Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

Good news: I got the treadmill done!

Bad news: I went over my points by 5 tonight. I had an egg and toast and 1/2 c OJ that wasn't on my plan.

Good news: I can take those off the weekly flex points available.

All in all, I think each of us is doing pretty darn well, don't you?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #32  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

ifonly- I also have been having heel problems. Funny thing is if I wear my good walking shoes the heel doesn't hurt. It does however pain me when I am going barefoot afterwards. The dr. gave me anti-inflamatory meds for an elbow problem and , don't know if it is possible, but it seems to be helping the heel too. Over the last year I have just pushed myself to walk as long as the shoes held off the pain. I am hopeful that if I get the weight off I won't have to do anything more about the heel.

Jane- Okay your good news, bad news kind of evens out..right?

Okay...I had an OP breakfast and my day is off and running. Hope to get exercise and a walk in later.

BBL
Old 08-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Good job IFONLY, JANE & SUE! You ladies are doing GREAT!

Today is day 4 done! I was up early and spent an hour in the front yard mowing and weeding. Had to jump in the shower before heading to exercise only to get sweaty again. I didn't wash my hair the first time since I did last night but will with the next shower, lol! And I did get my work out done at It Figures. I am thinking about going tomorrow since it is supposed to rain the whole weekend, and get a walk on the treadmill. We'll see what happens...you never know about the weather so.

Take care ladies and keep up the good work!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Good job ladies!

I'm OP today but have to say, though, that it's a struggle today. I'm hanging on, but it's hard. I keep going over all the reasons that I want to lose, and that's helping.

Those of you with hurting heels, are you sure it isn't plantar's fasciitis? That's what I have, and my heels hurt when I first start walking, then the pain lessens, unless I've let it go too long. Now I can't go barefoot at all, and all my shoes have to have arch supports in them. Just a thought....
Old 08-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Ok...this week is a bust for me. I journalled two days. Then I took it to work and threw it in my locker so I could keep up while on my lunch break.

I kept forgetting about it and now it's in the locker over the weekend. It's only a spiral notebook so I can just start a new one...but the fact is....there is only 2days written in it!!

So I will start new on Monday.......with something different. <---Almost sounds like I gave up doesn't it?? Well I suppose in a way I did. I will do better, PROMISE.

You are all doing a great job and I applaud you for it!! Keep up the great work!
Old 08-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Day 5 done!

I'm thinking next weeks challenge I will work on the food part and see what happens. I'm pretty sure I will keep up with the exercise...even if I skip a day or two once in a while as long as I get some in I think it is better than none at all so...gotta work on the food part for sure.

JANE...I have to agree it is very hard! But then if it were easy none of us would be here would we? I think what you are doing is good and glad that reminding yourself why you are doing is working. I need to do that also.

MARTI...eventually you will get it done...the important thing is that you keep going and two days of journalling is absolutely better than 0.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Marti - Cristi's right - 2 days are better than 0 days!

Cristi - you're right about something else: if it was easy, we wouldn't be here. You're giving out mighty good advice today.

Sue, Norma and Ifonly - hope you are doing well with your challenges!

I made it through yesterday, barely! I finally went to bed to just stop thinking about food. Today I caved. I went way over points. But I have to stop and think like Cristi says: look at all the days I did a good job, right? And at least I'm getting my exercise in.

Tomorrow will be hard, too, because we're going to a church picnic. Unless it's too hot, that is. Used to be, I'd have a plan of how many points I would allow on protein, starch, etc before I ever left the house. Yikes, I'd like to get a handle on that kind of control again!

Hang tough, ladies!
Old 08-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Have done okay with my food, and exercised or walked most days. Haven't done a thing "over and above" however. (since Fri.)
Mon. I am going back to the beginning.....eating what I did the first week I started this...(this time..) Luckily I wrote it down and can refer back...tweak it a little if I want.
All I can do is keep on keeping on!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:58 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 285/249/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have no problems (other than donut day) with my challenges. No failures at all. I went into breakroom alot to grab some filtered water, but just kept on walking past all the sugar snacks.

Someone asked about PF. I certainly have PF, the classic symptoms, but I've got some spurs that the doctor said resulted from the PF. Needless to say, my feet hurt all the time. I'm very familiar with the limping walk that eases up over a span of 5 minutes.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:59 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 285/249/130

Height: 5' 2"

Marti - You should start a journal online. At least then you always have access to it, because how often are we not in front of a pc? I'm going to start one soon, I think.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #41  
GmaTo8

Well, ladies, I'm happy to report a 1 1/2 pound loss for last week, even with going over on Saturday.

Time to start a new week's challenge, so I'll see you over at week #6!
Closed Thread