3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Loozing Floozies #88, or "Gayle did such a good job I'm stealing her intro" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92616-loozing-floozies-88-gayle-did-such-good-job-im-stealing-her-intro.html)

alinnell 09-03-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdeann (Post 1393127)
Allison, I'm trying to cut down on wine too...kinda hard when I work in a liquor store.

Yes, I can see where that would be an obstacle!!! I used to work in a record store (way back when CD's were new!) and I have to say, I could rarely leave without purchasing less than one a week! I guess that is healthier than the wine, though! It's much easier now--it's not like I need a new window every week!

SuzyMc 09-03-2006 12:55 PM

What a cold, soggy, nasty weekend it has been here! Thankfully the rain has stopped, but it's still chilly and cloudy.

I talked to Travis last night for the first time in a month. He has been "out in the field" training. He's on leave now until the 14th of September and will head back to Iraq shortly after that. He told us last night that his mission has changed from what he was doing during his last deployment. This trip he will be doing border patrol along the borders of Jordan and Syria. He's really excited that he is going to be doing a job that he is trained for, but I can't say that I'm all that excited about it (and it really shows by the way I have been eating this weekend...not good! :( ).

The opening of the quilt show was Friday night. It was a wonderful evening and so exciting to see something that I made hanging in the art center!

Allison ~ I'm with you...I would want a personal trainer! I think I would do so much better if there were someone here every day saying "come on, let's go!"

Monica ~ Keep us posted on the new arrival!

Shelley ~ Sounds like you need some more time to heal...don't push too hard!

Cheryl ~ Maybe you and I should get together and have ourselves a big old fashioned pity party, eat a pan of hot gooey cinnamon buns and get it out of our systems. Then just jump right back on that wagon and stay there! Of course we could skip the pity party part and just get on the wagon now, but the cinnamon buns do sound good! ;)

Debbi ~ How are things going in the construction zone? Have you tried out the new tub yet?

Dee ~ $10 for a glass of water? Oh my! :eek: I hope it was good stuff! :lol:

Where is Janice? :?:

ShelleyM 09-03-2006 01:37 PM

Well, I had 2 good Core days. Now I'm on to day 3. So far, so good. I had a horrible headache all night long. I'm thinking it might be from increasing my UC meds. It's been quite a while since I've taken 9 per day, even though that is what I'm supposed to have been taking all along. I just can't seem to choke down those horse capsules 3 times per day when I'm feeling good. I went for a 17 mile bike ride today in the rain. It felt very good, except for the cars passing by splashing me. Guess they figure I'm wet already anyway.

Monica-Good luck on baby weekend.

Gayle-I'll have to look up those shoes. I've never heard of them. Awful nice of your boss to do that.

Suzy-Sending prayers for Travis...

Allison-We used to own a stereo/video store long before cd's were popular. We were always the last ones to get a tv or stereo, and even if we decided to take something home, we would end up selling it to someone wanting the same model. We went out of business in 1996 after 30 years. I still miss it.

1oldbutterball 09-03-2006 05:16 PM

Hi All.

Well no baby yet. I think I'm way to stressed, 'cause for the first time since I started 3 Fat Chicks, I went off program. I have blown it since last night when I went to a new Italian Bistro with some friends....ate all the wrong things. Then this moning I had bacon (3) and an egg. I never have eggs, only whites but I just had to have them. For lunch I had a crazy combo of tomatoes out of the garden and some mixed nuts. I am going back on program for dinner, took out some white fish to make on the grill. Glad I weighted in yesterday, now I have til the 11th to take off what I gained since yesterday. Oh well I knew I'd break down so now I'm passed it.

Shelley - I am glad you are feeling better and back on Core. How's the pain?
I hope you aren't runnnig.

Suzy - My prayers are being sent to Travis and you. God keep him safe !! Hope you had a good time at the show.

Debie - Waiting to see pictures. I want to see all the candles glowing and you relaxing. I had my bathroom done in Jan. and it seem like it took forever to get the house free of dust from drywall. Good Luck!!

Dee - I guess I would have bought one of those shadow boxes and framed the bottle after paying $10 for it.

Allison - I love stained glass windows, how about one for my new front door, I'll be closer to you when I move to Arizona.

Cheryl and Gayle - I think you two should start the new thread with something about those cinnamon buns,,,between the two of you I know you will think of something to include them.

Well off for now, I am going to start the grill. I WILL STAY ON PROGRAM !!!! Maybe if I keep looking at that I can remind myself. Good Luck all this week-end with the BBQ's .

Monica

coles 09-03-2006 05:57 PM

suzy- I can only imagine how hard it must be for you when Travis is away. You must worry constantly. Travis is in my prayers.
Dee- How is the three days without sweets coming. I think that's what I need to do and maybe it will stop the cravings. I just wish I could get back in control. Every morning I say this is the day I get back on program but it never sticks.
Monica - you are doing wonderful, don't beat yourself up over one day!
Look at all the good days you have had.

alinnell 09-03-2006 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1oldbutterball (Post 1393667)
Allison - I love stained glass windows, how about one for my new front door, I'll be closer to you when I move to Arizona.

Well, although you'll be closer when you move to Arizona, we don't do any stained glass work ourselves. I do know a shop in Palm Springs that does some stained glass--if you want, I could pass along her name and number. A year or so ago, her shop got hit by a car--right where she usually sits to do her work. Fortunately, they had not opened yet, so no one was hurt (the driver wasn't hurt), but a lot of her work was destroyed.

Quote:

What a cold, soggy, nasty weekend it has been here! Thankfully the rain has stopped, but it's still chilly and cloudy.
While we aren't suffering from Ernesto's wrath, we are getting a lot of nasty stuff from what is left of John. We had mudslides and horrendous rain and wind yesterday. We've been on a flash flood warning since before noon, although the sun has been shining through the clouds all day. It's supposed to stay like this until Friday. The rain is sure needed, though.

SuzyMc 09-03-2006 08:43 PM

Ok Floozies, it's time to take control of our eating again! My goal is to take this week one day at a time and by the end of the week be 100% OP again. I'm declaring tomorrow MODERATION MONDAY! I know it's a holiday and there will be end of summer picnics with all kinds of goodies, so tomorrow's goal is to eat healthy and in moderation!

Thank you all for your prayers for Travis. I can't tell you how much it means to us to know that so many people are praying for his safety. :hug:

gdeann 09-03-2006 09:26 PM

I'm in for MODERATION MONDAY! Great idea Suzy! So, if I do everything in moderation, I guess that means wine & sex too??? Just asking....giggles!

Allison, just curious, which brand of cab do you prefer? The retail sales person wants to know...

Janice, you have done great so far! I just KNOW you will meet goal. I have a horrible time with night time eating too.

Monica, Cheryl & I may get in way over our heads if we start a cinni-bun thread. Sometimes I scare myself!

Shelley, day 3!!! Yippeeee-yi-yayyyy!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT! I hope tummy gets better soon. That many pills? How do you have room for food after downing that huge number?

Cheryllllllllll...are you ready to get your cinni-buns in gear and start a new thread or are you way too busy with the Stew man??? LOL!
PS>>>gonna send you a pic from my brothers farm, I will explain...

PRAYERS SENT TO TRAVIS FOR A SAFE RETURN....

ShelleyM 09-04-2006 06:41 AM

Motivation Monday sounds great, and I am on to day 4 OP!! It takes 21 days to develop a habit, and I only have 17 more days to go!

ShelleyM 09-04-2006 06:42 AM

Whoops! I meant moderation Monday. But hey, Motivation and moderation Monday sounds good too, doesn't it??

1oldbutterball 09-04-2006 08:33 AM

Ok Floozies, it's time to take control of our eating again! My goal is to take this week one day at a time and by the end of the week be 100% OP again. I'm declaring tomorrow MODERATION MONDAY! I know it's a holiday and there will be end of summer picnics with all kinds of goodies, so tomorrow's goal is to eat healthy and in moderation!

Good Monday Morning All,

I am all for moderation Monday, count me in.

Congradulations Shelley that's great I day at a time!!!!!!

Allison - Once I get ready to move I will let you know and maybe you will pass that name on. I have been looking into a stain glass window with an Irish look since I began building.

It is cold here too. I left my windows open last night and awoke to a house at 58. I guess I need to start closing at least a few, but I hear it is going to warm up next weekend.

Janice- Thanks for the support, and I am back OP. I use to be a BIG pepsie drinker, somedays 6-7 cans, and I knew it wasn't good for me, but I did it anyway, most days not even eating. I know you too will get back OP. It's not easy but I know you will do it. Good Luck. I had my whitefish last night,,,,yummmmmmmmmmmmmy.

Great Labor Day All.
Monica

alinnell 09-04-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdeann (Post 1393826)
Allison, just curious, which brand of cab do you prefer? The retail sales person wants to know...

I'm not picky, but I do not like Rodney Strong at all! I've been buying J Lohr, Chateau St. Michelle, Sterling Vineyards. I get my wine either at Costco or Trader Joe's and I tend to look for a bottle that is priced between $7 and $15. I also like Sterling's Merlot. I think I had one the other day that was Hess Vineyards? I can't remember.

DH and I attempted a walk this morning. We ended up haveing to cut it short, though. The humidity from John was just too much. 82 degrees with 69% humidity. Goodness gracious, we live in the DESERT! We used to do 4+ miles a week and we gave up with the high temps, but 82 sounded do-able until we walked out the door. Within a couple blocks, we were plotting the closest route back home! I sure can't wait until cooler temps come for the winter!

Oh, and I'm now 1 day sans wine! I guess that will be my moderation for the week (or month!).

ShelleyM 09-04-2006 12:54 PM

Allison-I have to chuckle at your 82 degrees and 69% humidity. That is cool to me, and rather dry :) I am used to 95 degrees and 90% humidity.

4myloves 09-04-2006 12:57 PM

STOP!!!

A new thread has been started!!