View Poll Results: How's the weather where you are?
Cold and/or wet--yucky. 4 22.22%
Chilly, but nice. 5 27.78%
Sunny and warm. 4 22.22%
Perfect--this is what Fall is all about. 2 11.11%
Ask again tomorrow--it's something different every day! 2 11.11%
Other 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 09:20 AM   #31  

I love cozying up by the warm toast fire for about two weeks, it gets old quick when you are looking at 5-6 months. Yes to me it is like a prison sentence. I feel like I am locked up in a box. That is why we spend all that cash and go away in the winter.

Time for the Y. Have a good day. The snow has melted but it is freezing out and the wind is gusting. I think I might get blown all the way to the gym. We will see if I still have the strength to walk back.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #32  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

WtG Lynnnn
Old 10-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #33  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

This morning I am very happy that I don't live 150 miles to the north of here...Buffalo got 22 inches of snow last night and it's still coming down! That makes our weather here look downright wonderful...even if it is only 30 degrees and the wind blowing 25 miles an hour!

I spoke with Aunt Hazel's doctor this morning and he assured me that she will be fine to go home alone and will be able to take care of herself. I told him that I was planning on staying with her until she was comfortable being on her own again and he strongly suggested that I not do that. He said that it would be harder for her to get back into her regular routine with me there and would just make the whole process more difficult...sort of the sink or swim theory. He said that if I wanted to stay the first night that it would be ok and then go home on Sunday, so that's probably what I will do.

Have a good weekend everyone and hopefully I'll be back on Sunday!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Suzy, Glad to hear Aunt Hazel will soon be home.

Lynneye, congrats on the loss!

Since we don't get snow here (well, we did a couple years ago,but that was a fluke!) my favorite is a good, cold rainy day with a fire, blanket, cup of tea and a good book. Days like this happen so rarely! Usually, I'm on the patio with my book, looking for shade!

Two more days until the in-laws return. I'm at 139.5--half a pound to get back to my tracker. It's taken almost two weeks--what's up with that? Today is Friday which means lunch out with DH. We usually hit a sandwich place--I'll choose the one that doesn't serve any side dishes. Made banana/stawberry/yogurt smoothies for everyone for breakfast. Dinner? Hmm, gotta be low cal--perhaps a salad. After work, I've got to hit the health food store. I need whole wheat orzo for a dinner I'm planning for in-laws for Sunday night. The recipe calls for orzo, so I need whole wheat, and most grocery stores don't carry that many varieties of whole wheat pasta. Wish me luck, otherwise I'll have to improvise.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #35  

Way to go Lynneye. I know that every pound lost is a lot of work.

Suzy well we don't compare to Buffalo, thank goodness.
I am glad to hear that Aunt Hazel will be going home and returning to a normal life. Cherish each moment with her.

Allison I am envy you. I love to be where it is sunny and warm looking for that shady spot.
What are you making with orzo? I just made a pot of Italian Wedding Soup with it. I didn't know that you could get whole wheat.

Today I am going to cook a roast with garlic mashed potatoes. It is a cozy meal to keep us warm. I will make sure that I serve lots of veggies with it.

Hey Shelley, Gayle, and Cheryl where are you today. You usually post every day. Hope all is well.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #36  

Dee--I found a recipe (Epicurious, I think) for baked halibut with orzo, wilted spinach and tomatos. I found that you can buy whole wheat orzo online (amazon) but didn't find the recipe early enough to order it online!

Oh, I love Italian Wedding soup (minestrone, too!)
Old 10-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #37  

Evening my friends sorry i haven't been on for several days...We are trying to sell our house and have had people come and look at it. Plus we have a BIL that had prostate cancer and surgery last thursday and a really good friend who had terminal cancer that is in ICU not doing well at all. So to say the least i am exhausted from all of it.

I have lost 10 lbs in the last month by doing the Glysemic Impact Diet which has really been great for me.

I want to welcome all the newbies here and you couldn't have picked a better group. We have had a great growth in the group and see that Shelley and Gayle are keeping things going.

Well i am off to bed and will check in tomorrow ...

Be Good,Healthy and Happy

Vicki
Old 10-14-2006, 07:13 AM   #38  

Vicki!! Good to "see" you!! Please keep posting.

Debi-Yay on the WI!! Also, WTG on the bellydancing, even with your soreness. Just be careful.

I shared a calzone with Mike last night for the first time. It was very yummy. I didn't overeat, so it hasn't affected my weight so far. Plus, I'll be running today, so it should be okay. It only had cheese in it, no sausage. Quite greasy, though. MMMM......

My baby is home for the weekend, but she is here for a Body Jam workshop, so I only get to see her for a few minutes. She looks wonderful.

Gotta get started with my workout.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #39  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Well today is homecoming. I dont have a date and am new to the school so dont know many pepole so its going to be fun.. i guess.

yesterday I spent the whole day with my best friend the really skinny one , and we worked out ( I just love working out with someone rather than alone) . all she did was comment all the time how great I loook then we were at the mall and we were in the dressing room trying on dresses and one that I couldnt get on before zipped with no problem!!!!!!!! :-):-):-) She kept saying that she can tell I am going to ahve a really really great figure . and shes right. I can see it now coming sorta. I am going to have a curvy but sensual body. thats my description haha. i crack myself up!

Glad to hear about aunt hazel suzy

Shelly- Dont tell me thats the first time you ever had a calzone!!!!!!!!! You shoudl try one with spinich and rigggot once the e coli thingy is over.

Viki very sorry to hear about your firend, but i too have lost some weighht in a month.

Alli- what diet are you doing at the moment?

I think it would be fun to share all of our diet techniques here. I am doing the low carb atkins for about a month and 2 weeks . when I weighted last I found that I lost about 15 lbs in a month . withought excersice just eating. Thats 3.5 pounds per week . muscle weighs more than fat and I cant help but to think I have lost even more.

I am not doing that same routine only waking up at 5:30 to workout everyday before school . I am doing aerobics and floor work . If you workout before you eat in the morning you burn more fat. Fat stores overnight in your body if you workout before you eat anything you burn that fat, get your metabolism going for the day , and lose even more.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #40  

Vogue--congrats on all the NSV's yesterday. Have a fun time at homecoming!

I'm doing a combination of things for my diet. Counting calories (trying to stay at 1200-1400 per day) while also watching that I keep the fat content low. I eat too many fruits and veggies to be considered a low carb dieter. I eat mainly whole foods, not processed foods.

I'm back to 139--my ticker weight! 4 to go--yay! I first got to 139 on 9/27 and stayed there for 3 days running. I guess it was a weekend when I popped up to 140.5 and then with 2 days of bad choices after that, I was back to 141. 15 days to get rid of 2 days indescretion. Not going to let that happen again!

My in-laws arrive tomorrow. For dinner, I'm planning baked halibut with orzo, spinach (cooked) and tomatoes as well as some veggies on the side. I couldn't find whole wheat orzo, so I had to settle for plain. If the recipe is good, I'll order whole wheat off the internet. Whole wheat pasta is so much better!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #41  

Allison your dinner menu sounds wonderful. I love halibut.
Doesn't it feel good to lose?

Vicki I am glad that you popped in. Sorry to hear about your BIL and friend. I hope that your house sells quickly and that you get out of that area.
Keep up the good job on losing. At least the snow is gone.
We are having a friend down for dinner tomorrow night. He is from NY. He works with Larry. Larry doesn't have many close friends so when he asked if he could come to dinner I didn't mind.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Shelley are you up to jogging again? I hope that you aren't pushing it.
It is nice when are kids come home to visit even if it is a short visit.

Vouge enjoy your homecoming. You have had a month of parties.
Will the new Vouge please present herself...........wow I bet you look fantastic.

Gayle where are you?

Cheryl you to where are you? Is everything ok?

Suzy I love your new avitar. It gave me a chuckle. How is Travis doing?

Today the sun is shinning and it is above freezing. Time to winterize outside. It just hit us quickly.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #42  
Losing it!

YAY TO ALL THE LOSERS!

No time to post individually. BUSY WEEKEND! Leaving in the AM early to go to a city about 3 hours away to a wine tasting. Hmmmmm.....hubby....me...wine....no kids..... :-)

See you guys Monday evening!
Old 10-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Going to meet my Mom tomorrow. Haven't seen her since April so really looking forward to it. We are meeting someplace that is about 1/2 way for both of us. Rob is going as well as my Step Dad so will be a fun day for all of us.

Sorry I don't have time to write to everyone.

Everyone have a great Sunday!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #44  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

allinell- you see I manage to eat about that many calories a day along with low carbing. Have fun with the in laws, you know what they say , " You can pick a wedigie , you can pick your nose , but you cant pick your relatives. "

Dee- I had a great time.read my story haa
Lynn- have fun and savor the moment.
Gayle- You sound so naughty haha

you know the boy i liked and asked to the dance , niceley said he thought of us as friends , then he confuses me all night. 1st he tells me I look nice, then we make plans to play tennis on monday and I say goodnight and go to leave and as I am leaving he runs up to and gives me a hug. Then Im outside waiting for my dad , and he comes over to talk to me and invites me to baskin robbins. ( Sorry girls heres where I cheat and have a brownie sundae but I didnt want to turn down the offer to go with him. ) So we go and hes waiting forever for some service to order his ice cream while im eating mine and I offer to share with him , but he is kinda germaphobic sometimes so he finally gets his own , we go to sit down with everyone else and theres one chair left at the table so I go to pull a chair over for myself and he goes no you can sit here , and pulls a chair out for me. But he said he only wanted to be friends when i asked him....grrr... men so he knows I like him , he wants to ask me out then its up to him but Im not going to pretend I like him only as a friend cause I like him alot. Hes such a dork and its so cute.

i also manageed to sprain my ankle somehow , i mean I heard the bone crack , but its all good I kept dancing and I can walk on it today juts in a limp sortof way. it was worth it I had a ton of fun. I will just have to use the pilaties ball to workout for the next few days rather than running and areobics.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #45  

vogue--sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it isn't broken. My DD broke hers a few years ago. I had the mentality at the time that if she could walk on it, it wasn't broken. How wrong I was! She was in a cast for 6 weeks.

I'm really lucky when it comes to in-laws. I love mine. My kids love them, too. My kids don't do as well with my own parents because they are so much older and don't play with the kids. My inlaws just retired this year and my parents are in their 80's. A big difference! So, yeah, I'll have fun with them! Can't wait for them to call.
Closed Thread