Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh dear. Mel can get it - wonder why you can't. Maybe you would like to google Mackenzie Country and see if you can get it that way. It has a glorious slideshow in the photo gallery.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 AM   #17  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

I'm off to the north this morning, up near CeeJay but not close enough to spend any time with her

I really needed sleep last night and it alluded me. Woke up every 30 minutes tossing and turning. I know the minute I get in the car my head will be nodding. Good thing I'm not driving tho I am the navigator

I am so far behind in things to get done around the house - stupid newsletter took all weekend long. My printer was giving me problems, even my stapler was acting up. I didn't get to bed until well after 1am and I needed to get up at 5:30. I think that's part of what kept me awake and my brain wouldn't let me go into a coma because it knew I wouldn't want to get up today. So the rest of this week will be devoted to structure. And maybe a Google peek at MacKenzie Country.

Gotta jump in the shower - catch you all later. Have a good one!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:44 AM   #18  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WHY HASN'T ANYONE USED MY LINK??? i PUT IT THERE TO REPLACE SHADS....LOOK ABOVE. MAYBE SHAD'S WAS IN A FOREIGN TONGUE UNRECOGNIZED BY YANKEE INTERNET SERVICES!

SHAD~ WISH I COULD SMELL YOUR ROSES. ALL I CAN SMELL ARE DEAD MUMS IN THE LOBBY AND DEAD LEAVES AND WEEDS OUTSIDFE I DON'T REALLY THINK IT WAS THE GRAPHICS. THE GENT TOLD ME THERE HAD TO BE AN ERROR IN THE PAGE SOMEHOW THAT KEPT ME FROM POSTING. I THINK THERE WAS NO NAME ON THE STORE CAUSE IF THERE WAS YOU MIGHT HAVE JUST KEPT WALKING FINGERS CROSSED AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHAIRS.

HAPPY~ SORRY I DIDN'T SEE THE NEW "DO" ISN'T BEING LIKED BY YOU. I HATE TO GO TO THE SALONS....WANNA COME UP HERE AND LET ME HAVE A SHOT AT IT??? MINE DIDN'T GO TO BADLY NOW WE HAVE TWO GOOD REASONS TO VISIT SHAD.....THE PARTY AND A NEW HAIRDO!! LET'S GO HAPPY!!

DAY HAS DAWNED WITH SMOKE ALARMS. A DD OF THE WOMAN UPSTAIRS CAME TO MAKE EGGS FOR HER MOM AND SET THEM ASMOKIN' DAMAGE DONE ONLY TO THE EGGS HAVING MY OATMEAL AND ENJOYING THE SILENCE IN THE BUILDING OF A HOLIDAY MORNING.
LET US HOPE THIS SILENCE PREVAILS THROUGHOUT THE DAY I HAVE REALLY BEEN DOING SOME SERIOUS SORTING AND HAVE ACCOMPLISHED A LOT. ESPECIALLY WITH THE FILE CABINET. LOTS OF "SHREDDED WHEAT" NOW IN THE RECYCLE ROOM.
ONWARD AND FORWARD! HAPPY MONDAY.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY ONCE AGAIN TO ALL THE CHICKS!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #19  

Well, good morning!!! Lovely summery home!!! Getting ready for vacation thoughts when we are under snow.

Our Thanksgiving was very nice. Church was lovely. We came home and I did some some Avon , had lunch and went to the my folks at the lake. It was all good. My Mom was not too wiggy. The kids were hilarious. My nephew is 8, mine are 6 and almost 8. I let them use the video camera. Well they are basically butt height so there was a lot of behinds in the video. Very funny. DD made Gramma and Grampa kiss and then said eeeeeeeeeeewwwww and giggled hysterically. Nice walk on the beach. I dont think I ever get sick of turkey. Good meal but no left overs for us here.
I have had all the family dinners since I was about 25 but now my parents are closer by and I suggested they do it. It is nice because my Grandma( age 96) will go for the whole weekend.
We have gone to Lake Huron all of our lives. either Ipperwash or Grand Bend. it just feels good to be there.
Lots of chat about my hair and life makeover. it was surprisingly pleasant. My mom is the queen of backhanded compliments but only did it once.

Kids were up at 7 but I sent them to feed the cats and slept til 9. Hubby was up around 8 and made breaky. It is a sunny 11C here right now. DH is stacking wood and then will cut the grass. I would like to garden.
Kids are into paint right now. Hoping for minimal disasters.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy--Wave at me when you drive by. You may not come all the way to Osceola. There's a quicker way to Jonesboro.
Holly--your thanksgiving sounded fun.
Mel-I'm ready for the fall and cooler weather.
Ooops--time to go make my rounds. More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #21  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Happy Birthdat Wishes

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY RAVENTOY!!!
HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!

PS: DON'T YOU JUST LOVE NEW SMILIES??????
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Yes well today is the 10th - over here. Are you getting a bit ahead of yourself Mel or are you just starting a 24 hour solid celebration.

Happy Colombus Day America. Does this mean a day off and turkeys and things as well?

Happy birthday Raven - give yourself a gift and come back to chat sometime soon hey?

Also Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends. Have fun and enjoy yourselves thoroughly and without guilt.

Gotta love those Turkeys.

Holly - in years to come you will be able to play - guess the butt? I love it when kids do something like that - you never know what you are going to see or hear. Glad you enjoyed the day out.

Mel - I'm not sure what it was either. Teels post had an error on the siggy. It has done for a while. I suspect that it has been chopped because of the length of it. I must mention it to Teel next time I ring her. It may have been that, but I did see a message on the status bar once that said page loaded with errors. I didn't take much notice because it didn't do anything wrong that I could see. I guess we just need to take care not to let the thread run too long. We used to change it around every 25 pages, now we are heading towards 35 before change.

Yesterday I took one of the chairs apart. I've glue bits back together again. Today I will sand it and maybe put the legs back on and see if the glue will take the stress. If not there are a couple of options - chuck them out or try to brace them. I really don't care much either way and I don't want to spend too much time or money on them. They are old and some of them are fine to use, the rest are splitting and could be dangerous. We'll see what gives.
I also did some plasterwork in the bathroom and hall. Today will be another day to get on with that and some work in the garden. Weather doesn't know whether to rain or not so that should be a goer for this morning.

Snap - Happy. I went to bed last night and slept solidly through to 1.00am. Then I woke up in a real sweat. After that I was either too hot or too cold and woke around every half hour or so. And I had the stupidest dreams for heavens sake. Any dream interpreter would certify me on those dreams.

So I had better get on with today. Back to the gym and then into the garden. Lets just hope the wind stays away for a couple of hours, I want to poison the weeds on the patio and the side of the house and I want to spray the outside of the house for ants as well. I see little mounds of soil and sand appearing in odd places - time for them to move on. I don't need them in the jam or honey or anyother place either.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #23  
Suzi in Auz

It looks like I missed all the dramas! The link posted really well. I am here
I only knew because my inbox received a note from PW and then again from Happy so i went to other thread and wala! here we are. Beautiful place Shad. Heaven on earth...makes me homesick , although i did'nt live in the Sth Is I still like to think of it as "home"
I am remember a lovely holiday the Family and I had in the Sth Island, we spent the winter for two weeks in a camper van and cruised around, it was devine. Two beautifuk weeks and only one not sunny, instead there was snow and we woke up to a winter wonderland in Wanaka...perfect!

Hope you all had wonderful weekends. I have yet to check out the new smiles. We have had a ew computer probalems. It seems computer just didn't start up one day, I think the boys have been online gaming and downloaded something funky. Thank goodness we have a grea niehgbour who is a computer whizz. He rebuilt it.

My friend from NZ came yesterday, it's the start of my birhtday week I am such a celebration queen and love it when birthdays go on for a while.
This friend is so lovely, we are like a pair of comfortable shoes together, you just slip them on and take off!
Dixie Chicks were last night and were awesome, lots of talk of political stuff, i think it has certainly changed their flavour. Still very professional and a great show. We had gold class tickets, when we arrived we were up in the Gods! DH was NOT happy and so he went to complain. The lady saw him coming and said their were some errors made! She changed tickets for very good ones centre stage on 2nd elevation. MUCH better. Amazing that some of the other people who had same tickets just sat there in their seats. I am so glad for a bossy hubby!

Happy...i was reading your hair antics. I can so relate. I have only just found a GOOD stylist after 2 1/2 years and one that i don't have to take out a small mortgage to see. She is so local too. It can be frustrating but make sure that you walk with your feet. The salon has to guarentee your cut and colour if you are not happy. I know we never so this as we feel they might make a worse job. Say you are not happy, ask for my light in your hair and ask her to recut. You have paid for a service and you havn't had one. This should be free.

Shad thank you again for the link. It is so good that someone is looking after us like that. I hope you have more joy now posting. I never had a problem. Must be a down under thing. Good luck with the gym, you are going well.

CJ working on a sunday oh dear. I hope you have a lovely "weekend" when you are finished. It's nice if it's quite anyway, have you a lovely book to read? Hope you feel on top of things today.

Holly I'm so glad you Mum behaved. It can be a strain. The kids change the flavour of everything though, great memory making, I love it. Oh yum i can just taste the turkey from here!

Mel
KIA ORA you are so cute with your little "smileys" I love it. Theya re cute. Must look later.
Hope there are no dramas today. How nice of the DD but ooops! Happy Comlumbus day to you...nice to have a holiday.

ok only looking on this page.
Love to everyone...3 more sleeps!

Suzi
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #24  
Smackin' into a Wall

Wow, guys, nice new digs! I'm glad we have a fresh new thread. Checked out the link and is anyone else interested in the Heli cycling tours offered down Mt Cook? How lovely this place is. Thank you Shad.

Feeling good today. Just got back from a brisk walk outside. It feels so nice when a weekend of sloth is broken by a bit of outdoor exercise. The city has done some major waterfront renovations and this one area not far from here that used to be unused land is now this lovely biking/ walking area. They've even installed a boardwalk along the water. There were lots of people out enjoying the lovely fall day. Actually weekend was not slothful at all. Saturday we were out making car arrangements and visiting Mark's parents for his Dad's B-day. Yesterday we drove up north to visit my Mom.

Happy~ I'll send some positive printer mojo your way. Hey, what about doing the newsletter in pdf format and sending it out by email? Paper is so last century Hope you have a good trip Drive carefully.

Tig~ Hi there.

Mel~ Glad to see you back among us. Glad you were able to go out and enjoy the day yesterday. Maybe things will calm down around your place as the fall progresses. There is something about season change that seems to bring out weirdness.

Shad~ hope you got your rain. It would be terrible if those roses were to suffer. You always sound so industrious. Glad you are making the most of your time before it is back to the salt-mines.

Holly~ Funny when you had kids a camera what you get. How cool. I am glad your holiday was so nice and relaxing.

Raven~ Happy birthday, kiddo. Come back and touch base sometime, k?

Where is Suzi? Isn't her birthday soon (isn't it?). Hi to everyone else - chicks present and missing. I hope PW had a good one. Ok, there seems to be a preponderance of Libras on this thread. Coincidence? Maybe? My B-day is in 10 days. We're going to Niagara Falls for the weekend.

So, DH and I are the proud owners of a 2007 Honda fit. We go and pick it up on Thursday night. Bit scary to have to hand over a big pile of cash and then still have to go into debt for the rest, but there was no problem with the financing. I'm very excited. My first car!!! And DH's first NEW car. Oh and I picked up a small job to design a website for my brother's locksmithing business. He wants to go online, so I'm going to put something up for him. Probably won't pay anything, but it will make a nice resume piece, so that ok. And after all, he is my brother. I kinda like him.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #25  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Suzi~~~~ !!
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #26  
Suzi in Auz

HI madcat! We must have been posting at the same time, glad you enjoyed your weekend. Car sounds fun and walk sounds lovely! It's great to be inspired by new surroundings! Have a lovely day
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #27  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

Back from Jonesboro. You really live out in the country CeeJay, don't you? A beautiful area and a nice ride. I was enjoying looking at field after field of cotton plants. It's harvest time and you wouldn't believe the cotton bales that are lining the sides of the fields. Almost the size of small trucks. Really neat to see and we also enjoyed getting a tour of the box plant. I do think that "BBQ" is a bit overrated tho. I could do with it maybe 3 times a year. We stopped at a small place for lunch - the food was good but I was wishing we had gone to one of the restaurant chains instead. One girl in our group was a vegan and she got pretty cranky when she discovered that the pinto beans and green beans were cooked with meat. The waitress just looked and her and said they were cooked the "southern way". I knew exactly what she was talking about. The girl then said, well then they shouldn't be listed under vegetables!

It was a nice break from the office. Heads down today, I am as behind at work as I am at home. Does this indicate a pattern?

Posting this, gotta go check something...
Old 10-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #28  
Choose your hard

Ok, Suzi's birthday is not until Friday. Friday the 13th at that. Oooooooooohhhhhhh.

Happy Birthday Raventoy hope your horsie business is doing well along with you and the family. I imagine you are a powerhouse of muscle by now.

Madcat, your new walking "park" sounds great. Just in time for some lovely autumn strolls. We took a walk around the neighborhood last night - it was great with the full moon, must do it more often. Congrats on the new car! As for the newsletter, one of the past officers signed up for a free website several years ago. They were looking for someone to update the pages, including an online copy of the newsletter. In the end I decided it wasn't worth the work. Out of 173 homes, less than 10 people use email on a regular basis. We used to email stuff to the board members and then came to find that some of them didn't even know how to use email - Cripes my (almost) 80 year old mother knows how to use email. Anyway thanks for the suggestion, it sure would make things easier. Thats nice of you to help out your brother. Might even be kind of fun!

Suzi, it sounds like you have a fun week ahead of you. Glad you liked the concert. That was very smart of you to question the seating! Have fun with your friend.

Shad, Columbus Day is a minor holiday here. Mostly just the government workers and perhaps the schools get off. Oh and banks are on holiday also. But us working stiffs just keep working. Our big holidays are New Years, Memorial Day in May, Independence Day in July, Labor Day in September, Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in December. Oh and Easter too tho most of us only get time off if we use our own vacation days. Good luck with the chairs. If they are weak, better to replace them lest someone fall and get hurt.

Mel, I have looked at your link and it still doesn't load up for me. I trust we are in a very beautiful area simply because you guys always pick nice places. Keep your cool my friend with all the hussle and bustle around you.

Hello CeeJay, Tig, Nae, Holly, Mrs. Sniffles (Teel) and Meadow. Time to get on with the day.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #29  

Default I found you

Geez it took a while to get here I hope I get my notices of the postings. It didn't work last night. Can't lose my buddies aroundthe world!
Oh Ladies I want to tell you that so far there have been 3 dates and they are off the charts as far as ....well.... everything...... so far. He is so kind and sweet and thoughtful and we are so comfortable with each other. Needless to say I am floating around now not able to do a single thing because my mind and body are turning to mush!!!!!!!! After tomorrow he is gone for 6 weeks that should build some interest I hope for the future.
I am happy to report my weight loss effects are now doubly inforced and I have been very good. Still losing.
Must get busy and do something.....
Thanks for listening I'll try not to be too over the top about it all....... at least not yet!!!!!
Peace and Joy,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #30  
Choose your hard

Very happy for you Nae!