Old 09-28-2006, 12:30 AM   #46  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies (ANGIE )... I wonder where everyone's gone. I went and got a flu shot this morning, then spent the day with my sister. She is enjoying a week off after quitting her job, then will start a new job next week. We picked up Michael from school, had lunch then went and caught a movie. Then just basically laid around the house during what was left with the afternoon. Mike is off for 2 weeks THEN I am on vacation

Angie, I talked to Rick about getting Michael tested, he said NO for now so . If he keeps learning at the rate he is going, we will leave it alone unless his teacher says he is being too disruptive for her liking. She says it doesn't "bother" her too much--but why would she mention it unless it did? I dunno what to do. Is Corey otherwise keeping up with his classmates as far as learning?

Hmmm, after you mentioning your floors, I want to rip out this ugly old linoleum(?) type flooring we have downstairs. It is from the early 70's (I actually remember it being put it in!). I'm thinking either a commercial grade one-piece vinyl or either laminate flooring. I would love bamboo flooring but we don't have enough spare stock at the shop to do the whole area... decisions decisions

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and keep Angie company. Have a great evening.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 AM   #47  

Just a quick post to let you know that I'm still here. We are getting ready for conferences next week and things have been a bit hectic.
Noelle: I kind of go along with Rick about having the boy tested. I think he may be right about Michael being a normal 7 y.o. boy. The teacher may have mentioned it to you so you could watch how he is at home; if he exhibits the some of the same behaviors that she is seeing at school; and if he does, you may be able to come up with something to help him out when he's expected to sit still and pay attention in class. Just a thought.
Angie: I do check the posts when I have time, but I don't always have time to post myself. Believe me when I say that I look forward to reading them; they always give me a lift.
Just one more week and we will be off for 2 weeks. Oct 6 is our last day. I think I may be taking Ashley to Disney for her birthday on Oct 13. Still thinking about it right now. I did take her to the Cheetah Girls concert last weekend; she loved it. It was so great to see how happy she was to see them, and also to see Hannah Montana (we even saw her outside by the tour busses).
Have a great rest of the week everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #48  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Cal and Noelle!!

Noelle, I meant to ask you yesterday how the baby is settling in? OOOHHHH, 2 weeks before your vacation. You must be getting so excited. I bet you guys will have a blast. Are you going back for new Years too?

Corey could keep up with his class if he wanted too but he is always acting up so his grades do suffer but we know he is More than capable.

I want to rip out the carpets in our bedrooms and put down more of the laminate flooring we have in the livingroom. We are planning on doing it sometime this winter when we are slow. I am ready to do it now after Tyson puked all over my rug at 12:30 in the morning the other morning. I was so mad!!

Cal, My kids get a week off on the 6th too. I am looking forward to that. hahaha. Oops, I couldnt even type that with a straight face. haha
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #49  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning guys!! We are off to the team meeting to see if Brit should come home. Wish Us Luck!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #50  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Friday ladies The neighbor's dog woke me up with it's incessant barking. It's before 5 a.m. and I shot an email off to the Humane Society. The poor dog is tied in the backyard with a 4' leash and only has a small sheet of plywood above it's head--it's not even enough shelter so when it rains (which it is doing now) it gets wet and it starts barking and howling and no one does sh*t about it. I so hate ignorant pet owners.

Angie, good luck with your meeting today. I hope Brit can come home with you guys, I'm sure she'd welcome the change as well. Thanks for your input about the ADHD issue. Good to know that I'm not the only one. BTW, the baby is doing good. It was funny because my sis and BIL took her to NY to visit the other set of grandparents and family for 2 weeks. When they came back, the baby was great with everyone in our house except for my dad. She would hide her face or cry whenever he would come around. Turns out she really liked her NY grandpa, and probably realized "hey, that's not him! We love her to death she's so cute. I didn't realize how fun it is to have a little baby around. uh-oh .... tick tick tick tick,is my clock ticking again?

Cal, thanks for your input as well, I'm sure you see cases of it alot at work. I am feeling more secure now with our "just wait and see" approach. I am smiling reading about Ashley's concert experience--I can just imagine how happy she was to see one of her favorite performers. And Disneyland! I am turning green You are a great mom, would you like to adopt me please?

Man, I'm tired, I'm gonna try to grab a few more winks. Chat w/ya later.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #51  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, we are heading out on the boat to do some night fishing. I wanna see what bites at night. Wish me luck

Anyway, got lots planned for the weekend w/some karate tournaments and such, so I may not be around. Have a great one!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #52  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, happy(?) Monday.

Angie, I'm so sorry your weekend w/Brit did not turn out how you'd planned. I'm glad you guys stuck to your guns though and brought her right back. This will show her that you guys are the parents and that she can not just do as she likes, I'm sure with time she will realize that it's for her own good. Maybe she will really buckle down this time to get herself out of there. Good luck with today. Don't worry about the .5 lb fluctuation, it is a minor bump in the road and you will get that off plus more next WI day. You are doing everything right w/WW so it will happen.

We had a busy weekend, fishing on Friday night--we didn't catch anything, although some flying fished jumped into the boat (that was funny!). Then the lights on the deck were acting funny so we had to cut the trip short--it's pretty scary and dangerous being on a boat in just the moonlight. Saturday I took Michael to Toys R Us to get a pokemon character loaded onto his gameboy (stood in line for 1-1/2 hours!) and yesterday was his and Rick's karate tournament. Mikey took 3rd place in his individual event for his age group so that was great. Rick took some hard knocks in his sparring event but he was up against a black belt so it was all a learning experience. The sensei nominated him for a "spirit" award and he got a nice engraved plaque for his efforts. I also caught some movies but it all seems a blur now...

I'm counting down to my Vegas vacation....only 10 more days!

Well ladies, hope more of you can pop in and say hi. Hope you all have a great Monday.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #53  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Noelle. Well, the counseling session yesterday sucked!! I left there mad and depressed. They pretty much are looking for any sort of an excuse for her behavior and now it is my fault. The whole meeting was basically all about me. I am not going to do any more counseling now. I am not to blame for her bullshi#. She can do all the counseling she wants but I refuse to sit there and get blamed for everything when I have done the best job I can. I am so upset now that I can cry at the drop of a hat. I hate that feeling.

Me, Jay and the twins went leaf peeping this weekend. I took a few pics. It was fun to do. We go from our house up to Jackman and back down through Bingham and it is such a pretty route. It is all water and mountains. Jay says the trees look like fruity pebbles.

Well, I should get moving today.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:24 AM   #54  

Just wanted to say hello before heading off to school. This is our last week and it is soooooo busy!! Today is our last full day; the rest of the days this week are 1/2 days because of parent/teacher conferences.
Hope everyone's day is great.

Angie: I'm sorry about the counseling. It seems more and more that there's always someone else or something else that is at fault for people's behaviors; it seems that personal responsibility is forgotten. I know you are a great mom; I've met you and I saw it.

Noelle: I'm glad you had fun fishing. When will you be in Vegas? I never get up there, but my nephew moved to Henderson 2 weeks ago. My sis wants to go see him and she asked me if I want to go as well. I don't think I will, but we'll see.

Hello to everyone else.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #55  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I started a new thread. I hope to see you there!!