Old 11-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #226  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Got rid of the visitors, had my hair cut and coloured, taken the car to the tyre place. I'm like Mel, I'm worn out. Not much else will be done today.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #227  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy,

Not much going on today. Gotta vote so poll workers like Mel feel that they had a reason to come in to work today Today is weigh in day. : I hope I do ok. Not the best choices this week but I did try to round out the day in most cases. That's one of the nice things about this WW points system - you can have a not so great meal but ruin the entire day. So easy to fall off the edge and get into bad habits - can't let that happen.

I am enjoying my coffee with Peppermint Mocha flavored creamer. Yum. I love Coffeemate's holiday flavorings. Pumpkin Spice with Pumpkin Spice coffee tomorrow. C'mon over and I'll pour you a cup.

Y'all are right - asparagus is stinky

There's an ad to the right of my screen - make your own Swinky (doll). Geez it's been years and years since I've seen paper dolls. I remember drawing clothes and making our own "fashions". What innocent and creative fun we had before electronics came on the scene.

Book club tonight too. I only read half the book "The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant or something like that. All the online book clubs were gushing over it. It was okay but not a page turner for me. Perhaps because it's based on the bible and I never read the bible so it doesn't have that much relevance for me.

Better get on with the day. Have a good one.

Take a day to yourself and rest up Shad - you've had a whirlwind, very busy week. Mel - don't wear yourself out at the polls. Hope you're feeling better Ceejay. Love to the rest of the chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:49 AM   #228  
Smackin' into a Wall

Not much happening here. I have hurt my heel some time in the last couple of weeks. The pain comes and goes Ė but it seems to be bad first thing in the morning. I started on the treadmill this morning but had to stop and move onto the bike instead. At least I got a workout in. Facing the fact that my heel will hurt less when I am 30 lbs lighter. So, Iím writing everything that goes into my mouth down today. The first step to recovery is admitting I have a problem.

Shad ~ Think you earned a rest. Enjoy!

Happy good luck on the weight-in. Remember, donít get discouraged no matter what the outcome. Itís only one week. Good on you for voting! Re those rugsÖ wonder how expensive shipping would be? I take it your DHís Fender is electric? How terrific he has something he loves to do. You are so right Ė what is the point for living if you canít have a few treats now and then? I think we forget that sometimes in the round of bills and responsibilities. That reminds me - my Mom inherited a 1953 Gibson Les Paul from my brother when he passed away. I really should arrange to have it sold. It is too good a guitar to be sitting in a closet gathering dust, and Iím a strictly acoustic girl myself.

Ceejay~ Working out while watching TV is a great idea. Hope it was a good one.

Mel~ I canít believe you have finished your Xmas shopping. Man I admire people who do this Ė but I canít even think about that kind of stuff until December. Have a good election day.

Holly~ You sound so upbeat. I am sure your event will go well. It sounds interesting. Donít take your parentís disinterest too hard. You donít need their approval. You are great without it.

To my American friends, donít forget to vote today. You donít earn the right to complain if you donít participate. I have to get back to work. I havenít put in my resignation yet and wonít do so until I have an actual contract in my hot little hand. When I do Iíll let my boss decide my departure date. I could just finish up this contract and not start the renewal, but Iíll let her make that call. I could use a couple of days off to tell the truth. Iím really tired out.

Wave to all!!
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #229  

Morning all,

Despite the fact that I was tired yesterday, I woke up every two hours through the night so ain't feeling that crash hot today either. But today is the last day in the house so there are lots of things to do. Packing, cleaning, clearing the fridge, getting the puss cat around to DS2's place. Sorting out the bills etc. etc. etc.
DB2 has my car for the day while his is off being serviced so there is no excuse not to work around the house. Looks like we might get a little more rain. My sister the rainmaker gave us a couple of good heavy falls while she was here and some of the rain even made the dams and put in 30ml plus catchment area. She tells me she also does earthquakes, but we passed on that experience. We want the ground damp not moved.

What are you all voting for?? Is this State elections or Federal? And Madcat is right - not vote, no complaints - so get out there and just do it.

Happy - the ad to the right of my screen is for Zooba books. But yes I remember the cardboard cut out dolls which you dressed for different occasions. And I sometimes made them a new outfit - you're right we had to use our imaginations for games and things back then. Now you just exercise the fingers to make things move on the keyboard - oh yes they use the finger for other things too, usually something they don't appreciate. I have to agree with Madcat - if the loss is anywhere near like last week, it will be fantastic, but it may not be. Isn't it good when you don't ruin everything just because you have one bad day! Good luck on the weigh-in.

to everyone else. I'll be back for a last post before I leave early tomorrow morning. Then I'll be off for a couple of days while I drive the 1414 km necessary to get there. The sooner I start on the packing the sooner I get finished I guess. Have a good day out there.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I will be lurking for a couple of days. I'm spending way to much time on the computer and not enough time doing other things.

Have a good day/night.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:54 AM   #231  
Radiate self!

Default Empty headed

Sorry, haven't much to say/share. Feeling like one odd owl again. Could explain why I enjoyed the X-men movies I got from the library Sexy mutants anyone?! Hugh Jackman I saw lots of eagles today, three or more per tree all along the river. Quite a sight seeing so many just perched there. You can't miss those huge white heads and regal bodies. The river is real low right now so they are just feasting on the poor salmon trying to get to their baby streams.

Mel-I trust you took the election stuff with good humour and smiled. Jaccuzi tub for you and a nice sauna. Tomorrow is another day!

Shad-Safe travel :good vibes: Congratulations on your party success, take a bow. Your planning and secret manoveurs all played out beautifully.

Holly-Rock out baby! Matchstix rule! Have you heard Rob Thomas' solo cd? Totally fabulous. Best of good energy for all you have to do. I hope the kids have finished off all the Halloween candy and are back to carrot sticks and melon slices I had some of my kids stuff but left most of it for them to devour and you know what? they got bored of it and we still have bags of chips and some candy left... the power of manderin oranges

Happy-How was WW? Did you surprise yourself? Were there others at the book club who couldn't get through the book? Mmm, on the coffee minty flavours... you drink the most enticing stuff

Madcat-owie! Heel pain when you want to be walking is not nice. Good that you could get on the bike and exercise that way. My problems are in my head and are hiding. I figure if I ever find them the fat will just melt away. Good luck, I hope the writing it all down triggers an ah ha moment

Ceejay- lurkerdom is my preferred status at all times. Be free from the computer, be at one with the real world. Go ahead, radiate self

Carla, Teel, Linus, PainterWoman, Rose, Tig, LindaT, Raventoy, Javaturtle, Jennifer, RuthXXX, Honeydipped, Lisa and all the chicks at sea
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:08 AM   #232  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Well the Democrats control the house and it's still undecided whether or not they will control the Senate.
If they get both houses we can hope that they will use the power wisely and not abuse it. My area in NJ is very Democratic so all went out to party last night. I only made it from 6:30 am to almost 6:30 pm before I got sick on some MSG in the macaroni salad. I really could have used a BIG CORK!! Someone else had to do the final count for the Mayor and then lock up.
No food shopping today. It's raining and I am all "peopled" out. Just resting.

Ceejay~ I had a laugh at the "hotspots" cause I call them that too. Guess we really are flybabies! Happy lurking!! I know the feeling. Sometimes it is just a necessary thing.

Meadow~ I ove the eagle programs. Their wingspan is what takes my breath away. Must be an unbelievable feeling to see them up close and personal!! Happy lurking to you also!!

Happy~ Yes....it's beginning to look A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS....EVERYWHERE YOU GO....LA LA LA

It was quite a shock to find an entire department in Walmart's packed with Xmas stuff and another dept loaded with Xmas home decor!!!
I love pumpkin so save me some too!! don't forget the little umbrellas!!!!

Shad~ Are you properly rested and packed up????
Is Sunday's stuff packed too???? Or is DS cat sitting??
Our elections were for the Senate, Governors etc so it was State. Lots of changes but it might all end up in the ****ter anyway. We'll have to be patient and see if they will actually change anything. The Pres and his VP are saying it's going to be business as usual no matter who wins. We'll see who'w right Hope you have a safe trip and we can chat when you get settled in.

Madcar~ I hope the heel feels better. Is it what they call a spur?? Happy "RECOVERY" also!! I cheated yesterday and paid dearly. sitting all night in the loo is not what I thought I'd be doing on the end of Election night
Sending good thoughts for the resiganation and the new contract! Hope you get some time between jobs too
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #233  

Can't stop, running late already, I'm off on my travels, won't be back for 4 or 5 days. Have fun and be good.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #234  
Smackin' into a Wall

Drive safe Shad!!!!
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #235  

Meadow~ you are a sweet odd owl!! Today I am listening to Bon Jovi's Greatest hits.

I have talked to over 10 people today with blinding headaches. Myself and DS included. Major fog and low pressure.
I am taking DD to a literacy thing at the school and then to the church for a meeting. DH will pick her up there for bed on their way home from hockey.

My big Holiday Entertaining event is tomorrow night. I have all my stuff ready to go. Speech written and the MC stuff prepped. I need to go and print handouts after my breakfast meeting tomorrow.

Feeling a little anxious but I have done all I can to get ready. The rest is up in the air.

Be safe Shad.
HUGS all!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #236  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Have a safe trip Shad it won't be the same without you while you're gone. Boy you barely had time to catch your breath from all the work of the party and off you go ****whoosh!!

Mel, I am a blue person living in a red state tho it seems like my side of the state is more open minded and decides on the issues and candidates rather than blindly following what they are told to do. My candidate did very well here but lost by a very narrow margin. I even made DH get out and vote. I am glad to see that the Dems took control of both the House and the Senate. To people like my DH who say what was the purpose of voting if your candidate lost - well I think last night's election sent a very STRONG message to the Government about what we the people (who they are supposed to be representing) are thinking. And with that, I hope we see some much needed positive change. And enough with the sex scandals too, ok? I step down now Did you make it through an intense day without wearing yourself out too much? Maybe a few quiet days are in order to get your focus back.

Wow Meadow, your list of all past visitors to the thread reminded me of many people. Kind of like on the TV show Survivor when the last 2 remaining contestants walk the path and remember those who have passed before them in the game. We have seen many people come through this way since we started this thread way back in 2002. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Did you get some of your to do list taken care of CeeJay?

I am down another pound at Weight Watchers which I am grateful for as I did have a few episodes of not the best eating. One night I got back from the grocery store late and had planned chicken pot pies for us with a small salad. After I started to eat mine, I got up to check the points. Dear God it was just about ALL the points I was allotted for the day! I debated about just tossing the thing out but I didn't have anything else to substitute and that old thing about wasting food was nagging me. Besides I had eaten about 1/3 of it when I checked. Those and the breakfast sandwiches - egg and sausage are banished from my shopping cart now.

I do admit that I weighed my clothes yesterday morning. I do have a standard "weigh in" outfit - generic black dress pants, white short sleeved turtleneck that I can pair with several sweaters and jackets. Yesterday I had a very different outfit I really wanted to wear. The clothes were much heavier. I thought I was imagining it so I decided to weigh them. After all I didn't feel I had a good week in the first place, didn't want to give up anything to clothes. Good thing I did. The outfit I was going to wear was an entire pound more than my standard outfit. So the black pants and white top went on with a red sweater and a black, white and red scarf. I guess it pays to be consistent. And I don't know why the new rule but you can't weigh in stocking feet - even with thick socks. You have to have something on your feet so a few of the girls bring those throw away paper slippers you get from a pedicure. I decided I'm just going to stick with my regular shoes. One of the girls in the group mentioned that they have exercise on demand shows on the cable channel. I checked it out and they sure do - 20 to 30 minute shows on a variety of topics - pilates, yoga, tai chi and some new thing that's a martial arts spin off I never heard of. So I swiped my yoga mat from DH's "music" room and I'm off to get in a short pilates workout with some before bed yoga stretches. I was very happy to see that. The good news is they change the programs twice a month, the bad news is that if you like a particular program, it might get replaced in a few weeks. I also have a few PUSH dvds that are begging to be used.

I've got a brutal headache right now but I'm sure I can get through the routine without making it worse.

Goodnight chicks, talk to you tomorrow.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just in to say hello. I've been cleaning house and it's finally clean.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:17 PM   #238  
Suzi in Auz

Hello the house!
I have been very MIA and busy to boot. Have not even been in to lurk. I have enjoyed having a lovely read over the day here at work and you really have all beeen so busy.
I will start with all my news.
My visitor has been here all week and it's been a blur. DF ( dear friend) is a really nice person and been through her fair share. We have chatted about so much over the hours of time together.
I have struggled a little this week. DF is not really that easy going. I will ask her what she would like to do for the day and she would say "I'm easy!" No she is not. She has a set agenda but doesn't tell me what it is. I have been taxiing about and asking where to go but she has been very keeen to see "stuff" and not really keen on just hanging out. I guess it's her first trip over and I am used to having friends here who want to do both sites and us but are happier when we are just sitting at home on the front varendah!
Oh well, i have learned a little. We have been busy, city, mall, zoo, blue mountains...dinners and movies.
one lovely bonus has been her DD and mine get on so well! There is 2 years between them but you would never know. They are very much kindreds. I have allowed my DD to stay off schoool for a couple of days as a treat and she has loved it. I notice the day DD went to school my friends DD missed her....nice! I think there have been some very special bonds formed there and they will be sad to say goodbye.
I have been a little worried this week DH has been complaining of headaches for a couple of months now. They just won't go away and he is tired of taking pain relief. He felt there may be something wrong and he made an appointment at the Drs. It is quite something if he makes an appointment as there really must be something worrying him. He has had blood tests and a CAT scan and is waiting on results. One thing that was picked up is his blood pressure is quite high and he has upped his exercise. Hopefully it will something as simple as this.
Tonight we are out for tea as adults which will be nice and then one more sleep. I am free. I don't usually feel like this when I have visitors but I think we have had a few lately and as DH reminds me I have one more month left of it eeeeeeeeeek!
Tomorrow DD is dancing her heart out at her end of year performance. It will be all hands on deck with hair and make-up. Which reminds me I need to go and look for some curling things for tomorrow. Just DH and I are going. On Sunday she has a "shopping spree!" planned with some friends. She is keen to spend some of her birthday money. It looks like I will be the chaperone and taxi driver.
I haven't been that good at the Gym this week, just 3 x , not the usual 5. We will try to up the anty and I will try to get some focus when visitors are gone, ready for new visitors.
I am working full time for the next few weeks as my boss is on annual leave. She needs someone to hold the fort and look as though they are busy. i can do that and I might even be able to catch up with my reading. I think it will probably be a busy time.

ok....
ceejay....yaaah on a clean house. i hope the side feels better soon and the Dr has some answers. Now get off the computer

Happy... WTG on 6 pounds lost. That is fantastic. You are doing so well. How great to have a guide when you are eating. I know how you feel about throwing stuff away when you find out the "true" points. I felt like that when i found out there were 7 cals in every M&M! Yaaay on the new fender finding a home. OUr kids just love their guitars and it is fun listening to them all as long as they have some sort of unison. It's usually 3 different tunes at 3 different volumes, trying to out do each other.
Shad ( i know you will be reading this in a couple of days.) It sounds like all the festivities went off with a bang! how wonderful. You no doubt are exhausted with all the running around and organsing and now you have to travel all that way. I hope everything goes so well with the move. we will hear from you soon.
Mel.... I know you were dying to put our Christmas decorations up around here. I don't mind as I love them. I snuck one in see. Christmas stuff is everywhere, it makes you panick a little. I am not sure when we will be celebrating this year, my parents and brother, SIL and little neice are all coming in Dec so maybe early this year. Hope your aches and pains ease...ouch. Your cape sounds lovely....what a special person Fran is. We have all been watching the elestions. it willb e interesting to see how it all pans out. I do hope that what ever happens there will some serious changes made.

Holly Christmas already! wow. that is early. Yes parents can dissapoint us. i have been here in Aus nearly 3 years and have heard from my parents only when they need something, never a little chat in the week. They won't change.
Meadow Eagles....lovely. Theya re beautiful birds. I still get excited when a cuckatoo rests on our pool fence. They have become so friendly now.
Have the kids written their Christmas lists yet?
Madcat That is excellent news on the job front. How very exciting for you. Things do worl out well in the end don;t they? Good for you on deciding to fess up to yourself. Like you said first step and baby steps at that. One foot infront of the other! Congrats on the 6 month mark. That is fantastic.

Hugs to everyone...really must post as I have been logged out so many times. Have wonderful weekends.
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #239  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

All! I did a very long post and then closed the wrong window. It was my own fault. So. Just wanted to say HEY!!! Will try to recreate it later!!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #240  
Radiate self!

Holly-thank you for the sweet description How did the big event go over? Did you speak out loud and clear, with authority and panache? Gosh, you and hubby both have headaches... stop doing whatever it is and breathe, open a window. Take good care.

Suzi- Good energy for the visitors which want you to read their minds Amazing that you got to the gym at all when you have so much else on your mind. I hope your husband's headaches are figured out and it is something simple and an easy fix. I apologize for not including you in my previous post, I said tons in my head

Shad-I hope you are safely in place and making everything perfect for yourself. How is the new position? people? any surprises? good ones I hope

Mel-I was in Sears and just started singing Jingle bells while looking at all the Christmas decorations, my husband shushed me but I was smiling I hope you have recovered and are doing the grocery shop for the weekend today.

Happy- Well done on the weight watchers, weighing in on the downward motions Feels good? I know I think about all the chicks who have passed through and stopped posting. I wonder if they know we miss hearing how they are doing. Nobody is ever forgotten, Ahana!

Ceejay-Marvelous, all clean! Do you ever watch that british program "how clean is your house?" My kids pretend to be Aggie and tsk, tsk and take the vinegar and water bottle to the walls and wipe up all their finger prints in the hallways. Too wonderful! I have budding little white tornados in my midst

Tig- OMG! don't you hate it when a post vaporizes, loose fingers or computer glitch, it just makes your heart sink Looking forward to hearing what you are up to when you get a chance to try again

Madcat-heel improved? did you go to the doctor? Did you email the boss about the job change? How is that going? Is everything a go?
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote