3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Loozing Floozies #88, or "Gayle did such a good job I'm stealing her intro" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92616-loozing-floozies-88-gayle-did-such-good-job-im-stealing-her-intro.html)

4myloves 08-29-2006 11:38 AM

Loozing Floozies #88, or "Gayle did such a good job I'm stealing her intro"

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Loozing Floozies!

This is a great place to grab a cup of coffee or drink of choice (wine, wine & more wine), sit back, relax and enjoy the happenings of some of our more famous Floozies!

We have a wonderful group here, full of love, friendship, support and motivation!

Once you land at Floozie Land, you will never, ever want to leave!

gdeann 08-29-2006 11:56 AM

I'm blushing Cheryl! Thank you, thank you, thank you for using my intro again! You are such a sweetie! SMOOCHIES!

1oldbutterball 08-29-2006 02:14 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_112.gif Just a fast check in to say I went to WW and lost 1.5 lbs..http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_1_15.gif

That first 10 lbs was alot easier to loose then this 10....but I keep going !!!!

Monica

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

LindaB763 08-29-2006 02:19 PM

Congrats on the weight loss!! :carrot:

4myloves 08-29-2006 02:27 PM

YEA Monica!!!!

So this is 20 pounds all together!?

How great!!!!!!

alinnell 08-29-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4myself (Post 1388037)
This is a great place to grab a cup of coffee or drink of choice (wine, wine & more wine), sit back, relax and enjoy the happenings of some of our more famous Floozies!

You guys sound like you're right up my alley! Is cabernet allowed?

gdeann 08-29-2006 04:46 PM

Cab sav, merlot, pinot, zin, the list can go on and on and on and on!
WELCOME Allison! Feel free to join in! I have a daughter named Allison too.
I LOVE your sweet puppy pic, whats his name?

gdeann 08-29-2006 04:47 PM

Yeah Monica On The Weight Loss! Weigh To Go!

Lynneye 08-29-2006 07:53 PM

Yeah Monica!!

I went back to work today, no students yet, but I am tired tonight. Tons to do and only a week until the students come back, so I might be scarce for a few days! I'll be thinking of all of you!

Deelite 08-29-2006 08:37 PM

Monica congratulations on the weight loss. You must feel great. That was really nice of you to help out your daughter with her car. She must have been pleasently surprised.

Allison join right in, we have a few winos here. You will never guess who.

Shelley I hope that you and your family are staying safe. You are just too much like me. I am obsessed with exercise. Just like you there has been times in my life that I am not suppose to do it but I do it seceretly. Take care of yourself so that you can jog again one day.

Janice let us know how your appointment at the doctor goes. I hope that you are able to get rid of that artritic pain.
Are the leaves changing color yet? Ours are just beginning to turn yellow but it was still 26 out today but the evenings are cool. It went down to 7 last night.

Suzy how long have you quilted for? You sure have some talent.

Gayle I will remember to pray for your friend that just left for war. It has to be one of the hardest things letting your kids go but off to war tops it all. Suzy I know that you must hold your breath til Travis comes home.
I haven't seen or heard of those little cinnamon buns you mentioned but living in Canada doesn't mean that this little Canadian Chickie can get her hands on those sweet buns of yours.

Debi catching crabs and feasting on them sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad you didn't get a chance this weekend to do it. Sounds like you didn't let the rain spoil your fun.

Linda all that dancing your doing should help you keep your weight down. When my back was better I use to dance all over the house. The kids thought I was nuts.

Cheryl thanks for the encouragement for Dez. It is a tough thing to deal with because a lot of people just don't understand. Thanks for starting our new thread.

Larry is out golfing so it is a quiet evening. I think I will head out for a walk it is a beautiful evening.

Tomorow Dez and I are going to the mineral spa to be pampered. We are going for massages, steam baths and some relaxing time spent in the warm mineral waters.

gdeann 08-29-2006 11:14 PM

Dee, you have interest in my cinnamon buns? They are hot, moist and sinfully sweet. LOL! Check in your refrigerated section. I think they were from pillsbury. I can always bake you a batch and send them to you, although, by the time they arrive, I bet instead of eating, they will work good to throw at rabbits.

Debi, have fun setting up for class!

ShelleyM 08-30-2006 07:19 AM

Yay, Monica!! You are doing wonderful!!

Welcome, Allison!

Gayle-I would eat the whole pk of those cinnamon rolls. Last night, I actually ate not only a piece of wheat bread, but also a bagel (with some meatloaf) for dinner. I am trying anything to make my stomach feel better. I am pretty bad right now. You'd think with everything going striaight through me that I'd lose. Of course, I'm not!

My dearest Dee-I am so glad you came to post. I pray daily for not only your health, but Dez's also. It seems as though you were just doing something in your garden room a couple of years ago, or was that your basement? Anyway, send pictures when you are finished with it.

Debi-Our schools are closed today for Ernesto, although he has fizzled out. That means we'll be open the day before Thanksgiving to make up for today. Oh well, it gives me a chance to clean my floors in the house. I'm sure whatever you do in your classroom will be wonderful.

Lynneye 08-30-2006 07:51 AM

I teach college, so I am not really setting up the classroom, I am ordering things for labs, writing sylabuses and other handouts, checking powerpoints and like that. Also, many students stopping by for advisement this week. They should have their schedules done last semester but some changes need to be made now, before classes start next week.

Shelley, glad Ernesto fizzled out and you still get the day off! Around here, we get 5 (usually) snow days figured into our schedule, that if we only use the 5, we don't have to make up days. If we use 6 or more, we make them up at the end of the year, when everyone can't wait for school to be over!
In college, we just lose the day, if school closes, which we usually do at least a couple of times during the winter here.

Monica, how wonderful you were able to help your daughter with her car. Also congrats again on the weight loss.

Allison, welcome!

Gayle, those cinnie buns sound wonderful, but I am sure I would eat the entire package!! I better stay away!

Dee, glad you came to check in! I miss you!! Have a wonderful time, getting pampered like that!! Sounds wonderful!!!

Janice, how was the dr. appointment? Hope all is well.

Linda, I love to dance, but can't find anyone to go with around here. What a great way to keep the weight off, so much fun. I do enjoy my dancing DVD's.

Suzy, how are you doing with the diet?

Have a great day everyone!!

1oldbutterball 08-30-2006 09:45 AM

Good Morning Floozies !!

Welcome Allison !!! Ithink you will find this group fun, supportive and a bit crazy ( not me of course, but there are a few ,,,,lol).

Thanks all for your support.

Shelley- Glad that you and your family are safe from the storms. I was watching it all on the news. Florida has had enough !!!!

Dee- Glad to see that things with Dez are a bit better. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. How about Larry?? Is he getting any help at work?

Good Luck to all of you teachers with the beginning of the school year.

Cheryl- Have you heard from StreetBob? I hope she is alright.

Well I am off to the mall, I have a friend that will be 74 tomorrow and a few of us are taking her out to dinner tonight. I called her 4 daughters and son last night to invite them to join us. Helen is a real spunky lady so I am going to find some sexy nightie for her,,,,,she lives alone but has a great since of humor, and will get a real kick out of it.

Have a GREAT DAY ALL !!!!

Monica

alinnell 08-30-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdeann (Post 1388461)
I LOVE your sweet puppy pic, whats his name?

Unfortunately, this is not my dog, it's an avatar I found on the web. I've been experimenting on how to get my own dogs (black lab and yellow lab, Chico and Buddy respectively) into an avatar, but haven't been successful just yet.

Thanks for the welcome!

4myloves 08-30-2006 11:17 AM

Hey, Monica, Stella (HDStreetBob) has been posting in the Nutrisystem Ladies section of the forum. I dropped by and said Hey to her over there and she said she might visit us sometime!

Girls, girls, girls, what is up with all the Cinnamon bun talkie? Do you know what y'all are doing to me?

Debi, what do you teach?

Deelite 08-30-2006 11:59 AM

Gayle I really don't believe you when you say you only work at a booze store, I think that you do phone sex for a job or at least for kicks. lol

Shelley I am glad that the storm is down graded. Thank you for praying for us. A few years ago we painted our sunroom but I did mention a few months ago that we were working on the garden room. It was Jay's bedroom. I will post pics when we are done.

Debi enjoy the quiet moments in your classroom while you can. It will soon be busy.

Monica thanks for the continued prayers. Larry has someone come in to sort his files but that is about it so far. His boss keeps telling him everything will be ok but I am not to sure. The only reason he is still hanging on there is that he has been out of the office a few times the last couple of weeks. We will see how he does but he looks so wiped.
Have fun at the birthday party. It sounds like a blast!

Allison I love labs. When we were kids we had a black one called Satan. My cousin named it. They are so friendly.

Cheryl we are so bad talking about cinnamon buns when we are all trying to lose or maintain. Tomorrow is my monthly weigh in. I am not to sure how I did. I know that I am under goal but I think that I gainned this month.

Well time to go off and be pampered. Dez is here.

gdeann 08-30-2006 03:57 PM

Dee, you found me out! Giggles! Honestly, I use to work in an adult store...can you believe it? In fact, I run into a lot of my old customers at the liquor store! LOL!

Cheryl, you must try the refrigerated cinnamon buns with frosting! They are a real treat at 110 calories each. I had two the other night and was very satisfied.

Allison, when is weigh-in for you?

Well, must run! Will be back later!

SuzyMc 08-30-2006 05:00 PM

Cinnamon buns...hot gooey cinnamon buns dripping with warm sugary glaze! Mmmmm! No, no, no! Must not eat cinnamon buns...must throw...cinnamon buns...at the rabbits! That would make hot cross bunnies right? :rofl:

Dee ~ I've been sewing just about my whole life, but only quilting seriously for about 6 years. In fact, I just entered a piece in my first quilt show. I'm really excited that something I made is actually going to hang in the show! It's an original design based on the blue star banners that you see hanging in the windows of homes who have a family member in the service. It's entitled "A Blue Star for Travis" and entered under the challenge category. The challenge was to create a quilt under 30" x 30" that contains at least one star.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...c/IM002359.jpg

Have a great time today! You and Dez both deserve some pampering!

Monica ~ Congratulations on the loss! You are doing great!

Allison ~ Welcome to the group! I know you'll love it here!

Shelley ~ I'm glad to hear that Ernesto fizzled out before he got to your area! I'm hoping that we get as lucky! The forecast is that the remnants will make a direct hit over our area and then stall causing major flooding. We have had over 4 inches of rain here over the past 4 days and the ground is already saturated, so any heavy rain at all is going to cause big problems here.

Debbi ~ Diet? What diet? ;) Could be better, could be worse, but I am using my treadmill every day so that counts for something!

Gayle, Dee and all the other Floozies ~ You have no idea how much your posts brighten my days! It's so nice to come here and chuckle!

alinnell 08-30-2006 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I weigh daily--it keeps me honest. I am realistic and understand that the scale is never constant, but if it goes down, I try extra hard to be good to keep it going down. If it goes up, I try extra hard to make it go down instead. So you'd think I'd try extra hard all the time? Nope, if I don't weigh myself daily, I imagine that I am doing fine and I don't really work at being good. Weird, I know.

Cinnabons-----I had to fly out of town a few weeks ago at a ridiculously early hour. Since the latest "no liquid" thing going on at airports, and all the new restrictions, I had to be at the airport extra early so no time to eat before hand. I managed to get on the plane with no problem, and just had coffee and that itty-bitty packet of snack during the flight, but when I got off the plane that whole airport smelled of cinnabons! I walked right past! :D Then what happens? I'm visiting my parents (my mom had mitral valve surgery, so I went to help out) and my Mom's friend popped over to deliver FRESH HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS! So I had one. :o

Quote:

Allison I love labs. When we were kids we had a black one called Satan. My cousin named it. They are so friendly.
Oh, my labs--I love them! Chico is almost 2 years old. We've had him almost a year (he lived in a pet store for his first year--poor baby) and Buddy is about 13--he's a rescue dog. We used to have a Golden Retriever, she died last summer at age 16.

ShelleyM 08-31-2006 05:55 AM

Allison-Your dogs are beautiful. Do they act as gorgeous as they are??

Gayle-I really need to get back on Core. I have been eating animal crackers by the gobs at night. I have had too many carbs lately (not the good carbs.) My problem is, I just don't know what to eat right now because of my stomach. I am constantly bloated, going to the potty and just feeling awful in my tummy. I think it's been a couple of years since I've had a flare like this. I have upped my Colozal. I don't want to call GI, because I know he'll put me on prednisone. I just can't face it with not being able to run. My weight is staying at 132 right now, and I really need it under 130 to look decent.

Monica-Thanks for checking on Stella. I was wondering where she's been.

Dee-I think you're right about Gayle. That sex maniac! Hey, what about you, Princess??:)

Suzy-You're quilt is very pretty. It must have taken quite a bit of time and patience.

Debi-I didn't realize you teach college. I can't imagine having to put up with college kids and their sarcastic comments!

coles 08-31-2006 08:10 AM

CINNAMON BUNS??http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_209.gif I would eat the whole pan, don't think we have them in Canada anyway.
Suzy - I know what you mean about the diet up and downs. I start the day positive and then blow it after supper.
I weighed in yesterday was up .2 pound. Could have been worse I guess but it seems I just can't get it together.
Do you think inflammation makes you weigh more?
I got a cortisone shot yesterday, not quite as sore today. When I go back the end of September he is going to put me on the methetroxate shots once a week. It will be added to all the meds I take now.
Dee- Its good that getting out of the office helps Larry cope. How is your back these days. Does the change in weather give you grief?
Ernesto is headed this way for the weekend, it is supposed to rain for three days.
Fatten up that donkey Laura. Time to hit the road.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYYYCA

Lynneye 08-31-2006 08:27 AM

I teach Anatomy and Physiology. Also teach other biology classes as needed each semester. Actually like the college students, but at our college, we have many non-traditional students. They are the older students. They are the ones who are there because they want to be and they are serious. I also tear down and set up the various labs in the department each week. I really like my job!

Shelley, how was the storm? Any problems? I know my cousin and her family are at Disney and have to stay till Friday, can't get a flight out, for some reason, due to the storm.

Dee how was the day of pampering for you and Dez?

I really have to run, but wanted to say hi and let you know, these posts give me a chuckle every day!! Thanks!

gdeann 08-31-2006 09:42 AM

Deb, a giggle a day keeps the doctor away! LOL! Sounds like you have an interesting profession, I'm happy you found a job you love. It makes all the difference in the world if you like your job and look forward to going to work.

Suzy, you are so talented! The quilt is BEAUTIFUL! I love the name too... I'm so happy for you entering your first quilt show, I bet it won't be your last!

Janice, I hope you find relief soon! I bet one does experience weight gain with inflammation. Its my understanding inflamed areas retain more fluid. Do you have the stall setup for the donkey yet?

Allison, you have such sweet baby's! Labs are one of my favorite breeds. I am partial to large breed dogs, that is why we have a 1/2 Shepard, 1/2 rott mix and a border collie mix in our backyard. Both are rescues. I won't even go into our indoor house animals! Just call us the Hall Zoo! My new addition is two baby hatchling turtles!
Are you riding with a saddle or going bareback?? LOL!

Shelley, sweetie.....hmmmm you got me thinking here.....how about if you try eating more of a whole food diet? WW pasta, WW rice, cooked veggies & fruit? Do you think that would help your little tum-tum? Maybe oatmeal or yogurt in the morning...something along that line? I am thinking cooked veggies & fruit maybe better for your tummy right now compared to all of the work it would need to do, processing roughage such as tossed salads etc.

Dee, post pics when you finish! Sounds lovely! I like the idea of neutrals and then just having one thing pop!
Hey, miss watercolor queen, have you ever used the watercolor pencils? I purchased a kit and am going to try my hand. Although, it probably would be better if I knew watercolor technique. Do you have any suggestions for a beginner? I have so missed painting, drawing, the urge is hitting me strong. I'm going to try to incorporate it into my busy life.

Cheryl, thank you for starting a new thread. You take such good care of us! How is the Stew man doing? I bet you are so busy with school, job, Stew etc!!!

Gotta go! Off to mow! Send me "get this over with quick" vibes!

SuzyMc 08-31-2006 09:48 AM

Send some of those "get this mowing over with quick" vibes here too! I didn't get lawns cut here last week because of the rain and it looks like today is going to be the only nice day before Ernesto arrives. I'm babysitting today, so I am going to try and get both lawns done this evening...wish me luck!

alinnell 08-31-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShelleyM (Post 1390275)
Allison-Your dogs are beautiful. Do they act as gorgeous as they are??

Absolutely NOT! I got a call from my DS the other day--he was on his way out of the house to go to the neighbors when he saw Chico with a deat rat in his mouth.......in the living room. I had to run home and dispose of the thing as my son was too upset to do it himself! Funny thing is, I think Chico caught the thing himself and brought it in (we have doggie doors so they have the freedom to go in and out at will). We've had a bit of a problem with rats in the back yard and we have traps set out, and neither trap had been touched. BTW--rats are common here in the desert--they tend to live in citrus trees and eat the fruit.

Buddy has his moments, too. He'll eat anything. When we were preparing for my DD's birthday several years ago he got into the goodie bags and ate 10 packages of Bubbleishus bubble gum (that's like 80 pieces!!!). Another time, he chewed into a Christmas present and gnawed into a tin of Hershey's chocolate kisses and ate the whole bag (including part of the bag). Last year, Buddy had some cosmetic surgery--he had 17 warts removed from his head. The things we do for our animals!

Deelite 08-31-2006 10:51 AM

Just popping in this morning to say GOOD MORNING. I am off downtown for my weigh in. I know I gainned but I am not going to let any more pounds come on. I am happy with my weight right now but if I was a few pounds lighter I would even be happier. The story of our life. Well I better get going. I will try to get back later and post.

1oldbutterball 08-31-2006 11:37 AM

Good Morning Floozies,

Suzy - The quilt is BEAUTIFUL !!! Travis must be very pleased to have it named for him.

Gayle - An adult store...LOL and you are still sane. I went into one once years ago, but those parties now those are fun. Been years but they were alot of fun watching the reaction of some of the ladies.

Allison - I use to weigh in every day too, but now I just do it once a week, whatever you are doing it works !!! Keep up the great job. My 3rd daughter has a silver lab. Many people think that it's a mix but she has had 2 littlers and they are not. They take two very light chocolate's and breed them and with luck you get a silver. She had 7 out of 9 last Feb. Breegan ( her girl) is a sweet gal and always good around the kids.

Dee- How'd the weight in go today??? With all you have going on it has to be hard to maintain.

Janice - Glad to hear the shot gave you a little relief. Hope you're feeling better.

I went to the site ( NS ) that Stella posts at and told her I was just worried about her and was glad she was still posting. Maybe she'll stop by to say hi.
The dinner went well last night. I saved points all day so I could enjoy it. Had a salad, 1/2 baked potatoe ( brought my butter beads and LF sour cream) and had a steak, which I brought about 3/4 home. I was full, and I remembered to quit. Helen was so suprised, 15 people showed, 4 of her kids, plus a cousin and a neighbor, plus are gang. She was holding up the nightie and some young guys at the bar started to whistle....she turned bright red.

We too are having alot of rain, so I am going to try to cut the grass before it starts again. I have a daughter ( 2nd oldest, Deirdre) that is due tomorrow with her 4th so I might be off for a few days. I am watching the older ones and then staying with her for 1-2 days.

Have a SAFE HOLIDAY WEEK-END ALL.

Monica

gdeann 08-31-2006 01:56 PM

Five Finger Prayer
This is so neat. I had never heard this before. This is beautiful - and it is surely worth making the 5 finger prayer a part of our lives.

1. Your thumb is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a "sweet duty."
2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.
3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's guidance.
4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.
5. And lastly comes our little finger - the smallest finger of all which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible says, "The least shall be the greatest among you." Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

Received this today and thought I would share. I sent it on to a few of you that I had email addresses.

DEEEEEEE: Could you send me your mailie again? For some reason, I keep getting your mail back. Did you change addresses?

Deelite 08-31-2006 03:06 PM

Gayle that’s right I forgot that you told me that you had worked at one of those specialty stores that I get XXX rated email from daily. That is so funny that you see some of the same customers at the liquor store.
So where did you find those 2 turtles?
It is nice to know that you will be trying to fit in painting, I know that you enjoy it so much. I have had a little experience with the water color pencils. You can use them a few different ways. Use them dry and them brush water across your colors you want to soften. It is best to leave some pencil. You can load your brush with water and dab it on your pencil like when you use water paints. You can also try scraping a bit of the pencil onto an area of wet paper for a different effect. A dull pencil is better than a sharp one. Watercolor paper is best. It is fun to play with it. You will get the idea once you give them a try. I am sure that you will find it is very different that oil painting. Let me know how you do.
Oh yeah I remember reading that you had emailed me a letter to see how I was doing. It never did reach me. I email is still the same. I will send you something and you can see if it is the addie that you have.
Nice prayer by the way.

Suzy that’s right they make hot cross bunnies. That’s a good one! That is what I need to do with all my sweets. Keep up the good work on your daily walk on the tread mill. That is one sure way to maintain.
Your quilt is beautiful and has so much meaning. You must be proud. I never knew that parents hang a blue star banner in the windows of homes that have a family member in the service. That’s neat.
I know that you have told me before who’s second lawn you cut but I forgot. Is it you parent’s that live next door?

Allison your dogs are beautiful. They are such a good nature dog. When I seen your picture I remembered that we also had a white lab given to us from a police officer. He use to grab hold of my little brother by the shirt when he headed towards the high way. He was one of the family’s fav.
You said that Buddy is a rescue dog. Do you work with him or is he retired now?
Oww rats yuck!

Shelley when I ha tummy problems before I would eat mostly homemade soups. They were filled with lots of easy to digest veggies and made with a meat stock. If you can’t eat the veggies eat the broth with a few whole wheat crackers.
I haven’t been behaving very well either, I have been on a sweet kick again. I need to stop eating sweets for 3 days and then the cravings die down. Those three days are tough though.

Janice I am glad that the shot seem to help a bit already. I know what it is like taking a lot of meds. I hate it. I have been known to cut down meds and tell the doctor later. He knows me by now as you can all tell it is my second home.
My back is seems to have improved in the last 6 weeks. I am affected by the weather so that might be it. I never thought of that until you asked me if the weather affects me. I just knew I seen some improvement. The cold really bothers me.
Stay dry. We might be getting some rain today. We sure have strong winds today. If I hadn’t gained a few pounds this month I think that the wind would have taken me a way while I was downtown.

Debi I am glad that you get a laugh out of the posts. I enjoy coming here because you never know what you are going to be reading. We have so many great friends here.
Dez and I had a wonderful time yesterday. It is so nice to go to the spa. They make you feel pampered from the time you walk in the door and they give you your little bag with flip flops and a robe. Considering that I don’t work it is hard to believe that I feel stressed that I didn’t even know that I had, but I felt it drain as we soaked in the mineral spa listening to the water cascade down the rocks into our pool. It was nice spending some time with Dez and the message was fantastic.

Monica wow your daughter will have four children. She sure will be busy not like she wasn’t with three children. Let us know how she does.
I weighed in today and I was 2 pounds up since last month. I expected it so time to get cracking and watch what I eat.

gdeann 09-01-2006 12:40 AM

I was thinking today as I worked my pa-tuddy off, if I could have one extravagance in the world what would it be?
For me, I would want a weekly housekeeper and yard person.
How about you guys?

While we are fantasizing, if you could be anyone, who would you be?
For me, I would be a famous artist. Thin, while I'm at it too...

Okay, girls, put your thinking caps on! Looking forward to the responses!

ShelleyM 09-01-2006 05:55 AM

Gayle-I would have the same as you. A housekeeper and lawn maintenance person. While we're at it, I'd like a complete home makeover. Whoops! That's 3 things. I can dream, can't I?

Dee-That's not a bad WI. I am up to 132 right now and can't stand myself. I just don't know what to do at this point. My booty is growing my leaps and bounds from not running. It's the only thing that ever worked. I'm thinking of starting back slowly, but not letting Mike know that I'm doing it. Which is worse, being fat or not being able to walk in the future? Hard decision to make. I really don't want to be fat!

Gayle-The food you suggested is totally Core. My problem is, if I eat breakfast, I will have a complete blow out at work and I don't have time to sit on the toilet that long! I can tell you exactly what I ate yesterday (very full of carbs and bad):
Coffee for breakfast
Lunch was Progresso beef barley soup, the whole can.
2 pieces of hard candy
Dinner was a huge salad (very bad for the tummy) with FF dressing. Since we didn't have a normal dinner, I had a bagel with 2 pieces of turkey salami sandwich, and about 3 portions of baked lays chips. Then I fell asleep, woke up at 10 and ate the rest of the bag of animal crackers (about 6 points worth.) I think I also had a ff/sf fudgscicle. I know I was awful with all the carbs!!

1oldbutterball 09-01-2006 07:54 AM

Good Moring All.

Gayle - Thanks for the 5 finger prayer, I got it. As for the two things I would want I guess first would be a buyer for this house and second would be an interior design person to do all the painting and design fo my new great room. I sort of know what I want....but making it work is another thing. I can't think of anyone I'd rather be then a thinner me. I am happy to be just me... must be that I've had a pretty good life, you think.

Shelley - I am not sure about things allowed on the core plan, other then I know it works for a few ladies in my WW group. Are leader was talking about it a few meetings ago and said alot of members stay on it for a few months then go to points for a month. They seem to shock their bodies and it works when they are at a standstill. You might want to think about it. It sounds to me that you are not eating enough and that might be the problem. Please don't start running yet. You are still young, let your body heal . PLEASE

Dee - That WI was not bad, with all you have going on I would not worry. One week on plan will take that away, I know you can do it !!!!! No baby yet, slept with the phone last night. I pray that all is well.

Update on Wyatt - They have okayed him to leave Washington on Sept 7. They will be taking the cast off on the 6th. Thank you all for your prayers, from Dusty, Tony, Wyatt and of course me.

Got the lawn and all the trimming done yesterday before the rain started again. The ditches were still wet, so the mower with me on it slipped a bit, the back of my legs, pants and shoes were full of mud. I know better but must have been sitting on my brain.

Later all, Monica

alinnell 09-01-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdeann (Post 1391433)
I was thinking today as I worked my pa-tuddy off, if I could have one extravagance in the world what would it be?
For me, I would want a weekly housekeeper and yard person.
How about you guys?

One extravagance? In my book that counts as two!!!!;) But then, I have to admit, I have BOTH!!:dizzy: And I wonder why I don't get any exercise in--oh yeah, it's because I get up at 4:30 to get ready for the day (shower, make lunches, make breakfasts). Then it's time to ferry the kids off to school (won't I be a happy camper when my DD gets her license in December!). Then it's work--we own our own business, so the days are long....Then it's the various after school activities for the kids. I'm lucky to be home by 7:00 PM and then dinner needs to be prepared. I kind of veg out after dinner and get to bed by 9:00. Recently, I've been making lunches the night before, but it isn't saving enough time for me to be able to exersize in the morning.

So, my extravagance would be a personal chef (who cooks like me) so that I can exercise in the morning instead of preparing food.

4myloves 09-01-2006 11:01 AM

My extravagance would be a housekeeper, live-in, preferably--gay male, even more preferably!!

I have totally fallen off the wagon! I *thought* I did bad while I was on vacation last week, but this week has been terrible!!!! I've eaten out at lunch every day PLUS I've been eating supper at night with Stewart (he likes FOOD at night). It's terrible. I want to skip my weigh-in on Monday because I know I've gained back several of the pounds that I'd managed to lose. :( On top of all of that eating, as Shelley may have noticed, I've not gone to the gym any this week!!

I need a swift kick!!!!!!!!!

Deelite 09-01-2006 11:42 AM

Gayle you asked if I could have one extravagance in the WORLD what would it be..........well let's see that isn't to tough of one for me to say. It would be a house on the ocean. I wouldn't have a problem cleaning it.
I am not sure who I would want to be....I guess I could always be a rich Princess.

Shelley doesn't the biking work for you. It sure would keep the weight off your feet. I think any bit of running would prolong your injury and then you may never be able to run again without pain. Weather Mike knows or not your body still does. I fully understand that this is tough but you need to let it heal. It will but just not on your timing.
Doesn't the baked lays chips give you tummy problems, I know that it does both some people.
You didn't eat very healthy yesterday. It may have been low points but it wasn't healthy. You need to feed your body good stuff so it can take care of you.
Weighing 132 still looks good on you girl. Anyone else looking at you would think that you look fantastic. It is only you that feels different. We are the ones that sees our flaws and are the hardest on ourselves.

Monica that was scarey, I am glad to hear that you didn't hurt yourself seriously. Please be careful.
It must be stressful waiting for the call. I am sure that you don't want to start to much in case you are called away.
Glad to hear that Wyatt is improving and will be leaving Washington soon. What a little blessing.

Allison why kind of business do you own? Your day starts about the same time Shelley's does. I couldn't even phantom getting up at that time unless I was leaving on a jet plane to somewhere tropical.

I made it a full year with out surgery. Wow I can't believe it yesterday was my anniversary date to my surgery. I am so happy that I decided to do it. No regrets.

Today is Larry's friday afternoon off. We have been going out for lunch every second friday this summer. He banks some time so that he can take it off. It is neat becasue we have chosen fine dining restaurants that we have never been to before. it has been a lot of fun. We have been happy with all of the meals. It is helps us decide when we have a special occasion where to go out for dinner. Lunch is more affordable and if we don't like the restaurant then we haven't lost much. The last time we went out for lunch I ordered a glass of water. The waiter asked if I would like artesian water. I said sure knowing that it would be a free glass of water. It came in a lovely sealed clear cylinder glass bottle in a silver ice bucket......hehe. It was imported from Norway. My Voss spring water was $10.00. I now have a soveiner bottle for my spegetti.

I made it through yesterday with choosing healthy foods and no sugar. If I can make it through three days I should fine. We don't usually order dessert for lunch so that will make it easier. Dad's birthday is on sunday so I guess I will have to have cake but it won't be too bad becasue that will be the forth day and I allow myself one good dessert once a week. We always have fruit with a dab of whipping cream so I don't feel deprived.

I forgot to mention to you how we enjoyed Cirque du Soleil. I couldn't get great tickets because they sold out really fast so we were in the nose bled section. When we arrived our section was closed so we needed to be reassigned new seating. Guess what we were just off of center stage row 9. It was awesome. The show of course was very unique to any other show we seen. We really enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it was my favorite one but still well worth the money.

I better get my butt in gear Larry will be home just after 12:00 and I haven't done a thing.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Deelite 09-01-2006 11:45 AM

Cheryl like Dr Phil says you need to own the number. Not getting weighed in won't change anything. You really can't fool yourself. I felt like **** knowing that when I weighed in yesterday that I would be up but that is life. We have to accept it. That is all in the past. This is a new day to start fresh. Now get that butt moving.

gdeann 09-01-2006 05:05 PM

:D Here is a swift kick in the pa-tootie for Cheryl sweetie!
KKKKAAA-BOOM!!!!!!! Now, get your little butt right back OP!
YOU CAN DO IT!

I'll be back later to post to everyone!

hey, Shelley, I was thinking today at work about you. How about getting a Gazelle exercise machane (I think Walmart carries one style) It is alot like running ( I think) other then no impact or stress on the joints.

4myloves 09-01-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdeann (Post 1392219)
hey, Shelley, I was thinking today at work about you. How about getting a Gazelle exercise machane (I think Walmart carries one style) It is alot like running ( I think) other then no impact or stress on the joints.

Ooooh, or an elliptical!!! I love it!

ShelleyM 09-02-2006 07:17 AM

Gayle-I had one of those things and gave it away! I hated it. I gave it to my best friend. I don't even know if she uses it. Cheryl, I was wondering if an elliptical would be okay to use or not. I might go over to my parent's clubhouse and try it out sometime to see if it hurts.

I have to apologize to everyone! I forgot to start a new exercise thread, since I haven't done anything! I'm off to do that now....