Old 09-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

sno- i wouldn't say that is was totally painless...my legs were killing me and i had on "cute" shoes so i ended up with blisters but the fact that it was part of my normal day did make it a lot easier. not everyday is that busy but i do get in 10,000+ everyday.

looks like everyone is doing great, i am still not caught up with everyone yet but i am trying. i have had a great week and have lost 3lbs. i am starting ww next thursday and we just bought a family membership to the gym so we are going to start that next week...it is through my husbands work so there is still some paperwork to be done. i hope that with all of that and my school days diet i will reach my goal.

goal for 1-1-07
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Happy Saturday and day 6!

Great to hear from everyone--Nancy you are doing great with all that exercise! Congrats on getting the new clothes. That always feels great! I think planning food the night before really helps--even if I change something the next day, I still do way better than just winging it. I definitely eat less but am more satisfied because I plan out my treats!

Trob: you need some great shoes--I bought these new balance walking shoes that are so comfortable--but not that cute My feet are happy tho.

Today is going great--I have decided to rest on exercise for the weekend--tho both my hubby and I missed swimming! I am eating pretty much on target and enjoying my lazy day--it is pretty hot and I was going to do housework but forget it--I think I will wait till monday--the dog hair will still be there!!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 190/170/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the welcomes and I am amazed how well everyone seems to be doing with the exercise, it really motivates me to get out jogging again.

Today was awful for me and reaffirmed why I am doing this. I pulled out all my fall/winter clothes to get ready and every year when I do that I weed out the ones I don't like anymore. While I was doing that I tried some of them on and, well, they just didn't fit anymore. It was so frustrating. I am hoping that by the time I need to really wear them, I will have lost the 10-15 pounds I have put on in the last year.
Bertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Height: 5'7"

I had a balanced day, I stuck with my food plan until dinner and then ended up with take out, but just a burger and fries, no super size, and I walked the 75 minutes to get it plus shopped with dd for back to school clothes first. I got most of my house work done prior to that, and drank 3 litres of water. I really hope the rest of the day balanced the burgers and fries. If not it was so worth it for a long weekend treat, it has been 3 weeks since I did take out.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #110  

Default Day 7

Yesterday was a good day. I did very little exercise--it was one of my rest days--but I did end up walking about 15 minutes. I drank 126 oz of water--trying to combat PMS bloat which really is hitting. Ended up with about 1500 calories which is a little lower than I was aiming for but I had read a book that had calcualtions that indicated I have to eat 1200-1300 cals a day to lose 2 lbs a week. We'll see!

Good luck Card--having an occaisional burger and fries should be okay--especially the way you did it with the long walk etc.

Bertine--sorry about the clothes. But it is only 10-15 pounds--not too bad you can probably do it!
Old 09-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #111  

I have been trying to figure out what makes me lose, and I've come to the conclusion that I need to alternate higher calorie and lower calorie days in order to keep my metabolism up. 2000 two days a week and 1300-1500 the other 5 days. It gives me some room if I mess up too early in a day and seems to keep my body from going into starvation mode.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #112  

Default calories

Hmmm--I like that idea--in this book I was glancing at they suggested that saying that it keeps the body from adjusting to the lower cals. I may have to try that.

PS--I cheated and weighed myself this morning--249--which is down 5 from last monday. I am stoked--I was afraid of PMS bloat--that is why I have drunk a gallon of water a day to keep me flushed--its working!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #113  

congrats!!!! I have to admit I am a 5 day a week weigher, I know I shouldn't but it keeps me honest, I don't worry about a pound or two up or down and put most of my faith in my once a month measurments. I don't lose as quickly as some people though, I read about someone who lost 10 - 14 lbs in their first week and I could almost cry. I try for a pound a week and even if I don't lose just please don't gain.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #114  

Default weighin

Hi card:

I am trying to weigh in once a week only because I tend to yo-yo a lot on the scale and that makes me very crazy.

This weeks loss was probably mostly water for me since I was insanely bloated last monday--PMS and too much salt. I retain water really easy and that is another reason my weigh yo-yo's. Plus I love salt.

one pound a week is really good--they say the slower you lose the harder it is to gain back the weight!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #115  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hey ladies,

Looking forward to weigh in day tomorrow. I have branched out my exercising this week, keeping it interesting. Swimming yesterday, batting cages today. Both were fun and different from the same old videos. The swimming was HARD. SNO-i dont know how you do it. My legs were worn out after one lap. So i would do a lap or two, then rest a minute, then start back up. I really enjoyed it though. DH taught me how to do lap swimming. I have always been able to swim but lap swimming is so much different than my regular "swim to the other side of the pool" swimming. The kids wanted to go to the batting cages so i went and spent WAY too much money but it was a great change of pace.

Doing well on food. I am nervous about dinner tonight...cooking out steaks but i should be okay, side dishes are salad and grilled veggies. Desert is grilled peaches.

Tomorrow will be hard, smoked pulled pork. YUM. It will be hard to stop at one small bbq sandwich. But hopefully i can restrain.

Good news SNO about your loss. Wow that is impressive.

I know what you mean bertine...my favorite blue jeans dont fit for fall. I want to get back in them BAD.

talk to you all soon
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

i weigh myself everyday and more than once a day. i like to see how my body weight changes throughout the day and how it reacts to differents kinds of foods. i do not get upset when yo-yo which i do daily. i am sure that my weight tomorrow will be up because of the weekend because i pretty much eat what i want on the weekends and then eat near nothing everyday at work. it is working for me right now. hope the rest of the weekend is great for everyone. later trob
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #117  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Trob, you are certainly better at the scale thing than I. I get so frustrated. The scale is playing tricks with me lately and proving to be quite frustrating. I am determined to hang in there though no matter what.

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #118  

Started eating a little more today, I have been sticking to my diet during the day but have been getting a headache around three. I have not cut out any caffine, so I was wondering if my blood sugar was getting too low. I'll try eating a little more tomorrow and see if that helps. I weeded and mowed and cleaned the house and yard today for exercise and drank my three litres of water. So it was a good day. May the scale reflect my efforts tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #119  
Transformation

S/C/G: 183/154/138

Height: 5'2"

Okay I have to confess I binged in an awful way today. I feel like I gained 10lbs.

Good job sno, 5lbs is a lot!

I'm thinking of doing a rotation diet too. I'm starting back on LC tomorrow for 2 weeks, then high carb for a week since I can't stand LC too long. Does that make any sense?

bertine you can try on those clothes from time to time and have a great measure of your size. This is my first year living in a place with seasons, I don't want to get my winter clothes out, I just want to buy the new stuff they have in the stores. gosh I went from not shopping at all to being a maniac the other way
nawchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #120  

you did not gain 10 lbs for binging. LOL I ate way too much this evening due to the headache. It worked though headache gone. when I am making healthier choices and trying to lower calories i am cutting out most of the startches, didn't mean to do it, it's just the easiest thing for me to cut. So I ate my healthy supper and then a BIG bag of chips and then a second sandwich. Oh well maybe I won't weigh more than I did last week. Because I could tell I lost weight in my face. But tomorrow is a new day for everyone.