Old 11-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #211  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

There is a delightful young bloke chopping onion and garlic as we speak. Never done this before he said. Have you eaten it before I ask. Yes he said. So now you can appreciate how much effort goes into getting the dish ready for you consumption, I say. Yersssss says he.

Shad I just LOVE your style!!!! Have a wonderful time at the party - both organizing and as a hostest with the mostest
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #212  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Shad you are cracking me up ans knowing your voice from the phone, I can actually hear you doing this!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Ceejay I am sorry to hear about the side pain. Hope the Dr can help you. Sending good wishes. I am beginning myself to really HATE elections of any kind. This year all the elections across the country were down and dirty.
Shame Shame Shame!

Happy~ I see your crunches continue!! Good for you!! They must be helping with the loss and good to keep moving!

The saga of the arms continues. After laundry, shopping and cleaning....I can feel the inflammation has spread down to my thumb now.
Of course it is the right side. Making me use the left which doesn't feel it should be doing all the work and will soon go on strike itself!
So last night I put pain patches on and did nothing. Thank God the election work is all verbal. My mouth still works!! Time on the PC will be very limited now so If I can't comment a lot this week forgive me.
Happy Weekend.
to all our chicks!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #213  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

All I can say is that elections are different down here. I can't believe the amount of money that these 2 candidates for senate are spending on prime time TV commercials. Lots and lots of money. However I will say that based on what I've seen, it has decided my vote. Now if I could only figure out where to vote and when the polls are open! Will be my first time voting here and I can't believe how difficult it is - even with internet searches to get the polling information. I have found out where to vote and when the polls close but not when they open! And I guess it would be better to get there early tho perhaps it will be quieter in the early afternoon. Perhaps I can sneak out early and get there during a lull time. I actually should have voted early.

Miss Mel - you rest up because even tho you might be mostly using your mouth, it will still be a very long day for you on Tuesday. Can't have you all wracked up for weeks on end over 1 day's worth of work.

Sorry to hear about the pains Ceejay, I hope they find the cause and soon. You inspired me to make some oatmeal too - yum yum.

So Shad, was the party on Saturday - I can't remember. If so by now it's over - how was it? Was the DB surprised? Was the food as delicious as it sounded? Details when you have had time to recover from the whirlwind of activities and guests.

I'm off to return the tile samples and look for something else for the kitchen and bath. Hellos to the rest of the chicks - enjoy your weekend
Old 11-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Not much going on today. I've rested just about all week end and now need to jump start my engine to get things done.

I did talk to my sister this morning to see if her plans are to come for Thanksgiving. They are. She has had more responsibility put on her at work.
Can't wait to see them. I hope she can talk my nephews into coming also.

It's time to get started.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #215  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

The party is over,
Time to call it a day
Tra la la la etc.

We had a great time. I overcatered but hey I always overcater. DNS (of the garlic and onion conversion earlier) ate most of the potato salad and now wants the recipe. His Mother and I looked at each other and shrugged. We tried to remember the things that went into it but we are test kitchen cooks - you know the variety - slosh it in and wait for the miracle! In other words we have no idea.
The weber pork went down a treat. Within minutes there was none left over. My friend Chris from down the road missed out. The chicken and fish only had a bit left and when I left the fish was beginning to resemble those cartoon fish skeletons you see on the 'box'. When I look at it, it was basically healthy stuff - lots of green and mixed salads, cheese and meat. In fact when I think back now, the sausages were the most uneaten stuff. We will be eating curried snags for days! Oh and the cheese and fruit platter. They were all so full that we didn't even bother with those. And come to think of it, ideas for most of it apart from the meat came from vegetarian cookbooks.
DSIL and DB1's trifle and apple pie didn't last either. My friend Chris from down the road was first in line for the trifle having missed out of the pork.

Today most of the cousins are going to Australia Zoo, home of the Crocodile Hunter. Us oldies will gather to reminisce and look at the photos. Cor it was like being a celebrity - all those flashlights going off. I'll put them in an album later today and invite you all to come see. They will probably only remain as a public album for a very short time as I don't need any of the perverts out there downloading our happy snaps thank you very much.

DB2 was completely surprised and a bit overwhelmed. I had told him I was inviting a few of my friends because I owed them dinners and when he saw me talking to a couple of people down the back, he didn't take much notice - he was too busy sorting out the family members. Then when he got up to me, he gave me a hug, looked at the friends waiting for an intro and then did a double take and said #$#$#$# @#$%^ what are you lot doing here. The occasion finally dawned on him. He was a bit overwhelmed with his gift as well. All in all it went down well.

Ceejay - hope that pain goes away very soon and they find out what it is. No fun in being in pain. I see you have your measurements on your siggy now. It's a good way of keeping track.

Mel - rest up those muscles and bones. We do not want you sick again. Elections will go on for ever - even if you are not there to help out, so don't bust a gut trying to help when you least have the energy and strength.

So now it is on to another day of revelry and debauchery. Then on Monday it is mostly all over and I can concentrate and getting ready to go to Townsville. There is a bit to do I guess - how unusual.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #216  
Smackin' into a Wall

Morning all. And a fine morning it seems to be though it might be hard to tell since the sun isn't up yet.

So it looks as if I will be changing jobs. I met with the technology lead at the Other Bank on Friday and almost before I got back to my desk after lunch I got a call from the HR department making me an offer. I have to fax off some paper work. The only thing I feel slightly stressed about is telling my current boss. I did sign a renewal on my current contract… but the old one doesn't end until November 20th. It probably makes sense to just revoke the new contract. The only problem is my boss is on Florida at a security conference so I'm going to have to do it over the phone or by email –and I would rather do it in person. And of course that all pervasive fear that I am a complete fraud and I'm not going to be able to cope with the new job

Yesterday we went to the in-laws for lunch and came back via IKEA and Home Depot. I wanted to buy a new area rug to use some gift certificates we had and to replace the horrible thing we have in the living room right now. IKEA had nothing (other than obnoxious crowds), but we found something nice at Home Depot: all sort of muted blues and ochre and greens in big overlapping rectangles. It will look neat with the furniture and wall colours we already have. So today will be a puttering around the house day. I have to dig a set of heavy curtains out of a box in storage to hang in the solarium, hoping that will help keep in the heat for the winter. Hopefully, they will fit and not be too heavy for the existing curtain rod. There are CFL football quarter-final games on TV this afternoon, including Winnipeg vs my beloved Argos, so I'll be on the couch for part of the day.

Shad~ I am glad the party went so well and the DB was surprised and excited. It sounded as if the party took on a life of its own. So rewarding to put all that effort in and have it go off so well. And it is really nice that the surprise part of it worked out too. Good on ya! You are the ringmaster and the circus performance was a success with the crowds. Curried snags, though? Are sausages, "snags"? And you would curry them? K. Well, guess it beats cutting them up and stirring 'em into Kraft Dinner. What kinds of stuff do you have to do to get ready for Townsville?

Ceejay~ How nice you will be with family at Thanksgiving. Hope you feel better.

Happy~ Darn, your comments on your election difficulties reminded me that I should have gone yesterday to vote early in the mayoral elections here. Oh poo. Elections must be the same everywhere – wait to vote after work and that will involve long line-ups. Good for you for going out to vote!! Hey, if nothing else it gains you the right to complain later.

Mel~ I agree with you. People should be ashamed for using underhanded tactics in elections. I guess they feel they can't win in on just the issues… but it is sickening to hear some of the things said. Oh mel look after yourself. I wish they could perfect the whole verbal to keyboard technology just to spare your shoulders.

OK, I could write more but I best get a start on. We have no milk in the house for coffee so I am going to go throw on some sweats and lace up my "trainers" and go do a power walk, picking up some milk on the way back. You all have inspired me and I am determined to shift this weight once and for all. Of course, this will also allow the DH to sleep in a bit. Poor dear, he has been sick all week and couldn't even stay home since his company's servers were hit with some mystery virus and he felt had to be there to fight fires. Just realized today is our 6 month anniversary. Wow, time flies…

So hi to all the other chicks and have a great day all.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #217  
Happy September

Happy Sunday/Monday!! Hope everyone is enjoying
their weekend and it sounds like you all are.
Santa Claus came early and bought me a lovely wool blend cape with buttons and faux fur trim on the hood and arm holes. I admired one in the office and Fran went out and bought it for me. Refused my $$ and I know it was more than she should be spending. She is a sweet and giving kid and I must remember how I talk in front of her.This wheelchair has a profound effect on her and I keep forgetting. Fran is VERY sensitive to other's feelings......
she's a Pisces like me!
I am wearing it to the store tomorrow. I need some giftwrap paper and my meds are cheaper there too. also richie's kids will be here for Xmas. It looks official now. toys are cheap there too. xmas shopping is finished. I even got free shipping on the other stuff I bought on the internet.
Time to rest up a bit. Heavy week. Monday/Walmarts, Tuesday/Election, Wednesday/Food shop...... sometime it just works out this way. One bus is back in the shop too so I cannot pick and choose!!

Ceejay~ good to hear the sis will be there for Thanksgiving. Does she stay with you or in Paragould?
Hope the week goes well for you and the pain disappears too!!

Shad~ Oh I am so glad that it all went so well. The food sounded great!! A tear came to my eye when you spoke of his reaction. Bet it did for him too. What a great way to celebrate his BD.
A job well done my South Eastern Sister!!

Happy~ Hope you are alredy registered!! You and DH can always come up here and vote by me!!!
I was thinking about you.....our garbage men are complaining about how the neighbors are putting out their trash in the wrong receptacles!! STILL! I almost typed testicles!!! Must be a Freudian moment!!!
Anyway........Early voting is best. I love the quiet time!!

Madcat~ Happy 6 month Anniversary!! Where DID the time go???? It seems like only yesterday you were a single cat on the prowl. TV and a couch sound great. maybe I'll get into my recliner one. good idea!! Make some popcorn too....air-popped that is.
Hope it all works out well with the old boss and the new job. Good luck!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #218  

Morning all
Madcat--
The first I heard of IKEA was in Dallas last summer. For some one getting started that would be a good place to go.

Mel
Get into that chair and prop your feet up with your pop corn. If you need any thing ring that little bell and I'll be on my way. My sisters will be staying with me in Paragould. My aunt and uncle want them to stay with them also.
They have a huge house.

I'm at work today. I'm down another pound. I'm on a quest for 176 by Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if that is doable but I'm trying.
While I'm at the computer I need to start posting the week end day sheets.
Yesterday for exercise I raked the yard. My upper back is sore today.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #219  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks

Madcat, I really like your new avatar! Happy 6 month anniversary. Boy time sure does fly, seemed like only 2 months ago you were getting married. Talking about rugs you reminded me that we have 3 up in storage on the top floor. We mostly have rugs in the house which I would rather replace with laminate flooring some day. I like the area rugs we have but there's no place to put them in this house. One of them my mom really admired, I wonder if we could fit it into the SUV and take it back over Christmas Of course I don't want to ride 600 miles with a rug end sticking in my face either. As for changing jobs - well good for you. There was a time not very long ago that I would have said to honor your renewal but hey, times have changed. Companies no longer have the loyalty to their employees that they once did so you really have to do what is in your own best interest with no guilt. Yay for you for going out for a Powerwalk BEFORE you had your morning coffee even. Hope the DH feels better.

Hi Mel - ooooh the new cape sounds gorgeous. Just in time for the cooler weather so you can show it off. How nice of Fran to think of you! So you're a Pisces ?? I 'm a Taurus. I don't think we're supposed to get along boxing:

Shad, I guess for some the reaction to a surprise is swearing. My mom did the same thing when we yelled SURPRISE when she walked into the room. :LOL: Glad everyone had a great time. Sounds like you catered just right by the sound of things and the lack of leftovers and the speed in which the food disappeared! Hope you had time for a last bit of fun before everyone leaves and you have to turn your attentions to the drudgery of making a living again.

Ceejay - that's wonderful that your sister is coming for Thanksgiving. Looks like we will be spending Thanksgiving by ourselves. That's ok, Christmas is just around the corner. Yes, I said the dreaded word

I should get off the computer - had several conversations with the DH this morning and I'm behind in my schedule as usual for a Sunday. Have to go get the toes done, get some healthy groceries back in here - I have not done well on program this week for lack of the right foods. And I should get the minutes out from our homeowners association meeting and OMG - I think book club is Tuesday and I'm only half through the book. Although I think the person hosting FORGOT she is hosting as we have not received notices yet.

On with the day... hello to you lurkers.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #220  
Choose your hard

Good morning,

Another weekend flown by. Where does the time go? I can't believe we're into November already. Today's a rainy one and kind of cool. One of those days where the fallen leaves are wet and slick and if you're not careful you'll go slip sliding away. I sure wish I worked a 3 or 4 day week instead of full time. Always seems Monday's remind me of all the things I should have done on Sunday but didn't.

I'm a little nervous about weigh in tomorrow. I didn't exactly stick to points completely last week as we were eating what was around until I got to the grocery store this weekend. All is in order now in the cupboard but even I'm smart enough to know that you can't make up for in 2 days what you've taken a week to mess up. We'll see what the tale of the tape tells tomorrow.

DH bought himself a guitar. A nice Fender (brand) guitar. He's ALWAYS wanted one and when we went back to Chicago he was helping my nephew learn to play my BIL's guitar. I guess it stirred up the bug in him. He debated about buying one but heck, what's the sense in being a grown up if you have to work every day but can't get what you really want? So the "exercise room" is doing double duty as the music room too. Perhaps he can seranade me on the treadmill No blues please, I need some rock to get me steppin' lively

And that this morning is all the news that's fit to print. Happy Monday ladies.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #221  

Just jumping in . I will try to catch up with a tea and read this aft!

Meadow- I have been dancing around the house with you for 2 days. I treated myself to a Matchbox 20 cd on Saturday and I haven't stopped playing it yet.

Still decluttering my life from daycare. Steam cleaned all the rugs on Friday.

Merry Christmas!!!!! Oh, I did listen to my Elvis Christmas CD yesterday too.
Well, Christmas was Merry and festive!!!! 19 of DH’s family came, partied and went yesterday. The kitchen is clean. 4 pairs of hands make light work.I got some new measuring spoons in my stocking which I needed.Lots of left overs!!

Stayed up late and watched Studio 60 and Brothers and Sisters but needed the quiet time to myself. It is a LOT of work cooking and getting the house ready for a Christmas dinner/day. It was very nice tho.

I got a disappointing email from my own mother. Trying not to be hurt. I have an event on Thursday that is my brain child and I am MCing it. My mom and dad were invited. They only live 20 min away and dont have other plans but are not coming.As always it would have been nice to have their support, interest, caring..................
As a parent, even if my children were grown, I cannot imagine not going to see them do something important to them...like public speakng. My in laws come to every single one of DS’s hockey games and all of the nephews games, DD’s gymnastics and my neices dancing. Sometimes they are at 3 games a day all over SW Ontario. They never are not involved in anything DH does.
I have written it down and letting it go!

We forgot to help DS finish his homework on Saturday. Got him and got it completed. He had 2 pages of math to do.
This is a BIG week for me. I need to prep 335 brochures, make an order form and write a cover letter for a fundraising for a shcool AND on Thurs day evening I am cochairing and MCing and presenting at a new event at our Town Hall called Holiday Entertaining Made Easy...showcasing rural businesses and what they can offer for the holidays. I am WORKING on Tuesday too.
I need to get product priced for sale,display stuff ready for display, brochures ready,write my presentation, prep my “speech” for opening an closing the event........... AND we have a BIG meeting at church on Wed. We are coming close to hiring a new minister and also make some big changes for our 3 point charge.

The bottom line is , it is busy but so much more peaceful and light hearted around here. Lovin' it!!!

Just took a nice 20 min soak in the tub.
Cleared some cobwebs. Still need to eat breaky. I think oatmeal. Clear some of the gunk I ate yesterday out of my system. Driking water and lemon.
Monday's List
Call customers-re orders
call Michaelanne
call Traci
Mrs Jones at 1:45
School Council Agenda-meeting at 7pm
prep brochures
make up order sheet for fundraiser-email Pauline- print labels for brochures
call Marilyn
stuff to Charlene
groceries- milk, cat food
left overs for supper
put away platters and big pots
price product for Thurs
arrange to pick up display stuff from another rep
call about DD going to literacy night with another family on Wed

LOVE to the chicks!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #222  

3 pages of catching up done. HUGS, chuckles, pats on the back and WOWS!!!! Telepathically sent thru cyber space.
Coffee break is done.

Be Happy!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #223  
Happy September

Happy~ good luck with the book night!
maybe you should get those cheat books that summarize Serenading is good!!! fingers crossed for the weigh-in!! I wonder if I could fit in the SUV.....I promise not to put my smelly feet in your face!!!

Madcat~ I too love the avatar!! didn't notice it till Happy said something LOL Hope DH is feeling better today!
any more news on quitting via e-mail or phone? Keeping good thoughts in my mind for you!

Ceejay~ Congratulations on all these pounds leaving your body!!! You are definitely on a roll girl!!
I am happy to hear the house is a big one.....wonder how many times I would have to stop and recharge before I got there?!?

I finished the Xmas shopping. For the little kids I think I will give them gift cards to the Gap....they love clothes shopping and are older now. we'll see. I think I'll go to the Mall next week so I can sit in the bookstore and smell their books! I love that store!!! LOL
I am tired and going to watch TV in bed tonite. The grandson is visiting so he can have an early night too. Election day is a 12 hr one so I'll be back on Weds/Thurs. Depenmds if I go food shopping on Weds or not. Jen and Rich offered and I just might have to take them up on it.
Have a great week chickies and take good care o9f yourselves!

to all the lurkers!!
Old 11-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #224  

Mel--That's the reason I go to bookstores especially the ones that have a coffee shop. I get my high from smelling the fresh coffee. I also started my x-mas shopping last week end.

Happy- have fun tonight at the book club.

Holly--(hugs) concerning the parents not cominig to give you support. I know how you feel.

Last night was a productive night when I got home from work. I cleaned the kitchen, my bedroom and washed a load of clothes. I need to clean some hot spots tonight but first I'm watching the Bachelor. I may watch the Bachelor and ride the bike at the same time.

It's kinda boring today at work. The plant isn't running as much due to the much needed rain. I'm snacking more today also.

Hello to Madcat and Shad hope every thing is going well.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #225  
Choose your hard

Christmas dinner? Christmas shopping? Christmas IS 7 weeks away, isn't it? As in almost 2 months away? Or did I forget to change my calendar again?

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-07-2006 at 12:20 AM.