gusting to 35 mph
Humidity: N/A
Pressure: N/A
Dew Point: N/A°F
Visibility: 2.0 miles

Feeling a little Christmassy.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #47  

Snowing????? Holly, I seem to have escaped to lotusland just in time. Here in Van it's a lovely sunny day, mid-teens. I wonder if Ottawa's getting it too? It'll soon be time to shop for snow boots and get the snow tires back on.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #48  
Smackin' into a Wall

Not snowing here in T.O. (yet, though one of my co-workers claimed to have seen flurries at lunch. I don't believe him. I think he must be a pathological liar.

Carla, Van sounds so lovely. Enjoy the lotus for me , will ya? Don't forget your sunblock (or your umbrella).

And Holly makes me sing... "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."... though I hope NOT.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #49  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default It's birthday time.

Good morning, good morning to you, and you, and you all.

Happy Birthday to Suzi and to Carla. Our birthday girls. Yes I know Carla still has a bit of a wait to get there, but we are celebrating right now. I raise my coffee cup to you.

I'd put in more pics but remember the trouble it caused last time. We had to move - we'd outstayed our welcome.
So I wish you both the very best of days. Hope you have a wonderful time - Suzi in Sydney and Carla in Vancouver.

Make a wish and give it wings
Dreams of bright and beautiful things

Dance through all the fun filled hours
Don't forget to smell the flowers

Share some love and birthday cake
All life joys are yours to take

And when evening comes to view
Thanks your lucky stars you're you

Happy Birthday

Okay - I'd better stop there before Mel has a problem getting in.
I'll be back later in the day with a hopefully humorous update on my progress or lack thereof as the case my be.

Have a good one.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #50  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CARLA AND SUZI
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

WE'LL CELEBRATE THEM A BIT EARLY!! HOPE YOUR DAY IS WONDERFUL FOR THE BOTH OF YOU!!!
ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THEM!
DANCE AND SING AND RUN NAKED THRU THE HOUSE!!!
ALL US CHICKS ARE DRESSED IN OUR FINERY AND READY TO PARTAAAAY WITH YOU!!!

I POSTED THIS TONITE. TOMORROW THREATENS TO BE LONG AND DRAWN OUT. SOMEONE DECIDED THEY DID NOT WANT TO RUN THE FLU SHOTS AND HAS GIVEN IT BACK TO ME. HER EXCUSE: I DON'T WANT TO HURT MEL'S FEELINGS AS I KNOW SHE LOVES IT....ETC
IT'S SCHEDULED FOR WEDS. THERE WILL BE OVER 200 AND THAT'S A BIT TOO MUCH FOR ONE PERSON. FILLING OUT FORMS AND HELPING THEM ROLL UP SLEEVES AND GET ID OUT OF WALLETS. SO I MUST MAKE PLANS AND RECRUIT ONE OR TWO. BAD TIMING CAUSE WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN AUDIT AND ONE OFFICE WOMAN IS STILL RECOVERING FROM HEART SURGERY. I SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING. SUCH BS IS GOING ON. I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT I REALLY HATE WORKING FOR WOMEN! (DON'T LET ANY MEN READ THIS)
WELL IT WILL KEEP ME BUSY I GUESS.
HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY AND WILL SEE YOU OVER THE WEEKEND.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #51  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CARLA~ HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME!! MAYBE IT WILL SNOW BEFORE YOU LEAVE AND YOU CAN SING XMASSY SONGS WITH MADCAT! YOU MAKE ME LAUGH TOO!! 2 PEAS IN A POD I THINK!! I AM VERY GOOD AT "PRETENDING" ALL IS WELL
ENJOY THE TRIP!!

SHAD~ LOVED THE BIRTHDAY GRAPHICS!! VERY CUTE. HOPE YOUR WEEK CONTINUES TO GO WELL. LOVED THE POEM AS WELL

MADCAT~ BEST NOT SING CHRISTMAS SONGS LEST MISS RUTH OR MISS SHAD SEND THE SANTA POLICE AFTER US ALL!!! ROFLMAO BUT THEN YOU HAVE A CAR NOW AND CAN SPEED AWAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #52  
Radiate self!

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #53  

It is a glorious night out. Cold and fresh . The snow was crunching under foot. You can smell the wood fire smoke all around the house outside. Then you come in to an orangeish glowy warm house.
I have my granny flanny nightie on!!!

Kids made several snowmen after school and after supper. Good packing snow!

Gloriously Happy Birthdays to SUZI and CARLA!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #54  
Radiate self!

I had kiwi from New Zealand for breakfast today Store bought hummus for lunch. A chickpea, turkey, rice soup for dinner which I made from my botched homemade hummus attempt I'm beginning to suspect there is a knack to this hummus making which I have failed to grasp Thanksgiving with my sisters was fabulous! I was just a mere helper and they did the bulk of the cooking. It was a joyous weekend. We just relaxed and had a great time.

Mel-whoops, they roped you in! The tricky, backhanded complementers are so devious, may they rot in their own vomit for being such trolls. I hope you find the helpers you need to make it a smooth flu shot experience You know I think the guys at the fire department know all about that stuff, maybe you could get some of them on your side I hope you play Christmas music the entire time and give everyone a candycane for being good. Hey maybe you should dress up as the flu elf?

Shad-I really liked your birthday poem, made me smile How goes your big bash plans? Is everyone going to arrive in time? Is it warming up down there? I've had to turn the heat on this side of the world, no snow though... those Eastern chicks are pushing shovels

Holly-did you get enough snow to make a snow bunny? I bet your kids were thrilled to bits. I hope they don't have to wear snowsuits for Halloween though. Fingers crossed this was just a blip. Are you enjoying your days?

Carla- you are on my side of the country! I hope you get to visit Gastown and have a wander around Chinatown and Stanley park. There are always seals in the harbour this time of year to laugh at Have fun with your buddy from the south.

Madcat-Lying coworkers? Does the boss know I hope it is only the weather that they stretch the story on

Happy-what are you doing? Did you see the Oprah with Lisa Maria Presley and the secret room at Graceland? I thought of you. Do a recon mission and find out where that is will you? Did you make a bed for the kitty yet? Or do you Southerners still have balmy weather?

Hey Chicks, I have yoga pants and do lovely stretches in my head, does that work?
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #55  
Suzi in Auz

Happy Birthday to me and Carla!!!!! :gifts:
Shad and Mel and Carla ...thank you so much for your kind wishes.
Carla I hope yours is a special one too.

It's a really weird thing, I am like a magnet when it comes to my birthday. No matter where I am I always seem to attract someone who shares the same day! I was born on my Mum's and my DD is in 10 days. There always seems to be someone else around me born on the 13th...great day Carla. I hope you have a wonderful time in Vancouver withy your friend. How special. I will be toasting to you later

The celebrations just keep coming. Yesterdays lunch went well with 15 coming, it was so warm and there was no room for the kids, they sat outside in the garden but it really was a superb day weather wise. I really got that "this is good!" feeling. it was nice to be with friends old and new and just get together. I am glad I did it.

This morning started with the Gym. RMP cylcing class. I was tempted not to go but am so glad I went, that's 600 cals I can use later. I need all the help i can get.
Hubby was cute. He sent me upstairs to get dressed. He is staying home to organise today and spend the day with our NZ friend. He called me down and there was a beautiful for me. It's a lovely granfather clock in cream, which just looks devine with our floors in the front room. I it. I was spoilt with choccies from DS and other bits and pieces. Lots of lovely cards, so nice and a knock at the door from a parcel post!!!

I'm at work now and so it's all very quiet. No one here knows it is my birthday as I am on my own but it's ok. I think DH and friend are coming to break the day up with some fun and some lunch. DD is with them as it is still vacation time for her.

Tonight we are popping the bubbly and having some fun with neighbours. and :birthday: , very civilised. I think tomorrow there are more things planned.....yaaay!
It's very nice to feel the love.

Shad your sanding sound fun. I actually LOVE painting. Not too fond of preping but it's all part of it. I love the end result. DH runs a mile and leaves it to me. I don't mind. Thank you for the beautiful poem too

Mel...wow how is that about that plane? DH told me last night. I bet everyone was a little worried with racing thoughts...ekk about the flu shots. You would be perfect for the job though, I am sure you will reassure them all. Good for you...i know it's awful I am hopeless with needles. Funny your comments about women and working with them....too true in so many ways.
Have a gorgeous weekend won't you love! YOur soup sounds scummy!

Madcat ...yaaay birthday celelbrations!!! I hope you enjoy yours. Your trip to Niagra soiunds lovely. DH went last year and showed me photos. i loved it. I always think of Jim Carey and the film "Bruce Alimghty" when I hear about the maid in the mist...too funny.
And a trip to the Vineyard too ...wow. super duper. I LOVE black, excellent choice for the car. Guess what colour mine is? Crayola Blue too funny. . I know what you mean about the colour but I LOVE it. it's different to those around and so sporty...!

Morning Happy I don't blame you still being cross about your hair. it's a service and you weren't given one, there should be stricter rules too about the time you leave the hair to process too. i know I have been left in the chair before and my hair and scalp have become so itchy and sore. I thought it was just the processing but found out later that my scalp was probably burnt. It doesn't need to be like that, esp when you are paying high prices too. Oh i do feel for you.

Holly :wave to teel. i hope you are better soon. Linus Meadow Tig , Rose Raventoy and hope the birthdayw as special. Ok I think I have forgotten some... to all and have a lovely weekend. i might check back later as I can see work is going to be very quiet....shhhh they are hunting wabbits !

Last edited by suzi in auz; 10-12-2006 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #56  
Suzi in Auz

Meadow you just snuck in there Thank you for the beautiful graphics you are sooo clever ...thanks too Holly...wow snow! I can't beleive it. We are HOT here it's 36 degrees today!

Last edited by suzi in auz; 10-13-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:55 AM   #57  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday Suzi!

Happy Birthday Carla!

Wishing all the best on your special day. Forgive the lack of graphics, I'm a little unsure about creating a ruckus here. Hope you have the best birthday EVER

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:55 AM   #58  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Suzi - HAPPY BIRTHDAY (she's peeking now girls)
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:24 AM   #59  
Suzi in Auz

HI happy....oh you special thing ...how did you know, Thank you sweetie. They are the only ones i can muster. You can tell i an BORED at work and i just want to go home
Old 10-13-2006, 05:00 AM   #60  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Suzi's probably hard at it, Carla's planning hers. And Madcat has hers all ready to go. Birthdays that is. What did we do to deserve all these birthdays at once?

Been a beautiful day today. Bit hot around lunchtime but I just went to sleep in the chair after my lunch anyway so missed most of it. I've pulled weeds in the rose garden this morning and given the roses a haircut. Bet it was a better experience for them than for Happy. Went shopping to get some fruit and veg etc. and was very good with the shopping this week. No unplanned expenditure at all. Usually I buy 'something for the cupboard - just in case'. I resisted today. I've been plastering some walls and a lot of myself as well. I have a tricky bit of wall to go and I made some fairly sloppy plaster to start with. Halfway up the ladder I lost my grip on the pallet thingy and grabbed it to stop it from falling. Unfortunately I did grab it and it tipped slightly and then went all over my t-shirt, neck, shorts, legs and sandals. I was literally plastered!!! Later I found some in my hair and down my bra. Oh lovely!!! Just what I needed. Anyway 3 out of the 4 walls are now awaiting final sanding tomorrow and then they get the first coat of paint. Yippee. Once this bit is finished I will feel like I have achieved something. Nothing like a bit of achievement to want a bod to carry on.

Ooops someone on the phone. Be back later or maybe tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote