can. Somewhere down deep I know I can see this through!

Serena, I'm so sorry so hear the little one is sick! I hope he's feeling better very soon. Hang in there hon!

Nori, major congrat's to you on your loss this week! Fabulous work chicky!!!

Mo, WTG lady!!!! What a fantastic loss this week!!! I think you should join the gym! Give you a chance to blow off steam after a hard days work without interruptions!! Let us know how you like it!

Kim, good luck with the calorie counting. That's what I'm doing too pretty much. I still can't figure out why it scares me so much. LOL Maybe because there's no one there telling me what I can & can't have? I don't have any weight loss to report because I have been very lazy and not working on anything that I should. Hopefully next week will be better.

To all our new girls, ! I hope you will find as much encouragement as I have in the past. These girls are simply the best!

Ugh, I have decided that I hate going grocery shopping with dh. The man is the I tell ya! He talks me into some very questionable food choices and then when I get home I sit in wonder what the heck I was thinking. lol No wonder I'm not losing any weight! Next time, he gets tied up & put in the closet!

I am really hoping to make a positive change this week. I have slacked off for weeks now and I am terrified to see the damage on the scale. Why do I do this to myself?

Hope everyone's had a great day so far!!!

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #30  
Ashley

I lost 1 pound this week, for a total of 12 in 7 weeks.

I'm off to see my family for a week, so won't be posting. Hopefully, I won't come back home with a 5 pound gain. Visiting family is always tough for me.

Mo's gym deal sounds like a steal. Wish we had one of those around here.

Good luck to everyone this week.