Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile ~~ Thin Wannabees Chit-Chat #21 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 09-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #2  
CJ

Good morning everyone! How are you all doing? Where is everyone? Not much going on at this end - had more company over the weekend - my very good girlfriend from downstate came to visit us! I am still going to Curves Monday thru Friday - and still loving it. My weight is still at the same tho - I hope it will drop soon. Hope to hear from the rest of you gals soon! We do have a new member - Scalewatcher - and I do hope our "absense" doesn't scare her off - lol.

Well, need to get dressed and get to Curves. I'll check back in here later and sure do hope to hear from you all soon.

Love, CJ
Old 09-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Hiya CJ and welcome to scalewatcher!!! Same old same old here. Still not sure I like my new job. I'm supposed to work 7 to 11 pm at night but due to mandatory overtime conditions in place for over a year, my schedule seems to be 5:45 to 11 5 days a week right now. It really interferes with dinner time and my husbands schedule. I figure one night he won't be home on time and I'll get myself fired for being late to work. First time for everything.

I bought a new scale last week because my five year old son decided to jump on the old upright one and now it doesn't seem to work properly. The new one is a cheapo digital one and I can't get the same weight twice!!! I range from 148 to 157 depending on how many times I step on it, LOL Gonna go get a simple old fashioned one I think. I don't think I have gained anything or lost much in the last month. I can now where a size 8 jeans, which is about as small as I care to be anyways so it doesn't really matter what that stupid machine says.

Well gotta run off and take Nick to kindergarten. Good job on getting to curves CJ!!

TamiL
Old 09-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi guys,
Man I have been busy going as usual. I just went to San Francisco with Chrissy, from out Thin Group/Wanabee's. We had so much fun, it was a last minute trip but neither one of us had been there and we had a ball, such a beautiful town. We went to Carmel, Monterey, Pebble Beach, Sauslito and Muir Woods. San Francisco is a wonderful town, we rode the cable cars, went to Chinatown, Haigh Asbury, North Beach, Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf too. Had such a good time, was not wanting to leave. But it won't be my last time if I have anything to do with it. I want to go back with Ken one day.

Sylvia-I completly forgot you lived there or it would have been so nice to see you. Where have you been? Are you doing OK? I haven't been here in a while but will have to try to get here more often. If I go back again I will try to see you. How are you doing? Family OK, sure hope so. Post when you have a minute and let us know how you are doing.

CJ-It sounds like you have been doing so well with Curves, I am back in the swing of things and going once again almost every day. Lot of excitment between all of your family and your girlfriend and her daughter visiting.Hope you had a great time with all of them. How does your new countertop look? I am sure it looks great.

scalewatcher-Hi there and welcome to our group. You will love it here. We are a great group and we will give you lots of motivation, encouragement and support.

KimV-Glad that Hannah is doing good in school. That is horrible what happened to the Crocodile Hunter. I really liked him and know that he is Hannah's Idol. Let us know how it went when you told her, I feel so bad for her and hope it went well.

TamiL-Sorry about your scale, but I would do as you want to do and just go out and buy a new one. But don't worry, what matters is how your clothes fit. By the way congratulations on making it to your goal. You have done an amazing job and I couldn't be prouder of you.

Well better go, have lots to do. Tomorrow Ken and I are going back to California. This time to Santa Barbara to see our son, Alan in the Air Force. He was soppose to come home on leave yesterday, but because of work, they are short handed and he can't take his leavel and come home. One of the guys got on a motorcycle and smashed into a tree in Santa Barbara, but another one was with him and let him ride his extra bike without making sure the one who died had his certificate that said he took the safety classes, so he is in trouble too and they are investigating the accident. But the thing is, is that he is going to Korea for a year in a couple of weeks and I don't to wait over a year to see him. I was in tears when I found out they cancelled his leave. So if he can't come home than we figure we will go see him at his base. He is stationed at Vandenburg AFB in Lompac,Ca. But Ken and I will have to amuse ourselves during the day as he is working 8 and 12 hr days, with no days off so he is going to talk to his supervisor and see if they can give him at least a part of the day off for a couple of days so we can spend some time with him. Otherwise I guess we will be seeing him only at dinner. We will see.

Take care everyone and see you after I get back, which will be after Wednesday.

Love you,Sharon
Old 09-29-2006, 01:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Talking Hi to all my friends!

Hi everyone,

Boy, have I been busy. But I will get to that in a minute. First, the good news...

I am wearing a pair of jeans I have not been able to get into in a long time, probably at least 6 months. They are tight, but not uncomfortable. They are a pair of men's jeans, with a 38" waist. Used to wear them all the time, but gained weight last winter, then gained more while on sick leave. Boy, do I really feel good about myself right now!

Hannah took the loss of the Crocodile Hunter like only Hannah can do. Being autistic, I never know how she will react. She hasn't cried or acted upset by it. She has been angry, but that is directed to the stingray. She has asked questions like "Will he make more shows?" and "Is he in heavan?" I just take it one question and one day at a time with her. Watching his memorial service on TV kinda got to her, and she was full of questions that night, and almost cried, but didn't. So, we just play it by ear with her, and answer her questions, over and over and over again. She still wants to work at the Australia Zoo when she grows up, and it's like she is more determined than ever. I do hope she can achieve her dream.

I have recently joined the local civic theater here in town. A friend of mine has been involved in it for years, and finally talked me into it. I am working backstage doing set changes, and having a blast. Opening night is Friday, and I'm actually nervous about it. Can't imagine what I would be like if I was on stage.

My friend is so good in his role, though. He makes it look so easy. He is trying to get me to try out for a part, and I told him maybe one day. Right now, I am happy working on the sets and helping out backstage.

Work is going so much better than it has been going. I have a new supervisor that actually compliments peoples work. Not just point out all the things they do wrong. So, my attitude at work is improved some, and I believe so has my job performance. I almost like my job again. But I am still looking for another job. If the right one comes along, I might take it.

Guess that is all for now. I promise not to make it such a long time in posting. Hopefully, after this weekend (the show is this weekend), things will slow down for me.

Kim
Old 09-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #6  
banned

KimV

Congrats on fitting into your pants!!!! Now that is a wonderful achievment.

My daughter, she's 7, was a bit taken back by the loss of Steve Irwin too. She asked alot of questions about death in general. I'm glad Hannah is doing ok now.

Glad to see work is better now. Its amazing what a change in a supervisor and attitude can do for the environment. My workplace sees changes in staff on a daily basis.....7 quit Tuesday alone, LOL Unfortunately the change isn't coming from the management levels and that is truly where this company's problems exist. Perhaps I should point this out, I don't have anything to lose because I don't really care about my job right now.

The civic theater sounds like alot of fun....good for you! I wish you luck and happiness with that.

Yesterday I woke up with the right side of my face swelled to twice the size of my left. It hurt so bad and I couldn't get to see the doctor until after 6 pm because it was my last training day and I had to take a stupid idiot test and work the phones for 6 hours. Normally the phones don't bother me because god knows, I can talk to a total stranger for hours on end if you let me. But yesterday was different because it hurt just to move my mouth.....some would have considered this a blessing, LOL Went to the health clinic and go 2 lovely shots in the rear quarters and a prescription for antibiotics. This morning the swelling is still there but its slowly receding. The doctor doesn't think its an abcessed tooth, he said it started too high on my cheek and thinks I have a dreaded sinus infection. My first one........don't I feel blessed, LOL

Well gotta run, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. TamiL
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #7  

Tammi, I feel for you if it is a sinus infection. I have had those for years. Due to my allergies, and all the infections, I had to have surgery to finally fix things (had polops in my sinuses, blocking them from draining). I'm fine now, and would go through that surgery again just to be able to stay well. lol.

Anyway, glad to hear the swelling is going down some. I am a talker, too (couldn't guess could you?) and I know some people probably would be consider it a blessing, too. lol. My soon-to-be ex used to joke he hoped I would get larengitis when I caught a cold.

Hope you get to feeling better, and excuse my poor spelling.

Kim
Old 10-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #8  
banned

Kim,
Thanks! The swelling has mostly gone away, I still have a lump on the side of my nose. It doesn't hurt much anymore but I am really leaning towards the tooth problems. But with no dental insurance atleast until the new year when the post office finally gets to get dental coverage I will just have to tough it out.
Don't worry about your spelling, I used to be a champion speller in grade school and now I just type whatever comes to mind without paying much attention to if its spelled correctly, LOL
Now thats funny what your ex thought!! I work in customer service for a cell phone carrier.......I talk nonstop to these people, mostly I just talk in circles because I really can't help them much. Sad but unfortunately true. Did I mention, I hate my job!!! The turnover rate is incredibly high because we aren't treated very well. 7 people quit on one day last week. I figure I'll try to tough it out until Christmas and then search for greener pastures. That is ofcourse unless they fire me first....it will be a first time for me if I get fired but for some strange reason, I actually look forward to it, LOL I think I just have a low tolerance for idiots the older I get.
Well I hope all is well at your house. The next few months are going to be busy busy busy here with the holidays coming on. I just love Christmas with the kids. I just wish they liked toys still. Its going to be an electronic Christmas here and thats just not as much fun as all the cute little toys they used to want. Gotta run, time for bed.

Tami
Old 10-04-2006, 09:30 AM   #9  
CJ

Hi ladies! A real quickie here as I am trying to type in between storms and will have to shut down real soon! REAL SOON!

Sorry I haven't been in lately ... have had a alot of stuff to do and just haven't been on the computer much at all.

Tami: I don't want to alarm you but please do go see the dentist as soon as you can and have that checked out. It very much could be an infected tooth! The same thing happened to my hubby a few years back - he is not prone to sinus problems at all and he woke up one morning with his whole side of his face swelled up! My first reaction was an absessed tooth but he dissagreed with me (of course, men don't like us women to be right) ... he just got some over the counter sinus medicine (we weren't close to home when this happened) and the next day he was even worse than the first so we took him to the clinic and they sent him to the hospital for exrays and their conclusion was also a sinus infection. Well, of course theanitbiotics worked and the swelling went down but when he went to the dentist when we got home he mentioned the incident to the dentist and they took exrays, then took exrays again and indeed their was a tooth that was absessing - it was in a hard to find place. Problem taken care of and he has had no problems since. Definately no sinus problems! (like me)! And ... he even admitted that his wife was right! LOL So please, have it checked out when you can just to be sure.

Sorry I can't post individually to the rest of you all now .. gotta run - here comes the storms again! I'll be back.

Love, CJ
Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Yall - I have great news I lost 3.6 pounds this week. I am so excited. I have a busy next few days (until Sunday) so I may not be able to post very often but don't forget about me I'll be back.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #11  
CJ

Hey there Scalewatcher - great news! 3 1/2 lbs is greeeeeaaaat! Keep up the good work. Sorry about our missing gals ... I'm sure things will get more chatty soon - I hope anyways. Guess we're all just busy.

Hope everyone is fine and hope to hear from EVERYONE very soon!

Love, CJ
Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #12  

Hi y'all,

Well, the show is over, and the set is torn down. Back to my 'normal' life. lol. I'm actually glad everything is done for right now. As much fun as I had, I need to get things done around the house, and have school work to keep up with, besides trying to keep up with my seven year old.

The experience with the civic theatre was fantastic, though. I learned a lot, and made some new friends. I got involved in the show in the last couple weeks of rehearsal, but was made to feel welcomed and part of this extended family. And the producer made me feel like I really did some good there. It's always a nice feeling to be wanted. lol. She did tell me she would call me the next time she produces a show.

And I've decided, once Hannah gets older, if she wants to volunteer, or even try out for some parts, I would love to see her get involved. She came to a couple rehearsals with me, and seemed to fall in love with all the activity going on. It was hard to keep her off stage. She loved the attention she got from everyone complimenting her on how pretty she is, and how good she was.

I had parent/teacher conference last week with Hannah's teacher. I knew Hannah was doing well in school, but she amazed me. She got all 100%'s on her report card, hasn't missed any spelling words, math problems, etc yet (and I say yet. I know she's not perfect and the day will come when she gets stumped by something). She did very well on the state and local testings, though she could have done better if they weren't timed tests. She is too much the perfectionist was the problem. One test she received the highest scores for first grade. (A "mini" achievement like test that I don't think students officially do until third grade). The way the teacher explained it, most first graders are expected and usually get around the low 20's in points out of 40 possible. Hannah got 32 out of 40. It seems her only problem was it being timed. Talk about being blown out of the water! I'm amazed. I don't even know what to think about her some days. But, I know she has the ability to do well in school, and I will probably end up being very tough on her. I had a mom who hated school when she was a kid, so didn't push us kids. As long as we passed, she was happy. I dropped classes just because I didn't want to work hard at them, and she was always okay with it. Now, I think I'm going to turn into some kind of monster with Hannah if I'm not careful.

Her teacher and I did discuss her autism, and she thinks maybe Hannah has Asperger's Syndrome. People with Asperger's are high functioning, and show high intelligence, and it is a form of autism. I'm wondering now if I shouldn't have Hannah re-evaluated to make sure we have the right diagnosis for her, and if it would do any good to change her diagnosis from mild autism to Asperger's if that is what she has. Will it make any difference in her life? I guess I will have to do some research on it. By the way, can't tell I'm the proud mom right now, can you? lol

Well, not much of a difference on the weight loss end of things. I haven't gained any weight that I can tell, but don't think I've lost any, either. I'm not really worrying about it right now. Not watching what I eat, and definatly not drinking water like I was. I'm also hitting the pop hard at work again. If I'm not careful, I will be back out of those jeans again before I know it, specially with winter coming.

guess that is all for now. I'm going to head to bed so I can start another wonderful day in that lovely factory I feel like I call home some days.

Take care and talk to you all soon,

Kim
Old 10-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #13  

Hi guys,
Is everyone ready for the weekend? I am! We are having our Ethnic Expo and I look forward to it every year. There will be rows and rows of ethnic booths with all different foods. I like to try to stay on program, I like the asian booths where I can get some chicken or beef on a stick. But there are also the Polish perogi's, German potato pancakes and other no so good for me foods, which I love. Not to mention the booth where they have tables and tables of deserts for this womans service league. I guess I will just split something with Ken and eat 2 bites and tell him to eat the rest. LOL

KimV-That is great that you are fitting into your old jeans. How good a feeling is that? Glad you had a good experience helping with your show. And how great is little Hannah doing so good at school? Considering all she has to overcome, that is great. You have done such a great job with her, give yourself a pat on the back as well.

TamiL-Sorry about all your recent trouble with the sinus infection, but I am glad your swelling is going down and hopefully things will return to normal. I had a sinus infection many years ago and thought I would die it hurt so bad. Sorry about your job, But I think it is a good move to tough it out, with Christmas coming up, it will sure help you out.

scalewatcher-Congratulations on your 3.6 lb loss too. You should be proud and I am sure that your clothes are getting bigger and bigger on you. Don't worry if you are busy and can't post, I know the feeling. Post when you get unbusy and don't worry we won't forget you. You are a great addition to our wonderful group.

CJ-My gosh you have been a busy lady lately. I am sure things are a bit quitier with all your company gone. I love when my family comes around, in fact Tracy and her husband, Brett just surprised us on Friday and popped in on us. Didn't tell me, Just Ken, so Kelly and I were both surprised. We got together a couple of times and had a great time. I know you too love when your family comes for a visit.

We had a great time when we went to Lompac and visited Alan. I think he was so happy that we took the time to fly there before he went off to Korea. We had a great time, visited Santa Barbara and some other beautiful places on the Pacific ocean. He is now in Korea and just called yesterday to let us know he got there safe and sound. I know with everything going on with North Korea, it worries me. But I know that North Korea is communist and in Osan, South Korea it is not so I am hoping and praying that he stays safe. I miss him though and hope that the year that is is gone passes quickly.

Well take care guys and talk to you all later, Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 10-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #14  
CJ

Good morning everyone! Where are you all??? Come out come out wherever you are!

Just getting ready here to go to Curves - still going 5 days a week and still loving it! I get my third weigh-in in another week so we'll see ...

Kim:
Good job on getting into your smaller jeans! I'm in between a size right now so hopefully I may be able to do that also - soon! I hope anyway.

Sharon:
Hey girlfriend - sounds like you had a lot of fun with Allen - I bet he was really happy to see you and Ken. I'm sure he will be fine in Korea - we'll just all keep him in our hearts and prayers that he will be safe while he is there. Hey, I sent you an email - did you get it? We may be right in your area the end of the month - shall I bring the buttershots? just in case? LOL

Tami:
How is your sinus infection? Hope you are feeling better - did you get checked by the dentist tho in case it is a tooth problem? Speakaing of sinus isnfections - I have been fighting one myself for the last 2 weeks. They are definately not fun!

Everyone else - please do come back and post with us! We miss you all - let us know how you are doing.

We are still undecided on whether we will be going to Indiana the end of this month for a family reunion. So many things are going on right now - we'll probably be deciding at the last minute .. anyway - Sharon - if we do go I sure do hope we can get together! How fun will that be!

OK ... hope to hear from everyone SOON! Talk to ya all later...

Love, CJ
Old 10-18-2006, 11:06 PM   #15  

Hey CJ,
Thanks for the well wishes and the prayers for Alan in Korea.Yes, hopefully we can see you if you come at the end of the month for a visit. Maybe I have some Buttershots, I will check and see and let you know. I did get your email and the one you resend as well today I think I got it and plan to answer it soon. Glad you are doing so well with Curves, I also try to get to Curves almost every day and when I don't go I try to either walk or jump on my new exercise bike downstairs or do one of my Leslie Sansone video's I have. You are doing great CJ with your exercise program. Keep up the great work.

Yes, where are the rest of us Wannabee's???? Come on back and post with us. WE MISS YOU!!!!

Take care guys and talk to you later, Sharon
Closed Thread