Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #31  

It is my Monday. Having a good day so far.
I did a 30 min body sculpt this morning and have had a good South Beach food day so far.
Feeling focused on me for a change. Have made some calls and tidied a bit. 3 kids here.
Finally feeling this cold is done. Ankle is sore but tolerable.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy-- We have many fields of cotton right now. I love it when it looks like it has snowed.
Raventoy--happy birthday
Nae--I'm happy for you.
Holly, shad, Mel, Madcat and the rest of the gang, Hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #33  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SORRY BUT THIS IS A BIT OF A FLYBY POST. I DID READ EVERYONE'S POSTS THOUGH.
I AM ESPECIALLY HAPOPY FOR NAE WITH THE 3 HAPPY DATES!!! I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED AND YOU CAN BE AS OVER THE TOP ABOUT IT AS YOU WANT AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED....HOW ELSE CAN I DO THE VICARIOUS THING WITHOUT DETAILS!!!!
MADCAT GOT HER NEW CAR!!! USE IT IN GOOD HEALTH!! AND ANOTHER HONEYMOON IN NIAGRA FALLS? DID THAT COME WITH THE CAR??? WE WANT DETAILS OF THAT TOO WHEN YOU RETURN!!!
SHAD WAS GARDENING, HAPPY GOT HOME SAFE BUT CANNOT GET TO MCKENZIE!!
HOPE HOLY'S ANKLE FEELS BETTER AND CEEJAY DOESN'T GET LOST IN THEM OLD FIELDS OF COTTON BACK HOME...LA LA LA
I SPENT THE DAY FOOD SHOPPING, COMISERATING WITH WILLY AND BARKING OUT MAINT. ORDERS. STUFF THAT WAS LET GO FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG. I LEFT A NOTE LAST NIGHT SO THEY COULD GET A HEAD START BEFORE I GOT BACK FROM THE SUPERMARKET.
THERE IS WORK FOR TOMORROW ALSO. NOT GETTING SUCKED IN THOUGH GIRLS. KEEPING MY DISTANCE.
I GAVE A BOX FULl OF BRAND NEW PJS(SILKY ONES ETC) TO ONE OF THE OFFICE WOMEN. SHE IS THRILLED! SO GLAD SOMEONE CAN USE THEM AND I FEEL BETTER NOT LOOKING AT STUFF THAT I COULD SLIDE RIGHT OUT OF THE CHAIR WITH. GIFTS FROM WELL MEANING FRIENDS.
FELT GOOD TO MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY.
POOR WILLY HAD A MAN FALL OUT OF A WHEELCHAIR LAST FRIDAY. HE IS STILL SHAKEN. THE MAN WAS SO HEAVY WIILLY COULD NOT PICK HIM UP AND HAD TO DRIVE THE BUS WITH THE MAN STILL ON THE FLOOR TO GET HELP IN LIFTING HIM. VERY SAD AND DEJA VU FOR WILLY WITH ME LAST YEAR. HE REALLY WAS VERY SHAKEN UP STILL ALL DAY TODAY.
WE HAD A GOOD TALK AND HE SEE'S IT'S NOT HIS FAULT BUT HE IS ASKING "WHY ME". POOR GUY.
HE WAS VERY ATTACHED TO ME TODAY AND EVEN CAME INTO THE FOOD STORE AND CHECKED ME OUT AND WAS GLUED TO MY SIDE AT THE OFFICE. SAD REALLY CAUSE HE TRIES SO HARD. I ALMOST LOST IT A FEW TIMES MYSELF WATCHING HIM GO THRU IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
TOMORROW I WILL TREAT HIM TO LUNCH AND JIMMY TOO. THEY NEED SOMEONE TO "SPOIL" THEM EVEN IF IT'S JUST FOR ONE DAY. WE CAN EAT LUNCH TOGETHER. TODAY WAS TOO BUSY TO JOIN THEM WHEN THEY INVITED ME.
GUESS I HAVE RAMBLED ON LONG ENOUGH. SORRY.....FEELING A BIT VULNERABLE WITH THE MEMORIES OF LAST YEAR MYSELF NOW. IT'S CONTAGIOUS!
OFF TO MAKE DINNER. VEGGIES AND A SOY BURGER.
STARTED MY 6 WEEK BODY MAKEOVER PLAN AGAIN YESTERDAY. WILL WEIGH IN TOMORROW. I FORGOT THIS MORNING....FREUDIAN SLIP?????
HAPPY WEDNESDAY TOMORROW.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Lovely fresh cool morning here - we had showers during the night and it has refreshed everything. Not that it does anything to break the drought however, just stops anything from looking tired and stressed. There must have been enough of it to bring out the bugs because this morning there are some delightful tiny black and white finches darting around the yard pecking in the grass. Miss Puss is delighted, she sees a meal in every one. However the wily little birds are very wise to her movements. It really is good to see birds back in the yard. Shows that Mother Nature is taking over and giving us a lesson in natural bug warfare.

Suzi is probably getting ready for her big day out. Not long to go now, Suzi. Hope the weather holds (in case it is gourmet barbecue time). Good that you enjoyed the Dixie Chicks. I saw them on the Sunrise program. They looked good. Also good that you are having a grand time with the NZ friend.

Madcat - sure we will all go cycling down the mountainside. Is it on Mt Cook? I saw that adventure on one of the travel shows some time back. They were helicoptered to the top of the hill/ mountain and got on the trail to ride down. Looded like a lot of fun. Mind you I think you would have to be a fit sort of cyclist and you might end up with a real sore butt at the other end. Still no pain, no gain I guess. Yep, I will be in that one with you. Glad you could get that link. Seems that the Americans among us couldn't get my posted link. Maybe something lingering from our anti nuclear stand some years back??? Not that the MacKenzie Country had anything to do with that - all that hot air was in Wellington.
Hope you are enjoying the new car and really putting it through it's paces for performance and rideability. Pays to find the faults now and not later. New cars these days are mostly very reliable. I've not had any problems with either of mine. But I well remember the hassles DS2 had with the Suzuki Sierra he bought from new. It was a real lemon.
Going to Niagara for your birthday! Oh bliss. I loved that place. The helicopter ride over the falls was a great highlight.

Happy - I feel for the co-worker with the vegetables. DS1 is vegetarian which is a bit easier to cater for but still restrictive in some ways. He always has a problem on airlines even though he requests special meals. And one place we went to had vegetarian soup cooked with chicken stock. Hello - since when has chicken stock been a vegetable???
As for being behind at work and at home, well join the club. No matter how much I try I don't seem to be able to stick to my timetable at the moment. However, I am keeping up with the basics - gym, basic housework, rest - so I'll not complain to much yet. I must be getting over the tiredness that plagued me after Weipa as I am having less daytime rest and therefore achieving a lot more than I was. Just take it one step at a time and try to finish one job before you start the next. You will cope I'm sure.

Roseblush - very happy for you. You deserve to be cosseted and spoilt. How do the boys feel about this or haven't you said anything yet? Not that it is any of their business really, but it is nice to have their blessings once in a while.
Could you access the link to see our new home? It's your kind of country really.

Maybe you will be able to access this link to a webshots picture of the Ben Ohau Range right smack bang in the middle of MacKenzie Country.

http://www.webshots.com/g/32/38101-sh/52600.html

I'll check it myself in a minute to see if it works. Well it did for me. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if it is right way up or upside down that photo.

Okay, coffees gone. Gym calls. The sun is back so I had better get on with the day. This downtime/ holiday is moving on all too fast. Oh how I wish I was rich instead of beautiful and didn't have to work at all!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #35  
Happy September

THANKS TO MEADOW I FOUND MY FAVORITE POEM FOR AUTUMN!!!

A Vagabond Song
By Bliss Carman
1861-1929

There is something in the autumn that is native to my blood --
Touch of manner, hint of mood;
And my heart is like a rhyme,
With the yellow and the purple and the crimson keeping time.

The scarlet of the maples can shake me like a cry
Of bugles going by.
And my lonely spirit thrills
To see the frosty asters like a smoke upon the hills.

There is something in October sets the gypsy blood astir;
We must rise and follow her,
When from every hill of flame
She calls and calls each vagabond by name.

**Shad has forgotten all about her yankee sister boo hoo

Suzi~ I cannot wait to see your birthday! Will you get a black cat on friday the 13th???
I am loving all these birthdays this month and next after you is Mrs Madcat! Hope you will enjopy your birthday week!! or month?!?! roflmao
Old 10-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #36  
Suzi in Auz

oh ...I see some lights on! to Happy :wave to Mel ...before you dissapear!!! Have wonderful days, I will post before I read!
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #37  
Suzi in Auz

I love it when birthday weeks go on and on!
It's been a real joy having my friend here. There really is nothing like it. She is such great company. I am enjoying the special moments.
The kids are obliging too. It's a little harder when Mom has a visitor, although they adore My friend. DD sometimes needs a little organising or sidetracking.
DD and DS14 went to "monster house" yesterday while my friend and I went to the Mall and had a great look around. They enjoyed the movie very much and then went birthday shopping for moi!

Today we might go into the city or the fresh farmers markets at Bondi, they are worth a look, they have lovely organic coffee too YUM!

The weather is warming up today it is supposed to be 27 C, tomorrow is 29, 31 for my birthday and 31 for Saturday, lovely temps, then down to 21 again. These weather patterns are weird.

I have gymmed this morning, having a bit of a fight with the scales, I hoped on this morning because i "felt" lighter, they didn't tell me I was...hmmm.
I will wait until I can get into things full swing after birthday celebrations are over! I love the idea of Mels 6 week makeover. i am looking forward to reading progress.

Nae! That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you
That feeling is really "some kinda wonderful" ..the little break will be good to clear the head and help the heart grow fonder. I am so happy for you

Shad..when do you start work? How is that garden looking? I have decided to stick with pots as mine is looking decidedly sad we are almost on level 4 which means no water outside! It's a shame. This time of year is lovely though with the bright mornings and the coolness, I do love it.

Mel. it's great to have that clean out. I hope you are replacing those silky Pjs with some lovely snuggly ones! I felt for you and your friend. It's so nice that he come to you for comfort! very special. Enjoy your day!

Holly, hope the ankle improves
CJ Your corner of the world sounds lovely. I love the idea of it all and would love too see it one day....i will
Happy...nice to have a change of scenery, it's as good as a rest. Now don't work too hard! I love the 13th. It's never been spooky or unlucky for me. I was talking to my local grocer the other day and told him it was my birthday on Friday...he said ohhh frieday the 13th. I said YES it's my lucky #. He said it would have to be if you were born on that day.....nice! made me feel a warm fuzzy!

Ok , the shower calls as I am starting to smell myself
Love to all and have a special day
Suz

Last edited by suzi in auz; 10-10-2006 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #38  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Did not forget you either - so there. You weren't there when I wrote my bit and then I thought I would come back later to deal with you. Now I wonder if I should!!!!

Been to gym. Last time this week - yaaaahooo. Love the feeling of a time well done. Then I went out and bought a new scale - bmi, hydration, the lot. Now I am a bit worried about hopping on it. Cost a small fortune so it had better tell me the right things
Put petrol in the car. It's the cheapest it has been forever @ 99.9c per litre - I filled it right to the top - and since it is Wednesday and half price day, I gave it a wash in the spotless, touchless, waxing, watering washing machine. I'm good to go for a while now.

Speaking of going, I am outa here to carry on with the sanding and painting - hope to get the majority of the hall finished this week. There is one bit which is causing me a bit of angst and I'll have to cogitate on that.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #39  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Shad, through Webshots I looked up other folks pictures of McKenzie Country - wow -wow - WOW, what a gorgeous place. And such magnificent sunrise / sunsets. The kind of place where you realize just how tiny and insignificant we all are in the great relm of things. Fabulous choice for a new home! Thanks so much for selecting it.

A bit about those multi purpose scales - they might weight the pounds but don't trust too much the BMI and hydration. Extend your hand with fingers spread, pinch the loose skin on the top of your hand, if it snaps back quickly, you are properly hydrated. The BMI on my scale is about 8 points higher than if I use an Internet based tool. I wouldn't fuss with the bells and whistles, use the money to get a good, accurate scale. Just my 2 cents... You are forever sanding, I must have you come here - they do what they call the "popcorn" / rough finished ceilings as it is more expensive to smooth them out and fix all the imperfections. I hate these ceilings but I don't have the time, strength or interest in smoothing them out myself

Oh Suzi, I'm just a little bit jealous. Looks like you are having just the most wonderful week with your friend, shopping around. Even the children't activities seem fun.

Mel, as I read your note about silky pjs and slipping out of the chair, I realized that you can teach the rest of us alot about living life in a "different pair of shoes". I never would have made the connection about the troubles some fabrics cause. Myself I never liked those as I have a lot of static electricity in me (my "POWERful" personality ) and the silky stuff just made more static. In the winter I walk around here constantly getting zittttt zapped all the time. You were good to make someone else happy and I'm proud that you are trying to keep yourself out of the worst of the ordeals at the building.

Happy to hear your dates are going well Nae. Fields of snow - that's exactly what I was thinking CeeJay. And the leaves of the cotton bush look sort of maroon colored giving it a bit of a deep colored glow. Just magnificent - and yes Mel, I was singing "When I was a little bitty baby my momma would rock me in the cradle, in those old cotton fields back home... " And I was wondering, how does cotton get rotten as the song goes?

Hope you feel better Holly - the colds are running around here too. The guy that gave us the plant tour was sick, kept coughing and apoligizing. I kept washing my hands and could feel those cold germs just trying to get in my innards

What color is the new car Madcat? Will you have to fight for a parking spot each day or can you easily park in your building?

Time for me to run. I started working early at 6:30 from home. Have to run to get to the other office to make a 10am meeting. Have a good one.

Oh and we have a pond with walking trails in the other office I'm at this week. I did go for a lunch time walk.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-11-2006 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spellin airrurhs
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #40  
Suzi in Auz

Oh mel I am such a dizz, sometimes I don't read all the way through. I didn't realise you gave away the PJs because they were slippery! WOW YOu feel out! How awful! Yes happy is right, so right. I still hope you found some nice snuggly ones. I LOVE PJ's and could live in mine all day. PJ days all days are the best!

Ok I have Gymmed this morning and feeling strong. This time around is the only time I have truly been consistent with weights. I know it is making a difference. I find the floor stuff hard but love the early morning talk with DH.
He is home today and tomorrow for birthday stuff! It's so nice .

Ok today is the start of the activities. I am off to have lunch with some friends this morning at a lovely place called the Tea house. It's set in a place called the Cmaelia gardens and is really nice. One of my friends works there and is going to do the table all nicely for me. She is a dear. I thought this was a way to get around my friends and people I don't know too well.
It will be nice, kids are coming and there are plenty of places for them to wander around. I think I might have under booked. We will see how it goes. I am sure we can squeeze in extras. I hate organising stuff for me....

Ok DS is hanging out for a little look at the computer so must fly. I hope you all have wonderful days. One more sleep until I'm 40!
Suz
Old 10-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #41  
Smackin' into a Wall

Evening ladies!

Happy ~ I can't imagine how a vegan would survive in the South. The new car is cute and black. We considered the bright blue but it was a bit "Crayola". We had an underground parking spot when we first moved in and I never gave it up even though it meant paying for it and not using it. Parking spaces are like gold in this neighbourhood. As for cotton, doesn't it rot if it gets wet? Of course, everything I know about cotton I learned from Gone with the Wind. Enjoy your lunchtime walk!

Ceejay ~ Like snow? Very poetic.

Nae~ Enjoy this exciting early dating time. How nice you have found someone interesting to play with.

Holly~ Glad you are feeling better. Look after that ankle.

Mel~ Poor Willy. I can imagine it must be hard to have to go through something that that twice. Nice of you to take spend time with him and make him feel better. for you too Mel. Bad memories are just memories. Good luck on the start of your 6 week BMO. Go girl!! A beautiful poem. Made me misty.

Shad ~ Oh you had rain! How lovely. Oh, I hadn't thought of a helicopter ride. DH and I did one in Vegas for his b-day last year. I loved it. If the weather is half decent we will maybe do the Maid of the Mist. It is a pretty astounding area – even if a bit cheesy and touristy at times. You seem to be making the most of your time off. I'm glad you have this break and that you are slowly leaving the dust and cobwebs of Weipa behind. The link worked fine for me (ssoooo pretty). Hmm, I was actually hopping that the ride down the mountain would be road rather than trail. I think we'd need to train a bit more before we tried trails down the mountain… but we could do it. Hey, I just did the conversion between Canadian and Aussie $$$ and your gas is about the same price as ours. It's averaging about .84/litre here.

Suzi~ Yeah, Suzi! Enjoy that birthday week. Suck all the juice out of the celebration that you can. Even if you can try to maintain this week and then get back on the scales and back in the game next week. Oh man, you are going to LOVE your 40s. So much more fun than the 30s. Trust me.

I am actually going down to the Niagara region both this weekend and next. This Saturday is the annual the Friends Do a Wine Tour. Next weekend is my birthday weekend at the Falls.

Gymmed this morning and did weights for the first time in about 3 weeks. Felt good. I feel as if I might have gotten a click as far as the gym goes. Now I just have to get the eating thing happening. What can I have for lunch that isn't salad? The weather is getting cooler so I want something a bit more fall-y. I think I've lost the weight I gains in NYC though… so that's a start.

Last edited by Madcat; 10-11-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:25 AM   #42  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Brrrr it's cold. Our Canadian friends have sent down some of their lovely (not) brisk air. Take it back, TAKE IT BACK It's cold all the way down here, 2/3 of the length of the country away from the Canadian border. Will be stepping lively today

I fear for one little hummer that refuses to leave the yard. He should have been long gone to Mexico or South America by now. He still comes everyday to feed. Told DH that perhaps we should take the feeders down to encourage him to leave. By now there's nothing much in the way of nectar flowers to sustain him either. I would think strong instincts would have sent him packing - perhaps he is a lazy child that refuses to leave home It got near freezing overnight and is supposed to be the same tomorrow. If it rains (and it's supposed to) it will just add to the misery. Seems like the little birds much prefer the warmer temps.

I have crossed over and now am officially angry with the beauty salon. I have called twice - left a message on the answering machine Sunday and called yesterday. Found out the hairdresser is working all days this week and has not returned my call. I just left a simple message that I was a client and wanted to talk to her about my hair appointment last Saturday. I was willing at first to just discuss this and point out that you shouldn't treat a client this way. Now I'm stewing and I don't think I should pay for this at all. Didn't pay to get a burnt head. DH said I should call the credit card company and stop payment. I was trying in good faith to give them a chance. Today I will call and ask to speak to the salon owner. It's really sad how badly customer service has become.

Madcat, ah the underground good as gold parking spot I know them well. Seems like the parking situation is like that in most big cities. You were wise to keep your spot, even if you didn't have a car. When I lived in the city in Chicago, people would actually rent their covered parking spots or rent the nearby garages. Funny you should say that about the crayola color. I was sitting at a stop light just yesterday and noticed that they are coming back with brighter colors again - bronzes and aquas and even a sea foam green. I was thinking hmmm that's a cool color but would I want to live with a non traditional color 5 years from now? Black is never a bad choice. Enjoy your new little beauty.

Suzi, so how did lunch in the gardens turn out? Did you eat outside?

You ladies down under (Suzi and Shad) and even above (Madcat) are kicking our sorry butts on the gym thing. I made sure I took a lunchtime walk yesterday too. Lots of people were walking the pond. Today I am at the Towers so we'll be doing the stairwells. Have to remember to dress in a warm sweater jacket I can take off while pounding the stairs.

Mel, I'm sorry poor Willie is having slips of deja vu. I suppose it will always haunt him. You have to reassure him so that he doesn't get the heebie jeebies and run off on you. Sounds like a good man with a big heart.

Time to go rummage the closet and find my snuggies (warm clothes). Just the other week I brought down some of my warmer sweaters and such. I have some with autumn leaf appliques - don't get the chance to wear them much here as most of the time it's too warm for northern winter clothes. So I'll take my chance when I get it.

Have a good one...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 AM   #43  
Happy September

Question Meadow!!! Pw!!! Tig!!! Carla!!!! Teel!!! Linus!!!

WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE?

Staying to myself today and taking this lovely rainy day off. After ESCAPING the office I made a chili-like soup. I was given a Weight Watcher's recipe last year. Not bad and I used less spices of course. It seemed a good idea with the rain coming in for a few days. I cannot wait for the 13th to come and go. It seems that everyone is nuts with the full moon having just passed Everyone upset with the plane crash....let's not even go there.
<---this is a good imitation of me by day's end.
Maybe catching up with some magazine reading and a cup o'cammomile tea is in order.
Happy Thursday

Madcat~ the trip and winery sound great. Perfect timing....I need a vacation
"If the cotton balls get rotten you can't pick very much cotton ....in them old cotton fields back home....la la la
All I know of cotton I learned from that song
Jen's first new car was black too!
NYC can be very fattening!!! Soooo many places with good foods to eat. And all over town. Good exercising!!
I want Fall foods too...ergo the soup!!

Happy~There was a time when I flew like the wind to answer an office call. I had on the Le Chute material outfit that was oh so popular at the time. The control of the chair decided to get a short in it and turn itself off. Well.....I was still in motinn so I flew like a bird about another 20 feet down the hall. While hiting every shoulder, elbow, knee and hip...I ended up infront of the elevator doors. I pushed the button and 2 Hispanic men were in it. Too old to lift me, I sent then to the office. Thank God I know a few words of Spanish. I was so slippery that the ambulance drivers had a hard time picking me up and dropped me 3 times before they got me back into my chair!!! I laugh about it now but at the time.....well you can imagine.
I have lots of other stories. Me too with the zit zaps during winter...We're just clingy kinda girls

Shad~ continues to sand away! No wonder the scale is not a friend....you keep adding muscles to it!!!
The card was lovely (a real keeper) and you are very welcomed. Your birthday came and went so quickly it was like a blur. Hope you raise your glass to yourself also, face the west and we'll toast your special day!!! tell me what time and I'll do the same....eastward!

Suzi~ You are having the week of a lifetime!
So glad you're enjoying it all. The outing sounds wonderful and I am sure everyone will have a great day. I on the otherhand, I usually OVERBOOK!! The main thing is to just have fun.

Ceejay~

Holly~
Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #44  
Happy September

;hug: Oh Happy I am so very sorry about the hairdo. I meant to write about it to you and ask if anything was resolved. Hope you get the manager and get it off your chest. Sending more We;re still having some warmis weather...I'll send some your way if nit comes again!!
and I won't even yell at you to get to work!!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #45  

I may be wrong, but I think it's already time to wish Suzi
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
(what with the time difference and all.)

Ah, to be 40 again! I did enjoy my 40's, learned to run, went hiking, got married to a (I thought) wonderful man... I'm with you on the drawn-out celebrating as well. Most years I manage to enjoy my birthday month instead of just the day.

This year I'm in Vancouver (flew in last night). Serendipidity has stepped in, and my very good friend from San Francisco will be in town tomorrow night (one night only) and has promised me pizza, cake, and champagne! And I don't need to be at work the next day until 2 pm, another gift. A darned nice way for this battered birthday babe to feel special.

Happy, I am so with you on the hairdresser issue. I'm mad at my regular too. Last cut she was too busy chatting with the delivery man, the assistant, whoever, to hear me telling her what I wanted her to do. She kept snipping and snipping away, and got very impatient - even agressive - when I tried to tell her she was cutting too much. Sad to say, my hormones get me all weepy when I'm annoyed, and instead of telling her how angry I was I just used all my energy trying not to cry. Long story short, I left with a so-so hybrid cut, not what I wanted, vowing never to go back, even tho she did leave a phone message saying she might have been a little impatient... Since then I've tried one other stylist, unsuccessfully. Maybe I'll just have to learn to like looking like I cut my hair with nail scissors (which I actually did, a bit, on the sides where the rogue wave was threatening to become a tsunami...) Still too stubborn and weepy to go back to the regular one who is actually quite good on the rare times she's not on automatic pilot. At least you have the option of talking about it to the owner (mine is the owner). Although the singed scalp must be itchy and awful, not to mention how hard that must have been on the hair itself. Time to call Judge Judy!

Mel, you are so funny, you always make me smile with your stories and smilies. I thought of you yesterday,what with the idiot who flew into that high-rise (oops!). Thank goodness no one in the building was injured, but what a scare for everyone. As for the slippery jammies, maybe you could have little heart-shaped pieces of velcro sewn onto the chair cushion and the seat of all your clothes? No? Hmmm... the heart-shaped dent you'd end up with in the "end" might not be too comfortable. Oh well, another brilliant idea down the drain. Good on ya' for finding a new home for the nice jammies. I'm so glad you've resolved your connection problems and that you're past that nasty bout with your eyes.

Yay! Shad has a new job she's happy about, where Sunday can go with, and where she'll save up piles and piles of lovely lolly for her trip to this part of the world. I'm always so amazed to read about your sanding and painting. Don't know where you get your energy, and can only imagine that elves go into your home at night to mess things up so you won't run out of projects. Two days ago I installed a ceiling lamp. It took me three hours and a bucket of perspiration to do, followed by a lengthy cooldown/recovery period. Good old menopause - I can't wait for the day I can "do" anything without breaking into a flop sweat. (HRT doesn't seem to help, although it is giving me some lovely brown patches on my skin.) Not that there aren't amusing moments: on Tuesday I realised, after delivering the cats to the sitter but before rushing to the airport by cab, that my flight was not until Wed. Then the lamp install, which took me just long enough that the hardware store I rushed to (post-cooldown) to buy the special lightbulbs it required had just closed. Undaunted, I continued driving many more miles to a big box store where I discovered I hadn't brought the bulb specs with me. Undeterred, bought what looked like the right ones, carefully saving the receipt just in case... Wrong bulbs, of course, receipt stolen by pixies. Wed morning, up early and off to the closer hardware store in a torrential downpour. Now I have even more wrong (but different) bulbs - they fit in the socket but are too long and show below the shades. This is all irrelevant, of course, because all I had to do was borrow some slightly lower wattage bulbs from another lamp I never use, and which I swear did not fit the first time I tried them.

Madcat, Holly, Ceejay - for now I'll just say hi :ave: as I've been composing on-line for ages and have a bad feeling that this post will disappear if I don't post soon.

Carla

Last edited by carla49; 10-12-2006 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Trying for a larger font to save Mel's eyes - don't know if it worked...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote