Old 11-12-2006, 07:46 PM   #256  
Suzi in Auz

I have just had a lovely read and it has made my morning. I was coming here for a moan as I am at work ( working for 2 weeks solid) and there is NO work. I am filling in for my BOSS and she hasnt left anything for me to carry on with. It will just be a matter of baby sitting the volunteers and having one of them interrupt me every few secs. I don't mind though. One of the volunteers is quite a talker and he is actually very pleasant.
I have already had a fight with a homeless man wanted emergency relief. I am unable to provide him with it while My boss is away. He wasn't happy but I was able to redirect him.
The weekend was a full one and I have to admit I was very tired. My daughter danced on Saturday and I even noticed she wasn't herr usual spritely self and dancing with enthusiasm. She looked tired. Others might not have noticed but we did.
We waved good bye to our friend and her daughter, I know they had a fabulous time regardless of the comments made. She is a busy person and I think we have learned to really enjoy company. It's so nice to do that and not feel as though you have to dash on to the next thing.

My DD is very much still in entertain me mode. Hopefully that will get better.
This morning she wasn't happy about the fact that I was working straight for 2 weeks. She looked at me as if to say "what about me". She will be fine as DS will look after her but she is spoilt with having Mummy home when she comes home from school. I reminded her how lucky she was. She could have me workign full time and is very fortunate to have a daddy who can provide for us so I only have to work casually. Welcome to the real world!
I do feel as if my body is doing a huge sigh....do you ever feel as though you are coming to work for a break? I have 2 1/2 weeks until our next lot of visitors. Yesterday I managed to grab a couple of Christmas presents to add to my collection. I am feeling more organised. I would love some addresses please to send on some Christmas cards PM me if you want to
DS14 and DH are going to a U2 concert tonight. I am envious and would love to be going too. They were interviewed in the TV the other night and I was so impressed by them. It should be a fine show.
DH has had the results of his CAT scan and everything seems noraml. He went with DD and it was a funny little story. DD asked what he was doign and he said he was getting results of his brain scan. DD announced " well they won't be normal" We had a little laugh about that. He has yet to know what has been causing the headaches but we think it could be sinus as apparently it has been one of the worst times in Sydney for sinus troubles. I do hope so as it's good to fidn a label. Interesting what you said Happy about Caffeine. he doesn't drink coffee but he does drink sprots drinks with caffeine added. Hmmm...we might have to wean him off them.

Ceejay...we just missed each other. It's a shame when the working weeks comes around too quickly. I hope you have a good one. Those miles are looking good. How did the shopping for thanksgiving go? I wish we had that here. I love the idea. i am tempted to do one anyway for the family here. In Dec we have been here in Aus for 3 years and so there is plenty to be thankful for.
Mel...I can just imagine you singing in the aisles. Are you like one of those Santas that works off movement and when we walk past you you start up?
The christmas wreath kits sound great! I really must start doing something like that with the kids. I find the whole Christmas thing really creeps up on me some years and I am not able to enjoy the season.
Carla...ekk on the nose bleeds...i can just see it. It reminded me of the movie " shes's the man" a girl was dressing up as a boy to get into a soccer tea and tampons were discovered in her bag. She plugged up her nose and announced they were for nose bleeds....ekkk. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, it was a funny image to rad but I am sure not so in practise.
Holly....well done on your meeting. It sounded so successful. Your renos around the house sound great too and great to get a bargain. It is good that you are able to find some control on your life. It sounds like you have made some excellent career changes.
Shad...hi I hope your trip up north went well and you can breathe before you have to start into everything.
Rose that is lovely news about your visit with your new friend. Don't be blue
Tig...so nice to see you peeking..don'tyou hate that? when it's all typed outnicely and then poof. I always think I hope the cyber robbers enjoyed reading it.

Happy I loved your post about the leaves. I remember living in NZ and we had huge peacan nut trees in our back garden. Every fall the leaves would fall. I have some wonderful memories of the children absolutely covered from head to toe in leaves. It was so much fun!
I hope you find the perfect present. Buying presents for each other is always tricky. DH and I often go out together and get something we would really like ...maybe for the house or something. The rings sound like a lovely idea especially with your wedding anniversary looming...wow. 30. we are comign up 18 in Dec.
It looks as if you all had wonderful weekends and were exceptionally busy. I will look forward to catching up in the week.

Much love to everyone
Suz

Last edited by suzi in auz; 11-12-2006 at 07:53 PM.
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 AM   #257  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi chicks,

It was a busy weekend after all. You all have something worth commenting on but it's rather late right now. Will have to wait until tomorrow evening as we have an appointment right after work.

Was good to catch up with the lot of you, talk more tomorrow... Good night ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #258  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Suzi~ I was thinking sinus also. Millions all over the world are suffering with them. also all the bombs etc sending crap into the air. According to my Dr it's making a big difference. winds travel for miles and miles. Hope he feels better soon. I used to feel like work was a haven when Jen was young. different problems other than CHILDREN for a few hours!

Ceejay~ You sound tired. Sending you
All I really want to do is hibernate right now!! It must be my inner "bear"!!!!

Happy~ Busy, busy, busy!!!! See you later.

I heard from Shad and she has arrived safely. Not yet into her apartment and no internet access. One of the idiots from another job will be there as well but she's been told he is not working with her! For his sake, I hope the boss is right!

I am staying home. No Mall for me today. Very achy, nose bleed and dizzy. All sinus related. No sense in going out and feeling miserable all by myself when I can stay home and make hundreds miserable
Some Dayquil and TV today I think. Maybe the rain will also leave soon!! What wind!! Better go and eat and take the meds......
Happy Monday/Tuesday!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel-You nail me every time. I'm exhausted again. All this traveling to and from is getting the best of me. Plus my side is still nagging me so I suppose I'll go see if the good doc still wants to do a scan. I'm so ready to find out what this is.

Suzi--I left my computer on last night. I found that we now have the Hallmark channel and a Perry Mason movie was on. I had not seen that show either.

My boss told me last week that he was expecting a chemical truck this week so I decided this morning that I would rotate the fluoride stock to make room for some more if we got any. I did well on the first four drums but while moving that last drum I bumped the end of the two wheeler and down she went. Thankfully it just slid off the two wheeler and didn't crash on the floor. He came and lifted it back up for me all 600 pounds worth. I tried to lift it with the hoist but couldn't get the chain around it. The first thing the boss said did you get hurt. I'm thankful I didn't.

I'm at work and I've already posted 4 days of work from the week end but I still have to do my work from this morning.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #260  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ HOPE THE DR CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING ON. SORRY THE PAIN IS STILL THERE. AFTER THE HOLIDAYS ARE OVER YOU CAN STOP TRAVELING!!!
THANK GOD THE DRUM DIDN'T LAND ON YOU!!! OR YOUR FOOT!!! GEEZ!!! BE CAREFUL.

I am posting now because i am going food shopping in the morning and might have a job to do tomorrow. So JIC....I posted now. Have a wonderful night and a great day tomorrow! I haven't heard anymore from Shad so I can safely assume she has not hurt the "TWIT FROM GROOTE"........YET!!! . :
Old 11-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #261  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Chicks!

Just a quick post to let everyone know I haven't fallen off the earth. Just been busy. Once again it has been made plain to me that I should have been born rich. Had today off for Remembrance Day and it was very nice – Left home a bit later than usual and went to the gym. Did weights and 60 minutes of cardio. It was so nice to be able to just take my time there. Came home, met up with my friend Gord, voted in the Municipal election, and then spent the morning/ early afternoon furniture shopping. It has been so long since I've had a day off where I could just go wander around. Finished off the afternoon on the couch watching Narnia on DVD. See, I should be allowed to shop for a living. I'm really good at it.

Anyway, I probably have some comments but I'll have to check back in a bit later. I think din-din might be here (ah the joys of ordering in).
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #262  
Suzi in Auz

I have had this site open for about 2 hours and haven't had the chance to write a thing!
to everyone.

I get the feeling that you are all very busy. Hope you are having great days..

My day has started off in an "interesting" way. I came home to a note from My two sons Principal saying that he would like to see me first thing in his office. I new about the difficulties with DS14 but not with DS13.
DS13 was in an incident yesterday where he was bashed in the head by another student. This same student was the same one responsible for breaking his shoulder. DS13 had his bag stomped on and his lunch ruined this was the thrid time this term and he was sick of it so he squirted a drink in the child's face, the child proceeded to thump him! Not good and he is sporting a lovely bruise on his head and a nasty headache.) DS13 does seem to get himself into these situations and somehow is like a moth to a flame when it comes to hanging around the wrong kids. He is still a "little" boy and wants to play in so many ways. I actually love that about him. It was good to chat to his Principal and just let him be made aware of the bullying tactics of some of the children. I think the staff think that there is no problem but unfortunately there is.
DS14 has had a progress report made up for him from the teachers. It was a behavioural report as apposed to an academic. I was concerned to see a decline but not surprised. He hasn't been happy for a while and has become very focussed on certain things, namely, guitar, music and computers. He loves them. DS14 finds it difficult not to obsess about certain things. He has been diagnosed as a young boy with a mild case of Asperger's Sydrome. If any of you are familir with this you might understand. It's on the scale of Autism at the high functioning end. DS14 has always had issues socially with other children as sometimes he doesn't know the appropriate way to react socially in normal situations. He is fine with his brother and sister as they have come to know him. Usually the symptoms are coupled with pressures at school. When he doesn't feel pressured he is fine. I mentioned my concerns with the Principal. In the past I have managed this quietly as I didn't want DS14 to be labelled. I think it's time to deal with the issues and get some help for him as the symptoms seem to be back in force. It does come and go.
DH often clashes very firmly with DS and I am sure it's because they have a lack of understanding with each other. We all need to sit down and talk about this. Coupled with "normal" teenage issues it can seem a little overwhelming. I am glad to be dealing with this now as it hasn't become too much of a problem. .....:sigh:
So that was my morning.....
and then there is work. It's a little busier than yesterday...thank goodness. I like it when it is busy.
I am just quietly pottering away and thinking what i will make for dinner.
I had plans for the gym this morning but it didn't happen due to the appointment which was frustrating. I hope to go tonight but don't really know how I am going to feel after work...I will see.
Madcat Hi there ...well done on the gym..i hope you did some for me...glad you enjoyed your day off. I loved Narnia..did you know it was filmed in NZ?
Mel Hope you are feeling better and enjoy shopping.
Ceejay wow that was a little scary. I am so glad you are ok. ....phew
Shad... c/c mel. I am so glad you got up there ok and hope to hear from you soon. Oh dear about the Grott from Groot.
Happy head down butt up talk to you soon

love to all
Suz

Last edited by suzi in auz; 11-14-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #263  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

I'm kinda behind again so this will be short.

We did take my ring to the jeweler and they were very nice. Said they could resize it without a problem (thanks for the additional info Holly). We picked out a new stone and the lady said it most likely will be ready by the holidays which I assumed to be Thanksgiving over Christmas. I am so excited, I always liked those rings. The are putting the old stone in a solitaire pendant.

Today is weight in at WW and what a dilemma. Today we are having a pot luck / everyone bring a dish pre-Thanksgiving luncheon celebration at work. From what I understand we have quite a number of people participating. Lots of tempting goodies. AND at our WW meeting today we have a special guest. The Applebee's restaurant chain features an entire menu page specifically for WW friendly meals - from appetizers to desserts. The manager of our local Applebees is coming to talk to us about the WW menu AND HE'S BRINGING SAMPLES Good thing we weigh in first, huh?

Suzi, I am very sorry to hear of the troubles with the children. We are starting to hear more about Asperger's Sydrome here in the states. They say children are under more pressure than ever now, so many new things for them to cope with all at once. I hope you can work things out. Between the DD and the DSs and the hubby, you sure have alot of things on your hands lately. Hope he gets some resolution from the headaches. As for the bullying, well that's just plain scary! They had a piece on the news yesterday about some gang kids hanging out not too far from where I live. They travel in packs and pick on others - just to pick a fight and beat someone up or humiliate them by taking their shoes and stuff. It really frightened me. What chance do you have against a pack of 8 or 10 punks?

Madcat, you comment is exactly why I am counting the days to retirement. Won't it be great to spend the day exactly how you want to instead of things always being dictated to you?

Mel, thank you for the update on Shad. Too bad she is with the twit again tho I guess that is likely if she sticks with the same contractor. Hope you are feeling better, enough to go out shopping. Take care of your tender little honker, you hear?

Oh my gosh Ceejay, I just cringed when I read about you and the drum Do be careful. I still think you shouldn't be moving that stuff - and I am a toughie who would do the very same thing - I just got smarter as I got older. Hope you are feeling better too and that the doctor has some answers for you - a lot of times I think they want you to figure this out for yourself.

Carla, thanks for the hummus recipe, I think I might try it next week for Thanksgiving. Did you take the plunge with WW? I figured even if nothing else, I will be more mindful of my eating. And counting points isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

New windows, eh Holly? Wow will be so nice to keep the drafts out and OPEN them in the nice weather. Wheeheee. Yes, it's alot of money but one of the best investments you can make. Good for the home value and good for the heating bills.

Ok, I have to run. Hellos to Meadow, Shad, Nae and the rest of the chicks.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #264  

I have a had a good read,will try to comment later.
This morning...
Hubby was called for an interview for the teaching job he applied for yesterday morning. This is his absolute dream. Here is a link to the school. The interviewer told Hubby he was exactly what they were looking for.
Prayers welcomed. What a gift this would be to his wellbeing.

http://www.natradeschools.ca/building-trades.php

The interview is tomorrow at 10am.

What ever has been plugging up my head is now plugging up my chest. The upside is I dont have a headache. The down side is that I am definitely sick with something and I am irritable.

Kids were is good spirits this morning and are launched to school. Hubby is home. He slept way in. Nice for him. I dont have any pressing engagements.

I may R&R a bit in bed. i am working all weekend and have a 90th bday party for my great uncle with many out of province cousins in attendance. It will be fun but full day. I am sure some partying will happen in the evening. That is on Saturday. There is an open house in the aft and then we have booked a restaurant for supper .

I missed a few follow up calls I could have made for Avon last night but it was a good order anyhow.

Time to think on my day. At the least I will file.

And later...
I am so excited for him( and us).It is about time something GREAT happened for him.I had my Saturday morning on Tues. I went back to bed to read and then rested and took a bath and then watched The View( Luke and Laura were on, for GH fans) , while it was on i stitched up some torn seams in the ( machine sewn) quilt on our bed. One of those things I have been wanting to do for 6 months.Thatw as my goal for this morning...to do 1 thing I have been putting off for months.

So now my weekend is over and I must get cracking!!!
I am going to call up to the diner and order a cajun chicken wrap for lunch. I need to wash DH's clothes and fold and put away both kids stuff, tidy and vucuum the upstairs. At 1pm I want to make some calls.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:16 PM   #265  

Happy--I think your right about doctors wanting patients to figure out what is wrong with ourselves. Really they just treat our symtoms anyway. This will all be written down as the gyn wants me to do. Maybe this time I'll have some back up from my regular doctor. You are doing awesome--6 pounds lost--I'm jealous.

Madcat--It's nice to have a peaceful day. Did you find any furniture?

Suzi- As my dad used to say "boys will be boys".

Holly--Feel better soon. Hope the DH hears fro his interview soon.

Not much is happening today. Was going to do some more well surveys but the well I wanted to run didn't come on. The boss man has figured out what is wrong with it but now we have to wait for a part. The chemical truck also came this morning.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:52 PM   #266  
Suzi in Auz

Good Morning everyone

Working again today but actually starting to get into the swing of things now. It was a little blow to the system and just getting everything organised.
I am now and feel more normal. I haven't managed the Gym but might get there tonight or at least a walk. I am going to cut myself a little slack while I am so busy.
I am all on my own today at work which is actually nice as I don't have to run around and try and find things to do for the volunteers.
Oh dear...I have just had a little mishap here. One of the vonuteers who is a dear person who comes and does a community magazine for the centre is very upset about something that is going on. She has decided to resign She just spoke to me on the phone and I had to go as I had a person at the front counter...she sent an email yesterday saying she was taking leave and sent it to the Management committee which she is also on. NO-ONE has responded and I feel badly about it. I have tried contacting my coordinator but she is on vacation and obviously doesn't want to be contacted, her phone is on answer phone. I feel badly for this person. I contacted her straight away and she said I was the ONLY one...It's such a shame. i am sure with some gentle persuasion she would be turned around, she just wants to be appreciated, as we all do. PEOPLE!

Thanks everyone for the support about the boys...agreed ceejay boys can be boys but still I worry, I guess Mum's were made that way. The bullying issue is worrying, we live in quite a "well to do" area and the bullying issues are still rife. I find the kids can be so cruel. These are kids who have so much privilege. They really need to come and work with me for a day or two and see how the real world works. As for DS14 , he seems so much happier since we have been chatting, he is a good kid and really still wants to be a kid. I think he feels the pressure of growing up to quickly. It's nice to see a smile on his face. Thankfully dramas are not long around here and quite short lived but they do send us into a little bit of a frenzy.
DH seems to be better, there was a small issue with his liver function which came up on the blood tests but he has had this before. I really think he was run down and had a virus, also the sinus factor, next time the headaches come on I will try some allergy tabs and see what happens. We really do wear so many hats as women don't we?
In some ways the time for me at work has been a Godsend. If I was home I would be rushing around and getting myself all worried about extra visitors coming soon, it's enabled me to have a litte space. I even managed to clean my floors before I came this morning. They have been bothering me.

Happy for the PM. You have one waiting for you .
I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your ring sorted. It will be such a lovely gift and mean alot. OUr tastes change so much as we get older and you need to have something that suits you now! Do tell what you are planning for Thanksgiving, even though it is just you and hubby. I love the idea of Thanksgiving and so wish we celebrated here...i have ideas of doing something for my family in Dec before Christmas as we would have been in Australia 3 years and I think that is a milestone. Good luck with the weigh in today and enjoy your sampling.

Holly Many prayers being sent your way today and for hubby. That sounds so exciting. A change and new carreer shift will give him such confidence. I do hope he gets the position. How nice for you to have a ME mornig. YUM your wrap sounds good and has made me crave one this morning. I am trying hard not to eat all the candy that is lying around here, there is tons of the stuff and keep nibbling. My boss seems to like it. I really should just throw it out!

I really should get on and see what needs to be done around here but must also conjure up soem work for the volunteers who are coming tomorrow. It's almost coffee time yaaaaaaay!

big to everyone!

Suz
Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #267  
Happy September

MADCAT~ I ALSO BOUGHT NARNIA AND HAVE YET TO WATCH IT!!! LOL HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. I LOVED THE BOOKS. I ALSO LOVED SUSAN COOPER'S "THE DARK IS RISING" SERIES. PRE HARRY POTTER DAYS. I OFTEN THING THIS IS WHERE JKR GOT HER IDEA. SHOPPING AND A MOVIE SOUNDED LIKE A GREAT DAY!

SUZI~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BOYS. TEENAGE LIFE IS TOUGH THESE DAYS. HOPE EVERYTHING GOES OK FOR BOTH OF THEM. BULLIES SEEM TO BE ALL OVER THE PLACE NOWADAYS. JEN HAD PROBS WITH BULLIES THAT ALMOST TURNED ME INTO A BULLY TOO!!! GOOD LUCK!

HOLLY~ SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO THE SCHOOL SO THEY PICK HUBBY. THAT WOULD BE SUCH A GREAT THING. FINGERS AND TOES ARE CROSSED. NO MORE BEING OUT IN THE ELEMENTS TOO I WOULD ASSUME?
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER ALSO. GO TO THE DRS!
ON THE LUKE AND LAURA THING....THEIR COPY OF THE WEDDING BAND SET IS SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES DOWN HERE. LOTS OF WOMEN ARE GOING TO HAVE THEM FOR XMAS....LOL A GH REVIVAL IS GOING ON.

HAPPY~ I AM CRACKING UP THAT THEY ARE HAVING FOOD AT THE WW WEIGH-IN!! WHAT A CONFLICT OF INTERESTS EVEN THOUGH IT'S WW FRIENDLY!!!
WONDER WHO IS SUPPORTING WHO? LOL HAVE A GREAT DAY AND GOOD LUCK YOU BUSY BEE!

CEEJAY~ I THINK MY DRS LOVE WHEN I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. THEY SEEM TO BE EAGER TO FILL THE SCRIPT THAT I TELL THEM I THINK I NEED AND SHOVE ME OUT THE DOOR. MANY OF THEM GO TO HELP PUSH MY CHAIR EVEN THOUGH IT'S MOTORIZED!! GUESS THEY CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF US!!

NOTHING ON THE SHAD FRONT YET. GUESS SHE IS GETTING SETTLED IN.
I DIDN'T GO SHOPPING. SINUS AND GLANDS LOOK LIKE I AM KEEPING GOLF BALLS INSIDE. NOT PAINFUL BUT JUST SOOOO SLEEPY. YOU KNOW THAT "HEAVY FEELING".
NOTHING NEW AND NOTHING TO REPORT.
SEE YA MANANA!! BUENOS DIAS MI CHICAS!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #268  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Heavy, drenching downpours this morning. And I'm feeling all sniffly - the kind where one eye tears constantly. Well it can be worse - like tomorrow where it will be COLD with drenching downpours.

I actually gained 4 tenths of a pound at weigh in yesterday. How did that happen? Well by not counting points for one- I logged my food but ate several restaurant meals where I could not calculate points. Ok, I did wrong and I know it, a will take this as a thump on the head and do better this week. Yesterday we had our pot luck lunch for the people on our floor at work. ON WEIGH IN DAY no doubt. I fixed a plate and then ran to the WW meeting and ate afterwards. I had a small piece of ham but my plate was mostly full of vegetables. I did good and only took a spoon of each item. I love to try other people's cooking. There was a cheese brocolli casserole that was awesome. My strawberry spinach salad was a big hit too. When I got home I was going to cook up my salmon but I started cooking a pot of clam chowder for DH. He likes his broth based, not the creamy New England chowder that is typical. By the time I got everything simmering, it was about an hour later and I didn't feel like cooking the salmon. I settled for a Lean Cuisine dinner and added a small salad of romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes, a 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce and decided to be good and use my 3 points for a glass of milk instead of a Coke. I was looking to munch on something later in the evening but kept reminding myself of the gain so I convinced myself I didn't need anything else. DH came home from his billiard league and we had a good chat for about an hour. Then I went and cleaned up the kitchen. It's been pouring like mad throughout the night, woke up this morning and it's overflowing the gutters. If only I could bottle up some of this and send it to Shad. I saw the other day that Australia is under one of the worst draughts in history.

Are you under water restriction too Suzi? I got your PM, thanks! I know what your co-worker is feeling. Sometimes it just seems like a huge waste of effort if no one really cares. I hope the right people wake up before they lose a good person AND a volunteer too. I so agree with your comment about kids not always appreciating how good they have it. And I agree that they should get involved in some community work - something to make them see that others live quite a different life.

Ceejay - I think the real issue is getting a doctor to LISTEN to you. They have listen, give you a pill and go on their merry way. Last time I was at the doctor I complained LOUDLY to him that I didn't appreciate sitting in his office 2 to 2 and a half hours AFTER my scheduled appointment time each time I had to see him. Said I had to take a half day off from work for every appointment. It did not set the tone for a good appointment but I am so tired of the way you get treated as a patient down here.

Holly, fingers crossed, prayers said for DH's interview. Hope all goes well for him.

Hello Miss Mel, sorry you have golf balls in your head. It does seem like sinus problems are all over and everyone has them. I have some Watkins clear your head menthol spray that I'm going to try. The Applebee's guy had a staffing problem at work so they rescheduled our luncheon. We walked into the meeting and we each got a small (think saucer sized) paper plate. Pig that I am I'm thinking man! is this all we get? like 3 toothpicks full Turns out no food, we just had to write on our plates what we would chose for a Thanksgiving meal and add up the points. Neener Neener, the leader didn't catch me being bad because I like veggies more than anything so all my choices added up to exactly what I would plan for the Thanksgiving meal (12 points). We'll get our Applebee's samples in 2 weeks. Actually I think it's a great marketing tool. Come in, give samples, encourage people that if you're going to eat out - Applebees is the place to do it. Most of us have more than one person in our family so that increases the amount of meals that Applebees can sell. Be like Bill Gates - give 'em a taste for free and then once you get them hooked on it, charge them up the wazootie

Hope you're settling in Shad, we miss you.

Good morning to the rest of the chicks...

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-15-2006 at 10:40 AM. Reason: gotta sneak a post in to Mel ;)
Old 11-15-2006, 12:59 PM   #269  

Happy--We have had the drenching down pours also with some street flooding. More is on the way.

Hello to all the rest.

I'm in a depressed mood today. Talked to my sister in Missouri last night. She had some sad news. My nephew has been severely burned on his back.
He's doing as well as to be expected. He and a friend went camping and decided to rough it by camping out by an open fire then deer hunt the next morning. His sleeping bag caught on fire. His friend helped him put out the fire. Skin grafts has been done and the doctors thnk that he will do very good. I'm going to call him tonight. He's still in the hospital but his mom said she thought he would get to come home by the week end.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #270  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ceejay~ I’m so sorry that your nephew has had this happen. My best wishes are with him for a speedy and complete recovery.

Happy~ I know that any weigh-in that is up can be upsetting but it is less than half a lb, and amount that could be excused in any one of a hundred ways. You know what you need to do to see those numbers change next week. Go to it. It sounds as if you did a great job at the potluck. I think any food cooked by someone other than myself is great too… and I love being able to see how people make the stuff they like. Potlucks are great. And the “new” rings sound lovely. What a sweet and significant gift you have chosen.

Hope Shad is ok and getting settled in. Maybe we can arrange to have the Lout from Groote airmailed to Antarctica?

Mel~ I’ll have to look for the Susan Cooper books. I have never heard of them. The Narnia books were my favourites growing up and a kernel for a very active imaginary world. I’m glad you love them too. I hope you are feeling better. Golf balls, huh? If you hear anyone scream “fore”, run!!!

Suzi~ Sorry about your DSs growing pains. It must be one of the hardest things about being a parent – wanting to fix things and not always being able to. I’ve heard that there are some really good cognitive/ behavioural therapies out there for interpersonal behaviour issues. Good luck getting some help. There is no shame in needing a bit of training for anyone. I also hope you are able to get your job issue sorted. Mel is right… people do just want to be appreciated.

Holly~ Good luck to your husband on his interview. I’ll send positive job vibes. I hope it went well. What a nice change for him that would make. I looked at the link and it looks like an interesting place for him to be, too.

K. I better get back to work. I’m going out to dinner with a friend tonight. This is a woman I have known since I was 9 years old and she was 8 and, though we are almost diametrically opposed to each other in almost every aspect of life, we have still managed to stay friends for more than 35 years. I’d probably have more fun if I didn’t have this two day old sinus headache, but I still plan on having an enjoyable evening.

Talk to you all later.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote