View Poll Results: What is the biggest challenge of your diet plan?
The expense of the pre-packaged foods 1 5.56%
The convenience store on the corner 0 0%
My family doesn't eat the diet foods I eat 3 16.67%
I get discouraged because I don't see results 7 38.89%
I got bored eating the same meals 4 22.22%
I don't have time to prepare the foods I should eat 7 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 11:50 PM   #1  
Losing it!

Default LOOZING FLOOZIES #92 **Cheryl we miss you!

WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF FLOOZIE LAND! ONCE YOU STOP IN AND CHECK US OUT, YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:17 AM   #2  
Losing it!

I hope you guys like the poll I attached. For me, it is all about planning and making the time to prepare healthy food options. If I have a busy day and if I am not prepared, it is so easy to "toss in the towel" and grab a 30 minute box mix out of the pantry or drive through a fast food place.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:20 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! You do post a lot over the weekend I just skim-read

I had a great Saturday - 9.5 miles run to kickboxing, then a class, then I picked up my wedding dress Then we went to Greenwich on the boat down the Thames and had a lovely meal. Sunday not so great but got some chores done, which is making me feel a little happier this morning!

All round!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:45 AM   #4  

Great poll, Gayle. I also like the name of the thread! Becky left so quickly, I hardly got to see her. She looks fantastic. Must be all that working out. She has dropped a few lbs. Didn't gain the freshman 15 at all.

Yesterday was not a good Core day for me, but I'll be right back on today.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:11 AM   #5  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Frustrated , I was watching bridget jones yesterday here in america and i couldnt help but think of you.

Shelly- Im sure becky will be fine, its a big day, I keep imagining the day I leave my parents and head out to my dorm so trust me its great that you were there. I am not going to be gaining 15 lbs. I like to think of that saying only applyies to the pepole who have never lost a single gosh darn pound in there life let alone the 50+ I plan to lose. She will be fine. :-)
Old 09-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I don't have much time to prepare good healthy meals, so I grab bad things and go. Monday's I work 9 to 9 and just grab things all day. There is a cafe at work but hamburgers and fries are the main things offered. I usually have a salad with some turkey for lunch, but by dinner time, the burger is the easiest. I know I am have to plan and bring my meals with me, but so far, I haven't got my act together this semester!

Time for me to head to work!
Everyone have a great day!!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had a great weekend! I got so many little things done that had been nagging me for weeks. It really felt good to get all those little things done! The other good thing was buying a new pair of jeans. At first I thought it was a fluke that at Talbots the size 6 fit me so well (I was hoping to fit into an 8!). Anyway, I went to the Gap on Sunday and tried on both the 8 and 6 and there, again, the 6 fit much better! Pretty cool considering I'm not at goal yet.
This morning, my weight shifted up to 142 from 140.5 on Sunday. It's probably a combination of weighing in early and TOM. Weekends, I sleep in until 6:30 or so, weekdays, I'm up at 4:30. Do y'all think 2 hours could cause part of it, or is it just TOM and water gain?
I ate really, really well on Saturday and not too terribly on Sunday. I did indulge in 1 beer and 1 martini over the weekend (still no wine!). Isn't it funny how I can stop at one beer (actually, I could stop at 1/2) and I can stop at one cocktail, but when it comes to wine, I tend to finish off the whole bottle? And I really, really, hate feeling drunk! I guess my taste buds just really like cabernet and merlot!!!
I got my Sunday walk in and it felt great. After so many months of not walking (due to heat and humidity) we finally got in the whole walk. Last week and the week before, we cut it short. So far, I'm not feeling any stiffness, so that's good.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #8  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Dee put down the pumpkin pie...it's MOTIVATION MONDAY!

Fast food and eating out is a big downfall here too. We are on the run a lot these days and it's easier just to grab something out than to take the time to fix something at home. It seems like quite a few of us have that problem. With that in mind, how about if we call tomorrow "Take Time Tuesday"? Take some time tomorrow to cook a healthy meal or at the very least plan some fast easy meals. Post your meal ideas and recipes here to share with everyone! If everyone posts one meal then we should have a weeks worth of fast easy dinner menus for everyone to use.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Hi All,

This will be a short message, due to the fact I am at a friends, using her computer. Mine took a serious dump on Thursday, and I have a new dell coming, but don't know when. They say Oct. 2, but might be sooner.

We have NO baby yet, and my daughter is really upset, her doctor will not let her go to the birth center if she doesn't go into labor on her own, and she has had natural birth will all but one of her children, and that one was born at the hospital and was not a good experience. I pray she goes into labor on her own, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

My weight this week has gone up and down, but when I went to WW this morning it was down a pound and a half.

TAke care all, and I will let you know when I am at her house as they have several computers.

Monica
Old 09-18-2006, 03:09 PM   #10  
Losing it!

2frustrated, your Saturday sounded lovely! Great job fitting in time for exercise!

Shelley, Are you feeling better about Becky being away from home? I bet it is quiet at your house though...maybe you can rest easier knowing she is taking care of herself by the way it sounds.

Vouge, do you have a certain weigh-in day? Just want to make sure we celebrate with you on the losses!

Debi, Maybe it will start to slow down for you once the students are settled in. It makes all the difference in the world to be prepared and have the time to fix proper food choices. GOOD LUCK!

Allison, I am the same way with liquor. I can have 1-2 mixed drinks or beer and stop...wine is my downfall, I will finish the bottle. I have not had wine for a week now. If I wanted something, I had 1.5 oz of liquor in a diet soda. My favorite is Capt. Morgans spiced rum in a diet Pepsi. I bet you are still "happy dancing" over the smaller jean size!

Suzy, I am going to go ahead and post my recipe today. I even planned ahead today, can you believe it? Tomorrow night I may be eating out with a few of Steves work associates. Tonight we are having the recipe posted plus a dinner roll and fresh cucumber slices.

Monica, GOOD LUCK WITH BABY & THE COMPUTER! We will miss you! I had a horrible first experience in the hospital with my first daughter (natural labor/birth). The second baby I had at a womans center and they induced labor. It was a small miracle for me...the difference between night & day. I hope your daughter has a safe and comfortable birthing experience. I will be waiting for baby news!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Taco Soup

This recipe reminds me of a stuffed pepper flavor. It is very quick & easy!

1 pound 93/7 ground beef
1/2 cup green pepper (diced)
1/2 cup onion (diced)
2 cans tomato soup
2 cans water
1 package taco seasoning

Saute the ground beef, onion, green peper until the beef is browned.

Place in the bottom of a crockpot turned to low. Add the 2 cans of soup, taco seasoning and the 2 cans of water. Allow to cook on low for most of the day. This is really good, the tomato soup gives it a different flavor too.

Servings: 6/1 cup servings WW points: 3
I think it figures out to about 100 calories per cup.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Ahhhhhhh....tonight for a late snack/dessert......we are having the gooey, hot from the oven sugar free cinnamon rolls!! 110 calories each and they taste like heaven!!!! Mmmmmmm....can you smell them???? LOL!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:01 PM   #13  

Suzy I DON'T WANT TO PUT DOWN THAT PUMPKIN PIE!!!! Do I have too?

Gayle your menu sounds good. I was going to post my Broccoli Cheese Soup. I think that I will do it tomorrow.

I feel like a Princess today. I have a cleanning lady down. She has been here since 9:00 and it is now 5:00. She isn't even done yet. She will be back tomorrow morning to finish off. You would think that I live in a mansion or my place is really dirty but it is neither. She is very particular. Larry has hired her to come once a month.
We are having a dinner party here on saturday and I just can't handle all the cooking and cleanning so this will lessen my load. I am just to fussy.

Well I better put the rice on. We are having tossed salad, s&s chicken and rice. Strawberrys and whipped cream for dessert. I still have 1/2 a pie to eat but I guess I will have to freeze and eat it another day. I have to listen to the boss.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #14  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Dee ~ You do have to put down the pie because I said SO! Actually instead of freezing it for another day you could send it home with the nice lady who cleaned your house today!

Gayle ~ The soup sounds good!

Monica ~ Sorry to hear about your computer...I hope you can get it fixed soon! That grandbaby of yours sure is taking his/her own sweet time! I'm praying that all goes well!

It's going to be a busy day for me tomorrow, so I did my planning tonight too. I'm trying a new recipe tomorrow night...Ultimate Chicken Sandwiches, but I'm planning on serving it without the bun (like fried chicken) with mashed potatoes (Tim will eat most of those ) and broccoli (I'll eat most of that ).

Ultimate Chicken Sandwiches

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 cup 1% buttermilk
1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
1/2 cup cornmeal
1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS
Pound chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour buttermilk into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
In a shall bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cornmeal, paprika, salt, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne. Remove chicken one piece at a time, allowing excess buttermilk to drain off. Discard buttermilk. Coat chicken with cornmeal mixture; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes. Turn chicken. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until juices run clear and coating is lightly browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.

NUTRITIONAL INFO
Nutritional Analysis: One sandwich equals 372 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 starch

Source: http://www.lightandtasty.com/
Old 09-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #15  

Suzy mmm that sounds really lish. Sending home that pumpkin pie with the cleanning lady would have been a good idea but she has gone home already for the day. Would you believe that she will be back tomorrow morning again. She isn't done. She worked 9 1/2 hours today and will start again at 9:00 and has to be done by 1:00. I can't believe how long it is taking her. She is good but that is going to cost around $200. Not what we expected. I did have her the windows and baseboards which would take more time than usual. Larry recommended her because she was his cleanning lady at work. He knows that I am fussy and she is too. Just he didn't realize I can clean faster than her and still get it perfect. It is kinda making me sick right now thinking how much it is going to cost. I was expecting $60-$70. Larry said don't worry about it and tell her that it was more than we expected. We will be getting someone every month but at that cost I don't think that it will be here.

Well I have to run, my Royal Fanners are here waiting on me hand and foot.
Closed Thread