Old 10-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #76  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh dear - and I missed it this morning. Happy birthday dear Java.

Umm - isn't it tomorrow on your side of the world? Is that why I forgot?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:01 PM   #77  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

YOU DIDN'T MISS IT SHADDIE. IT'S ONLY HER BIRTHDAY IN AUSTRALAI RIGHT NOW!!! LOL
I MAM A WEE BIT EARLY BECAUSE I MIGHT NOT BE HERE IN THE MORNING! HAPPY MONDAY!! GOING TO BED NOW
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:31 AM   #78  
Happy September

Good Morning Chicks. Looks like the sun is out and some brisk air is flying around. I will be missing I think for the next few days. The arms can only do so much.
Definitely pacing myself. Take good care of yourselves and see you when the job is done. I'll keep up reading while eating dinner at night. You gals can keep me company Today and tomorrow are form filling for this bldg and Weds will be the whole shebang. And next year this job WILL be someone else's.
Have a wonderful week.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:45 AM   #79  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Well DH was on a talking jag this weekend. A real talking jag, like several hours all 3 days of the weekend. He wanted to discuss our financial plan. It was wayyyyyy more time than I wanted to spend on it but it's my life too so it was not time mis-spent even tho it actually took up most of the weekend. So I am again, behind in everything and we are leaving town in 11 days.

DH washed my car last night. I also bought some beautiful ribs on sale that I figured we'd grill up. Both events combined to bring on major rain today and tomorrow. It's just been THAT kind of weekend.

In other news...

Mel, I'm sorry you have to take a break. There's always a big hole when you're not around. BUT... you have to take care of yourself above all else and I'm glad you are being proactive instead of pushing it and suffering the consequences. Take care my friend will try and give you the dish on something fabulous each day so you can have a good read

Happy Birthday Miss Java Turtle! Take time out to celebrate your very own special day.

Shad, don't put a great deal of stock into the body fat thing. Sometimes it's not accurate at all. Arnold Schwartzenegger (sp??) would have a very high BMI according to the charts and we know that's inaccurate. Just keep up with the gym, eat healthy, watch your portions and mix up your workouts and your food occasionally. It sounds like you are doing all the right things and sometimes that's all you can do. You're doing alot better than most of us?

Awww Holly, so you didn't get the sport red color with the spoiler? Nice little car there.

Morning CeeJay - stay warm and dry. I see there's way more rain up your way.

Madcat, hey no kidding about turning the furnace on and stirring up the dust! Your vineyard outting sounded like a lot of fun. AND you got to do some serious leaf peeping. I'm jealous.

Was talking to another friend of mine who's from the New York area. Both of us are really missing the autumn colors this year. With all the rain and storms in Chicago, there probably won't be much left when we get up there. I'm hoping the ride up will give us a good view though.

Hey Carla, I see you're run into one of those "mirror of truths". Those are always a soul shattering experience but perhaps you can turn it into some motivation for yourself.

Well I have sat here way too long and now I'd better kick it into high gear. Hellos to Suzi, Meadow, Teel, Raventoy (happy belated birthday if you're lurking), Tig, Nae and anyone else I may have temporarily forgotten.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon all
Happy birthday Java. We miss you.

Happy--yes it's raining, but I don't think we have the worse part of it yet.

Mel--Take care of yourself.

Holly-- I enjoyed the pictures.

Shad--My house needs a good cleaning and I sure need to finish some projects that I started almost 2 years ago.

I've been working the past couple of days so I have not had much time. Yesteday I had to manually close a valve and today I smashed my finger.
On the good side of things I'm getting 20 hours worth of over time on my next pay check. The stress of the valve malfunctioning sent me on a good ole binge. Ate almost a whole box of little debbie Zebra cakes.

Madcat, Carla, Suzi hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #81  

Morning all,
A dull grey overcast day has dawned. Well it got overcast yeterday afternoon and they promised us rain overnight but that didn't happen. Maybe today..........maybe!!

I painted in the hall yesterday, but it was so hot that the paint was drying on the roller which is not good for a great finish. So today I will start in the cool of the morning - and it is cool out there at the moment and see if it works better. This bit I hate because there are six doors off this hall. Lots of fiddly work. But it will look good when it is finished.... hopefully.

Gym yesterday was exhausting. For the first time I managed to get past the 600 calories burnt mark. Never been able to do that before.
Actually, this new scale is rather interesting Happy. I set it up for me - age, height, weight etc. and when I hop on in the morning, I always find the weight is down but the body fat is in the obese range. If I weigh in after gym, the weight is down, the body fat is in the overfat range. And if I weigh in the evening, the weight is up and the body fat is down but still in the overfat range. I really only bought the scale because of the 100g increments and they are decreasing nicely this week. It still says heavier than the old scales, but it does move up and down. I'll take what it says with a grain of salt, but it is fun experimenting. I never thought I would say that with a scale!

Happy - be glad that the DH has enough nous to think about and sort out the financial plan. Too many people don't take enough notice of it and I am probably one of them. I have simply accepted that the Super company will take good care of my money - whereas in actual fact, they really don't care too much I don't think. My money tied up in term deposits does better than the super accounts many times.
No wonder it rained over your weekend. Washing the car and a barbeque is a certain cloudbreaker.

I see CeeJay snuck in while I was moving to Advanced posting. Morning CeeJay - sorry about the finger.

Mel - Take care over the next couple of days. We do not want you to wear out or stress over this. It is not good for your health. What's for dinner - seing as we are keeping you company. Please excuse the paint splatter on me will you, I have been busy.

Okay well I better go get on with it. Gym will come later today because of the painting. After that I'll clean up, clear up and get the washing folded and put away. After lunch is my siesta time - provided it is hot enough. If it is still cool, I'll go out into the garden and if it is raining, I will just have to go sort out some stuff, or go shopping or something. I'm sure I will find something to do.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:13 AM   #82  
Happy September

Shad~ Instead of dinner it's oatmeal and applesauce for breakfast. Woman....turn on the air-conditioner and the paint won't dry on the roller!!! if it's too hot for that then siestas are a good thing....Martha Stewart says so.

Yesterday, I had a lot of help from Fran and we got the bulk of work done. Today is moving furniture and setting up chairs. Meeting the maint. men at 3pm so I took part of the day off and no food shopping. Giving myself a well deserved break. i have to admit that my heart is just not in this anymore. To top it all off the "woman" was accusing me of not doing the job right and not trusting me.....like she ever did it herself!!! WTF!!! Yes the "powers that be" are going to hear it from me when this is over.
Any doubts that I had about letting this go are all gone now. So Happy...get out those little umbrellas and get the drinks ready
Happy Tuesday and good morning sunshine

Holly~ congrats on the pics and nthe new car!! Looked cold when the pictures were taken Brrrrrr.

Happy~ the best laid plans of mice and men.....hope the rest of the time goes well At least you know your financial future is being well taken care of.

Ceejay~ nice overtime Hope you're not exhausted!!! You can do lots of shopping and get youself more bling!!!!

Carla~ I have a mirror opposite my toilet....I also have been doing a fine job of ignoring what's envisioned in it!! I think some etching would be a good thing and am willing to travel with stencils for food!!!

Madcat......she and DH must be busy in the car....I mean WITH the car or getting ready for her birthday

Yawn yawn yawn.....off to the showers. TTFN & see you all Thursday.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #83  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi there chickies,

CeeJay - you weren't kidding about the worst is yet to come with the rain. We got a steady downpour of heavy, heavy rain all day and into the night. I was standing on the porch taking in some fresh air and saying - hey rain, we've got enough - go give some to Shad Must be making a mess of those cotton fields. Sorry to hear about your finger. Ouch!

Wow Shad - 600 calories burned in one session! That is so awesome!!! Congrats and I'm so impressed. Now if that doesn't move the flabby bits as you call them, then there is no justice in this world. Glad you're having fun with the scales. My comment was only that you shouldn't regard them as the law - they advertise them as the be all end all and they aren't. I guess for some of us, just another way to obcess. However that was interesting as things switch about between gym and non gym parts of the day.

And yes, I am glad that DH is concerned about our financial state. We have made it a priority for several years now. I just wasn't planning on spending THAT much time talking about it.

Mel, isn't it funny how you throw yourself into something, heart and soul and then one day you realize you are killing yourself - for what??? It's not that some people don't appreciate it - but rather when someone starts criticizing you for something you are doing for FREE or they take advantage of you because no one else will help out. You gotta look out for yourself my friend. Besides, the more time you spend with them, the less time you spend with us and we're much nicer

Saw on the Internet that according to the census in the US. Non married households exceed the married ones by a smidge and growing. What is this world coming to I wonder? So many changes, so different than it used to be and not for the better I think. It's going to heck in a handbasket as grandma used to say... Ah well getting aggivated over it just makes more belly fat on me so I'm not stressing...

Gotta run now, see you later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #84  

Default Morning Ladies

Hello, I have been off in the clouds since Oct. 4th I can tell ya.....but also I can not get to the thread to see you guys hardly at all. I never get the notices of when someone has posted either..... it has been sort of frustrating!
A Very Happy Birthday to the Chicks out there...wow there are a few having their bdays now.... very good!
I am still seeing my new fella but he is out in hunting camp right now so no phone contact either.... that is sort of a bummer for me but he did invite me up on Saturday and we had a fabulous time the weather was perfect. He took me 4 wheeler riding all over a couple of mountains it was fabulous. Time will tell how serious this budding new romance will go but so far I have not even sensed one red flag of any kind...... I am over the moon!
New love helps with weight loss too.... wearing some new jeans I bought this summer.....still dieting and I even got in a jog on Saturday.....oh yes, Mel the pups just adore him, too!
Well ladies I have missed some stuff by not being able to load the pages so forgive me. I don't know how to solve the problem I did a good cleanup on my computer on sunday hoping to fix it...but no...
Take Good Care eveyone,
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy--The wiind changed directions lste yesterday afternoon and the south of us got the brink of the rain. We had our fair share also.

Mel--I full well know how it feels not to be appreciated. My incident has been resolved, I hope. If it arises again I'm going to the boss right then and nip it in the bud.

Shad--I'm with Mel on turning on the ac.

Nae--Love is in the air. I'm so happy for you. Keep us posted.

Does any one know how to put insert a ticker? found one a tickerfactory dot com and tried to copy and paste it but that didn't work.

I've just completed 20 minutes of my toning for the day. I really need to get back on the bike but I just don't have the stamina right now. This overtime is getting next to me. Food has been good this week also. I spent most of the day Friday cooking.

have a good day.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-17-2006 at 05:05 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #86  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Thank you

Thank you all for the warm birthday wishes. You're all so sweet.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #87  
Smackin' into a Wall

Been busy with work this week and really not feeling up to snuff. I feel as if I am getting sick – a bit throat scratchy, a bit exhausted… but not sick enough to actually be sick. Sigh. Work has been very stressful. I sit near my boss and let’s just say that poses a few challenges. Luckily she just left for some conference in Chicago so it will be nice and quite here. At this point, I’m not even sure I want to renew my contract here when the time comes. I don’t like having to try to work in the middle of a whirlwind. Maybe if I had a desk farther away??? Like Alaska. On the up side, I’ve had two separate people approach me asking if I was free soon. Both parties are people I have worked with before who have told me “You are my first choice”. It makes me feel good, even if nothing comes of the offers and even if I decide to stay. I’ll have to be careful how I handle this though. I do not want to burn any bridges.

Mel ~ :ROTFLMAO:!!! Being “busy” in the car sounds a lot more interesting that what I have been doing! If it has been me in the face of the criticizing woman I might have been tempted to stick a needle in her arm and say “go ahead and you do it then, if you think you are so smart”.

Ceejay~ The OT money is good but don’t let yourself get burned out. Watch those fingers. You might need those.

Nae~ When we first started this new thread I wasn’t getting notifications either. Did you try unsubscribing and then re-subscribing? That seemed to help for me. Have fun!

Happy~ What is the October crunch challenge? Funny, but I was thinking about you and your door purchase today when I was watching TV on the Elliptical at the gym. Seems that Habitat for Humanity has an outlet store where people can donate and/or buy home renovations bits – cupboards and sinks and housing goods. People also donate antique parts such as windows and doors and it reminded me of your door hunt. Did you have luck finding what you were looking for? Funny about that married vs. non- married stat. I wonder if part of it is the fact that the divorce rate is so high discouraging people from taking the leap. I’d love to see how that demographic breaks down by age/ education etc. Also I’d love to know how many of those non-married end up married later. Statistics can mean anything we want them to.

Shad~ Wow a 600 calorie workout. That is so amazing! Good work. Interesting pattern in your scale functioning. I guess that must be the difference in water in your muscles at different times of the day? Good luck with the painting. I hope it works out better today. I’ll take your advice and pack the camera this weekend. We’re splurging out and staying at one of the ritzy hotels that overlook the falls. Floor to ceiling windows, Jacuzzi tub. Not sure what is happening there this weekend, but some Handel would be nice. If the weather is ok, I want to stop for lunch in Niagara-on-the-Lake (or NOTL, as the locals call it) on the way down there. There’s a nice pub just off the main drag. I’ll post photos (but I’ll try to keep ‘em clean).

Happy Birthday Java Turtle girl ( a tad late is better than never)

Holly~ Congrats on the new vehicle. It is so cool, isn’t it? I keep wanting to go to the garage and just look at mine. And congrats on the new contract. A whole new phase of life awaits. Good going and nice snazzy hair, BTW.

K. I better get back to work. Break time is over.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #88  

I Love Java. Hope it was a spectacular bday!!!

Today was the first time in 15 years I have gone to work for someone else and the first time 8.5 years I have left home to work. A little freaky but exciting.
The job went well. I do enjoy it. My "boss" is cool.The client was delight. Albiet a very "chaotic" person but working thru it. Way cool to see her transformation.
I am soooo tired. Yikes. Mostly from being with 2 other adults for 6 hours straight and communicating. Just plain not used to it. The work is dirty and physical but not hard work.Then there was the mad after school/making supper dash.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #89  
Suzi in Auz

I'm back!!!!!

Before I start on my huge few days a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JAVA. I hope your day was special.
There are so many birthdays in October!!

I have had a good read from you all and you all have been so busy, getting plastered, drinking wine, getting dos, rain, dates, making hummous, eating kiwis ( no that could be considered carniverous in my neck of the woods ) !

I love reading it all....now for my ramblings

The weekends festivities started with a quiet little get together at home with some neighbours. DH had organised some lovely cakes and champagne was flowing. He also put together a surprise for me which was a Powerpoint presntation which he did with the projector. He had gathered photos from my childhood til now and put them to music. It was so lovely. He also gave me a hard copy...so special. He had written to my friends around the globe via email and asked them to write a little something, which he included. By the end of it all I was a blubbering mess, it was so lovely!
DS made up a birthday song and sang it with his guitar. I cried again. By then end of it all i hadn't taken much of it all in so I have asked for a repeat performance! I am blessed.
Saturday was a beautiful day. the weather continued to be lovely, DH presnted me and my dear friend with a voucher to the foot spa for a luxury massage. We went off to breakfast first and then he dropped us off for our morning of luxury while he organised the afternoon. A 50 min massage ended up being 2 1/2 hours! Heaven. I now have beautiful french polished toes.

In the afternoon our neighbours and friends came for a swim, I even hopped in as the water was 29 degrees! it was 35 outside. Champagne flowed, strawberries and oysters. YUM
DH organised the evening, we went into the city and arrived at an exquisite french restaurant which has a month long wating list. The table was presented with about 10 knives and forks and I knew we were in for a treat. We had the degustation menu with matching wines! What a treat! It was all so special. One of the funniest things was I ordered the pigeon as a main as we had a choice. The others oredered beef. I just wanted to be different. When the waiter lifted the lid to my meal I am sure my pigeon flew away. i needed a microscope to eat it. I was giggling the whole time. The food tho was very special and probably the nicest meal I have ever eaten.
I was so impressed with my DH. He had put so much thought into this whole experience.
Sunday was a quiet one. I didn't suffer as was careful not to drink too much and plenty of water.
My friend from NZ went home yesterday and I was so sad to see her go. The time we had together was so rich. She is a treasure. She called me when she arrived back home and told me she thought she was closer to me than her own sister. I will spend the rest of the week reflecting.

so ....there is all is. A wonderful patchwork of memories!

I will come back later to comment and chat. Just thought you might all like a catch up.
Hoping everyones week is good. I am looking forward to hearing about The birthday trip. The vineyards sounded lovely. i could picture it all.

Love to you all
Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 AM   #90  

Default Afternoon all,

Siesta is over and so I thought that I would drop in here and post the daily episode before heading out to get the fruit and veges for the week.

The overcast cloud delivered little yesterday - one short sharp shower and hardly enought water to wet the pavers. No joy there can tell you. Today which started off the same is now a brilliant blue cloudless sky and warm temps.

Went to the gym this morning for the last time this week. Managed another 600+ calories although it was hard going I have to admit. That last workout for the week is very tiring. I wish I had Happy's confidence that this flab will move with the extra effort. But I must say that I do feel somewhat fitter and that interesting scale that I bought tells me I have lost a kilo since I got it and the body fat has reduced 1%. I'm not sure that I believe it. Measurements at the end of the month will tell I guess.

Happy - here, one marriage in three ends in separation or divorce. The number of women over 40 who live alone is growing. I have no idea about the number of people who live in de facto situations, although if you listen to the news, most of them are fighting each other.

Mel - glad to hear you are getting some help from both the DD and Fran. Hate to think of you trying to do the lot by yourself. Yesterday's early morning painting session went better than the day before and two bits of the hall are now ready for the top coat of paint. I shall never, never, never paint the walls a dark colour again - they were dark blue on the botton and cream on the top with a border - it takes so much effort to get it covered again.

Rose - glad to hear that things seem to be working out with the new man in your life. I'm very happy for you. As for the notices of posts in the thread, make sure you tick the 'Remember me' login box and also have the one about e-mail messages checked at the bottom of the screen. I also have turned on the one in my CP User area - sometimes I get two notices of a post!

Madcat - ooooh that hotel sounds nice. I remember we had lunch at the Sheridan which was very nice and at the top of the building and the views were unbelievable. NOTL had some wonderful crafty type shops and was really trendy. Reminded me of some of the villages here which house artists and alternative lifestyles although I can't say that NOTL seemed too 'alternative'.

Holly - what is it you are doing again??? Sounds interesting and will be completely different from what you are used to I guess.

Suz - what a lovely birthday you have had. How sweet of the DH to give you a 'This is your life (so far)' party. What a lovely man. The French restaurant sounds nice too. Too funny about the pidgeon. Sort of like spatchcock - where is it among the lettuce leaves???? We seek him here, we seek him there!!!

Okay better go see what I can do for fruit and veg. I also need to make a couple of phone calls.