Winning Losers Week of Sept. 24-newbies welcome!!!

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • A new week a new thread!!!

Current Challenges:
    Tour de Losers
    Water Challenge
    Fall Leaf Challenge

We'd love to have you join us!
  • Good Sunday Morning everyone!! How is the weekend going for you?

I took some before pictures standing next to my tree yesterday. They are frightening. No different from the other picture I posted really except that I wore tight clothes so there is no hiding behind a kid or baggy clothes. That will be the last time I look like that!!!! I had a great day yesterday. made my water goal!! Today is supposed to be my "day" off but I plan on keeping it in check. No sense fighting half the week to undo damage done from one day right?

Looks like we've got another BEAUTIFUL fall day in store! Too bad I have an exam to study for!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! Be good to yourself! Stay strong and keep that control!! I'd love to see some Tour de Loser minute updates to see how far you guys have come this week!
  • Happy Sunday Ladies! I hope everyone is ready to begin a new week, time is flying! I am axious to get the week rolling, time to drop some leaves off my tree!

Melissa, we finally have some decent weather over here. Still warm but I'll take it I guess. Yes, this will be the last time you look like that! That's what I had to keep reminding myself everytime dh snapped a picture. LOL Good luck with the studying!

Come out come out wherever you are!!!!!! Where is everyone???? Well. Whatever it is you guys are up to, I hope its fun!

Off to watch some football! Have a blast ladies!
  • Hello, hello!!

Thanks for starting us Danielle!

Sorry I've been so neglectful this weekend. Time seems to be working against me. I feel like I'm doing this when I'm actually only

I did most of my Callanetic workout today. My husband and I are leaving for the track in about an hour. Then I will finish my Callanetics when I get home. I had to stop. Those dang things are painful!!

Danielle, I've been more lenient with myself this weekend too. But I'm still logging what I eat in Fit Day so that I don't go overboard calorie-wise. Yesterday I had an omlette and a piece of wheat toast. Today I had a grilled cheese. Any die hard low carber would have a , but I'm ok.

OK, BBL. Hope everyone is doing great today!!
  • Quote: I took some before pictures standing next to my tree yesterday. They are frightening. No different from the other picture I posted really except that I wore tight clothes so there is no hiding behind a kid or baggy clothes. That will be the last time I look like that!!!!
    Today is supposed to be my "day" off but I plan on keeping it in check. No sense fighting half the week to undo damage done from one day right?
    Melissa I love your determination and your smarts! I know that right now you're at the highest you'll ever be again in your life. I know you'll reach your goal. Secondly, you can still enjoy your "off" day. Moderation is the key. That's what we're learning. So I agree with what you said about keeping it in check. I actually responded earlier to the things you said, but I was doing it in such a hurry that I thought Danielle had written those things.
    Great job, chick!

Danielle, I hope you enjoyed the games today. Our Lions lost of course. But we expect them too. :laugh: About 2 or 3 years ago they started playing near downtown Detroit again. Before they'd been playing in Pontiac. So, since they've been back the games have been selling pretty well. Yeah, we know they're gonna lose but we love 'em despite of their suckiness.

The track was quite an eye opener. I'm so, so out of shape! I thought I was doing pretty good until I went there.

The track is ten times harder than running on a tread or just around your home. There's not as much "give" on the ground. So you feel the stress throughout your entire body. I had the energy and lung capacity to run but my calves were burning. Those muscles were not used to that type of exercise. I was actually getting really frustrated with myself for not being able to run the way I wanted to. So I'd walk a lap, trot (not jog or run) half a lap, and do that in intervals. I did that for 2 miles. The good thing about the human body is that it has the capacity to adapt to conditioning. Good or bad. But it wants good.

My husband said he'd walk / trot with me in the evenings after work. Turns out that he wasn't in the shape he thought he was in either. So we'll work on it together.

That said, I feel really good. And proud of myself. The good thing is that, though my legs couldn't take it, my body actually had the energy for it. That's quite an accomplishment. Yey me!! So now I've got about 30 minutes of cardio and an hour of Callanetics under my belt.
  • yesterday was my sisters birthday party so I ran the treadmill at their house for about a half hour then hung out with them most of the day. My mom bought me a bag of frozen pasta that has corn carrots brooccoli chicken and the pasta is so amazing! I'm deffinately going to have to get me another bag when i go to the store. its delicious!

This morning I made Matt Irish Soda Bread. He was real happy about that so thats good. I havent tasted it but he says its really good. After that I did 30mins of tahitian dance and 30mins of YBB HipHop Abs. I was exhausted after that. I'm about to go for a jog, it looks cold and gloomy outside. best time to go out and excersize hehe. Hope everyones having a great weekend.
  • want to join this weeks challange...I have lost 11.6 so far in less than three weeks..WI tomorrow....I will let everyone know. I have been following the program...thanks for your support..
  • Good Sunday evening ladies! Thought I'd better check in tonight since I'm not sure I'll get to in the morning! Coming off a bronco win Yay!!! But I must hit the sheets since i gotta get up early to study! I've had a pretty good day considering its my day "off" I did have some freetos w/ chili cheese dip (not overdone though) and maybe 5 pizza rolls (those little ones) very high fat/high calorie but considering my portion sizes I'd think I was well within my calories for the day. Got in my 100 oz of water too. Not too shabby for a day off huh?

Danielle...didnt you order those callenetic workouts at one point? I cant remember if those were the ones or not.

Amanda...its okay I knew you were talking to me when you said Danielle LOL! Your dh is so great!! You are very lucky to have such an amazing support system behind you!! I'm glad the track was a challenge and you conquered it!! Then again you can conquer anything once you set your mind to it cant you!!! Are you sure you arent preggers hun? I remember my first pregnancy I was soooooo tired in the beginning months. I could sleep all day long, I'd go to work and come home and go to bed till it was time to get up again for work.

Nance...WELCOME!!!! Its so great to have you join us!!! Which challenge are you jumping in on? Way to go on some amazing successes so far!! You are kicking some butt arent you!!! You are doing so great!!! Keep it up!! Cant wait to get to know you better and cheer you on to success!!! You can do this and we are all right there behind you!!!

Alright ladies, have a fantastic Monday!! I'm going for my 100 oz a day this week again, I did it 4 days last week and 3 days of 70 oz. Make this the best week that you can!! Set those goals, I know you can reach them if you just put your mind to it and go for it!!! Dont be afraid to try! I KNOW you can succeed!

~melissa
  • Sara...dunno how I missed you!! I'm so sorry!! You are kicking some butt with that exercise!! way to go! And you avoided bread? How did you manage that? Bread is my downfall, not sure i've ever had irish soda bread but hey...if its break I love it! LOL!! Keep up the good work!! I hope you have a fantastic week!

~melissa
  • Hey ladies!

Hope yall had a good week! Mine was pretty good, it was short so it was even better. We had some friends over for dinner and I cooked it all pretty much myself and it was so good but im so glad it was my cheat day otherwise I wouldn't be able to eat a lot of the stuff I made. Anyways, my foot is all better and I am starting the Turbo Jam tomorrow morning bright and early and we went to the health food store and we were trying to find a supplement that was like this thing we got with TJ and see if if there is n e thing like it. Apparently all that is in it is calcium, potassium, green tea, and magnesium. I could drink a couple glasses of milk, eat a banana, drink some green tea and take a magnesium pill and i could have the exact same thing as those pills. They are a ripoff. It costs like $30.00 for shipping plus the amount of the pills, its crazy so we decided to see if there was something similar but less expensive. You have to take 6 a day, its absurd. So we got this pill that burn fat but as long as you eat healthy and drink lots of water, you will lose lots of weight so I am gonna try that along with turbo jam. He explained all the effects and everything so i just need to drink lots of water. Anyways i have a math assignment due tomorow morning and I need to get it done. Talk to yall soon.

Heather
  • Where is everyone it sure has been slow here. I jumped on and check yesturday didnt have a chance to post and it was still where it was last . Then to much susprise only a few post this morning. It is amost 10:30 here I jest woke up at 10 boy Was I ever exhausted Barley remember getting the girls up and on the bus.

Heather sorry to hear about the pills . I hate when they charge an arm and a leg and they arent what you expect.

Melissa way to go on the water and on your day off I have only been able to accomplish 4 out of the 6 day.

Bajachick3 Great to have you this is a great group I hope that you like them.

Lovethatsara You did wonderful on the treadmill at your moms . Glad to see you are doing well. Soda Bread I am making home made bread in my bread machine. I thought it would go nice with a pot of chili tonight.

Amanda the track I hate runnung the track when I was little I would hurt sooo bad by the time I got to the end. I will have to commend you for that one I couldnt do that now.

Danielle I hope all is well with you . I agree everyone must be in hiding.

I better be going I have lots to do here right now I spent yesturday rearranging my living room around and I still have things to put away from therest of the house I was sooooom tired that I didnt do any thing else .Got to get everything cleaned up.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.
  • Good morning ladies!

I really hope we get some of you ladies posting today, we miss you all. Inquiring minds want to know how you've all been doing. Even if it's not been so good weight-loss wise, we wanna know, maybe we can help.

Amanda, you are such an inspiration! You and that track had a bit of a disagreement, didnt you? But you showed it who's boss and conquered it anyways! I am so proud of you!!! It's awesome that dh will be joining you and is such a supportive participant on your quest for good health. Yay!!!

Sara, you are doing so well with that exercise. Good girl!!! You should be very proud of yourself for sticking with it, I hope it's getting alittle easier for you and doesnt feel so overwhelming.

Bajachick- So glad you'll be joining us. You've been doing very well lately, can't wait to see more progress from you! Hope you'll feel free to chime in here at any time.

Heather, I'm so glad to hear that your foot is better and you'll be resuming your turbo jam. Bet it feels good to be over that hurdle and on to bigger & better things. Please be careful with any pills you're taking, ok? Wouldn't want anything happening to you sweets!

Melissa, sounds like you did good with food yesterday! I know it must've felt super to be in control like that. I know how hard it is when everyone around you seems to be indulging at every corner. Yeah, I bought callanetic videos eons and eons ago. They're all still in the plastic but 1! LOL Another test! They really bombarded you all at once didnt they? Well, I hope that means that there won't be anymore for a little while at least!

Bonnie, hey chicky. Your body was telling you something wasn't it? Glad you got the rest you needed. I hope today is another on plan day for you!!!

Gosh, just when I thought we were getting rid of the high temps, they're back! We've got 100 degrees forecasted thru the week, oh joy. Cannot wait til I don't have to run the a/c anymore, I'm so sick of that thing!

I ordered my book last week for .75 . Cracks me up how the shipping is like 4x that but hey, at least the book was cheap right? Who all is going to be joining Melissa, Amanda & I for our October read???? Anyone??

Sincerely, I really hope that all our MIA ladies will pop in and at least say hello. I hope you are all well and just busy with day-to-day stuff. We'd hate to think that any of you stopped posting because you're having issues with diet or whatever. We want to help any way we can. Support & motivate is the name of our game here!

Have a super day girls! I got errands to run so I'll be back later. Hopefully we'll have some missing faces popping in soon!

danielle
  • GOOD MORNING LADIES!!

Hello, Hello, Hello!

I think we're all here just busy. I have been working on getting my toy ideas patent with this lawyer. The design was a little difficult, but all is well now. I think its going to work out well. I had dropped this ball on this idea since last x-mas and my mother insisted I keep pressing on. Its expensive to get something patent and marketed.

Anyways my Little one started walking on Friday. She is so tiny 16lbs 8oz for 14 months old. Its so sweet and its hugh accomplishment. I didn't know if she would even live at 1lb 3oz let alone walk. So my family celebrated this weekend. We were all in tears, included my dad and he never crys.

I didn't stick to my diet this weekend. So i have started over today. Gosh My biggest challenge is still the water.

Amanda I know what you mean about actually jogging on a track. It is much harder. You definitely have to pace yourself. But You do loose the weight faster.

BBL
  • Good afternoon all!! It makes me sad to see how slow we've become, where did everyone go?

Heather...its great to hear that you are doing so well!! YOu are absolutly right about supplements most of the time you can get the same intake just with your regular food consumption. I was told in a nutrition class by a registered dietitian that the only people who really need supplements are the young and the old. If you eat a healthy balanced diet you should already be getting your RDAs. Thats why I've never bothered with vitamins or supplements because there is such a thing as too much. Keep up the good work chickie!

Bonnie..all that exercise is working that body and making you tired! Make sure you get good rest too. I hope your day goes well and you can get everything accomplished you have set to do!!

Danielle....ugh that heat! I dunno how you can stand it! I love my change of seasons, I think all that time in AZ made me realize how much they meant to me. You just reminded me I gotta get my book ordered too! How's that cough/throat thing doing? Almost ready to pick up the exercise again?

Alright...another exam tomorrow so I gotta get studying. Philosophy! UGH!! So far today has been going GREAT!!! Sticking to plan like a champ! Drinking my water too! I snuck a peek at the scale this morning and nope, no ill effects from yesterday's off day!! I'm very happy about that. I kept it all under control! And really didnt miss anything either. Why does life revolve around food?

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!!

~melissa
  • Oh Trish I missed ya!! Congrats to your little one on her first steps!!! How exciting! Just wait she'll be running and you wont be able to keep up! Back on the wagon today! Good for you! I've got my water bottle handy, how about you? You can do it!! Have a wonderful afternoon!

~melissa