Old 10-18-2006, 03:20 AM   #91  
Radiate self!

Default Keep the egg warm

I have been reading lots, making pics and existing mainly on rice and chili :burp: Saw a show on tv about Vodka made in Iceland, filtered through volcanic rock. Of course it doesn't seem to be available in Canada, don't you hate that when you get geared up to try something and get the rug pulle out from under you?! :Hic: :how dry I am: :hic:

Yahoo messenger hates my computer and crashes me. Had to delete it for the fifth time on Monday. Hubby was screaming about why did I bleep, bleep put that thing back on, yadda, yadda too

I hope you all have a grand week. Stay focused on reverence, respect and responsibility. Don't make me start clocking air miles

I've been reading some philosophy books. This wonderful one called "A call to Character" with stories to teach kids about all the lovely traits which make up a decent human being... found this quote and had to make a little icon out of it.

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:39 AM   #92  
Suzi in Auz

Default I have you in my inbox!

Yaaay I figured out why i wasn't getting notifications and now I can keep up with you all. I promised I would be back later to comment. Here I am.

As I said earlier you all have been so busy!
ShadIt is so nice to hear that you are having a little rest in your time off! You are going so well at the gym wow 600 cals. I only manage that when I do the RPM class and then I have to go really hard. You must be moving with those scales. It doesn't matter what they read originally. If you are going down in kilos and % this must be a good thing. I take the scles at the Gym as a guide for me too. It's good to keep yourself honest. Like you said tho, the measurements will tell the tales. WTG anyway. All you sanding and plastering sounds great. You are so motivated. I would love to be that handy. i have grand ideas but seem to get distracted. When does work start up for you?

MelHopefully you are reading this as you are having your dinner Tomorrow / today is your big day. Don't wear yourself out now and don't listen to that silly woman. It's so interesting how people like that project their stuff onto you...she obviously has stuff going on. Mind you, you are no door mat and we know you will stick up for yourself. It's nice that Jen is joining you. Moral support!

Happy
Any joy on the hair front? I have been thnking of you. I thought I might mention it to my stylist and see what she says. It's good to have THOSE conversations with DH and yes they do take time. I think it's good to have some idea of where you are headed. He sounds like a good man.

Holly Thank you for posting those pics. You look lovely and I really like the new do. You have gone a little shorter and the red is so pretty. WOW a new car. It seems to be catchy eh? I love mine and you will love driving something so new, it's great having something so reliable. All you "newness" in your life sounds so exciting. I am so happy for you.

MadcatI hope you are enjoying that new car of yours. Now get better cos you can't be sick for your birthday! I am looking forward to hearing about it all.

Ceejay
whatcha been cooking? Can I come to your place? I am really trying hard with the home cooked idea. My kids seem to be ravenous lately and the only way to fill them is with home cooking, there is only one draw back... I like it too.

RoseHow lovely to still be gliding along on that floaty cloud.
You so deserve to be there. you got invited to a hunting camp! Wow, that is something, I imagine it's usually a "boys only" deal! wow a jog yaaay you. You go girl. There is nothing like new love to put a spring in ones step!

CarlaI have seen you peeking. i hope you had a lovely time with your SF friend. there is truly nothing like an old friend to hang with.

I better fly. I could sit here and waste the night away but there is dinner to be made, everyone here is back into routine and I think DH might be home soon. It will be nice to have a glass of wine and toast the week!

Love to all to those i missed. I only managed one page right now.
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:16 AM   #93  

Default Morning

Hey Suzi, wow that was a very special birthday and so sweet of your family. What a guy you have there...... it is just the simple thoughful things that keeps a relationship together. You have good friends and family to enjoy and love and they love you..... very good.
I am still having trouble getting notified of the thread but find it again.... hope my computer is not going to quit on me. I am still floating around and thinking how did I get so lucky... and then on the other hand it is like...cool, everyone deserves a good man at least once in their life!!!
Trying to remain on my diet action but need to get more movement in...work is so busy and I am running all day I sort of fizzle out.
My big weekend with my girlfriends is next weekend...Christmas at the Mansion I am so excited.
You all take good care and keep up the hard work.... together we can make a difference in our bodies.... if not just our hearts when we meet here to chat!!!
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #94  

Big HUGS for everyone!!!

Had a great phone convo with my new boss. An “excellent” report from the client on my “work” yesterday and good feedback from the boss. I definitely have the job. So I will work 2-3 days a week as the jobs are available.Usually sceduled 1-2 weeks ahead!!!! Perfection!!!

I will give final notice to daycare families for this Friday( most are done anyhow) . I will have most of the next 2 week off of work. I cant remember ever even having 2 days off in a row for most of the last 20 years. I have worked fulltime since i was 17, even when I was a student( worked nights and weekends).

I was home for 3 years( off payroll) when the kids were babies. It was fabulous but being home with babies is still a full time job with a whole lot of sleep deprivation on the side AND I was in a new marriage. That is tons of work.

I am going to leisurely get this house in shape and the paint the livingroom and DD’s bedroom.

I may dance around neked the odd time too.( with the curtains closed!!)

.......livingroom is DONE. I put out the halloween decorations.

There has been so much chaos here for the last year i haven't done any of my seasonal decorating. it feels so GOOD to do something fun around here.

Need to flip laundry and make lunch.

I will clean the diningroom window too so the kids can put up window clings.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #95  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Well the house has sprung yet another surprise and it would seem that part of the ceiling in the hall has split. I have yet to get up in the roof to see what can be done about it. I daresay a shortage of nails has caused most of the problem. Now I just have to work out what to do with it. I went to paint the hall ceiling this morning and looked at some of the plaster work I did the other day and lo and behold the ceiling is as bad as it ever was before I plastered it. No doubt I should have just spent the money and replaced it before I began painting. I'm beginning to have some very nasty fantasies about the builder and parts of his anatomy and the clamps I bought the other day. So at some time today I will have to get up in the roof and take a look see at what gives in this bit of the ceiling. I hope the DS2 has finished with my ladder so I can have it back. The rest of the painting is going fairly smoothly and I should have most of it finished before I have to go away again. I'd better clean up todays sanding mess before I get on with any more painting and then we will see some results when the paint goes on this afternoon.

Holly - glad to hear you got a good report. Hope the painting and decorating goes well for you.

Nice to hear from a bubbling Nae too.

Suzi - all those calories are darned hard work. It would be so nice if it took as long to put the 600 calories back in to the body. Unfortunately one good meal will take care of it in less than 30 minutes.

Meadow - nice to have another vodka person aboard. In NZ they make a superb vodka called 42 South. It tastes great. Biggest problem is a dent in the budget when you buy a bottle. It is not cheap - but looking on the bright side, at least you can get it! :hic: Surprisingly enough, the vodka that comes from the country of origin is also the cheapest. Still if you can fork out $43 odd dollars for a bottle of 42 South then have a look for it. Not too much of it though. It may be odourless but it is not calorie free.
Love the egg graphic.

Time to move along and finish this housework. I also think a cuppa is on the menu. Then there is gardening to do - and once I've gotten through the ceiling inspection no doubt a trip to Hardware Heaven is in store. I must just about own that store now.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #96  
Suzi in Auz

Hi Holly while I am reading I will wave at you !!! Are those curtains closed ?
Old 10-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #97  
Suzi in Auz

Time to post. It's my me day today...sounds funny as the whole week has been a me week but it's my day to potter, tidy, wash, clean and just enjoy the day. Tomorrow is work.

Hello to all who have posted this morning.
Hi Meadow. ohhh i hear you on the vodka. Just a little spelling error shad, it's 42 below... although it could be called south as well, who knows. They have it in all flavours, just slightly flavoured. Apparently the Manuka honey is lovely. I have a recipe for apple martinis which requires vodka and have been told to try the citris. I have never been a vodka drinker in the past but appently this is the best. There will be a little dent in the wallet. I loved your idea about getting some character into lives and our kids. I might have to check out that book!
I have a lovely hate with the computer, the kids are always doing something to mess it up and I am always ranting and raving about it. I guess I really miss it when the convenience of it isn;t there...it's my contact with the world.

Shad yes the calories are hard work. I went to the gym this morning, weights today I know i am getting stronger. I hopped on the scales there this morning and there was no change. It's frustrating sometimes. I have decided not to fret to much, hubby says there is a definite change in the body shape so I guess it's muscle gain. I hope I am shifting the fat! Oh dear on the ceiling. I cringed when I read your plans for the builder! ouch! I am very glad I am not a man or i might be sporting a new high voice at just the thought!
I guess it's a good thing in some ways to find the problem now, it would be awful to have finished your renovations and then find it, having to start again. There is always something isn't there?

Holly
I love hearing about all the newness with you. It really is a beginning to a new era. I hope you are able to find time for you amongst all the business. You deserve some time. awww halloween decorations. how lovely. I wish they a similar spin on it here. The kids are really wanting to go out and trick or treat this year. In Aus it isn't like it is in Canada or the States. They haven't taken on board the whole traditions. Kids use it as an excuse to muck up and it all gets a bit dark and it spoils it for the rest.
I will be making a jack-o-latern though I saw the most gprgeous pumpkins in the market. They must have been imported because you don't have those at this time of year here. I thought that would be fun, there are some great designs on the internet. DD is very keen to dress up. We might just see how it goes.
RoseYes you are right he is a good catch and yes, you do deserve to find a GOOD one!
You are doing really well with you diet, onwards and downwards. Work can get in the way but just use it as a distraction.
Madcats birthday is almost here
Mel is quietly recovering and eating her dinner
Ceejay is working hard. keep up that biking
Hello to Tig, teel, Happy, Linus, PW where is that girly. Carla oh golly my mind has gone blank!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #98  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi folks,

Afraid I can't do much more than a passing hello here. By the time I get home from work, make supper, eat, spend a bit of talking time with the DH, that doesn't leave much of an evening left. Last few nights have sucked up my time - phone call with mom and sis on Monday, homeowners association meeting yesterday, tonight I spent a good long phone call with a favorite aunt who has recently taken ill. Tomorrow and Friday I have a crack of dawn training class and it's hard enough for me to sit still in a classroom all day without doing it on sleep deprivation so I am 2 minutes overdue my bedtime at the moment.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I will have to catch up on the weekend most likely. Take care

Madcat, regarding the crunch challenge - in the spirit of something is better than nothing, I am challenging myself to do at least 100 but no more than 200 (too hard on the back) crunches a day. I'm keeping tally for the month in my signature. This I can do and it gets me back in the habit again. I find myself pushing a little harder to get the numbers up. If I could find a place in the office to lie down for a few minutes I'd probably make my 200 a day The spider sort of represents the things on the carpet and in the corner of the ceiling that you never really notice when you're standing upright. The first night I was in the bathroom giving it 50 crunches and one of those teeny jumping spiders was dangerously close to me. I chose to give my focus to my abs instead of praying he wasn't jumping on my head
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:08 AM   #99  
Suzi in Auz

wow that is ALOT of crunches....I am going to bounce on those abs!!! good for you happy. Your week sounds busy. I hope you find some peace!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:38 AM   #100  

Evening Happy - get off the computer and get to bed.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #101  

Suzi - I stand corrected. The vodka is known as 42 below and the gin is called South Gin. I get easily confused. It comes in four flavours which are all popular apart from Feijoa - which is only popular in NZ - must be an aquired taste. There is Manuka Honey, Passionfruit, Feijoa and Kiwifruit as well as the normal vodka.
http://www.nzte.govt.nz/section/12684/12792.aspx if you want to know more.

Bed calls, goodnight all.

Last edited by Shad; 10-19-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #102  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Shad~ get off the computer and get to bed!! I see the egg all aglow!! sorry to hear about the ceiling and the previous dark color on the wall. Great 600 calorie gym days! Good for you and good lujck with the new scale....seems a friendly kind of guy. maybe I'll borrow it!!

Happy~ yes, you lot are much nicer to come home to and spend time with! There will be no new belly fat worries for us this year! Hope the night went well and good luck today.

Nae~ good the pups like the new beau.....they are so much better at judging character than us mere humans!!
"rofl" I am glad things are going so well for you and I too am over the moon for YOU!!!

Ceejay~ we at least learned how to stick up for ourselves better this year. I have big dreams of never being a doormat again for anyone! Good work!

Java Turtle~

Madcat~ then I guess if I ask how the back seat was...there will be no good juicy story!
hope you feel better soon. Too bad about the whirlwind boss. God I hate that type. Seems they do a lot of moving and going nowhere! Good luck on the job choices. Always nice to be #1 choice!!! as Yoda once said to Darth Vader: Use your job choice wisely!

Meadow~ loved the :hic: & :burp: emoticons! ;rofl:
I am still cracking up over here. Maybe we should rack up air miles sending boxes of vodka around the world!
I am going to teach my inner "bird" how to sing again!!!

Holly~ congrats on the new job. Hope it's all you were looking for.

to all the chicks lurking!

The week is a blur but yesterday went very well. The nurse and I had a long talk. mary and I know each other for years and had friends in common. she's asking me to reconsider my priorities and drop other "programs". I did say I would five it a good think. Over 200 showed up and it went VERY smoothly. Even the ***** said thank you but in an almost empty room. The incident was no lost on Mary either. She doesn't even want to come back
Today is a do nothing day. Maybe some grocery shopping as Shad forgot to get me some fruits and veggies on her trip!! Glad she remembered the vodka and gin....don't care what it is called, just get me a long straw!
Happy Thursday! Off to eat.......
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 AM   #103  

Default Crunches

Morning all, I am receiving my notices now and I feel part of the circle again. Ok I can not help myself in making a comment about the crunches. Sorry so what it is worth if I can explain it well enough to help. When we instruct patients now to perform them is NEVER PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR NECK OR HEAD>>>>Lie flat with knees bent feet about hip width apart. arms in front of chest, elbows bented and arms on top of each other, so at this point the arms are vertical crossed to your horizontal position..... clear as mud! then you contract your abdomin and imagine pressing the back to the floor with a sustained hold... increasing the hold is progress... raise your clasped arms and your head just slightly toward the ceiling in straight up motion.....no bending towards your knees.... NO CRUNCHING ..... no raising the head forward just upwards slightly... eyes to ceiling...hold this posture..... you can even perform this same manuver while sitting in a chair if getting down on the floor is difficult.... it is so easy but so much better for your back neck ....but POWERFUL! So in a chair you slightly lean back with your arms crossed and out and hold..... tightening your muscles and hold........
can you see it..... I wish I could send a pic over this thing.
It isn't the number of how many.....it is in the isometric hold that builds the muscle and changes the nature of the tissue.. We have strong muscles even under the flab that repeat the same movement we demand in our life..... so if you are just performing in rapid succesion a quick motion forward and back the brain does not wake up the other lazy muscles, which there are many..... only when you hold the position then the brain started to fire and the pathway to these less powerful muscles have to wake up and help... so it is the opening this pathways to the lesser groups of muscles that trims that area and this also goes right to your core groups of muscles.......
It would be so fun to give you all the body box lecture we do so many things incorrectly all our life and no one ever told us to move to protect our precicous backs.....good luck!
I am helping at the Mahoney Safety House with my friend Denise who is a incomplete quad (Mel I know I have talked to you about her before) anyway it is a chili spud bake fundraiser and it is a lot of fun. We placed silent witness just wood form cut outs around town with the story on them of how they were killed by domestic violence, it is a powerful message to the community of how this exists in our society. October is Breast Cancer awareness month and also Domestic Violence Month in Idaho for us.
Talk about wanting a drink of Vodka.... my favorite and Gin too.... I wish I had known that when I was down under..... I wonder if I can find any of that here in the states.........
Ok here is a good easy recipe only 1 point on WW..... a box of spice cake mix..... 1 can of pumpkin filling the small can....mix together..... I added a little skim milk to get the consistancy I wanted....bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean...... oh my this are yummy and I am sure you could dress them up anyway you wanted too.
WEll I am having my and talking to my pups... My sweetie comes home tomorrow for two nights then is gone til the end of NOvember..... funny I was never lonely til he came into my life, I have it bad girls...forgive me!!!
Take Care everyone,
Peace and Joy,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #104  
Happy September

Mammogram Preparation

By taking a few minutes each day
for a week preceding the exam
and doing the following exercises,
you will be totally prepared for the test
and best of all, you can do these simple exercises
right in and around your home.

EXERCISE ONE:
Open your refrigerator door and insert one breast in door.
Shut the door as hard as possible and lean on the door for good measure.
Hold that position for five seconds.
Repeat again in case the first time wasn't effective enough.

EXERCISE TWO:
Visit your garage at 3 AM when the temperature of the cement floor is just perfect.
Take off all your clothes and lie comfortably on the floor
with one breast wedged under the rear tire of the car.
Ask a friend to slowly back the car up
until your breast is sufficiently flattened and chilled.
Turn over and repeat with the other breast

EXERCISE THREE:
Freeze two metal bookends overnight.
Strip to the waist and invite a stranger into the room.
Press the bookends against one of your breasts.
Smash the bookends together as hard as you can.
Set up an appointment with the stranger to meet next year and do it again.

Congratulations!
You are totally prepared!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #105  
Happy September

I thought I would post the exercises being Nae is getting ready for breast Cancer Awareness!
I am really so very happy for you Nae and I can hear the difference in your voice! Never apologize for being happy!!!
I have heard of woodent-type cutouts before used in auto safety months....great idea for abuse stories. Bravo!!
i remember Denise and hope she is well.
some women on the Nutrasystem forum make a "diet" cake. One box of any flavor cake mix with one can of diet soda. The rule of thumb is light color cakes with light color sodas, dark with dark. I can imagine they get very inventive!
I personally have never tried it but they say it's delicious and about 100 cals per serving. Your's sounds even better. I know Jen would love it!!
I like pumpkin oatmeal. I must look again for the recipe...your post just reminded me of it!!! TTFN