Old 08-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 183/183.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Everyone!!!

Welcome bopis21, Get n Healthy and trob!!!! It is great to have more people join this challenge. It will be great to get to know you.

I'm very excited for tomorrow's official weigh-in. I had an early weigh-in today and I am down 4 lbs!!! I just started this week, so I know it's mostly water and stuff getting flushed from my system, but it feels really good to be getting going.

Sno - I think that your attitude towards food is great! I think it is important to choose your food - whatever it is. I think just taking responsibility for your choices makes it easier to say "I had xxxx but that doesn't mean that my diet is not working, I made the choice". I also have had that struggle, so when I plan to have something it feels better than than eating it just because. My favorite things are coffee and chocolate, so I still have my coffee every morning, but I use Splenda and FF creamer. I also have about 1 oz. of a 71% chocolate bar (form Tjs) just about every day.

Yesterday I went for a walk with my DD and DH, and then took DD to the park to practice soccer for alittle while and let her play. It was really nice. I have been telling her for the last 2 months that we would go on walks every weekend, but this is the first time I've followed through. I'm really glad I did.

I didn't get any other exercise yesterday, so I will get a run in today.

I'm off to read some more of my book so I can learn, learn, learn!!! Talk to you all soon!
CH4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Height: 5'7"

I would like to get in on this as well. I am a mother of three 15, 13, 11, with a husband who never gains an ounce. Two of the children are like the husband. The doctor suggested that i should increase their calories especially the 13 year old boy as he is growing quickly. I would like to lose 18 lbs by New Years. That would put me at 192. Obviously my biggest challenge is to avoid the calorie rich foods I am feeding others in my house.

My goals are to say no to seconds and to walk for a half hour 5 days a week and not eat the same meals as my family.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #33  
Opulent

Wow, what an inspiring thread I too am busy like most on here and so look forward to the support I can give and recieve here.

I am up for the challenge! I have made a promise to myself (again) to really work to get in shape!

Here's what I have set out as my plan thus far:

I will get my gym membership going tomorrow.
I will keep my calories eaten daily between 1,800-2,000.
I will burn 300+ calories in cardio per day, at least 5 days a week.
I will eat healthy, whole foods and take my time to enjoy each bite.
I will NOT eat after sundown.
I will plan ahead and be sure I have healthy foods with me for work and school.
I will prepare the same healthy foods for my family as I enjoy.
I will set a goal of losing 30 pounds by January 1, 2007.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Great Group!

Card--Lovely to hear from you--I think it must be really hard to be the only one dieting--tho I have been there--all through my dieting last year I had to watch my husband crunching chips and eating cereal when I wasnt eating any of that--it was really hard but I also felt that I was learning to be stronger.

Yogini--I really like your goals! I like how you put them. I know it is hard sometimes to forgive/trust ourselves for all the times we have promised and failed to work on our food issues but it doesnt mean we should stop trying!

Ch--thanks for the props--I am really working on my attitude towards food. I have been so screwy about it--and inconsistent so I am really working having the attitude that I feel is the most mentally and physically healthy for me.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 245/209/185

Height: 71"

Hi
This is my very first post and I'm so excited to have run across your challenge! My goal is to "run" with you in this challenge. I hope to lose 5 pounds per month up until January 1st. I will start walking again and watch my intake. I need words of encouragement and the accountability of a weekly weigh in. See you soon.
golfsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:59 AM   #36  
Transformation

S/C/G: 183/154/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi I'd like to join the challenge too. The last time I weighed I was 159 and would like to get to 138 eventually. I usually eat moderate lowcarb, but I've had some weird stomach thing for 3 weeks and have just eaten carbs the whole time. Today I caught up on all the chocolate I've missed out on all month. Oh lord, I was bad. I'm gonna weigh in tomorrow.

My dr said I might be having an appendicitis, I haven't been exercising at all for most of this month. That's one of my goals.

18 Week Goals
1. walk 30 min/day
2. yoga everyday
3. stick to 20 carbs/day (most of the time, except I'm eating yogurt this week for my tummy).

I'd like to hear what plans you all are doing.
nawchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:09 AM   #37  
Transformation

I just read through the thread again. You guys are so inspiring. I noticed everyones mentioning clothes as a motivation. Its been so long since I've even gone shopping. I'm in between the large womens sizes and regular. I no longer think of buying clothes as a happy activity I would want to do. That's another goal: become a normal woman that loves shopping!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #38  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Wow, so nice to see all of your that joined. This will be a great group and we will be ringing in the new year, looking a feeling so much better.

Golfalot, glad to have you. Look forward to getting to know you better over the next 18 weeks.

Card and Yogini, Great goals! I look forward to working alongside you guys to get to our goals by the time the new years hits!

Nawchem, great active goals. I am glad that you found the posts inspiring. That is definitely what we need to keep us encouraged for the next 18 weeks.

Well, I am weighing in at 241.5. I hope to have a loss next week. I have to run to work, so I have to keep this short and sweet, but I promise to catch up later.

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #39  
I love Justin!!

S/C/G: 228.8/217.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Monday Morning Weigh In
So I am starting this 18 week challenge at 187 and I would like to lose 30lbs and get my body fat % into the 20's.

Good Luck to everyone.
I am looking forward to ringing in the New Year healthiet and happier
bopis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #40  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

I know I am kinda behind the rest of you but I would like to join your challenge. I am 35, married, two kids. As of this morning I weighed in at 181.5. By the end of the year I would like to be at least 160. As far as goals go, that is a mild one. I have problems dealing with slow losses but trouble attaining fast ones. I don't have much time to write today but I weigh in on Mondays so expect to hear from me next Monday.
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 183/183.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!!! I weighed in at 179.6. Today is going to be crazy - we're doing an ice cream photo shoot. My goal today is to just say no. The photographer always has treats all over when we go, and they always order an indulgent lunch. I'm bringing my veggies, a fruit and a yogurt incase there are no healthy snacks today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will at least be a salad with lunch today. I'll bring a can of tuna just incase, but I'm hoping I wont need to eat it.

I'll check in later and say hi to everyone then.
CH4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #42  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Daily Goals:

1. Stay under 1500 cals everyday, eating protien with each meal.
2. At least 30 minutes of exercise a day and record it on fitday.
3. Drink water, lots of water.
4. 32 pounds by new years.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #43  
Transformation

That ice cream photo shoot sounds so funny to me. Man how do you work there?

I weighed in at 160 and got my walk done first thing this morning. Tummy still not doing well so I will try to keep my cals to 1200. I cut out the gatorade, not sure that will make a difference, will eat bananas for potassium.

18 Week Goals started 8/28/06 160.0
1. walk 30 min/day
2. yoga everyday
3. stick to 20 carbs/day (most of the time, except I'm eating yogurt this week for my tummy).
Old 08-28-2006, 04:13 PM   #44  
Goodbye Fat!

Hi everyone I would like to join the challenge for New Year's. It will be a good way to make it through the holidays. I am starting today at 183.

Goals:
1. Lose 30 pounds
2. Exercise 4-5 times a week
3. Learn to like vegetables
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Day 1 of week 1!

Hi all:

sorry to login so late--I have had a busy morning.

I have been trying to figure out how to calculate my goals--TOM always messes up my weight loss and I have PMS and bloat already. Oh well--I will set high goals and if I do half of it, I will feel good!

I will eat mindfully and slowly--put down my food after every bite, eat smaller bites and portions--try to take half of what I normally would with the option of going back for more if I am really hungry. Calorie goal--1700.

I will work up to exercise 5x per week--walk 3x, swim 2x (gardening counts). Stretch and ice everyday. Start adding yoga and pilates as possilbe--dont
hurt self--lots of gentle exericise is okay!

I will weigh once a week and measure once a month.

I will Journal as much as possible at least once a day! Keep track of all food on fitday. Check in with this forum daily!

I will lose at a rate of 2 lbs per week!

I will be at 218 by January 1, 2007!

I am so pleased to meet all of you and hear your goals--hopefully we will hear more from everyone and learn more about you as the week goes on--I will put a little chart below:

CH--------will lose 30
Eycia------will lose 42
Stacy-----will lose 42
beforeim---will lose 21.5
bopi------will lose 30
golfsalot--will lose 20
yogini----will lose 30
card-----will lose 20
trob------will lose 30
Sno------will lose 36
Nawchem-will change behaviors

Please forgive if I missed anyone or I got your goals wrong--and let me know how to correct them! At the end of the day I will send all of these powerful goals out to the universe and get things moving!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote