Old 11-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #301  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default First Let Me Say..............

Happy Thanksgiving

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY. STAY SAFE TRAVELING AND DON'T EAT TOO MUCH!!! ROFLMAO

LOTS OF DRAMA GOING ON. MAINLY IN THE OFFICE. A MAN WHO FELL OUT OF HIS SCOOTER IN THE BUS HAS BEEN BANNED FROM RIDING IT. I GOT HIM AN APPT FOR MONDAY AND A NEW SCOOTER RE-EVALUATION SO HE CAN RIDE AGAIN SAFELY. LET US HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT. MANY POLITICOS ARE PISSED.
SQUEEZED IN FOOD SHOPPING BUT I NEED TO GO BACK FOR A FEW ITEMS. MY MIND REALLY WASN'T ON MY LIST THIS MORNING. JEN MIGHT GO INSTEAD. THE 3 OF US WILL BE TOGETHER THIS YEAR.... ALONE AND QUIET. WE PLAN ON LOTS OF R&R AND TURNED OFF PHONES!!
TOMORROW I WILL BE FILLING IN AT THE OFFICE AND SPENDING A LITTLE QUALITY TIME WITH A FRIEND. ONE OF THE WOMEN WILL BE OUT. jEN AND RICHIE WANT TO BEGIN THE FESTIVITIES TOMORROW AFTER THE OFFICE CLOSES. SO I WANTED TO SAY A HELLO AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TODAY. LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL OF YOU BOTH HERE AND HIDING IN THE WOODWORK. YOU MIGHT BE GONE BUT ARE DEFINITELY NOT FORGOTTEN~ LOVE, MEL

Shad~ I'll drop an e-mail over the weekend.

Ceejay~ There was snow in West Virginia!! someone sent a photo!! we haven't had frost yet! Safe travels my friend!! Enjoy!

Happy~ Has the DH learned Love me tender by heart now Let me know when he gets to Frank sinatra or one of the brat pack guys friends.

suzi~ and hope you are feeling more sociable by now!! do something special for yourself!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #302  

Oh my nerves. I got to the school to pick up DD for the dentist and DS’s teacher was coming out of the office all cover in blood. My dear( clumsy) son was running up to the school door with a friend and they bounced off of each other and DS ran head first into the corner of the school building. He has a split on his forehead. Of course, lots of blood with a head injury. He was sitting with ice on it, so brave. Once we got outside he cried really hard. It really hurts. It is about a 1/2 inch long and not too deep. We took DD to the dentist and he just rested with me. He really doesn’t want to go to the hospital for a stitch( he is more upset about getting stitches than being hurt) so we stopped at the pharmacy and I will doctor him up with steri tape. He will have a scar one way or another. I am just having a tea and fortifying myself. He is not good at letting me help him but we have discussed the options. Hopefully he will let me clean it and pull it together and tape it.

sigh

and later....Thank goodness I work from home and am never not too far away. It balances out the days where I feel terrible about choosing to be home for and with my kids and consequently poor and afraid we wont be able to provide or lose our home etc.Suppose the financial struggles are well worth being present.

Ds screamed in sheer terror and gagged and dry heaved but persevered. The wound is well cleaned and he is taped up.

He would like me to be home tonight( and I want to too) so I will try and change my appt.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #303  
Suzi in Auz

I must remember not to try and post when it is really busy here. Busy is a good thing though.
I am in much better spirits this morning. I got myself down in the dumps yesterday but have pulled myself out of it today. DH came home last night after 2 days away and we went out for a quick dinner, itwas nice but a little rish in my tummy after being really good all week. I must remember to not let my eyes do the ordering...i do love food.

It's hump day today and I have never been one to count down to friday but I am this week. I will be able to get myself organised for my next set of visitors.
It's so extremely HOT here in Sydney today 38 degrees ( 100 F) and is said to climb higher. That is HOT for Sydney this time of year. Mother nature isn't liking it with bush fires arising everywhere. This morning the sun rise was perfect a beautiful RED sun but this is because of the fires burning. Hopefully the winds will remain at bay. The poor fire fighters and families involved.
We are in for a LONG HOT SUMMER which unfortunately means fires here in Aus.
I can't believe it's 12 oclock...where has the morning gone?

HOLLY that is awful news about your DS. It's funny how those things can crop up when you arrive at the schhol, it's almost as if our kids know. Poor little thing I hope he is recovering well. No stitches. The thought makes me cringe too. Youa re right about being available ...it is so nice that you are.

MEL Thanks for the thoughts. I do feel better today. Good on you sticking up for the poor man and the scooter. He needs someone like you around....poor thing. Perhaps he needs to wear L plates on the front.
I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving too. Enjoy the time with the family and the lovely long weekend.

I must mention. I just received a call from one of my volunteers seeing if I am ok...what a dear person.

I think I am off to brave this heat and find some lunch.

Hello to shad...hope all is well and you are not melting too much. I have 4 hours to go and then it's a swim in the pool

Much love to everyone and enjoy your families.
Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #304  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Suzi - it's not bad here in Tville actually. Just a couple of hot hot days so far. Think I can cope with it so far. But it is really bad all around the countryside. We've had some big blazes north of Brisbane as well. Everything is soooooo dry!
I will PM my address soon. You need to send me yours as well, however I do not guarantee to get anything anywhere before Christmas. Oh lordy, now I've said that word!
Hope DH's sinus problems are now going away, but I fear they won't be. It will get dryer and hotter as summer comes in. We haven't actually got there yet remember. This is spring.
Suz, I was reading your post about the sons in school. Such a shame we have to put up with this bullying and delinquency. As for DS14, generally this happens to bright children who get bored easily. DS2 was a constant source of irritation in his last years at school. Couldn't keep out of trouble, couldn't stop talking in class, couldn't finish assignments or homework etc. Very hard to deal with. All he wanted was to leave school. Later we found out that he has a very high IQ and is quick on the uptake, hence bored with explanations of process and theory.

Madcat - I would love to have the tfG airmailed to Antartica, or Mars or maybe even the frozen wastes of Canada, but know doubt he would lose his way and end up in my patch again very soon.

To go back again to my notes:

Carla - sorry to hear about the nosebleeds. The ex used to get them. Mind you he moaned and groaned about the state of his nose - can't breathe properly - all swollen in there etc..... yeah well things do tend to swell if you keep picking at them and don't use medication to relief the sinus or whatever or you stick things up 'em or in 'em which should never go in there. The same goes for the ears!!!!! Enough - between Carla's ex, my ex, Mel's ex the whole world is completely stuffed!!!!!
The tampon thing is just too much. I will bear this info in mind but refrain from comment about flossing or fashion statements.
New car for Carla as well!! Life just gets better and better. Hope you've managed to sell the old one by now.
Yes Sunday the cat is with the DS2. They are settling in together sort of..... Party organisation is fine. Prime Minister - well I think not. I'm the logical sort who can remember what they said about certain subjects twelve months ago instead of conveniently forgetting (instant and short term Alzheimers!) Mind you I would also need a speech writer who could take my ideas and mould them into the sort of words people like to hear eg. Rip up the credit card, live within your means, did you make those phone calls which got your phone bill to $2,000,000 for the month - then you are responsible, not the phone company. If you did the crime, then you will do the time, three strikes and you are out, real life is not lived on the Young and the Restless, welcome to the real world! People would not love me for long I can tell you. I'm better at renovating the condo!!!

Roseblush - glad to hear that you are still enjoying life with new company. It is always hard to lose weight when you are not sleeping well. I find there are four things to get right in order to lose weight - sleep, food, water, exercise. Any one of those gets out of kilter and that's it. It gets harder too as you get older. Life just gets more interesting hey

Holly - good to read that you are not resting on the poverty line anymore. It's always a bonus - however sometimes one misses out (just) on some of the govt handouts because they are just to rich!!! I remember well that the boys could not get Austudy because we were too rich - hang on a minute, there was only one wage earner - me - and we had two old bangers of cars which guzzled petrol and broke down repeatedly - how come we were too rich!!!!

Ceejay - hope that nephew gets better soon (again) and do be careful moving those drums around - it is so easy to do damage even if you think you are fit.

Mel - quote here 'haven't heard anymore from Shad so I can safely assume that she has not hurt the twit from Groote (henceforth known as the tfG). No I haven't. I won't, I will ignore to the best of my ability. If it gets too much I will simply walk away - yeah right! I have a week more before he gets here. If he gets here. He will turn right or left somewhere and get lost - bet on it.

And that seems to be me caught up with the times and events - at least up to the last weekend.

I'm sitting in my wee cubby hole/ space eating my lunch - toasted avocado, prawn and tomato sandwich on wholemeal - yes it was nice, thank you for asking. I'm about to drink my coffee and dive back into the joys of PM - yep PM. It's scoping has landed on my plate as well. We need to know what the scope for training is - even tho' the powers that be tell us that they are up to date with all the training and have already gone more or less to the new way of doing things. Yep right. Bet the users don't always think that!!! And there will be something that doesn't hit the radar until the last possible moment.

Had an interesting time in my unit yesterday. Got in to find the cleaner had been there. Goodo, but hey my bedside lamp (mine - I bought it specially) is missing. I rang the property management team and they tell me the cleaner broke it and brought it into the office to tell them about it. Why no note left in the unit???? No answer. After that phone call, I discover the doors leading to the balcony are wide open - no security here, and all the little red stickers stuck on the wall to show the damage caused by previous tenants are now all gone. Well excuse me! I am not paying for damage not caused by me! So I have written to our administrator who sorts out the accommodation and she is taking it up from there. Lucky I usually take my valuables with me hey!!

Anyway better go get on with the scope and sorting of PM, PP, PI, QM and work on some ways to improve existing doco.

Have a good day
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:10 AM   #305  
Suzi in Auz

Hi Shad
Looks like it's just you and me, everyone else is getting turkeys ready!
Thank you for the PM...you have one waiting for you too

Everything at the moment is a real effort with the kids....just need to focus a little, perhaps when the visitors come I won't be so focussed and them and just enjoy.

I cannot comprehend that Christmas is upon us! I think with working solidly over the past 2 weeks I didn't realise how quickly it just snuck up on us. The shops are already getting crazy and I am starting to freak just a little.
I have a few things organised but have no idea about the actual "event" I guess I can talk this over with the visitors and see what they want to do.
I have had emails already from DB and SIL. I think they are quite happy to go about and do their own thing too. They are quite used to being independent and have talked about using the public transport system, which is really good here but I just don't use it because I LIKE my car. I am quite used to Sydney traffic now even though when I used to come over from NZ I thought it was herendous!
I have just realised this has been sitting here ready to post for ages. I thought I already did it.

poof! here goes.
talk tomorrow
Old 11-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #306  

Opposite weather from our friends down under. Not super cold tho just -3C but sunny. Delightful.
I have been having trouble waking up and staying awake before 7:30. Still gives us time to get ready for school but no time for ME to journal, enjoy my coffee etc. I read til midnight last night. I am not switching my brain off.

I puttered at filing and paper tiger stuff while AMA awards were on. I do love music. Enjoyable.
Once the kids are gone I need to shower, make some calls and then go to the school for 9:40 for the writing program and then I have an appt in the city at noon.
Hockey practise tonight.

Hopefully we wont have any injuries today.(see post from last night) DH told DS he was going to send him to school in a hockey helmet. This one was the worst of 4 head injuries so far this year.

Just home from 45 min of story writing assistance in DD’s class. Going to the city to sign up a rep and then home to pick up our shop kitten, Friendly, to take to the vet for shots and defleaing and then we will keep her in the house. Mama Cat was killed on the road and we gave away the other kittens. The kids adore this one but she is all alone out there in the shop. This will be the end of the shop cat era for us. There were 17 cats here when we moved in 7 years ago.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #307  

Morning all,

Just having my morning coffee after getting to work. I'd better make this sweet since the company doesn't actually pay me to muck around check my mail and stuff. But I do anyway.

Suzi - thanks for the pm. I'm going home in 2 weeks and will put it into the address book and hopefully get some cards and letters done over the 3 days. Some of the problems with schools today is that they don't cater for the non-academic students such as my DS2. He's a practical and realises the importance of reading, writing, arithmetic (at which he is at genius status) but doesn't want to do them. He learns best by doing things. His mother is also not a theory person.
We just have to keep loving them and hope that they will come round. Remember most of the worlds millionaires don't have a degree. It is a thought that keeps one sane at times.

Holly the amount of blood that comes from a cut to the head or the shins is amazing. Hope the healing is starting to take place for the little guy.

I've been quite good about exercise so far while I have been here. This morning I skipped the run/ walk and went swimming in the pool downstairs. I walked down the stairs and did 20 lengths of the pool and then walked back up the stairs again - all 96 of them. I should have good legs eventually (when I'm 95 no doubt) but at least I did the required exercise. Tomorrow will be back to walk/ run/ walk again. I need to check out a gym as well. Keep forgetting to do it.

My back which I hurt the first week that I was here is now fine. It really gave me gyp standing up and sitting down for some days but lots of stretching and more or less gentle exercise helped as did resting it by lying flat on the bed for periods of time.

Shopping tonight. I have to replace the lamp the cleaner broke and get another couple of bulbs. It's a pain, but I can combine it with my grocery shopping tonight I guess. Hope I get paid soon. The current account is getting a bit low. Still have bills to pay as well and I really don't want to break into the savings account any more than necessary.

Okay - hope all the others are okay and just cogitating as Meadow is and not sick or broken or anything silly.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #308  

Hello all, just a quick check-in from snowless Canada. This is a bit of a busy week - back at work, and I don't have access to internet except at home. I had intended to check in earlier, but was required to download Explorer 7 which took forever and for a while seemed to also block my access to the net. Something about needing to block add-ons, but I have no idea whether that would be a good idea... somehow sidestepped the problem, so here I am.

Holly, I think my theory about transmitting disease and whatnot via 3fc may be true - your poor DS's copious bleeding from his cut may have been cross-contamination from Mel's and my nosebleeds. It sounds like he was a brave soldier, and if it does scar, he'll probably be totally delighted about his manly look. I confess I've always found minor facial scars quite sexy. (So I'm a sicko. So sue me. )

Happy, I'm so so sorry to hear about your aunt's diagnosis. From what I've read, lung cancer is very hard to detect in the early stages, which I guess is why it's so hard to beat. I can't find the relevant post, and don't remember whether you had said anything about her prognosis, but I seem to remember it wasn't too favourable. My only brother died of liver cancer a few years ago, and I'm only glad that I took very good advice from friends and spent as much time with him as I could. It left me with some bittersweet memories that I would hate to have missed. So now I pass on that same advice to others.

Shad, good on you for keeping up the exercise! And I'm glad your back got better. The neck spasm you sent me is mostly gone now too, mainly thanks to a good old OTC muscle relaxant. I'm not back to exercise yet tho, as any exertion seems to start the nose again. I will get this seen to, but at the mo I just keep a ready supply of 1/2 tampons (strings off) on hand at all times. This week I'm pretty busy at work, and my AWOL doc isn't due to be back in the office until next week.
Has it occurred to you that the twit co-worker may in fact have sneaked into town ahead of schedule to break your lamp and remove all the little damage notes from your place? Think about it...
I was almost alarmed when I actually understood (I think) one of the acronyms in your list...

Ceejay, how's the nephew coming along? Is he home yet? Will he be able to finish his year at school? Sometimes they can be quite accommodating in circumstances like his.

Suzi, no wonder your mood is up and down with that heat! Yikes. But nice that DH stepped in at the right time with dinner out. And that you had a positive phone call from someone who DOES appreciate your work. I don't know why it's so hard for some "employers" to rwalize that volunteers are worth their weight in gold and should be coddled and spoiled and fawned over.

No word from Madcat... here's hoping she hasn't been tossed in the hoosegow for attempted breach of contract!!!

And Meadow was planning to spend some time lurking. If her home town is like the rest of rainy BC, I sure hope she's got a snorkel, some way of keeping the computer dry, and lots of bottled water on hand! A solid friendship with Noah wouldn't hurt either...

Mel, they really never give you a moment's rest, do they. I'm here sending you : for a quiet Thanksgiving with the kids and lots of yummy but healthy foods.

Today has been a bit of a tough day for me. I had been getting quite frustrated with a very close friend who's supposed to be in charge of our condo newsletter and who's been shirking the responsibility. I got a little too frustrated with having to do his work for him as well as what I had volunteered to do myself and, of course, watching him get all the credit. So I finally got things off my chest last night, which I'm afraid may have cost me the friendship. I do feel that in this case he's the one who's being oversensitive, even if I was probably a little clumsy in the way I presented things. But I really don't want to lose him after 38 years as friends. His loyalty has always outweighed his many flaws. And besides that, he's the only one of my friends who shares my situation, that is that he also found himself suddenly and unpredictably deprived of the day-to-day companionship of someone to just babble on about the trivia of the day to. (His partner dropped dead of a heart attack early one morning 4 years ago.) Without him I'll be reduced to doing ALL my venting to the cats and the 3fc gang. Beware! And I'll miss our bickering about who has less chance of meeting a new mate, a 62-year bald, not handsome, not rich gay man or a 57-year old rather plain chubby woman with a sharp tongue...

No new car action yet, I'm beginning to wonder if the seller has changed her mind. Meanwhile, she's not replying to my emails, and I still have car keys, ownership, etc. At this rate I'll be trying to sell my poor little Accent in a snowstorm. Grrr. I really don't know why everyone can't just be perfect like me.

Yikes, gotta be up at the crack tomorrow. Enjoy some extra turkey for me, my southern neighbours!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #309  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

to those of us who are celebrating today. I still have a minimized window open with comments that I was responding back to you. It seems I keep getting distracted away the last 2 days.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello and maybe pass out a few virtual

It's just me and DH for dinner but I have to go now and start getting a few things prepared. Actually the prep time takes as long as the turkey to cook. Fortunately we're going to have a lovely clear day with temps in the low 60's - perfect to be cooking that bird on the grill

I'll try and get back later today once things are under control...

And I am most thankful for all of you and the friendships we have developed through the years
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #310  
Happy September

DECIDED TO TAKE A BREAK. THE TURLEY DINNERS FOR THE SENIORS ARE ALL GIVEN OUT. ALL POLITICOS ARE OUT OF THE BUILDING. MAYOR DROPPED OFF 3 COMPLETE MEALS FOR ME AND THE KIDS....EVEN THOUGH WE TOLD HIM WE'RE COOKING!! HE STILL LOVES ME. THE FEELING IS MUTUAL. YESTERDAY WAS ******ED, I WON'T BORE YOU WITH THE DETAILS. JUST GRATEFUL EVERYONE IS GONE FOR 4 DAYS. IF I THINK THE OFFICE CAN HANDLE THE SCOOTER ISSUE ON MONDAY, I'LL TAKE A RIDE FROM WILLY TO WALMARTS. HE OFFERED. WE'LL SEE. DOESN'T LOOK PROMISING THOUGH.
JEN IS COOKING SIDE DISHES, RICHIE IS IN CHARGE OF THE TURKEY AND I HEATED THE FROZEN PIES
DINNER WILL BE LATE. THAT'S OK WITH ME. ENJOYING THE SILENCE. FED THE BIRD HIS TURKEY BITS AND PIECES AND HE IS A HAPPY CAMPER. HE LOVES POULTRY!! IT STILL CRACKS ME UP. I KEEP TELLING HIM HE'S A CARNIVORE AND EATING HIS RELATIVES!!!
HAPPY TURKEY DAY AGAIN!!!

HOLLY~ SS ABOUT THE DS. HOPE HIS POOR HEAD IS FEELING MUCH BETTER!! GEEZ!!!

SUZI~ BOYS HAVE TO TEST THEIR "MANLY" INSTINCTS I THINK MUCH MORE THAN GIRLS DO WITH THEIR EMOTIONS. HOPE THE DH FEELS BETTER TOO

MADCAT~ HAVE YOU DRIVEN TO THE GARDEN OF EDEN AND REFUSE TO LEAVE IN YOUR NEW CAR???? "scooter:

CARLA~ JUST TELL YOUR FRIEND YOU HAD A MOMENT OF TEMPORARY INSANITY!! IF HE HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR HE'LL UNDERSTAND. TELL HIM THE HOLIDAY BLUES GOT THE BEST OF YOU AND YOU TOOK IT OUT ON HIM!! I HAVE LOTS OF OTHER EXCUSES....LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE GIVE EACH OTHER A

HAPPY~ ENJOY THE DAY WITH THE HUBBY AND SAY HI TO MOM WHEN YOU CALL!!!!

SHAD~ I'LL VOLUNTEER FOR THE SECURITY POSITION...TELL THEM TO GET A LIFT OR ELSE I'LL BE PACING DOWN IN THE ENTRYWAY!!
WHAT KIND OF CLEANERS SMASHES A LAMP ! NICE PEOPLE!!!
BOXING GLOVES ON THE TWG IS TOO SOFT....USE YOUR FISTS!!! GOON ON YA FOR EXERCISING!!
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!

AND :hyg: TO THE REST OF THE CHICKLETTES!
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND COMING UP. ENJOY THE HOLIDAY PARTS AS WELL!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #311  

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Hello everyone....for the first time ever in Salmon in 12 years I am here........ I am waiting for Larry to return and Saturday and my mom and Andy are arriving tomorrow so my turkey day is sunday...... Chad will be able to join us too it should be very very special.
Jesse my youngest is in northern idaho with his girlfriend and family...it is so sweet he called for a recipe because he had to have his mom's eggs....funny what kind of impression we make on our own children as they grow up.
I feel almost guilty having a day to myself...no cooking or entertaining or having to go see other people. I am at my house just doing some things enjoying the dogs and having a few beers and enjoying the freshly fallen snow sunshine and wishing everyone a Blessed Day now and throughout the year......
Thinking of all of you and hoping all is well.
Love,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #312  

The saga of the unit continues. Yesterday I went home, put the key in the security door and the handle came off in my hand. This must be the most well built block of units in the land (NOT). We do have secure keys to the garage, front door of the block and individual unit, but the balcony/ patio has no security whatsoever. I gather the thought is - you live in a gated keyed walled block and your unit is six floors up - what's your problem??? Should I tell them??? Yes we do have an elevator. When I go swimming in the mornings I also walk down and up the stairs for a bit more exercise.

Carla - I hope you are reading this with your immunisation suit on. I don't think I have anything wrong with me at the moment (some would disagree) but just in case - wear a mask!!! You never know what I picked up in the pool.
The acronym PM does not stand for Post Menopausal!!!although I am. It's just another of SAP's modules set up to receive my gentle and fuzzy method of teaching.
Very difficult when you argue with a gay man. They can hold a grudge for sooooo long. Just give him a hug and tell him that you value the friendship truly even if you do have differences of opinion- just like an old married couple. Old friendships are valuable. You may have to grovel somewhat.

Happy - I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with the DH. We may not celebrate Thanksgiving (although we should) but I too am thankful for the friendships we share, our health, wealth (comparative and otherwise), advice, compassion, and this site.

Mel - nice of the mayor to shout dinner. What a man! Enjoy dinner with the family. A quiet dinner is just what is needed sometimes. Is turkey actually good for the bird???
We do have a lift (elevator). It is just that I walk once in a while - see above. It has a very annoying womans voice announcing - Basement - when we are on the ground floor! and then she starts the mantra - going up, going up, going up. It's enough to make one heave.

I see Rose has snuck in while I have been typing. Have a lovely day.

To all people on all threads on this site.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #313  
Suzi in Auz

pooooooooooooozz! I jsut typed a whole speil to you al and it has vanished somewhere...oh well.
Have a wonderful thanksgiving day everyone ...thnking of you all and many

Suzi
Old 11-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #314  

Whew, I did it!!! Yestereday I was out working(and driving) for over 10 hours. Everyone survived. I picked the kids up at 5:45 at the sitters and then we came home and I ordered pizza. I had cut up veggies and dip ready. Kids were in their jammies and soon to bed.First time in their lived they have gone to a baysitter from school.
Watched CSI and ER.
A BIG job yesterday. 3 of us worked 7 hours. A 120 year old 4 story farm house. We filled a dumpster with stuff and a trailer for a yard sale.Nice family. Tragic yet hopeful story. 3 kids. Both parent have dealt with and survived cancer back to back. Needed help getting their home back on track after several years of illness.
Lots of stair climbing( wiht heaby loads) for me.

TGIF!!! It is the weekend for me. PD day for the kids. I slept til 8 am and woke naturally. No screeching alarm. No mad dash.Having coffee. I will spend some time here in the office this morning and then out shopping. No big sales here but DD,DS and I all need runners and boots. My feet have gotten so wide I split the side out of mine last year. That gets little soggy and cold. Sears had good boots on sale( wide width or I can buy men’s) So I will see what is out there. Not looking for pretty.

Friendly, the new kitten, Is just that...friendly. A sweet pet!!!

Todo
-file
-pay bills
-call customers
-check the todo list from Wednesday and finish it
-go thru back hall toss toddler mitts and hats(thrift shop) and old shoes
Old 11-24-2006, 09:06 AM   #315  
Happy September

Default Today Is Black Friday

WHY DO WE CALL IT THAT I MUST LOOK IT UP.
BUT IT'S THE BIGGEST SALES DAY OF THE YEAR HERE IN THE STATES AND LINES ARE WRAPPED AROUND PARKING LOTS AND BLOCKS JUST TO GET INTO SOME STORES!
I HAVE DECIDED, WITH ANTOINETTE'S HELP, TO REMAIN HOME ON MONDAY. NEITHER ONE OF US THINK THE MAN WHO NEEDS A SCOOTER ,OR HIS FAMILY, WILL GET THE SALES SORTED OUT ON THEIR OWN.....AND THEN WE WILL BE RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM AND THE $$ FROM THE GOVT WILL BE SPEND AND NON-REFUNDABLE! SO RATHER THAN PISS THE MAYOR OFF AND THE INS COMPANY AS WELL, WE HAVE DECIDED TO HANDLE IT TOGETHER. IT WILL ALSO GIVE MY CREDIT CARD A CHANCE TO COOL OFF FROM IT'S LAST OUTING I AM GOING TO DIE A VERY POOR AND INDEBTED WOMAN

SHADDIE~ YOUR UNIT IS SOUNDING LIKE THIS BLDG AT TIMES. WE HAVE MAINT MEN WHO DON'T KEEP UP WITH THINGS. A FEW SENIORS HAVE CALLED ME TO TELL ME THEY ARE INSIDE THE APARTMENT WITH THE KNOB IN THEIR HANDS! I WILL SIT HER WITH HELD BREATH WAITING FOR YOUR CONTINUED SAGA OF THE FURTHER ADVENTURE'S OF KAURANGI'S UNIT!!9HOPE I SPELLED THAT RIGHT) HAVEN'T YOU INFORMED THE HEAD HONCHO OF YOUR QUEENLY STATUS? MAYBE THEY WILL SNAP TO IT AND GET THINGS RIGHT. I AM SURE BY THE TIME YOU LEAVE, THEY WILL HAVE CHANGED THEIR ERRING WAYS!!
SENDING AND

NAE MY NORTH WESTERN FRIEND!! HELLO LOVE!!
SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN. HOPE THE TIME WITH FAMILY AND THE BF WILL BE WONDERFULLT SPENT TOGETHER! FUNNY YOU SHOULD TELL THE TALE OF THE EGGS. A WOMAN TOLD ME JUST WEDS THAT HER SON CALLED TO ASK FOR A XMAS RECIPE AND SHE WAS THRILLED THAT HE ASKED AND WAS PASSING IT ON. GUESS I JUST GOT USED TO JEN CALLING HALF A DOZEN TIMES A DAY FOR INSTRUCTIONS FOR SOMETHING!
DIFFERENT WHEN THE BOYS ASK!
I SIT HERE WITH MY COFFEE(DON'T TELL HAPPY) AND AM DREAMING OF YOUR FRONT YARD. SOUNDS A DELIGHT. ENJOY!

SUZI~ SS YOU LOST YOUR POST!!! I DO HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS. I KEEP FORGETTING TO COPY IT FIRST. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

GOOD MORNING & HAPPY FRIDAY CHICKIES!!!