View Poll Results: What is the most difficult time of day for you in controlling your appetite?
As soon as I wake up! 0 0%
Mid-morning (10:00-11:00) 0 0%
Mid-afternoon (2:30-4:00) 2 14.29%
Afternoon--between school/work and supper 8 57.14%
Right before bedtime 3 21.43%
You mean there are supposed to be easy times???? 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 06:38 AM   #31  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I take my lnch to school. I take a salad daily. but yesterday there ws what is called oktoberfest and all of the foriegn launguage and social sciences lclasses went so I was there half the day. Ther ewere chocolate lattes, tacos taquitos emadadas quessiadillas nachos , brownies cookies , the grermans had brats it looked soooo amazing . I didnt have a thing. I swear i am the ,most willed teenager int he world. How much did a want to grab a peice of little ceasars pizza from the latin section!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Vogue--congrats on passing up all the goodies! That must have been hard!

I didn't do too well yesterday. I had these snack packs in my desk and they've been there for weeks (I'd eat like one per week) and yesterday, I ate 4 of them!!! Gosh, what was I thinking? Then, it was back to school night for my DS's school (his first year in middle school). Since I wasn't going to get home until 7PM (our usual dinner time) I opted to hit Del Taco for dinner. DD said she wanted fries, so I got a large (to go with our burritoes and my quesadilla). Well, DD ate 3 fries and left the table. I ate the rest of them! Again, what was I thinking? Good news, the scale is staying at 139 (3rd day in a row!).
Old 09-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Sorry I have been MIA. So busy this semester. Keep thinking I will get everything done and just not into the schedule yet! I am reading and keeping up with everyone that way! Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:05 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Morning on this Fabulous Friday

I hope everyone had a great Thursday. I didn't eat great but didn't eat badly either. I need to do some major grocery shopping to get my pantry and fridge filled with only good things. But that's hard because I like to give my four kids a treat from time to time and my dh can't live without his bowl of ice cream ALMOST every night.
I think this weather change is getting me. Sore throat, pounding headache, yadda.
Well, I'm getting off of here for now. Hope you all have a great day. I have a homeshow every day this weekend starting with tonight, so I may not be back on until Monday, we'll see though.
Talk later.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #35  

Crystal I would like to welcome you to our little group. I hope that you enjoy it here as much as I do. You sure do get up early. Shelley posts really early too.

You girls are never going to believe this! Yesterday I made cookies by mistake! Now I know you are saying sure and how could that happen. I really did. We are going to Jay's tonight for a bbq and he asked me to bring brownies. On the bag of chipits there were two recipes one for cookies one for the brownie. Well I just followed the first one and half way realized that it was cookies. Now I have these cookies screaming at me. I ate my fair share yesterday, they are a red light food for me so I never make them. I cooked half and froze the rest of the dough. Not that frozen dough doesn't taste good.....lol. I think that this morning I will bring Dez a couple but I don't want to sabatoge her hard efforts either. If there is any left tonight I will bring them over to Jay's with the brownie.

I am off to get ready for aquafit.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #36  
Losing it!

GOOD MORNING GIRLS!

Where oh where are our little MIA's???????????

Dee, drop the cookies now! LOL! You have such self control, I'm sure the cookie incident won't hurt your weigh-in. Have fun tonight! What type of plan is Dez following? Is she an exercise junkie like her mommy?

Crystal, what kind of home shows do you have? I hope you feel better soon! I agree, it is very hard to stay on plan with children and hubby around! Our oldest works at a FF place so she is ALWAYS offering to bring something home!

Gotta go peddle booze! LOL!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:41 AM   #37  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick note to let you all know what's going on here...

Tim's Aunt Hazel went to work at the hospital this morning (she is a 92 year old retired RN and volunteers one day a week) anyway, she got very dizzy and nearly passed out. One of the girls in the office talked her into going down to the ER to get her blood pressure checked...it was dangerously low. They are admitting her to the ICU. I don't have anymore details than that right now...just know that it can't be good if they are putting her in ICU. Tim and his dad are on their way to the hospital now. She never had any children, so we are the only family that she has...she's very special to us. Please keep her in your prayers.

Travis IM'd me this morning (for the newbies...Travis is my youngest son and is an MP in the Marine Corps currently deployed in Iraq), so I was able to let him know what was going on with Aunt Hazel. He said that the Walid base is much nicer now from when he was there last year and he has access to computers and telephones, so that's a huge relief!

We talked to Tim's brother and sister-in-law last night and they aren't going to be able to make the trip up next week as planned, so that's a disappointment. Tom is a PI and has his own agency and they just can't leave right now. Our business is really busy right now too, so we probably would have had to work the whole time they were here anyway. They are going to try and come up in January or February instead, so maybe that will work out better for everyone.

I'll try to catch up with everyone soon as I get a few extra minutes. Until then take care and stay out of the cookies!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #38  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynneye View Post
Sorry I have been MIA. So busy this semester. Keep thinking I will get everything done and just not into the schedule yet! I am reading and keeping up with everyone that way! Hope everyone is having a great week!
Can I just say I FEEL YOU!!!!!

I have two annotated bibliographies to do this semester (which, btw, is passing WAY to quickly): one with 15 entries and one with 10 entries. Two papers (5-7 pg w/no research and 12-15 pg w/research). Two poetry explications (650-700 words each, so fairly short). Three exams, including a take-home mid-term that's gonna be an *** kicker.

Add that to working 45+ hours/week and "taking care" of Stewart (which doesn't really count because we all know I suck at that ) I am PILED UNDER!!!

I'll be so glad when this semester is OVER!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #39  

Default Catch-up

To Crystal

Suzy, I'll be thinking of your aunt. I'll also be thinking of Travis--great news that he'll have computer access, so much easier for him to keep in touch!!

Dee--

needs to DROP the

Gayle, I need some booze. I seriously started to stop by the package store this morning on my way to work from school. Those Boone's Mango Grove really were calling to me!!!

Shelley, I'm not sure what a dexascan is, but if it'll help keep our runner healthy, then you definately should do it!

Love all,
C
Old 09-29-2006, 11:37 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I wondered where everyone was yesterday!!!

Well, the little relapse on Wednesday caught up to me today and my scale is showing +1.5 pounds. I need to take care of that so my goal doesn't get messed up!!! I won't have much chance for dinner tonight as I've been invited to a CAbi party (kind of like a Tupperware party only clothes). I'm glad to go, nothing I own fits any longer and frankly the stores here in town have nothing that I like. I can't wait until Nordstrom opens, but that's still 3 years down the road. I really miss that Macy's bought out Robinson/May's--I really liked Robinsons and I can't find anything I like at Macy's.

Tomorrow, I have to drive to San Diego for an all-day meeting. I don't really want to go, but I have to lead part of the meeting, so I'm obligated.

I have a meeting today at work that I'm not looking too forward to. Sales call and I still don't feel too confident to be making these kinds of tough decisions (employee benefits and all). But our partner is out of the office, and later this year, he'll be gone and it will come down to the fact that I will have to be the decision maker, so I guess I'd better just deal with it!

Have a great Friday everyone. I probably won't be around again unil Sunday or Monday.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #41  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Hey everyone just popping in , my sistr is getting married tomorow so I am hthe maid of honor so I dont have to time for the computer this weekend, but i know I will be glad tomorw to cheat for once on my diet. I shouldnt but its a wedding , my sisters and i want to be happy. besides my family partys tll 4 a.m at wedding so im sure i will burn that off and them some. xoxo- vouge
Old 09-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #42  

Suzy I was just coming to post to you and ask you where our motivation Suzy was.
I am sorry to hear that Aunt Hazel is not doing well. I will remember her in my prayers. Let us know how she is doing.
I was also wondering how Travis was doing. I am glad that he has more access to comunication. I am sure that it realives you of some stress just knowing that you can be in touch more often.

Vouge have a wonderful time at your sisters wedding. Don't worry about what you will eat that day but just remember to get right back to it sunday.

Boy it sounds like everyone is so busy with school or work. I am glad that I dont work at least not for pay. lol

Gayle, Dez is trying to lose some weight just by eatting healthy and going to the Y 5 times a week. I only wish she was an exercise fanatic. She is not motivated like her mommy. On the other hand at least Jay goes to the Y 4 times a week. He isn't too much into cardio but instead into the weights. He is a muscular boy. He could lose a few pounds too.

I weighed in this week at ww's and I am down a pound. At least I was before I got into the cookies and the brownie batter.

Some of you oldies here know that I have issues with anesetic, well I needed a filling replaced this week because it had a crack in it. The dentist wouldn't give me an anastetic with apenephrin becasue it might quicken my heart. That is the most common anestetic. He gave me this other one and then started working in my mouth. Ouch it didn't work. He realized it after a bit and wondered why it didn't work. I really didn't care, I just wanted no pain. Yikes. So he shot in some more and I was frozen for about 4 hours after he was done the work.
I sure hope my surgery goes better next tuesday.

I had an over flow of tomatoes so I am making a huge pot of spegetti sauce. It smells good, it is the combo of the brownie ladden with snickers and the spegetti sauce. Well that pot needs stirring so I am going to get going.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #43  

Please STOP!!!!

A new thread has been started!
Closed Thread