Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

Good Monday morning to you, ladies!

Tiffany - I'm all for positive reinforcement, and "Whoo Baby You Are So Hot" is just what I need, even though it would make me laugh. Seriously, I think we should do things for ourselves to express that we value ourselves. Recently, one of the JLs mentioned how while losing, she tends to take better care of herself, and I think that's so important.

Sue - yep, I'll be glad when you get back to regular posting, too. One thing I found about moving into a new home is how you have to add all the little things you took for granted at the old house. Like a hook to hold your clothespin bag, and stuff like that, you know what I mean?

Sassy - any JL is always welcomed and encouraged to start a new thread, just so you'll know. Marti and I tend to start the Weight Loss and Chit Chat ones just so we can lock the old ones. I like the idea of a holiday thread and will post in it afterwhile. How's your DH's aunt? Is he close to her? Let us know how it's going, ok?

Jules - ah, I know all about compter problems, but thankfully, haven't had many with the new satelite server. Hope you get yours resolved soon.

Cristi - wow, 40 stockings will be so much easier for you to do! YW for the gift card - I was glad to do it. The rodeo sounds like lots of fun, especially the goats, lol. Btw, I'm back on the wagon today, too. I think it's so much easier when lots of JLs are in it together, don't you? I'll be posting at Marti's challenge thread later.

Liz - good to see you! Glad to read that you and your DD are back on track. Maybe you'll want to join in on Marti's challenge thread? How did you do at the horse show?

Norma - how's things go at the state fair? I bet you had lots of fun.

Robin - so sorry about your friend, but so happy that the jerk is locked up for a long time. As Cristi said, so many times, guys like that walk free because of a technicality or something. Yes, I too wish we could have a marguarita date!

Marti - time goes by much too fast for me too, Marti. And the older you get, the faster it goes. How's James' back today? Hope it's much better! What did you have him doing that threw his back out? Do we want to know? tee hee

Judith - good to see you back here, sweetie.

Mary Kate - how are you today?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Well, we had so much fun in Chicago! We went to Navy Pier, and rode the 150 foot ferris wheel , the Adler Planetarium, the Sear's Tower, the Magnificent Mile, and the Field Museum. We saw the King Tut exhibit at the museum and it was beyond belief! How we got tickets is beyond me. Right after we got ours, they put up signs that they were sold out for every show for the day. The hotel was very clean, and centrally located, and offered a free breakfast each day. It had no view to speak of, but oh well. Although I love the hustle and bustle of Chicago, I was glad to get back to my quiet country home.

I did poorly with food over the weekend, but although we took cabs from one place to another, I got lots of walking in.

Have a good day!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals!!

Well it's Monday. Weekend sure went fast......working on Saturday didn't help that any but it's a little OT on the paycheck. (I only worked 4 1/2 hrs)

James is still in pain. He picked up his work bag and his back went out on him. When he stands up, his legs are straight but his torso is leaning to the right. He'll be seeing either a doctor or chiropractor today if he's still in pain and not straighten up . (He's still in bed so I have no idea how he's feeling this morning)

I need to get to work a tad bit early so I can figure out my timecard. Can you believe our company still does manual time cards??? It's a pain in the patootie!!!

Ok....hugs to you all and have a great Monday.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Chickies...

Almost didn't make it here. I like to be off the computer when V gets home and sometimes I don't seem to get on soon enough to do what I want to do. I was up at 8 and seemed to be rushing around like I was in a hurry for some reason but didn't get much done. Anyway, walked a 1.05 mile on the treadmill this morning, watered the yard (it's been in the 90's, yikes!), went to IF to get in a workout, came home took a shower and off to get gas and to the library and post office. Didn't even get my housecleaning done until I came back so my computer time suffers. But...I did come here first

JANE...glad you and Neal had a fun time in Chicago! Must go there one day...I don't know if I would like it so much but I think DD would especially the museums. Glad you are back on the wagon too! I've made a goal for myself and I plan on sticking to it. Made me think of the WW saying If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

MARTI...James sounds like me a week ago. It wasn't as bad as James sounds but it has been before. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. I know it took me a good week before I could really do anything.

Hi to everyone else

Well, want to go check a couple other things before getting off the 'puter. V and I are headed to Lowes in a different town when he gets home. We bought some new lights for outside the garage, driveway lights...whatever they are called. They didn't have the ones I wanted at the one here so we went with another kind that I thought would be fine. But they hang down too low and cover the address and I didn't like they way they looked at all. He took them back and they gave him a gift card but looked it up on the computer and the west side has some and then another town has them, which it is closer to us. So that's what we are doing this evening. I will post on the other threads tomorrow when I will have more computer time.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #34  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies.

We just got home. We had to go into work today for a meeting. No the meeting didn't last that long, but we went to a restaurant with our co worker and was chatting with him a bit.

Anyways. We just heard from FIL that his sister is doing ok. The hospital told her she just had a migrane. Which none of us beleive that was the problem, but what do we know. I just hope she follows up with her family dr. That is what I did after hub went to the "Doc in a box" here and our dr was not happy that they had sent hub home. That is when hub had to have his gallbladder out.

OMG....................I just heard a good friend of mine's house burnt down! Everybody is okay, but I guess from what I hear its a total loss! I will be sending him a Wal-Mart Gift Card. Every little bit helps!!!!!!

Also did you all hear about the Amish Schoolhouse Shooting????? How AWFUL! My thoughts and prayers are with all the familys of all the poor children.....

Cristina -- I need to get back on track myself...............I've been really laxed lately and I have no excuse at all. So we can get back "on the wagon" together!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane -- Thanks.

Also on another note I think I'm getting an ear infection. I haven't had one since I was like 5 or 6 or something.......If it doesn't get any better I guess I'll have to go to the dr.........

I hope you all are doing well!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

Hello Jaded Ones,

Marti - so how is James? I'm hoping his back is lots better by now. Is he taking some anti-inflammatory stuff for it? Hope you got your timecard figured out.

Cristi - ah.. too much to do, and too little time to do it in! I need to clean every room of the house, and can't believe how far behind a person can get so quickly! I truly believe the "plan" saying, too, and am a firm believer of writing everything down beforehand. Did you get the lights for outside the garage?

Sassy - oh my, I'm glad your friend and her family are all ok. What a tragedy! My sister's house burned down years ago, and it was awful. She cried and cried, although she was thankful nobody was hurt, she had to replace everything she owned that was in the house. Let us know how your dh's aunt is after she gets checked out by her doc.

Hello to everyone else reading this. If you haven't signed up yet to be a Jaded Lady, please jump right in.

Well, today is Madison's day to be grandma's girl. She is such a little diva! Yesterday, she asks me, Grandma, did you know I have a collection now? I said no, and asked her what it was, thinking probably a rock collection, or stickers... she says "bracelets", hahahaha!!! She always was attacted to bling from when she was tiny!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #36  

Height: 5'1"

Morning gals...I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet so bare with me.

Well James went to the chiropractor yesterday and he told him that he was VERY out of wack. And James wasn't helping it any by putting heat to it. He needed to put the opposite. He's still in pain and still crooked, since he was so out of alignment, so the chiropractor guy said he needed to come in again today. So hopefully the second trip will help a little bit.

And that's the update on my guy.

Not a lot going on here this morning. No need to hurry so I'm just going to putter around. I need to take the doglets out so I better get a move on w/that!

Oh yeah............I need coffee!
Old 10-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #37  
~Believe~

Cool

Hi Ladies.

Not much going on here except the "Monthly Visitor" monster! lol. I am splurging for one meal, then for dinner we're having grilled chicken. OH and I wanted to mention that I saw in the paper, coupons for individual servings of veggies! I thought that was very cool!

Anyhow..............I got to clean out my fridge, it is a nightmare! lol. Also have to do some laundry and clean the bathroom.

Jane -- Thanks. Yes my friend and his family are fine, thankfully. But I know it is still very devestating! I did get him a card and a Gift Card from Wal-mart. I did hear an update that it wasn't a total loss, but the kitchen and living room is completely gone. So the insurance is going to most likely rebuild. It will be about a month or months before they will be able to move back into their house. For now they are staying with friends and the insurance is going to get them a hotel room soon. Haven't heard anything new on hub's Aunt. I don't know if she will go to her dr. or not, I just said I hope she does. But we'll see. Have a Great Day with the "Diva"

Marti -- here is some healing vibes for James....... Enjoy your coffee! I saw a new Coffee Creamer at Wally World lastnight. Its Pumpkin spice. I didn't get any because I was afraid I wouldn't like it and be stuck with it. lol.

Have a Great Day Everybody!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #38  
~Believe~

Thumbs up 5 Ways to "Spice Up" your work out

Hi Ladies. Just thought I would post, in my own words an article I read. Its in the Family Circle. I got it in my email, I am subscribed to their Newsletter.

5 Ways to "Spice Up" your work out

1.) Listen to your favorite Tunes. Music is a Great Motivator!

2.) Add some variation to your work out by trying the "Grapevine" "How to Grapevine: 1. Step your left leg across in front of your right leg. 2. Take your right foot to the right. 3. Step your left leg behind your right. 4. Repeat. Do one "Grapevine" every five minutes on your walk and alternate your right and left."

3.) Punch out your workout. Do some punches while you walk, not only does it help your workout, it can release some of that stress too!

4.) Take your "Pooch" with you to help with your workout. I did this when we had a dog and it did motivate me a lot more! Also it had a good suggestion if you do not have a Dog, you could volunteer at your local pet shelter to walk some dogs or if you have an elderly neighbor who has a dog that they can't walk regularly.........

5.) Use walking sticks. You can increase your workout by 20 to 25 % by doing this. Also lean forward slightly, and swing the stick so that it is in sync with your right foot.

Other Ideas they had:

Change of scenery. Check out different routes online. "Go to usatf.org, click on "America's Running Routes," and pick a starting point anywhere in the U.S. At gmap-pedometer.com, input a route you plan to take and the program will calculate the mileage for you."

Monitor your heart rate/pulse with a heart rate/pulse monitor watch. It not only tracks beats per minute, it also calculates calories burned. They suggested the Mio Pink Monitor. "10 percent of the sales go the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation."

For more info pls check out the Family Circle Website. This article I read was "The Walking Workout", "5 ways to revamp your walking workout," written by Leslie Goldman, but I did rewrite it in my own words, except for the factual information, which are in quotes.

Feel free to add on to this. We can all use ideas to make our work out more fun and enjoyable! I thought this would be a great start to get us "rolling on ideas"

Old 10-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #39  
GmaTo8

I'm back....

I forgot to post on the challenge thread this AM, so while I'm here, I might as well chat, right?

Marti - well, at least now James knows what to do, and I hope the doc helps him. Hope you got your coffee.

Sassy - thanks for the tips. Aunt Flo doesn't stop at my house anymore, thank goodness. I love coupons, and feel like I really got something if I use one for 25 cents or more, lol. Then I'll turn around and blow money on something silly. Thank goodness your friends house isn't as bad as they thought. And for insurance, too!

Ladies, I am going to try and not get on the computer first thing in the mornings, until I get my housework done. I know, I know, I've said this before, but I really am going to try and get things done around the house before I do my "fun" stuff.

Until then.....
Old 10-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #40  
~Believe~

Hey all. Update on my friends house. He told a mutual friend that it started with a coffee pot. One of those that you program to start at a certain time and it was brand new. That is why I unplug mine. It doesn't even have the timer on it but one night I went into the kitchen and I noticed it was turned on and I wasn't making coffee. So I figured I better unplug it when its not in use and I'm glad I did. I know accidents do happen and all of that but if I can prevent something from happening, then why not?

Well I guess that is all for now, just thought I would let you all know.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #41  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

So sorry for yet another fly by post. I thought I would have time to do my posting and ran out of time. Trying to cook dinner now and the timer just went off, ugh! Anyway, I promise to be here tomorrow after I go exercise and do individuals. I don't have any chores to get done other than clean the house, which I didn't get to today and go exercise. So...will be here tomorrow for sure. Now if I wake up at 3 a.m. this morning like I did today I may be on here real early, lol. Still going strong but I know once my head hits that pillow I will be out. Couldn't sleep because I was disappointed and thinking of Josh and his Unit but my day was brightened realy eary thanks to V! I'll explain tomorrow...

Hi to everyone!

Take care and I hope everyone had a nice day.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #42  
~Believe~

Unhappy

I think my hormones are raging here. I just am so angry and sad all at the same time!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:16 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Jane: Thank you so much for the postcard. You are so thoughtful! It sounds like you had a great time. I would love to go to Chicago. I'm a history buff and the Egyptian exhibition sounded great. I'm also into planetariums. Calvin and I need to plan a vacation there next year. Did you get your chores done? Or are you just sneaking a peak at 3fc. LOL

Cristina: You've got to get some sleep. You are going to make yourself sick worrying about Josh, getting his Christmas stockings together and everything else. I got your email address and I'll be sending Bryan's unit Christmas picture. I think I'll do like Jane and not pick things up but get a gift card so you can get what you need to finish the stockings.

Marti: I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's back. I hope he gets the help he needs. I hurt my back in 1982, had surgery, and it's given me trouble since. Of course, being over weight didn't help my back any.

Sassy: Is your Aunt any better? I worry about stoke at my age everytime I get a massive headache. Thanks for the heads up about the coffee pot with clock. We have one like you described. The thought of our house burning down like your friends just terrifies me.

Sue: How's the sell of your house going? I've been gone and I didn't see anything about it. How's the decorating of the new house going? I hope you post more pictures. I'd love to see what you're doing with the place.

Well, as you can see, I'm back. We had a really good time. The weather was beautiful! We did an awful lot of walking and was really good at eating right. We had beef shiskabobs served on a flour tortilla and we shared one funnel cake. We went to the Demolition Derby and it was great. Before leaving we got a soft pretzel. Other than the subway lunch (lowfat menu) that's all we ate. FitDay showed we had about 1500 calories that day. I was really pleased. On Saturday we shopped and had lunch at Red Lobster. I had the calorie printout for the menu in my purse so we stayed below our calories allotted. My ankle didn't do as well and it swoll up again and I had to stay off it all day Sunday. The high pressure that came in with the heat wave hitting our state like to have killed me on Monday and I was in terrible pain with this infected ear. I've been on antibotics for a week. I thought my ear was getting better. Today, I'm fine. Just a little swelling of my ankle. Walking is out for a while. Good news, I lost another 1.5 lbs as of today. I guess my behaving myself at the fair paid off. I'm not going to change my ticker until my weekly weigh in on Thurdays.
I hope you all have a super week. It's good to be back
You all take care
Norma
Old 10-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #44  
Liz, Dressage Queen

S/C/G: 160/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking So Busy.

Good Morning, All,

I have been busy at work and no time for browsing or posting. Bummer.

Since I have a few moments, I'll take a chance!

DD and I went to Devon, PA to see a big dressage horse show. Boy, the horses are gorgeous and I'm sure, very expensive. These people really know how to ride! I'll never get that good, but it was fun to dream... Saturday night was the big event of musical freestyle competition. Dressage is very lovely to watch, and with the music, it is even more lovely. We went up on Friday and left Sunday morning. It was a very expensive weekend for me, and I will re-think staying that long.

Back to work, and I have used up all my "use or lose" time, so this will be a full work week for me. Yikes.

Hubby is still having problems with his pain, but we are on the right track - almost. It seems we take one step forward and two steps back. He was taking Methadone for his pain, but the side effects were too much. He was moody, very agitated (more than his normal!), and just generally difficult to deal with. The doctor told him to stop taking it - duh!! He is supposed to be getting a nerve block shot in the area of the pain. The doctors have found out that his piriformas muscle is swollen and squeezing his sciatic nerve or it's arthritis pushing on the sciatic nerve. Not sure which it is, so we are waiting for the next step from the doctors.

Take it easy, everyone!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Sassy - are you moody because of aunt flo's visit, or is your anger because of something else? Whatever's going on, I hope you're better by the time you see this.

Cristi - I'm very curious what Vince did to brighten your day. Details, woman! We want details!

Norma - nope, I didn't get back on here until a few minutes ago, and am happy to say my work is done. If you saw my "egg" light on, it was Mary using my laptop. I need to be more careful to actually Logout when I leave here. YW for the postcard, and I do think anybody would love Chicago. There's so much to do there! And I personally found the people to be very friendly, and can't understand when I hear visitors say Chicagoans aren't friendly. I'm so proud of you for staying OP while on your trip, Norma. And a big WooHoo for the 1.5 down!

Liz - "dressage" was a new term to me, and now I finally understand your user name, lol. Yikes, I hope your DH gets some relief soon from the pain he's in.

Well, as I mentioned to Norma, I did get my housework done, and feel good about that. Now if I can only stick to the plan, lol. I got a call that my new glasses are ready, so I'm going to town in a little while to get those, and I also want to pick up some new Fall decorations while I'm out. I don't decorate for Halloween, just Fall, and hope it's not all picked over too badly.

Have a good one, ladies.
Closed Thread