Weight Loss and Chit Chat #209

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site,

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
  • Good morning, ladies,

Robin - yes, it would be cool if you're in Chicago the same time as me. We'd for sure have to meet up. Have fun at the lake!

Sassy - the plastic surgery thingy was TOO funny, haha. Thanks for sharing it. So did you decide about your application? Speaking as a former HR director, if you have enough other good work references, the current one may not need to be called. If you're meant to get the job, you will, sweetie. Hope you get some decent rest today.

Sue - Neal and I swing everyday, and I love the serenity of that. Wow, you've got good neighbors to bring you tomatoes like that. Yay for the good doctor's report!

Norma - I've got a sign hanging in my hallway that says, "Grandparents are so easy, even a small child can operate them." HAHAHA, ain't it the truth??

Cristi - that's great of V's coworkers to want to send stuff to the boys overseas. Hey, I just know you'll be one of the best grandma's when it's your turn. It sure is lots of fun.

Marti - so how many steps have you been taking at work? Sounds like a whole lot, to me. Keep that up, and you won't need to bother with a treadmill, lol.

Mcat(Judith), Ifonly, Mary Kate, Angie, Julie, Kathy, Michelle, Joan Fay, and all the others, pop in soon and say hello.

Well, yesterday was hectic. My phone rang off the hook in the morning, including a call from a friend in Florida who's DH has cancer. So I felt I couldn't rush her. Then I was a few minutes late for lunch with me niece. Thank goodness for cell phones to be able to give a heads up. After I ran more errands and bought my groceries and got back home finally, another friend called and said her dad passed away. So it was back to town to pick out a flower arrangement, and also food to take to her house. I can't be at the funeral tomorrow morning, so I tried to compensate with lots of food. Katie cooked supper, though, so I did get to relax when I got back home.

Today I'm finishing up the ongoing laundry if it kills me, lol. I have to get my hair trimmed at 1, and then I have the Body, Mind and Spirit meeting at 4. We moved it from 11 to 4. Some of us are eating at Applebee's afterward. I like how they have the WW menu.

Have a good day,
  • Good Morning Gals!!

I'm so tired. After work James & I stopped at a friends so he can have him work on his new "COMPUTER" that he bought...it took longer than I thought it would and got home at 2:30!!

So this is a quicky for now. Just wanted to pop in and say

Hi

Chat later tonight.
  • Good afternoon. We had to get going this morning instead of our normal lounging with coffee. Had 3 ladies from the realtor come by to see the house. Getting prepared for another open house.
    Now I am doing laundry...how we get such a never ending basket full I will never know. Egads, we are only two here!
    I am back OP eating, but haven't walked yet today. DH is resting so I won't do WATP until he rouses around. He said he felt bad, but couldn't put his finger on the cause. He wakes up real early, 3 or 4 a.m. then starts thinking about the house/other problems and can't get back to sleep. After weeks and months of this I think he is worn out. So...he is napping.
    He also got a clean bill of health yesterday, so at least that is a relief.

Jane- Yes, the tomatoes were awesome and I am looking forward to having that guy for a neighbor..lol. He gardens and he is generous!

I plan to nose around the internet a little and then get busy folding clothes. See you all later.
  • Just popping in to say Hi and tell you how nice it is to be able to visualize Jane's house and "going to town" when she posts! We had such a great time and I'm planning to go back one of these days. I've already checked out SYR/ORD/EVV flights and they work! That's Syracuse/Chicago/Evansville.
  • Hello ladies...

Not much going on as usual. Went and did my grocery shopping, ran to Michaels to pick up a few things went home and put that stuff up and then headed to the library. I bought a ribbon maker and some yellow ribbon to make ribbons for the trees out front. The last ones were so faded and tattered I finally had to take them down. And...I had the lady at Michaels make them which cost $6 each plus the cost of the ribbon. The ribbon maker cost $9 so yeah, a lot cheaper in the long run as I will be making lots of ribbons for the trees. Now getting my computer time in before cleaning. Jason is home but will be leaving at 2:30 so then I can get it clean and it will stay clean, lol.

JANE...I thought that was sweet of the guys at V's work also. I just hope I'm not overwhelmed with it all. Sorry to hear about your friends deaths in the family. We are finally finished with the patio cover, yay! I think it was you who asked about it...I'll share some pictures once I get this roll developed...think I have a few pictures to take yet.

SUE...glad to hear DH had a clean bill of health and glad you guys enjoyed the swing. I love to sit in the back and swing too...it's so calming. And such a good neighbor too! hope you guys get an offer on your house soon.

ROBIN...you probably won't check in again but just in case...hope you guys have a wonderful weekend at the lake!

SASSY...hope the Dr.s visit goes well today. And sorry about your stomach problems...hope they can figure out what is wrong. I had gallstones and they could see them on x-rays, but DD had them at 15 and she had to have an ultra sound, hers were so small where mine were about the size of nickel...had quite a few and I don't miss that pain at all. Good luck with the job and I do hope you get it.

MARTI...hope you got some sleep. I have been waking up so frequently lately I can't remember the last time i had a good nights sleep. Last night it was 1 am that I woke up...was up until about 3:30 and tossed and turned until my alarm went off at 7, ugh. I'm thinking about going to the doc and getting some sleeping pills to use a couple of times a week.

Hi to everyone else

Anyway, probably won't be on tomorrow. I have a busy day and V is getting off early so we can go out. Heading to SAMS to stock up on water again, and going out for an early dinner and show. We were going to go to the Air Show but changed our minds...not really in the mood for it and I really don't care much for the Blues Travelers so...take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
  • Hey Everybody.............

Well I rescheduled my drs appt. I didn't want to feel "rushed" since I have to work tonight. So its' actually rescheduled on my Anniversary. I need to call and reschedule that. I just left them a voicemail early this morning and told them to reschedule it, so they did.

I so do not want to go into work tonight............But don't want to use anymore of my paid time off either. (Greedy little booger aren't I?) lol. Oh well I suppose I will "survive". lol.

Well I called to reschedule my appt. It's now Oct. 3rd @ 4 p.m. Which is a Tuesday, so I'm off, so I don't have to be "rushed". Only bad thing is the lady I usually see, is no longer there.......... She was Physican's Assistant, which means they are very close to getting their MD, the only thing they cannot do that a MD can do is prescribe Narcotics, So I guess she was only there for her residency or something. She was very very nice........So now I have no idea who I am going to have. I hate that. Esp. with this type of dr. (Gyn.)

Anyways........I am listening to music via my new wireless headset that my hub bought me. Very cool. I don't have any wires "tying" me down. lol.

Well here are the indiv. --

Jane -- sorry to hear about your two friends.....I have been through both and neither is fun..........Hope you get your laundry done. I have mine all done, but it has to be put away.................. I think I'm going to go ahead and put my current boss down and do like my co worker said, give my boss a heads up, in case they do contact her, because like my co worker said, if she blabs or gives me a hard time about it, then she will be in trouble...........Plus may do her some good to be a little afraid of losing her only Weekend Nights person..............(me). lol.

On a good note about work, our OPs manager (my bosses boss) found out about one dayshift girl who is always late and still claims all her hours and also has someone sign her out of her phone for her when she leaves early. (big No, No) So I'm hoping he is taking more of an interest in us and hopefully that makes our boss look bad because she didn't catch it. Not that I have anything against her, but she is kinda lax in the supervisory dept. That can be good and bad...........

Anyways...................If you have anymore good tips for me, lemme know!

Marti -- Hi Ya! Thanks for stopping in, even if it was only for a Quickie. lol. Hope your day is going well!

Sue -- you doing laundry too? You and Jane having a Laundry party??? lol. Glad your hubby got a clean bill of health! Good Luck with the open house!

Ruth -- WB! Glad you had a good time visiting with Jane!

Cristina -- You make ribbons too? you make those fancy bows and all? My mil does that, amazing..........I've had xrays, ultrasounds, scans, etc, nothing ever shows up on me. My husband's gallstones showed up on ultrasound, but not on catscan. The surgeon said gallstones will not show up on catscan, but will on ultrasound. I've had enough ultrasounds to last me a lifetime......lol.

Well I hope you all have a Great Day!!!!! Think of me while I am working away @ work!!!!!!! lol.
  • Jane: Sounds like you have a full emotional plate. Thank you also for the cute quote on grandkinds. Aren't they the greatest.

Cristi: I wish I could help you on the bow making. I'm pretty good at it. I have lots of yellow ribbon left from when my son was over there. I loved your comment about stopping into Michaels for just a few things. I am a craft store junkie. I love just walking up and down the aisles. You should see my craft/sewing room. I can't afford to die, because my DH would find out where all the money went!

Marti: I really like this journaling thing. Thanks for inspiring me.

Sue: Good luck with the open house. Hated that when we sold our old house. I always stressed myself out.

To all you other beauties: I also got my laundry done but I have yet to finish my ironing. I'm old school and can't live without my iron.

Today was my 3 week anniversay and my official weigh in. I weighed 262 lb.
    I didn't lose as much this week as last but I'll take it.
    You all have a great weekend.
    Norma
  • Hi all you fine ladies,

Marti - why is the word computer in caps in your last post? Wasn't it really a computer? Hope you got some rest, sweetie.

Sue - I sometimes can't go back to sleep after I wake in the early hours to potty, like your DH. It's so frustrating because then, around 10 am, I need a nap, lol. So when's your open house?

Ruth - hey, Evansville is just a hop, skip and jump from me, and I'll be happy to have you as a houseguest anytime you want to come down. Pumpkin season is almost upon us, maybe Neal can split one in the kitchen.

(To those who don't know, Neal broke open a big watermelon on the kitchen counter, using his fist, and splashed melon all over the place - the wall, the dishwasher, the toaster, etc. Molly even snuck a huge hunk of it, and proceeded to take it to my new beige carpet in the living room! Thankfully, Ruth saw Molly do that, and I shoo-ed the dog outside with the melon, lol. Anyway, Neal was just trying to impress Ruth with how strong he is, lol.)

Cristi - wow, I almost forgot about the yellow ribbons. We had them all over the trees around town, but as they faded, and got taken down, they weren't replaced. That's sad.... Btw, I'd love to see a photo of your...what did you call it? Pergola? Sounds beautiful!

Sassy - I did get the laundry done, that is, until tomorrow, lol. Always dirty clothes! Are you familiar with Pig Pen from the Charlie Brown comics? That's my husband, Neal, lol. He attracts dirt and is a walking dirt ball when he's been working outdoors. His laundry is pathetic, lol.

Norma - yep, grandkids are the best. Mine are a huge reason that I'm trying to get healthy now. I want to dance at their weddings. Everytime I'm temped to overeat or eat junk, I think of them. Hopefully, these thoughts will stay with me always. Btw, I've asked Sue to do my ironing for me in the past, but the stinker claimed she had already put her iron away .... how about if I send it to you, lol???

Btw, thank you to those who commented about my friends.

The Mind, Body and Spirit meeting was today, and it was great! So much sharing and caring going on. I behaved myself at Applebee's and ate the WW dinner that I planned on.

Have a good evening!
  • Wow...good to see everyone. Are you all gearing up for the week-end? Any plans? (Robin..is away having fun I'm sure!) Anyone else gonna have fun?

Hello Ruth- Glad you had a good time at Jane's. I know she enjoyed having you there. Hey, we could make you an honarary Hoosier.

Cristina- Sounds like fun making bows. How many? I have never seen a bow maker, are they pretty easy? Hope you and V had a nice dinner and show.

Norma- You are doing so well...keep up the good work! I stressed myself out over the first open house and the first few showings...I'm pretty much over all that now. Realtors came by today and had a look, so I hope they have someone in mind for the house.

Sassy- Well, I add my voice to those who wish you well with the job hunt. But then maybe they will appreciate you more where you work if someone else is goofing off and you are doing your job. It always helps you look better if there is a slacker on the job. LOL..

Marti- Sounds like you needed some rest. I hope you got it. You can't work and do all you need to if you can't get rested up.

Jane- Sorry for the troubles of your two friends. Such a hard time. I hope the rest of your day went okay. You also need to get some rest!

We had to go this afternoon and pick out shower doors. Finally found some we could live with. They make all kinds for tub/showers, but not many for walk in showers. Went to the house and they are getting ready to pour the front porch tomorrow...finally. Then I can take some more pictures! The outside will be finished. Yay!

I walked my 2+ miles tonight, ate pretty much clean...had some extra starch today, but nothing earth shattering. Ran out of fruit, so I need to shop in the morning. Have a Mammogram in the afternoon. Ugh! What a day!
  • Good Evening chickies!!

It's a little late for me to be getting on since I should REALLY be in bed, but I thought I'd stop in first and do some individuals!

Sue--I ended up getting up at 7:00 this morning....wondering why I can't just sleep in. Rolled over and slept an hour later. Not a lot, but better than it could have been!

Jane--James bought a computer yesterday.....but not one that was put together! So he and a friend were what they call Building a computer last night. There were boxes all over the place! Lot of money, but I guess he saved over a grand buying it this way.

Norma--Oh I'm glad that you're journalling!! I haven't journalled as much as I would like. I feel like I'm constantly busy. I wanted to try and journal everyday but that hasn't happened. But I suppose a couple days is better than none right?

Sassy--You know, we just got a letter today from my hubby's doctor office. His doctor is retiring. So now he'll have to find a new one. James was disappointed....as this is the same doctor he's had since he was a baby! I told him that the man needs time to rest. I myself have been looking for a new Gyno. Been 4yrs or more since I've last had my annual....I think I better get in and have a look see.....

Cristi--I didn't even know they made ribbon makers! That would be great!! What section of the store would you find it in? The sewing area or the crafter area?? I may have to make a trip to Michaels this weekend! (Not like I need more stuff in my VERY cluttered room!!)

Ruth--I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time w/Jane!! What a great experience to meet another fellow 3FCer!!

Ok....I really need some sleep. But I'll be back in the morning to catch up on the challenge...but after I spend some time on the gazelle.

Night ladies!
  • Marti: Since you've got a new computer, you probably have Microsoft Office installed. It came on my computer last year. I looked in the projects section and found that it had 4 types of journals to choose from. That way I can type my journal pages. The pages are very pretty and even has a cover page. Too cute!
  • Morning Ladies!

Today I was not a good girl and lemme tell ya I can feel it. Feel bloated, tired and blechy.

Anywho, I made it through tonight, don't know how, but I did!

Jane -- LMAO @ Pig Pen..........lol. My husband reminds me of a little kid, always wiping his hands on his clothes, etc.............lollllll.

Sue -- Thanks for the well wishes. I still haven't officially "applied" yet. In a way I am afraid........Sounds strange I know. But I am "comfortable" at this job and a change freaks me out. I know sometimes change can be good, but sometimes change can be horrid! lol. I know, I know, I won't know until I at least try! lol. Lets just say I'm not running and "jumping" into anything. For some reason I can't get myself to hit the send button...........Sounds like the house is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see pics. Good Job on the 2 mile walk + eating well. Wish I could say the same.

Marti -- we had that happen too, well sort of. We had a dr. we absoultely loved, but he got ill and also got burnt out because fighting constantly with the insurance companies, he said he couldn't treat his patients the way he wanted. But we did find a pretty good dr. here in town, he looks like Matthew Broderick, no kidding! lol.

Um yup I'd say its time to get checked out. lol. But it all depends on your situation I suppose. My mil only has to go once every four years now. But she has had a hysterectomy and all that...........

Yawn I am getting sleepy myself but I don't wanna go to bed yet! lolllllllll. We got to talking with our co workers tonight about us wanting to join a gym and they mentioned the YMCA here in town, I guess it is HUGE, one of the biggest in the area. So we are going to go and check it out. They say it opens pretty early, about 6 am, that is a good thing as we could work out after work, but then again do I want to be working out BEFORE I go to bed????? Yet I do not want to be working out with a bunch of people there either. Stupid things to think about. lol.

Well I hope you all have a Great Friday!!!!!!!!

• TGIF..for all you who have to KNOW what day it is. WE retirees have 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday per week. Never have to know anything more than that.

Doing okay this morning. I have a little to do here around the house then need to get ready for my mammogram appointment. Will be glad to get that over with.

Marti- Does that mean you will each have a computer, or are you losing one? Yes, I agree, you need to find a Dr. and go get a check-up! Sorry you can't seem to sleep in. One of my greatest loves is rolling over and going back to sleep after awaking too early. I wish my DH could sleep as easily as I usually do.

Sassy- You better get to the Dr. also girlie. Do not keep putting it off....your health is so important. Oh, that would be so nice if you and your DH can go to the Y in the mornings. I wish my DH was interested in exercising with me.

Okay...I am off and running for the day. I want to swing by the new house and see if the porch is done. Cabinet fellow is also supposed to be there with the rest of the cabinets and to measure for the tops.

BBL...
  • Hi ladies...

Didn't think I would have time to get on the computer but I have plenty...sort of. Still have to get in the shower after I vacuum. Thought I better check my e-mail...waiting to hear from Josh. Anyway, was up early enough to get everything done. Mowed the front yard and went to exercise and got some things done around the house.

RUTH...don't know how I missed your post. Glad that you had a great time visiting with Jane.

SUE...you are doing a great job with your eating and walking. Bet you guys can't wait to finally move into the new home. The bow makers are easy! It is just a piece of wood about 2 feet long with some spools. You put the spool of ribbon on one and then just kind of thread the ribbon through the others depending on what kind of bow you want. I'm just making them as I use them. Put one around the two trees in the front, and one around the two lights on the garage. I'll make more when those fade and shred like the others did. The movie and dinner are today...didn't think I was going to have time to post today but did after all.

JANE...too funny about the watermelon, lol. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun though. I have to get this roll of film finished off then I will share some pics. I got an idea from the city where the library is...they have wooden ribbons nailed to the telephone posts through out the city and I told DD that was a good idea...wouldn't have to replace them as often as the fabric ribbons. V is just like Pigpen too, lol! Him, Jason and Josh!

MARTI...a guy that V works with does that and when we bought our computer V wanted to go that route...I didn't though. But I have heard you do save lots of moola that way, especially if you want a lot of extra added stuff. Oh my goodness, yes they have them but I had forgotten about them. They are in the ribbon section. It shows you how to make all sorts of them too. When I had the woman make me one for my Americana wreath...I watched her make it in like a minute, start to finish and I thought are you kidding me! She has one of the ribbon makers that she uses.

SASSY...I am like your hubby...when working in the yard or outdoors I always have old, baggy clothes on so I am always wiping my hands and face on them, lol. You reminded me that I needed to go for my yearly this past Feb, oops! I actually did remember, just didn't want to go. I need to because I want to see a specialist for my left arm/shoulder...don't want to go through the whole winter in pain. Was my right arm but it switched to the left which is weird. The right still hurts once in a while but it is mostly the left.

NORMA...oh, I wish you were close...I would let you make ribbons for me! I don't like making them but have for wreaths and it takes me a while because I have to get them just right. When I had the yellow ribbons in the trees, I had the lady at Michaels make them but it seemed kind of high. So, I remembered they had a bow maker and with it I can make them faster and easier. So in the long run it will save lots of moola as I will be making lots of yellow ribbons I am sure. I to am terrible when it comes to Michaels...I said I picked up a couple of things, well...I did, lol! I found those ballerina pink and white bears that I put on my tree that goes in the bedroom and had to get some and i can't stay away from the scrapbook stuff... that is my downfall when going there. I need my own room for crafts, and scrapbooking. I have a table and a little section in the office in the basement but my own room would be awesome.

I think I got to everyone this time. Hi to everyone else. I need to get going and go vacuum an djump int he shower before V gets home. He is taking off an hour early but the show doesn't start until 4:30 so...plenty of time to do what I need to do.Chat with you ladies tomorrow. Have a good day and weekend!