Old 10-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #166  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

home Madcat!!! So glad you had a great time!! Yes the world needs to learn portion control!! Good luck with the "saddle" job!!

Ceejay~ Cops looking for you!! How wonderful
Any cute construction workers??? Love to watch men at work. Hope you will be feeling better soon too!

Happy~ BYE BYE!!! Hope the party goes well and all have a great time. Safe trip and good luck with WW!!! I l.ike the u bite it, u write it.....good thing I don't have a BF anymore

Shad~ too pooped to pop?? Rest well in between jobs!!
Sounds like your money was well spent. Kudos to all you have accompolished so far.IKEA!!! CAN I GO TOOOO!!!! I have always wanted to go to one.

Meadow~ When these PIAs start knocking on my window I am moving out of town!!! I asked one of the big wigs that lives in another town if he'll get me an application!!! He said he'd LOVE me to move unto his Senior bldg(with a big grin).....I have decided to keep what I have
ps~ I have a mailbox outside my door for tenant stuff so they filled it up and nothing went under the door. Not one note said feel better soon!!

Suzi~ Glad you feel better and hope the party went well and the cupcakes are all gone.....this way I won't come and visit!!

Tig~ Congrats on the project!! I love to watch programs of the Florida keys. Such a delightful area. My DD loved it when she went. How are the thugs????

Holly~ happy unemployment!! Enjoy some down time and mellow out a bit.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:51 AM   #167  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,

First Happy - hope you have a good break, good party and a safe trip home. I did wish for a safe journey in my last post.

Welcome back Mel. Glad you are feeling well enough to post again. Good old Willy - long may there be blokes around like him.
We didn't get to Ikea's opening. There was estimated to be 30000 people trying to get into the store during the day of opening and the car park has space for 1300 only! We didn't feel lucky enough to get either a carpark or one of the opening giveaways so we didn't go. It's not that far down the road, we can go anytime really. Just get over here and I'll take you to Ikea for a day trip!!!!

I've been painting and sanding and more plastering flat out for the last couple of days. Always something to be completed. It's coming along, but the doubtfull wall in the hall will neet a lot of time and effort - but the rest looks brights and fresh. Yellow and white look nice together IMHO.

I've also been sorting out the party stuff. Took a big bin of non perishables around to DS2's place today. Things like nibblies, dips in jars, dried fruit stuff, insect repellents and candle repellents etc. Got the temptation of the chippies out of my house! The guest list is finalised and I have 5 pages of instructions to myself on the things I have to cook, do, pick up, buy, thaw, etc. etc. etc. It's nice to know that some things can be crossed off the list at last.

I was speaking to Teel this morning. She is fine and very busy with her Christmas card making. Seems they are going down quite well. Her hairdresser is selling a few for her and the rellies and the church people are coming out of the woodwork for her cards. Good for her. She has also bought a new car. It really is new car month for this group. I guess she will tell us all about it when she can get back into the site. She does have some problems with it from time to time.

And that's about it from me for the moment. I'd better go sort out some more things to do or clean or sweep or paint. It's getting a bit like the navy around here - if it moves, salute it. If it stays still - paint it. Oh well, one day all this will be over. I will be able to lounge around in the weekends and after work once more. Don't bet on it being anytime soon.

Wave to all.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:58 AM   #168  
Suzi in Auz

yoohoo Madcat. i see that little egg all aglow.
I might have miss you Happy but safe travels.
back Mel. Glad you are healing well. Nasty peoples not caring. i can't believe that NO one popped in to see if you were ok. hmmm.except for willy of course.

Ceejay...safe travels too.

Had a good weekend. 2 parties down. Looking forward to a relatively quiet week around here. Shad I hope all goes well with organising things. Not long now. It sounds as though you have things all under control. IKEAS are an interesting concept. We have them here in Sydney. When we first came over I liked them but now...hmmm. I like some of their ideas. Freedom is more me.
I do understand the European concept of them tho. I am reading a book at the moment about France. The couple mentioned are living in Lyon. They rented an unfurnished apartment. This meant nothing, no kitchen cupboards, no cooker, stove, fridge, only a kitchen sink! Amazing but the Europenas often do this, they renovate and take it ALL with them. you can see the kitset concept would work.

Ok I am rambling a little. I will comment later on the parties. DD loved hers. I am a little over 11 year old girls tho, esp 15 of them. It only takes one and yes there was ONE! more on that later.

Love to all and pleasant dreams to some.

Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #169  
Smackin' into a Wall

Spent all of yesterday paper mache-ing the dragon's head for the Hallowe'en thing at work. My back hurts and the stupid thing looks more like a cow than a dragon. I am hoping I can do something with the paint effects. Remind me to never volunteer for something like this again. On the other hand, I realized it would be fun to be able to toodle away on little art projects for myself and that the Solarium works well as a workroom. I'll just pick projects on a much smaller scale.

Mel~ So lovely to see you back.

Shad ~ You must be in the home stretch with the home repairs. Cool. I was trying to make it to IKEA yesterday too, but highway closures got in the way. There is a great satisfaction in making that list smaller. Mounting that party like a successful project, it seems.

Happy~ Hope you are having a terrific trip. Was she surprised?? I hope it was fun and you enjoy every moment. I like the "you bite it, you write it", too. Good advise.

Tig~ Congrats on your implementation victory! Just when you think it will never end, there ya go. Are you feeling a bit of "post project blues"? A nice frivolous trip with few responsibilities sounds terrific. What will you do with all this free time?

Meadow~ Oh gold and red for the dragon would be a great idea, but I'm afraid it's just green. And you are right - I should have worn gloves. I have some impressive scrapes on my wrists. I'm wearing them like badges of honour.

Ok, it is early in the morning and the sound of the wind woke me up. It seems to be shaping up to be a wicked day out. Good day to stay inside. I'll be the idiot painting the cow head.

Wave to everyone.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:10 AM   #170  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Suzi~ On the other side of the world I agree with your IKEA comments. I have an awful lot of IKEA bookcases in my place, but I don't think I'd do a whole place in their offerings. I don't really like all their furniture stylings... maybe it is the fact that it is a tad too European and too minimal that makes it not really fit my style. On the other hand, it is a good place for people who have to fill an entire place with not a lot of $$$... but you do get what you pay for. Great cheap housewares, though. I bought the vases I used at my wedding reception there.

Ok, it must be a slow weekend if you only have two parties to go to You are our social butterfly.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #171  
Happy September

Oh Madcat I just got a bit sentimental when you said "wedding reception". Sometimes I forget the BF is a DH!!! How wonderful. Enjoy painting the cow head and you really ought to take a picture of the final outcome.
Inquiring minds need to know these things.

Shad~ I feel the excitement building! I can hardly wait to see what he says!! Good thing I am motorized or you would be painting me as well! I'll let you know when I am ready for an Ikea day!! I am wondering when all the painting etc is done, if you will actually be able to sit still and reap the fruits of your labors!!! My Gram would call you a Johnny Jump Up!!

Suzi~ Why is there always one in every crowd?? Sometimes I make the seniors laugh with that. If more than one person "starts" I tell them ...you can't do that because so and so has that spot!! They usually crack up and SHUT UP!! Too bad it wouldn't work with kids Whatever will you do now to fill the days without party preparations?

Our clocks went back an hour so of course I awoke at the "normal" time. Not knowing what else to do that is quiet, I turned on the PC.
Trying to figure out moderation with my shoulders (it's really the whole top half) is being a right pain in the arse!!! I mean like what can I do that does not require their cooperation?
Can you tell I am not the complacent, easy going disabled person?! At times I feel it is a very cruel twist for someone like me that has so many ideas and opportunities to do stuff for others!! Giving orders to other poor unwary slobs is not QUITE the same as doing it yourself!! and usually takes longer too!!!!
OK the rant has passed. The sun has shown it's face today after yesterdays hurricane like winds and rain. The seniors had their Halloween party and tried to run inbetween the drops!! The bldg is soooo quiet. They are all worn out so today should be a quiet one!!!
Happy Sunday and good morning Sunshine
Old 10-29-2006, 07:09 AM   #172  
Happy September

Madcat~ we did a paper mache' project a few years ago with the seniors. We used a balloon as a mold and after soaking string in a bowl of liquid fabric starch, we wound it around the balloon. The end project was to be an Easter egg after the balloon was popped. Have you ever seen blue, permanented hair with starch in it? The women all looked like they had these "spiked" hairdos!!
Too funny!! We have NEVER mached again!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:27 PM   #173  
Suzi in Auz

Hi Mel ...Hi madcat

thought I would post this morning before I get on with my day ...housework ugg. Can you tell I am putting it off.?? !
Oh Mel you are so right, there is one in every crowd. The 11 year old girl thing ...wow. They are so moody. I think I have it easy with my DD.They only have to look at each other the wrong way and a sulk might start.
This is what happened..... One little friend got her knickers in a knot because she hadn't had her turn on the "singstar" so I thought I would do the clever thing and pull names out of a hat. That wasn't fair tho and apparently i was deliberately avoiding her...little COW. She fussed and sulked and made sure everyone knew what a B**ch I was. hmmm. Needless to say this is the same girl I had reservations about in the first place so I guess it has taught me a lesson. small stuff maybe but ...

My life seems to be a constant party at the moment. I have stuff to organise for more guests coming a dear friend and her daughter. The DF has just been through a marriage break up a few years ago and really needs a break. I hope she enjoys Sydney I think she will. The rellies will be rolling in soon too. phew!
I started thinking about Christmas in the weekend. All the decorations are in the stores and it is starting to freak me out! I need to get organised. i just can't stand the mall when it is mayhem. I have started and Have some pressies but it would be great to get them all out of the way. I think I might try and do that soon. I will wait for the friendly tax man to give us back our money he stole during the year.

Madcat...WTG on completing the "dragon". I am sure that paper mache' had a mind of it's own and you just really have to go with the flow, everyone should have to have a go and something like that in their lifetime, it makes you realise it is harder than it looks.
ok
the vacuum just has to come out now...can the little maid come with it????
Pwease!
Enjoy your days and preperations for Halloween. Shad I see you peeking. I hope all is well, no doubt you will be madly rushing around. How exciting.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi Mel--Welcome back dear friend. Just don't over do it. Our clocks were set back an hour also. I woke up at my usual tiime and did not hear a peep so I tried to go back to sleep. All I did was toss and turn.

Shad--I'm envious that you are so organized. My sister always makes a list.

Madcat--good luck on your project.

Suzi-- Are you planning on more parties?

My uncle and aunt's grand daughter turned 3 today and they gave her a birthday party. She was so cute. She said all these presents are for me. Afterwards my uncle, aunt and I went for a walk in the woods. I love to do this.

I forgot to set the clocks before I left so I need to do this now.

Have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #175  
Suzi in Auz

I seem to be doing lots of posts today.

Hi ceejay. No more parties planned for a while ...thank goodness, just lots of company. I do love it though but i think will keep things low key for a while. i guess the next do will be my parents 50th wedding anniversary, but we might go out for that one to the restaurant up the road.
Ceejay, I love walking in the woods too, somehow it takes you back a little to your childhood. Always makes me think of those make believe games we would play. How cute of your aunts grand daughter, does that make her your cousin? You are going really well with your walking.
I have started back into the swing of things again with food. I have the exercise under control but just don't seem to have food sorted so today I have been really good. I have had a plan and have followed it. I am trying to drink lots too. I don't think I will see a great change for end of Oct weigh in. Oh well. Perhaps I can be really good during Nov.

Love to all
Suz
Old 10-30-2006, 04:05 AM   #176  

Evening all,
Another busy day. I've been painting again. Final coats going on the hall tomorrow and once that is done, I'm done until after the visitors leave. Then I will be getting on with the other stuff. I've taken the Weber around to DS2's and played a game of bubbles and golf with the 2 year old hyperactive feral child. He calls me Simon's Mum. I guess no one has yet got around to telling him what to call me. I guess I will just have to do it myself.
The rellies arrive tomorrow. We will go in and get them and distribute them around the place as required. Then it will be go go to get the individuals to the requested places to do their tours, sightseeing, theme parks etc. There will be a trip down the coast on Wednesday to get the nephew and wife sorted. Hopefully the niece and partner will also go - they have a 7.15am tour on the Thursday morning. If I have to take them it will be a 5.30 rise and 6.00pm departure. Yum, yum just what one wants on holiday. Thursday I have to go to the dentist in the afternoon, so they may have to take a train home to a more central location and get picked up from there. Friday, some more people fly in but my DB1 is going to fetch them. Hallelujah.
I'd better ring DB2 and see what is going on in his neck of the woods as well.

And that's about it. I'm stuffed. I'm going to an early bed. See ya.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:16 AM   #177  
Happy September

SIMON'S MUM~ JUST WHAT YOU WANTED....TRIPS TO THE AIRPORT!!! SOMETHING ALWAYS ARISES TO TOSS A SPANNER IN THE WORKS. HAVE YOU GOT A DEPARTURE DATE FOR THE NEW JOB? I FORGET IF YOU MENTIONED IT OR NOT. HAPPY PLANNING!!

CEEJAY~ I HAVE BEEN DOING THE SAME THING. LOTS OF TOSSING AND TURNING!! HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THE CHILD IS ALREADY 3 YRS OLD!! TIME FLIES. DID YOU GET TO SEE ALL THE FALL LEAVES AND SMELL THAT FALL AROMA?? i ALWAYS LIVE THAT. NOT SURE MY SINUSES LIKE IT BUT I DO!

SUZI THE PARTY GIRL!!! MAYBE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD JOB FOR YOU....OFFICIAL PARTY PLANNER.
TOO BAD ABOUT THAT KID. WHEN JEN WAS LITTLE, SHE WOULD ALWAYS BE GIVING HER STUFF TO KIDS LIKE THAT. SHE NEVER WANTED TO SEE ANYONE UNHAPPY. THOSE KIND OF KIDS GET IT FROM THEIR PARENTS!!!
SHOULD HAVE LEFT HER NAME OUT OF THE HAT!!

I AM ON THE RUN. DOING LAUNDRY. OR AT LEASFT MAKING A DENT IN THE PILE UP IN THE BATHROOM!!!
THE WEEKEND WAS VERY QUIET. MY NEIGHBOR PASSED AWAY IN A NURSING HOME. SO ANOTHER NEWBIE WILL BE HERE NEXT MONTH. OH JOY. HOPE SHE'S QUIET!!
TALK TO YOU TOMORROW!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #178  

Glad you are feeling better Mel.
HUGS to all!!!
Nothing on the calendar does not mean I have nothing to do,LOL!!!!!!

Puttered at home all day Saturday.Still untangling myself from 6 years of home daycare. Tossing lots of toddler toys etc.
Yesterday we did the church thing and then it was DSs(now 8) Bday party. 15 kids came with their folks to skate for family skate at the rink and then I booked the lounge for after. We had pop and chips and water and a veggie tray. i made a donut cake. Big hit. Very enjoyable. It was special for DS.

We had rain for 6 days straight. Today we have some sun and blue sky.

Been having a particularily obnoxious period and allergies are brutal.Meds taken for those.arg. Off to shower!!! PU.

My To dos for today:

Reply to emails
make fundraising order form
laundry Xs 4 loads
run DW
dollarama-after school
bank-after school
pay bills
tranfer funds
groceries-cat food, school snacks
thank you notes for bday party
church newsletter
clean-toyroom/sort/toss
clean DR
yard work- toss toddler toys/put bikes etc away for winter/put lawn furniture away
tax receipts for daycare families
write bio for new job
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:51 PM   #179  

Well I am back, rested and with a decent sinus headache - probably from an accumulation of paint smells. It seems to be one particular paint that gives me a headache. Lots to do today so can't hang about here too long.

Gym this morning and I have a trainer to talk to about why I am not achieving anything. She came by for a chat yesterday while I was stretching out on the ball. So I said I would be back in today for some discussion. And it is also the end of the month so that means weigh and measure yet again. Heck where has the year gone.

Mel - I leave for Townsvile on either 9th or 10th November. Haven't yet decided the actual date and time. Since it is a 2 day drive (1414KM) I will give myself at least one day to get over it. It's a long, long way. Wollongong was closer (1071KM).
I have yet to think about what I am taking, packing etc. etc. I'm worn out just thinking about it.

And that's about it really. Nothing much has changed since last night. Today is more of the same. One more ceiling coat in the hall, one more wall coat in the hall, a couple of door trims to go. Then I can pack away the rollers and brushes for another day. Time to go weigh in although I know the results will be disappointing if only for the fact that the new scale weighs heavier than the old. However the fat content does seem to be coming down somewhat. I only rarely venture into the obese area - I'm just overfat. Well I suppose that's progress.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad-did you have to mention weigh in?

Holly--Even with the kids gone you are still busy. Wish I could stay as motivated as you do.

Mel--As a matter of fact we did go for a walk in the woods and it was beautiful. I picked up a few vibrant colored leaves and a few wild mushrooms. I'm going to try my hand at an art project.

Suzi--My uncle and aunt's grand daughter is my cousin's daughter so she would be my second cousin. They call me aunt.

There is not much going on today. I've been playing on the computer. Haven't seen hide nor hair of my boss. I did speak to him on the phone. It's been kind lonesome.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote