View Poll Results: How's the weather where you are?
Cold and/or wet--yucky. 4 22.22%
Chilly, but nice. 5 27.78%
Sunny and warm. 4 22.22%
Perfect--this is what Fall is all about. 2 11.11%
Ask again tomorrow--it's something different every day! 2 11.11%
Other 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #16  

Cheryl-No, you are not alone. I'm not a car racing fan either. The closed I come to racing is watching Days of Our Lives, where a couple of the guys are car racers. BTW, is Stewart talking to you today? Good for you on getting a new car. I just love the smell of new cars. Have fun with it.

Welcome Ninefan. Hop in and join us.

My day started out with a parent yelling at me about something that happened at school yesterday. I won't get into it, but I finally smoothed it over and all is fine now. I ended up hugging her and thanking her for coming in (what a lie!!)

I was not too good at the restaurant. I had taco soup and a beef taco salad. No sauce on the salad, but I did eat a couple of corners off the shell it was made in. I don't feel guilty though, because I really did okay. I didn't touch any of the taco chips and sauce that everyone was eating before we were served. We had a really good time, all of us old *****es laughing loudly and we didn't even order drinks!

Suzy-I'm glad your aunt is feeling better. I am still sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery for her.

Vogue-My DD attends USF and says it has been very chilly up in Tampa. Of course, chilly to us is anything lower than 80's. It's nice to see a little cooler and less humid weather, although it is supposed to rain this week.

Gayle-How is work going? You haven't talked about it lately. Are you still getting along well with the owner?

Ramona, Doni (please post something to let us know you're okay), Sherry, Dee, Debbie, Janice (good to see you!!), Carol, Vick, and everyone else who hasn't posted lately--please, if you are lurking, just pop in to say hi!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #17  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

GGdean- In the words of the amazing sinatra: My Kind of town Chicago is ... I love it there!!! my familys there all my amzingly adorable baby cousins I cant wait to get out of here, ive lived here for 5 years and hated it. I dont know why pepole say im crazy , i prob am but I love it up north in the city!

4myself- No I dont like nascar myself. I find it kinda lame to watch a car drive in a circle for like 4-6 hours, 200-500 times. Im with ya girl!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I am not a racing fan either, but do watch Days of our Lives! I have watched Days forever!

Suzy, so glad Aunt Hazel is doing better. I know you will be happy when all is calm again!

Welcome Ninefan!

Sorry this one has to be a short one, I have to do some reading for class tomorrow! I have to research and find an answer to a question a student asked in class.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #19  
Losing it!

Vouge, racing isn't lame silly! It's really fun if you connect with a few drivers and start rooting for them. When we went to KC, it was neat because we could radio into their frequency and pick up personal conversations going on between the racers and their family/pit crew. It really put a human side to it compared to cars just going around in circles.
I have been to Chicago one time, it was a fun trip! Too big of a city though for this redneck!!

Deb, are things starting to slow down for you now? Do you have good classes this year?

Shelley, job is still happening. I LOVE the job, just have problems with a few co-workers. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. I get along great with the owner, problem is...she is never here. She lives in another city with a second business, so she just drops in here a few days at a time. Her manager is not the best manager in the World, but if she is ok with how things are running, then I need to keep quite, it is her store. Hopefully, one of theses days, she will realize she really should look at new management.

Just came from a social event. I am tired and hungry! Trying to talk myself out of eating this late though! I want something salty!!!! Give me crackers & cheese!!!! YUMMY!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:26 PM   #20  
Gailen

S/C/G: 215/204/140

Thanks for the welcome ya'll! It's good to be here.
Yay! Race fans! I just love Nascar, very devoted fan here!

I just made cookies for the boys. To have one, or not to have one?? Maybe just one? Hmmm, I will have to think about it! I have done pretty well today, small portions and all that. I hate being so big! I am not supposed to be this way dammit! lol. I really need to get off my butt, and kick it into gear...need to lose more weight...a lot more.

I know I can do it, I have done it before. And when I do finally get down to my gw, I'm gonna keep it off!

Thanks for listening to me ramble I look forward to getting to know you guys.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:48 AM   #21  

Gayle-I vote for you to be manager! You deserve it and are probably her best employee!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 AM   #22  

Gayle, things won't calm down for me until the semester is over at Christmas time. I second the idea as you as the manager!

Well time for me to get to work! Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Weigh in day for me!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #23  
Losing it!

I don't see it happening girls. She has an assistant manager who was promoted about 2 years ago. This lady has worked there 10 years. If anyone should step into the manager position, it should be her. Problem though, she can not multi task....she gets one thing on her mind and off she goes...to the point she will even walk by customers and not wait on them. Man, I can just imagine the hornets nest if I was promoted to management after 1 year there compared to the one that has been there 10 years!! LOL! The manager is young, immature, is willing to throw her help under the bus if it is to her benefit and tends to fib....hmmmmm.....maybe one of these days the owner will catch on. Enough about my "wonderful" job. I do LOVE working in retail sales and dealing with the public....just yucky co-workers, but I think that is about any job I could have.

Welcome again NINEFAN! Feel free to post here any time!!! Did you eat a cookie??? I had the cheese and crackers.

Deb, good luck with weigh in!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #24  
Janice

Gayle - I haven't been to weight watchers for a couple of weeks. I haven't even gotten on the scale at home. I just can't seem to keep it together.
Started on another arthritis medication injections once a week. Will see how that goes.
It is sure busy around here.
Welcome to all the newbies.
I don't follow nascar either. I do like to go to the local races here in the summer. We know a few of the drivers so it makes it fun.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #25  
Gailen

S/C/G: 215/204/140

Good morning!

Gayle, I did eat the cookie! An oatmeal chocolate chip one. It was yummy. But I did manage to keep my lil hands off of them for the rest of the night after that!

Thursdays are busy days here. I think the only time I get by myself is this hour and 1/2 in the morning when dh is at work, and the kids are still in bed. Then off to 2 different schools...(my oldest Cody, is in first grade, my middle guy Justin is in preschool)...and that leaves me with my baby Sean. Well, he thinks he is a baby, and he always will be to me, but at 2 and 1/2, he is more like a tornado than a child.

Then off to WalMart, I'm getting an entertainment center. We are going to be remodeling the house...moving rooms around, painting. I can't wait until it's all nice and done. As it stands now, my house is a wreck! Stuff everywhere. And my washing machine went kaput yesterday. Nooooo! Oh, I don't even want to think about it.

On the bright side, I'll be so busy, I won't have time to eat too much!

I hope ya'll have a wonderful day!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #26  

Hey Cheryl I am the one with the other weather. For the last few days it has been sleating and snowing. There is now plenty of snow on the ground to make a snowman. Out my window I can see a little boy in a blue parka pushing around a yellow tonka bulldozer in the snow. How kids love the snow.

I had a wonderful weekend up at the lake. Hard to believe but two out of the four days we could have worn shorts. Our cottage had a sauna, big whirlpool tub, fireplace and it was lake front. We went on hikes in the bush and up the rocky landscape and had hot cozy fires on the lake watching the full moon glisten on the water. Wonderful.

Larry left for North Carolina early tuesday morning and will be back tonight. Yesterday when it was storming he calls and tells me he is golfing. Hard to believe.

Well today is clean the house day and I have two floors finished now to head down to the tropical paradise. I am really going to enjoy that today.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #27  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Def. shell agreed!!!!!

Lynn- I like Passions haha

Dont mean to offend any racing fans sorry!!!! ( But i sitll have my opions on it , i think the same about runnung track and dog races , its all very silly. )
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

As for NASCAR, I'm quite divided. I would never choose to watch it myself, but I can watch it for a short while as DH watches. Basically, he turns it on and does his thing, so if I go into the room with the TV, I will watch. Usually, I'll read a book instead. DH tried to get the kids involved, too (mostly when he was racing). DD wanted to grow up to be a driver (NOT) and she likes Mark Martin. DS just liked the M&M car--don't remember who drove it or if it's even around any more.

Snow. Gosh, it's like 90 degrees here today. I just can't imagine snow already! Even when growing up in Utah, it rarely snowed too much this early (if it did, it usually melted pretty quickly).

Ninefan, put that cookie down!

Gayle, did you remember the wine with your cheese and crackers?

Everyone have a great day!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #29  
Teapot Diva-short & stout

Lynneye, I'm with you, I love cozying up in warm clothes with some hot tea or cocoa, my cat, and my knitting with a favorite movie on. I couldn't do really hot weather during the winter months. BJ (Just visiting)
Old 10-13-2006, 08:10 AM   #30  

I lost 1.6 last night at WI! Very happy about that.

On my way to work, "talk" to everyone later!
Closed Thread