Old 12-01-2006, 12:06 AM   #361  
Suzi in Auz

Ok time to post...the website has sat open here for about 2 hours and I am finally ready to post. What I thought was going to be a relatively quiet day has actually ended up busy so this is good. I have had loads to do and lots of catch up with people around here at work. I actually think they missed me

Started the day well at the gym with RPM. It was a good spin class and I feel good for it. Also hopped on the scales at the Gym, they haven't been kind to me lately but were today ....yaaay. I looks like they might be going back down, still not able to get down beyond the 155. I am trying hard.

My colleague just got out of her session with and so I have to dash into the office to finish filing.

will post and come back...toodles
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:10 AM   #362  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Suzi,
I see your little egg aglow. Good going on the scale victory!!!

The plateaus can be very frustrating - don't let them get the better of you. Tweek the routine a bit. Sometimes adding just a few more calories gets things to nudge a bit. Want to join me in a yoghurt?

Ok, I'd better get to sleep - will catch up in the morning.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #363  
Radiate self!

Its here! The first day of December, now all the fun begins
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #364  
Suzi in Auz

2nd here now meadow and it has been a scorcher. I guess that is what comes with the first day of summer. It has certainly hit us.

Hi happy ...thanks for the encouragement. Yes I do believe that life is full of plateaus. Hopefully this one has gone for a while. i will try and stick with the healthy eating regime. Yes I will join you in that yoghurt. It sounds perfect!

Meadow thank you for the lovely pic this morning. YOur day sounds cold!
I like the idea of the games for Christmas. I am racking my brains this time around. I think the kids have had a bit of an overload of "stuff" I so want to keep things simple as well as the credit card is fully stretched. I am starting to freak out! Yes busy isn't the word tonight was mad. It will be nice to have a little repreave tomorrow in the city. I found some shoes and so I am a happy camper. It means I don't need to brave the shops at all! They are just mad at the moment.

Madcat hope you had a lovely sleep and are feeling refreshed. I had a good giggle too. I am up far too late but DH isn't home yet from a night on the town and I can't sleep it's too hot.

Teel it's great to see you. Sorry to hear of your troubles with the car how annoying, it's a shame that you can't trust people anymore but I suppose if someone thinks they can get away with it they will try their darndest. I hope your D and V's have disappeared. Poor you

Ceejay Pj day sounds perfect! how nice that you were able to do that. I do hope your computer troubles go away. How is your nephew doing?

Shad hello up there. I bet it is nice to be home for a bit. I hope you don't have too much to do and can just relax a bit. YOu deserve it. YOur year has been so full.
Mel hello lady of the empty head Hope you are feeling better. I finished ( well almost) finished my decorations on Wednesday with DD, we had Christmas carols blazing and it was just lovely. The house is twinkling but I do have some lights outside that are stubborn and won't stay up. I get a little freaked out about putting up lights. I love the end result but am not too good in the practice. I am a little like that with so many things.

Carla you can come and look after my diet and exercise routine anytime. I am a whizz at lazer tag! You should put that on your resume. Personal trainer for cats!

Ok i better try and get some sleep. Must look beautiful for tomorrow ( or should I say today!)
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #365  
Choose your hard

Suzi - go to sleep now!!!!! I'm shocked to see you up at this time. Now scoot, I'll try and send some frigid air your way to cool you down.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #366  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Meadow says it's official so let's break out the Christmas Spirits!!!

I can just hear Andy Williams singing...............

It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle-belling
And everyone telling you
Be of good cheer

It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings
And great happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap-happiest season of all

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for roasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories
Of Christmases long, long ago

There'll be much mistletoe-ing
And hearts will be glowing
When loved ones are near

Not nice out at all but mild nonetheless. Tonite should begin our more wintry weather. It was gorgeous out yesterday. I was out talking with the guys and didn't even have socks on! people were walking around in light clothing and NO jackets!! I have been loving this gift from Mother Nature. She was very generous this year.
Feeling 100% better today and I am taking the entire weekend again just for me. Maybe even get the tree out Off to breakfast...I'll join Happy with yogurt and some granola in it.

Happy~ Don't make me come down there and cause then Shad wil be after me again. We'll have some yougurt with water chasers instead! I have been watching the snowstorms in the midwest. UNREAL!!! Never saw so much snow in Oaklahoma!! Better watch out or you guys will be next. Last year I think there was more snow in the south than in NJ!!!

Meadow~ YAY!!! DECEMBER!!! Love the nailpolish!!
Very trendy. Poor hubby's grass. Better the grass than lamp posts, mailboxes etc. Those plow drivers need lessons on safe driving I am like that cat on the post waiting for the first flake of the season. I think Suzanne should use your Christmassy Chick for a logo during the holidays. Too cute!! I was singing the above song for the last 2 weeks but marshmallow world will be stuck in my head now.

Ceejay~ I was still in my PJs by bedtime! Guess we will all be turning up the heat now. Her comes Mister Winter! Stay warm!!

Suzi~ Good luck with the scale and hope it keeps moving for you!!! (wish I was stuck in the 150's!!!) Your persistence with the exercise will get you where you want to go.

Shad~ don't forget to bring all your tools back to mthe new apartment.....you might need them before this job is over

Madcat~ Too bad about the anal retentive bosses. But we will keep you in out thoughts till you are well rested and get into the groove of this new job.
Rest is very important right now with the flu season som nearby. take good care

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-01-2006 at 08:41 AM. Reason: BECAUSE I MISSED MADCAT'S POST!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #367  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Morning all,

I'm glad to see that we have got our act together and are eating yoghurt and drinking water again. I am daily reminded of that stupid ad on TV - "Don't make me come back there!!!' - when the kids in the back seat are misbehaving.

My poor garden is so dry. I think I have lost several plants. The roses are struggling and the pots look somewhat sick. I broke the law last night and went out and gave them the best water they have had in months. Shhhh don't tell anyone.

Miss Happy - your lack of water is not on my conscience. It should be on yours : . I have enough problems with my own conscience with my lack of water! It's was so hot yesterday that drinking was no problem. Unfortunately it wasn't always water!!

Madcat - the stress of a new job is always so tiring. Rest now, join in and play when you can (Might be better to wait until the kids have settled, then we can have a great conversation - they are eating their yoghurt right now). Do you have to read all those rotten blueprints and company rules and bylaws before you get access to the system. That's the most tiring thing of all. I know that feeling.

Suzi - I can understand the unable to sleep syndrome. It was so hot yesterday - difficult to know where to put yourself - until your favourite tv program comes on, then it is easy to sleep all the way through it in a chair. I was trying to watching the last Prime Suspect last night and seemed to drift off every so often. Still haven't figured out who done it!
Congatulations on the scale movement DOWN. Wish mine would move somewhat.

Mel - Went to the shop yesterday to figure out something for my dinner. They were playing Christmas Carols. Yuk, I thought. Cynical Shad started rewording the songs with spending words. Really puts me off shopping, I can tell you.

Meadow - nice graphics as usual. Yeah - we are into December already. Times a movin' on. Sorry for the DH's grass.

It may be time to start a new thread. We are getting up there with 25 pages and that seems to be the operative number for many of us. Ceejay is having posting problems already.

Went to the gym yesterday and did weight and resistance training. My upper body is somewhat stiff today - but I hope it has moved something, but I ain't holding my breath. Today I will have to look for some Christmas presents, write the Christmas Letter and post some cards. Ooooh no............. I have no idea what to get anyone - this should be fun! NOT

Time to go get on with the day - things to do, people to see. The DS2 will be round later, as will DB2 and I need to send out some photos of the family do. Actually I haven't put any on here yet have I? - well lets see if I can fix that.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm disappointed--no snow. My sis in Missouri said they had 3 inches on the ground and was expecting up to 12 inches before it was all over. Sister in Dallas even had some snow. Waaaaaaaah.

My nephew is still in some pain because some of the skin graphs has sloughed off his back. In other words they didn't take. My sister said that it will take his back up to 18 months to completely heal. This doesn't mean that he will be off work this long though. Keep him in you prayers and thought.

I'm in the Christmas spirit. This is unusual for me. I've begun to decorate today.

Last week my throat was sore and this week I'm coughing a deep cough. Guess I should have gone to the doctor today. I can now feel it in the upper part of my chest. Think my aunt was more contagious than she thought. My sis in Dallas also has it.

Mel- is singing Christmas carols already. Yeah.

Happy-- Are you anjoying that yogurt? I've not been eating very healthy today. To be honest I"ve hardly eaten anything.

Meadow--Love the Christmas chick.

Suzi--Glad the scale is going down again.

Shad-You have a nice group.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #369  

Default Still loitering

Greetings....
I hope those of you who have had the crud the past few weeks are doing better. My oncologist gave me a "miracle drug" (it's actually an anti-inflammatory for arthritis) which has taken the pain from my joints so that I actually get to the gym several times a week. Yup, I joined Curves. I feel better physically. (And don't get winded so fast on walks, stairs, etc.) but there's been NO CHANGE at the scales. Arrrgh. Some clothes seem looser.
And of course there's that fun-house mirror effect happening whenever i get down and dirty (or honest) about my weight and my food intake... that is, somedays I look thin and somedays I look fat, even if it is the same outfit and the same tonnage. Go figure.

A cyber-friend in one of the other groups reported that her husband is missing and presumed drowned after a fishing trip Thanksgiving weekend. It was an alarm bell to me that you all matter to me, and I don't want to loose touch. Even though I've been horrible about checking in or posting, I have many fond associations with the Round-the-world flock and want to keep adding to them.

Warm regards to all.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #370  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - best take care of that cough before it turns into something that takes a long time to go away. I am glad we did NOT get any snow. Of course I can get my fill of the cold wet stuff at the end of the month when we go to Chicago. It just makes me shudder to think of navigating with people out here when there's slippery stuff on the ground. I did not enjoy my yoghurt as much as I should have. A bit of vanilla with some fresh strawberries, blueberries and banannas sounds just right.

Shad, that is a lovely picture of the family. What a nice rememberance from the party. Let me know when you have more (with captions I hope) on Webshots. Is the cutie in the blue shirt on the bottom row one of your sons? And being a fan of T-shirts with writing on them, do tell what the bloke in the back is trying to tell us! I feel so sorry for your poor roses. Poor Shad, sharing a drink of bottled water with her greenery. I don't understand these roses - so delicate yet in the frosty cold we have here 3 of them have just started blooming up a storm. One was particularly pretty yesterday with just a few accent drops of rain as it opened to full bloom. Both of us admired it from inside the kitchen window. Obviously dear Shad, you are missing the point of me and my buddy Mel - our intent is indeed to get you to come back OVER HERE in whatever means possible. Hey Meadow, do you have one smiley elbowing another in the ribs?

Speaking of you Meadow, I'm not sure what I am cooing more over -the adorable Christmas chick or the kitty in the snow. Loved them both and your bold nails sound pretty, pretty. I'm sporting bright red toes for the holidays. Of course they are covered up with warm socks, but I know they are there. I was inspired by your post. Stay warm, drink your water and spread some lovely moisturizer on that poor dry skin. Put a pot of water to boil on the stove (but don't leave it simmering on the stove and leave the house like I did )

You're right, this thread is getting long in the tooth, tho I will miss the sea. We'll have to go someplace holiday like for a short bit of time on this thread. We can move again in January and start the new year on a positive trend. I will have to think.

Ok Mel, I am still hearing Andy Williams sing in my head. All day now. Good thing I really like that song. Wasn't it just FABULOUS - this last bout of unseasonably warm weather? Loved it. What a gift as you say. Too bad it had to chill up quickly when the sun went down. I hope you got outside and enjoyed some of it. Is Jen decorating the lobby again? Be sure to send pictures.

Can you even believe it DECEMBER already? Man oh Maneschevitz, where does the time go? And if it flies so fast why aren't I retired yet?

Suzi, one of the hot new games this season is called 20 Questions. You think of an object or thing (it doesn't do too well with people) and it asks 20 questions. After 20 questions it guesses your thought. If wrong, it will ask 5 more questions and guess again. It's right about 80 percent of the time - it's all in how you answer the questions (choices are yes, no, sometimes or I don't know). When I say how you answer the questions, sometimes that's simply a matter of interpretation. For example - you might be thinking of a music CD and the question is "Does it bring joy to people?" well technically a CD doesn't bring joy (sometimes Simon brings Joy - get it, har har ) but I digress. So the CD itself doesn't bring joy but the music does. So you might answer no and that would throw it off on guessing an answer. Don't ask me how, it's artificial intelligence and if I could program that, I would be inviting you all to spend Christmas on my yacht in the tropics instead of just sending you a picture of a boat in a bathtub for the holidays. Anyway, it's a fun game and then have mini versions of it for inexpensive stocking stuffers. I picked up one of the games at a bookstore and everyone who's seen it has been fascinated by it. There's a web version of it too at www.20q.net - you'll have to type the website in so I don't violate the rules here. And for a little challenge on the website you can play it in Polish, French, Italian - any number of languages - EVEN CANADIAN - yah hey dere - or is that the U.P.?

Madcat, bummer on the no Internet at the office. I don't post much myself at work. We get a big giant red hand that scares your pants off the first time you see it. You see the hand, look up at the ceiling and expect a big net to snare you and drag you to the ceiling while the Internet police come after you. After a few red hands and seeing that you and your coworkers are safe, you relax a bit. Mostly we get it for streaming media and sometimes we get it with an imbedded advertisement on a web page such as here - not much you can do about that but just avoid it altogether. I do hope we won't loose you altogether - I love to read your perspective on things and I swear I will buy a user manual - no matter what the topic - if you write it. And if you publish it at the holidays, I'll buy enough for gifts for my friends. I picked up some note cards based on a book - Bitter With Baggage Seeks Same: The Life and Times of Some Chickens - it's really funny, check out the book online at your favorite online book store. I liked the cards so much I bought both books. (And I wonder why I can't retire earlier... )

Suzi - argggghhh - you said that horrid word RPM. My ears, my ears. Ack. Oh wait, you didn't mean THAT RPM, did you? Have fun in the city today.
Glad you found some comfy shoes to walk and walk and walk in. Extra exercise is good in any form!

Some healing thoughts and prayers to Ceejay's nephew and Tig's DD. Speedy recovery

Toasting you Carla with a bottle of water. Care to join me? ** Salute** clink, clink.

Ok, I HAVE to go read more of my bookclub selection. Looks like we are on for Tuesday. This is going to be a busy weekend cleaning and decorating.

Later chicks...
Old 12-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #371  
Choose your hard

Well hello Painter - just posted and there you are. OMG - that's so HORRIBLE about your friend. You are right - life is too precious to spend fretting. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. What med are you on if you don't mind me asking? I'm on Mobic in the morning and Lyrica in the evening - I hope it doesn't stress the liver too much but as you see - it's wonderful to move without the joint pain. You go you Curves girl!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #372  

Many pages of delightful reading caught up. Love you Chicks!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #373  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default We're Moving!!!

Changed threads - we are off to visit Santa - click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...12#post1486812 to go to the new thread.

Do not use this thread anymore

Last edited by Shad; 12-01-2006 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Trying to get this lot to understand we've moved!!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote