Old 09-01-2006, 08:03 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default WEIGHTY ISSUES #44 Sept. 06

to the SEPTEMBER edition of our Weighty Issues thread

Fall is coming. Leaves are starting to change, the weather is getting cooler time to get out there and get in some brisk walks. Who doesn't wanna look good and more importantly, FEEL good instead of ----> Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #2  

Hey guys. They are here taking pics of the house and all of the measurements they need to list it. I am having a rought few days now. I think it is b/c it is a little cooler and I can spend time outside in the yard (you all know how much I love that) and play with the dogs. Oh well, not much I can do about that. I know we will make this new home our own too. I wishwe would ahve known this b4 we did all the stuff we did to the house this year. We could have saved that money.

Angie that is great that she stopped by to see you. That is really nice of her. Hey, look at it this way, you may have just made a new friend. Way cool. Oh yeah, Houston is about 5 hours away from here so it is a good little drive if I get home sick. I am going to try to start up again with work when I get there but I think I might wait until Jan. I notice that business slows around the holidays for me so why waste my time.

Julie that is one thing I don't look forward to about kids, all the money you have to spend. It is crazy all the stuff they need and teachers want certain name brands of things too.

Noelle I swear you should write a book! That is some of the craziest things I have heard. I guess even back in the older days they did strange things too, like having a second family.

Well, I need to put a few things away so that they arn't in our house pics. I don't think anyone wants to see my bras drying on the rack in the luandry room.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempyd View Post
Well, I need to put a few things away so that they arn't in our house pics. I don't think anyone wants to see my bras drying on the rack in the luandry room.
...you never know, that may be the selling point for some weirdo with a fetish

Hi ladies, just taking a breather from work. I have been sorting out receipts and invoices and trying to reconcile some accounts ALL morning. I have this one account which I screwed up an entry and I don't know how to fix it. I was stuck for almost 2 hours trying to figure it out how to do it the "right" way, then I said screw it, and made an adjusted entry. I know my accountant will call me on it later on... I hate this stuff. It's mostly my fault though, I'm a terrible "filer", and just throw things into boxes for "later". Now's it's time to pay the piper. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh, I HATE filing, it's the bane of my existence!

Angie, that was nice of the woman to stop by again. The dog sounds like a sweetheart after all. Poor guy. I would feel kind of weird going to workout in a gym since I'm self-conscious like you, but I think it may be something that I would try IF I thought the other person was OK, not some weirdo. haha, "weirdo" seems to be my theme of the day huh? It's the filing that's making me crazy Nope, no boat at home yet...I'm not holding my breath on it either. I'm tired of asking Rick about it and finding out more things that need to be done... He says it's real close to being perfect...I'll believe it when I see it in waters off Honolulu instead of Kona!

Kempy, taking a break from working until next year sounds like a great plan, I'd do it too if I could. Is your house going to be listed online? I'd love to see it if it is.

Hey Julie, great job on exercising daily. Good for you. Hope the knee doesn't act up too much, there's nothing worse than having to motivation to workout and not being able to physically do it. So your kiddos are back in school now? Are you enjoying the alone time or are you thinking about doing some P/T work? Is your boy still in TKD? Michael took his 1st brown belt exam on Wednesday, we're waiting to see if he passed and will find out on Monday. Their karate style has 6 levels of brown so it'll be awhile until he makes it to black. Sorry to go on and on with the questions.... I miss chatting w/ya.

Well, I better get back to work. Hi to all
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

bump. where is everyone this weekend? I hope you had a better time than I did.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I just got back from my walk and I ended up running some of the way home. I had walked to the end through the fields and was back to the first side street. On the other side of the road is an old farm house with a huge chicken house that hasnt been used for years. Well behind the farm there is nothing but woods for miles and miles. I am walking and all of a sudden in the woods right there I hear yowling from several animals. I stop and listen and the dogs are really interested too. There is nothing back there so it wasnt someones pet. I think it was Coyotes. Holy cow my heart started pumping and I ran the dogs all the way home. I dont even dare to let Domino (the stray cat) outside because he usually is hanging around that area and I dont want him to get killed. I wished jay was home so I could make him drive up there and listen to it. I dont think I will be taking that walk alone again.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I am having a difficult morning but I won't bore you with the details. I am back to work so that should say enough Didn't do much this weekend except veg out with my sisters and watch DVD's, eat microwave popcorn and complain about the heat. It has been hot and muggy and it rained all night. The poor dog next door was whimpering when the rain started lightly around midnight, then it started coming down heavy, the dog started howling. I just realized that those dumb neighbors just tie the dog to the backyard fence (next to a tool shed) with a really short 4' chain and he barely has 3' of roof to hide under, no dog house no box no nothing, not even a mat to sleep on. I am making a complaint to the humane society this morning because that dog is getting neurotic, they neglect him and all their cats aren't fixed so they just keep reproducing. Aren't I a joy to live next to?

Angie, first of all, a BIG congratulations on your continuing weight loss!!! And that after having a fast food meal too. Secondly, I'm sorry that your visits with Brit are so difficult for you all. Does she have a counselor or therapist that can get to the bottom of why she is so hostile to you? Or is that just the depression talking? I feel for you girl Hey, I'm glad there were no problems with the coyotes (if that's what they were)--but at least you found out you could run if you wanted to right? Are you saving your pumpkins for Halloween and thanksgiving?

Anywhos, I better get back to work. The sooner I get this cr@p done the more I can goof off again
Old 09-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #7  

Hi everyone,

It's been a very stressful past week for me. My father had open heart surgery last week. They replaced his valve with a pig valve. Then, when I went to the hospital today for a visit, and they're putting him on the gurney to have a pace maker inserted. I couldn't stay there with my mom, because I went with my son and granddaughter. Anyway, I haven't heard how things went yet.

Angie, I'm sorry about your weekend. Britt, unfortunately, doesn't appreciate you and your family. She still has the "grass is greener anywhere else, but home" mentality.

Noelle, I hope your day gets better. Oh yeah, I file like you do, and then at tax time, it takes me days to get it all organized. I've never liked filing, and always let it pile up before finally doing it.

Hello to everyone else. I hope you all are having a great day.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:41 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies

cw , I am thinking good thoughts and sending prayers your way for your father's speedy recovery. I would hate the worrying and waiting. I hope you hear good news soon and that he is fully recuperating.

Yesterday around 2pm a military flatbed carrying an excavator ripped a huge chunk out of a concrete walkway bridge--snarling traffic on the freeway for hours. Luckily I live and work in the same area so it didn't affect me much, but Rick took 3 hours to get home, which normally would have been less than a 1/2 hour drive. Construction crews had to demolish the bridge overnight because it wasn't safe, and the freeway only reopened at 4 a.m. Now the pedestrians who live on the other side of the freeway have to go a long ways around . Apparently the driver had hit 3 other freeway signs before hitting the bridge and getting stuck. Then on a really weird note, the police found a van parked on the median near the incident, and the driver was dead! I'm guessing that maybe the guy was really pissed off about being stuck in traffic and had a heart attack...of course that's pure speculation, but sheesh!

So with that, I hope you all are having a wonderfully smooth hump day.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Hello

So what y'all up to this Thursday? Nothing new here, just working thru more paperwork. It's amazing what I can accomplish when I am so inclined and really apply myself Truth be told I have a deadline so that's really lighting a fire under my @ss Other than that, Rick's run away to Kona early this morning and hopefully will be able to bring the boat home this weekend. (How many times have I said this girls? ) But I am crossing my fingers that all goes OK.

Anywho, hope you all have a great Thursday. Back to work for me
Old 09-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! I walked Alicia to school this morning for my walk and to get her in an extra walk as well. It was foggy out so that kinda sucked until we got to where the sidewalks start but we made it.

Not really anything exciting happening around here. My life is pretty quiet.

How is everyone and where did they all go? It is so quiet, I figured everyone would come back once school got going. I hope we dont die out after being here for 4 years.

Oh on a plus not, I OFFICIALLY weigh less than I did when I met you guys 4 years ago!!! Which may or may not be a good thing since that was my starting point last time but hey I am happy. I cant believe that I gained the other 54 pounds back this time and now I still have another 75 more to go. I will do it eventually. I am okay to be doing it slowly this time around for some reason. That sounds weird but I would rather be slowly losing than quickly gaining and feeling out of control.

I should really deep clean the house. I hope everyone can check in this weekend.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

Hi Angie... I am super busy at work with this paperwork, it's just crazy. I have to meet with the accountant next week and I am not looking forward to it. I always feel kinda dumb when I'm talking to him, I dunno why, he's really nice and everything, but I feel like I'm in high school all over again and the teacher is going to call on me for answers when I wasn't paying attention And Rick is just driving me nuts by not turning in all his receipts and here I am left to try and assemble the wreckage. It makes me even more pissed off that he's in Kona NOT working. He should be here being miserable with me

Hey, celebrate your milestones! Even though you "weigh the same" as you did when we met 4 years ago, that is still a great thing considering how far you've come in just these past few months. You are awesome! So what did Alicia's friends think of her new look? I bet she looks great. You guys are heading into fall weather now right? It's still blazing hot here and sticky and muggy, you'd love it not.

Well, I guess I should get back into this work or else I may never get done today. Chat w/ya later.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #12  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Back from oblivion

hEY mY gIRLS!!

I know I missed a lot but you know I was at battle trying to get myfinancial aide and it's pretty much settled for the most part. I got my schedule and I start class on monday. Whew!

As far as weight, I kinda let myself go I gained about 5 pounds and I'm back in the 140s but I am no longer stressing over school and I have a whole new schedule so I'll get back on track. Besides, I know it's just water weight anyway because I put it on so fast.

Anyways...

Angie- I am so proud of you and all your weight loss. And I'm glad that your DD is moving in the rigt direction. You still have some challenges ahead but hang in there.

Noelle- Sorry about the paperwork stress. We still have a few warm days ahead in NY but fall is making it's presence known. I'm not looking forward to winter. I hate the cold but gotta deal with it, right?

Okay, I decided that this is my last "fat" summer. I set a goal of 15 pounds of weight loss by new years! In the meantime, i gotta figure out a better way to deal with all this stress.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #13  

Hello Ladies,

My house is finally back together. We've put things back in the living room like we want them and the office looks like an office again, and not a storage room.
School is going great. A couple of kids are trying themselves, but I put a stop to that....real fast. I don't really have problems with them, but the other teachers are not very happy. Two of them are long-term substitutes and I'm not sure how long one of them will be staying. One is subbing for the Social Studies teacher because she is on maternity leave (she'll be back in 2 weeks). The kids really give them a bad time; they also give the new math teacher problems. I talked to the asst principal and let her know that those three are not very happy and I believe they want to leave. Good thing we don't have the group of kiddos from last year...those teachers would've already left.
We're halfway through the first quarter already. Only 4 weeks until fall break. I can't believe it's going so fast.
My cousin just got back, last week, from Italy and he sent some photos to me. They actually made me homesick. Hubby and I are seriously talking about moving over there. We'll wait until he finishes his masters degree in ESL, which will be 1-2 years, then I think we will move there. I'm just trying to figure out a way to do it and keep our house here. I really don't want to sell it.
Weight loss is alluding me right now. These pounds have found a home and they won't be evicted!! I don't want to give up, but I'm so frustrated.
I scored tickets, for Ashley, to go see the Cheetah Girls and Hannah Montana in concert in two weeks. She's going to be so excited. She doesn't even know they are coming in concert. I'm going to tell her that those tickets are her birthday present. Of course, I'll take enough money for her to buy a t-shirt, program, CD....etc.

Angie: I'm so glad that Brit is getting the help she needs. I hope those positive meetings continue and she can come home soon as the Brit you remember.
CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are really doing awesome. Keep it up. Are you planning to go to Florida this year?

Noelle: Good luck with the accountant. I was looking at all my receipts that I'll have to organize for taxes after January. I'm so NOT looking forward to that. It would be so easy to organize things now, but I get so tired of looking at papers!
Hope your boat (and hubby) are back home soon. How does Michael like school so far?

Kempy: I hope things are going well with the house hunting/selling. It is exciting to go somewhere new, but it's also scary to leave what's comfortable.

Julie: I hope you and your family are doing well. We miss you.

Dips: Good luck with your classes this semester. I know you'll do great. I'm also rooting for you and your goal for New Year's. I know you can do it. How's your baby doing??

Hello to everyone else. Come out and chat. We miss you.

Cal

Last edited by calnative; 09-10-2006 at 09:56 AM.
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, Happy Sunday You would not believe this but I am working today (ME! working on a Sunday ). I stayed in the office all day yesterday too, Michael had his Pokemon gameboy game, some coloring books and snacks. I also went out to dinner with my girlfriends last night and didn't get in til 1 a.m....so overall I've had maybe 6 hours of sleep. I'm sure I'll crash sometime today but right now I'm running on fumes I just got a call from Rick too--the boat is doing great and they were somewhere between the Big Island and Maui so they're heading home Please cross your fingers and keep him in your prayers for a safe passge home.

Cal, I'm sure your house looks beautiful. Did you get to upload some pics to your photobucket? That is so cool that you got those tickets for Ashley, she will so surprised. My 9 y.o. niece would love to see that show too. And thinking about moving to Italy??? How exciting

Dips, good luck with school and congrats on the $$ aid. My niece is going off to boot camp on Thursday. I can't believe she's really going. Did I tell you that the National Guard recruiter was jacking her around and not returning her phone calls? So she up and went to the Army Reserve recruiter instead. So she'll be off to Ft. Jackson, So. Carolina

Angie, congrats on rocking that scale girl! (and i mean that in a good way ) I think those girls at Alicia's school were just feeling green w/envy for her looking so good--i would've wanted to smack them too.

Kempy, congrats on the house!!! What a beautiful place! So how soon is the move? When can we come visit?

**if Kempy has your email address you should have gotten a link to pics of her new house, a model home--check it out, it is AMAZING!!!!

Well girls, I really gotta get going. Have a great rest of the weekend and chat w/you more tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies. I am in my clean office and restocking my shelves. I had to print 2 huge reports yesterday (400+ pages each!) so I figured I'd take the time to vacuum, dust and wipe everything down--I mean everything. I even flipped the couch over so I could get underneath it, then got out the leather upholstery wipes for my car and wiped the whole couch down--poor thing never had this kind of treatment ever since we bought it 10 years ago .

And I have Rick to thank for that... turns out, they set out from the Big Island at first light (around 5:30 a.m.), the water was really rough and choppy so they had to go really slowly, plus the engine is brand new so they have to break it in. They reached Lahaina, Maui around noon. Then when they wanted to refuel the harbor master wasn't there. They were at a sort of ritzy yacht club where you can't just use a credit card to pay at the pump--you have to have the club card. So they had to ask around for someone with a gas card to help them. Well, as luck would have it, everyone around there only has the diesel card, Rick's engine is regular gas ... So a few hours later he finally finds someone to help him out and he pays him cash. Then it's too late in the afternoon to be crossing the main channel between Molokai and Oahu and the captain doesn't want to chance it in the dark, so they decide to wait til morning. So as of 6 a.m. this morning, they were approaching Molokai and heading home. I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping for an easy time of it. I will be SO RELIEVED when he is back on land. You guys know how if I get upset (in this case worried as heck) I like to clean clean clean.....so that is the back story on why my office is clean

Angie, I can't believe you guys are getting that cold already. I am still sleeping with no blankets here and the fan on. You know, maybe Brit just wants attention and she's trying to shock you by saying those things--like wanting to smoke and do dope. How do you react to it? I hope those professionals who are supposed to help her do it, and soon.

Well, I have the dreaded meeting with the accoutant today--Rick was supposed to come with me, but he's conveniently not here! So I have to get going. I guess I should just keep my Vegas trip in mind next month to get me through it . Have a good Monday girls.