View Poll Results: When you diet, who knows?
I shout it at the top of my lungs so everyone knows 1 8.33%
I tell close family/friends 9 75.00%
I tell no one at all 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:04 PM   #16  
Losing it!

Dee, if I may ask, what heart meds are you on? Mom is on Coreg and it seems like her blood pressure was low but now is working its way back up to normal. This is after having extremely high blood pressure for years. Do you also fight irregular heart rythm? (thinking yes?) I would be curious for them to do a sleep study on you to see how your heart reacts during resting hours. I can't believe it is as low as itis after exercise! What is it at a resting state?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #17  
Losing it!

BTW: Dee, what is your blood oxygen level?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:42 AM   #18  

I didn't eat the candy last night! I fell asleep before anything happened.

Gayle-I'm going to try those frozen cheesecake bars and hope I don't eat the whole thing. I'm not so sure we have them here, but I'll look. Do you know the calorie and fat count? Believe it or not, I've still got some coupons left. I think of you whenever I look at them!

Suzy-Prayers still coming your way for Travis.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:30 AM   #19  
Losing it!

They are called Sweet Freedom Supremes. Higher then most sugar free in calories, but they cure the urge for me. 150 cal/10 fat. One bar will do it for you Shelley compared to eating 2-3 fudge bars. We had the caramel/chocolate in stock, it was really good but they no longer carry it. So, we picked up the raspberry cheesecake one, still good though. I want to try the turtle one, except Steve doesn't like nuts. Half of the time when I purchase BB, I forget the coupon!

PRAYERS TO TRAVIS & FAMILY TODAY!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #20  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Floozie Fitness Friday!

Way to go Shelley! I didn't eat any ice cream last night either. In fact, I didn't eat anything at all after dinner. I finished the binding on a runner that I have been working on instead, so if anything I burned a few calories (hand sewing really burns the calories right? ) and I also finished a project!

Gayle ~ I don't do artificial sweeteners. I buy Edys light ice cream once in awhile. It's just 100 calories for a 1/2 cup. The trick is not eating the whole carton!

Dee ~ I hope that with the doctor's help that you can get the meds all sorted out and start feeling better.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers today. Travis left this morning at 5:30 (California time) and will arrive in Kuwait later today. From there he will travel to Al Walid, Iraq which is pretty much right on the borders of Syria and Jordan.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #21  

Gayle that was exactly it. The doctor was worried what it was when I was at rest. Probably unconscious. I am on metoprolol to help with my heart rhythm. The only thing that I have wrong with my heart is it tend to beat to fast, often over 200 bpm. And it has an irregular beat sometimes. I have always sided on normal to slightly low blood pressure but now it is worse.

Now hopefully my mom will hold her own in the next few days. Thanks for the support.

Larry hope to be finished the baseboards and window frames tonight in the Garden Room. It was a lot of work becasue he had to make them from scratch from 8 in oak boards. The only other thing left to do inside the room is to repaint the purple table. I don't like it. We will paint it the stone color of the sofa. I am waiting on my roller shade and I need to buy some art work for the room and a small area rug. I am happy with it. We have been eatting our meals in there this week since it has been to cool on most days to eat out in the pool house.

Suzy I promise to be active today.

Now I really have to get some stuff ready for tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #22  

I'm gonna be a downer again!! Bear with me!

My cat has diabetes! I took her to the vet on Monday because she got really lethargic over the week-end and basically just quit eating. He said she had a bacterial infection and gave her meds. Told me she should be better by the next day or so. So, on Wednesday, when she wasn't any better I took her back. He ran blood tests and her sugar level was 350+ (normal is 100-150). I had to start her on a special diet to bring it down. I've got to take her back in two weeks to get her blood tested again and hopefully it'll be better then. If diet doesn't control the diabetes I'll have to start giving her an insulin injection every day.

I've started walking 2 miles/day with some of the ladies from work. I think if I didn't have so much going on it would really help with all the problems I've been having.

I miss you all, but I do keep track of the board and do some little things around (close threads and such). I'll probably be ready to start the next one, if Gayle isn't having too much fun doing it! I like the polls, too, and I'll probably keep that up--she's so smart!

Thank you all for being so patient and understanding.
Love,
Cheryl
Old 09-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #23  
Losing it!

CHERYL! GLAD TO SEE YA BACK SWEETIE PIE! I have loved helping out, but I am ready to hand the job off to you when your ready again. Poor little kitty! Hopefully the diet change will help. Saying special little prayers for kitty.

Dee, mom takes Coreg for her irregular heart beat. I think it is fairly new here in the states. Did they ever explain to you that if your heart gets to beating too fast it could actually just stop? You really need to get it under control with meds. I hate to scare you, but it is serious business. Just curious what your heart rate is while sleeping.

Suzy, {{{HUGS}}}{{{SMOOCHES}}}{{{HUGS}}}

Gotta get back to work! CHOW!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning to all!

Cheryl--I hope the kitty gets better via diet. It would be difficult to give her a shot every day.

Shelley--OMG it is that time of year, isn't it? Candy corn--one of my all time favorites! I can't stop at just one (handful) and want to eat an entire bagful. Yikes! I'll have to stay away from the Halloween aisle in the grocery store!!

Last night, I had a meeting (I am the president of a charity group here) and I saw a lot of women that I haven't seen for months. I was wearing my new size 6 jeans and I got so many compliments! Most of them said that I gave them my 30 pounds! LOL I am so stoked! Still half a pound to go to make my September goal. This weekend will be interesting--we're on our way to Laughlin Nevada for a wedding.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #25  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

haha Im eating some tuna and I just dropped a big glob of it on my already disgusting keyboard haha now its going to smell like tuna!

Shelly- That is just too funny! my mom brought a huge bag of candy carn and I had like 5 peices but then worked out for like 1 1/2 last weekend. I cant belive I gave in but I just wanted one peice and it turned into five so I got my sugar fix being that I havent had sugar in two weeks of anykind. and Im done.

Lynn- First haa thats my middle name , and second, I dont see myself ebing a neat freak, I just like things messy to much , Im too lazy to clean it , and I do clean it, everyweekend or so and then by monday its hurricane amy again!

Thanks GGdean- But I am on the low carb diet thing so if anyone knows of any lowcard ice cream sign me up!!!

Alli- Have fun at the wedding you deserve to dance your skinny *** off!

Suzy- Im praying for travis.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #26  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Well I just did like 2 hours of a workout Man I killed myself today!

1st I did a pregnancy yoga thing from a crunch fitness dvd with my sister and she was all tired and gave up half way through , it was easy for me so I quit that and put in my gasp!! Burn and Firm pilaties !!!!!! I hate that workout so much , I'm suprised the dvd case wasnt covered in dust!

It is beyond difficult. I swear its aimed at pepole with the physicalities of 2 frustrated! Its like 37 minutes of squats and jumping jacks than 10 minutes of abs!!!

I get so tired from it too but i finished it but man I am sooooo tired.!If I did that this morning like I had planned at 4:30 !!!! I would have been wiped all day in classes!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #27  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Ok ya'll here comes the weekend...the hardest time of the week to stay OP. Dee is having a fancy dinner party, Shelley has candy corn in the freezer that is calling her name, and to top it all off, Gayle is married to the ice cream man, so get ready for "Stay Strong Saturday"! Don't blow this week's hard work by getting into the sweets or by pigging out...stay strong and stay OP!

Cheryl ~ Welcome back! Yoy have been missed! I hope your kitty will do much better with her new diet and that she won't need medication.

Allison ~ Congratulations on the size 6 jeans! I can't even imagine...actually I don't even think my bones would fit into a size 6!

vouge ~ I think you should get the Floozie Fitness Award for today! A 2 hour workout is awesome!
Old 09-23-2006, 08:17 AM   #28  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Suzy- Thanks haha Im a little sore this morning but I think its just body aches and not necesarily sore muscles. I will be trying to hard this saterday to not give into temptation.

Allison- I second that about the jeans, I dont think I can ever wear size 6 but hey 6 months from now who knows i may be wering size 5 or 4!

Yesterday everyone else in my house had pizza and i made a leftover porkchop but i would occasionally Pick peporonies and sausages off the pizzas and nibble on them hah!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #29  

I am off to synogogue for Rosh Hashanah services. I feel like a blimp in these pants I'm wearing. I haven't really gained anything, it's just redistributed from not running. Biking just isn't doing it for me.

Gayle-I didn't realize they are sugar-free. I'll have to read the label to see how much sorbitol is in it before I can buy. With my UC, I have to be very careful. The Popsicle fudge bars don't mess too much with my stomach. I might have seen them and not bought because of the fat content. I'll check them out.

Vogue-Good for you on the workout. Be careful, though. You don't want to overdo it. If you do too much too quick, you might burn yourself out on exercising.

Allison-I bet you were just on cloud 9 from all the compliments!
Old 09-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #30  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Thanks shelly, untill I am in better shape overall I will stick to walking home form school and every other day doing that vigerous workout and my 400 daily crunches on the pilaties ball. I love love love the pilaties ball.

Well everyone , today I am especially happy! I pulled out a skirt that a month a go was too tight and wondava today it is loser and I call pull it in front of me, If I wear it in 2 more weeks I swear I will need a belt and need to put it on the 3rd notch! I feel great! I am going to try on my goal jeans today and see if im closer to fitting in them. I know I wont fit but I just want to see if I am closer. Right now last time I went shopping I was a size 15 , But after today I wonder about a size 14.....

Also I have a belly roll and call me crazy but it is so much smaller. I feel like my legs are firmer. I can feel little muscles trying to pop out. If I only had a digital camera! My arms look amazing. I sat out and tanned in my bikini type thing today , my moms like you need a new swim suit , I go lets wait until may or june , I really wanna get a yellow polka dot bikini haha! She keeps telling me how good i look and is being really supportive. She bought some shrimp and other low carb meals for me to eat on nights they have pasta or somethign like that. She got some chicken , some ready to fry burgers to eat with no bun. I love her!

I was going to get a scale today but we never got around to going to walmart and we went to the party store and i blew all my $$$ on stupid bridesmaids gifts type things for my sister whos getting married next weekend. All my family from chicago is coming in on wendsay and thursday , they have no idea about my dieting so I am waiting to see their reactions or if they notice.!

I am wearing a halter top dress with a low cut corset tie type back , so I been tanning, working mainly on my arms and back area on my tan and my workouts. I want my shoulders to look fabulous!
Closed Thread