Old 08-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #16  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Kempy, I got the shirt from West Marine (the boating store). They were pretty cheap too, under $8... you can find it online at westmarine.com.

My mom, sis and BIL are home from China with baby Malia. I am going over to their house to see her in an hour or so. : Gotta get my camera batteries charged up! Will post more tomorrow.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #17  

Hi Girls I am just popping on before bed. It has cooled off here and it feels great. Can you believe summer is almost done? I wanted to say Hello

Noelle enjoy seeing your little niece. Your family must be so excited!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:31 AM   #18  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. It is nice to see some posts on here finally!! I thought I was going to have to join a new thread because everyone left. haha

Noelle, Those are very cute birthday gifts. I bet he loved them. I cant wait to see pics of your neice. I bet she is getting big. Did they have a good trip over and back?

Julie, It is awesome here too now. It feels like a early Fall day. Fall is my favorite time of the year. Especially when the leaves start to change and you get that crisp smell in the air. I LOVE IT!!

Kempy, My life is exciting too. It is hard to have stuff to say when nothing ever happens.

Cal, How is school going to so far?

Have you guys tried the Laughing Cow cheeses? 1 point per serving plus they have a cheese and onion poppyseed breadsticks (like the cheese and cracker packs we used to eat as kids) for 2 points. YUM!!!! I bought the onion wedges and that is so good!! I have found a nice new snack pack.

Hi Dips, Red, CW, LT. Who else am I missing? I hope you guys come back. We miss you.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:52 AM   #19  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

You guys know how Alicia has been doing weight watchers with me and she has lost 20 pounds over the last few months. When she goes with my family she will eat at Mc D's etc. (so she is still being a kid but she is walking with me during the days etc.) She is a teen now as well.

Alicia is friends with a girl down the road. She went to spend the night at her house the other night. I do not like this girls mother. She has said many stupid things over the years, she cut Alicias hair short once a few years ago while she was there without asking me and she is a huge animal breeder. 40 rabbits and more. She breeds them for pet stores. None of her animals are fixed and right now whe has 2 litters of flea infested kittens...one of them outside under her steps. She wants to keep one of the kittens(why? If she wont fix them would she need more?) and she has a mixed breed dog that she bred with another mixed breed dog so she could sell the puppie. OMG, the sheer stupidity!!!!!

Anyhow, this weekend she told Alicia that I need to take her off this diet because it isnt healthy. Alicia bought a smart ones meal for her supper because it was that or cookies while she was there and she started saying all of this. I said "What did Chelsea have for lunch?" She said her mother bought her a big bag of cookies.Her daughter is overweight so I am thinking that maybe it is jealousy because Alicia isnt anymore. I dont know. OMG, I could punch her right now!!! How dare she!!! Basically all WW is is eating the way we should anyways. Lots of veggies, making sure to get your dairy in etc. She has so much self confidence now and is so proud of herself because her clothes fit again. I am so mad right now!!! Did I mention that Alicia doing this with me was her idea because she had outgrown all of her clothes? It makes me so mad because I dont think an ignorant adult should try to make my daughter feel bad for wanting to be healthy.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #20  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, how's it going this fine Thursday? I am still stuffed up but I went to visit the baby yesterday anyway...I figured she flew all this way cooped up in a germ-filled airplane, what's a few more germs? I'm terrible I know, but I couldn't not see her. She is so adorable. She wasn't afraid of any of us at all. I carried her and hogged her attention for a good bit of the visit. So she's met 4 of her aunties from her mom's side of the family, only 2 more to go. I fed her lots of cheerios and baby snacks then we took off when she made a stinky diaper I will try and upload some pics in a few.

Angie, that is so great about Alicia and her weight loss. She's got a great example in her mother! I think it's wonderful she's got her confidence back and I would just ignore that stupid woman. Just let Alicia know that there's nothing wrong with the way you guys are eating--it's the right and healthy way, I'm sure she knows that woman is a little whacked. I think you're right too, about maybe it being a little bit of jealousy. As long as Alicia knows which way is up in the world I think she should be fine. That lady sounds toxic to people and animals! *shudder* I have some laughing cow in the fridge right now, but I am waiting to get more 1 pt bagels to eat them with. Love it!

Hello to everyone . Gotta run and get some work done before I start getting caught up fiddling around with my pictures.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #21  
so close, yet so far...

Here's just 2 pics (of the 47!) I took yesterday of my new niece now named "Malia". She traveled over 5000 miles to get here. We love her already!

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #22  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh My gosh Noelle She is so beautiful!!!! I love those little chubby cheeks. What a little sweetie. I am so happy for your sis and BIL.

Thank you for the kind words for Alicia. I am very proud of her. It was her idea to have a journal for pointtracking because she thinks it is FUN! I actually like it too. It makes me feel in control for the day because it is all mapped out and it actually took away my guilt if I eat say pizza for lunch or something because now it isnt a forbidden food it is a point. Does that make sense?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #23  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

okay, I am looking for a new thread.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #24  

Well, one week over. So far, so good. This year's crop of 7th graders is a good one. I realize there will be some rotten bits and pieces, but the rest will more than make up for it. I, so far, love this group. They are so willing to learn and sit and listen. We'll see if they can keep it up through the year. Be patient with me because it's hard to find time to post sometimes; and it will only get worse, I think.
Tomorrow, we will get the tile put down in our house. I will be so glad when we can get back to normal. I'm looking forward to having a new floor.
Noelle: Your niece is adorable with a capital 'A'. She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing her picture. Congrats to your sis and BIL.
Angie: You are doing great. I think it's great that Alicia is excited about doing all this with you. What a great team you make!! Keep up the good work (both of you) and you continue to inspire me.
Hello to everyone else. Have a great weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #25  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I got to spend the afternoon playing with Malia. My sis is on a 12 week leave from work to stay home with the baby, then she will probably just stay home for good. What a good life, eh? She is such a good baby, hardly cries and doesn't mind when you hold her alot or put her down. She's fine either way. I went with my sis to a baby furniture store and boy, how things have changed! They have such sophisticated (and expensive!) stuff nowadays. You'd think we wouldn't know what to do without an automatic bottle or wipe warmer .

Angie, I mosied on over to the 100 lb club for a while when I was so motivated and this thread was fizzling..... really great people over there too. Not that I'm pushing you to go there, just, I know how you feel when not everyone posts when you've got the motivation. And yup, gotta love the point system.

Hi Cal Glad to know you've got some good kids on your hands. I'm sure you'll fix those rotten ones right up too.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #26  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Guys!! Today is weigh day. I am down 3.1 pounds this week. Today is my measurement day as well. I have lost another 5 inches this month with a total 3 month loss of 17 3/4 inches. WOOHOO!!!!

Cal, It sounds like a good group this year. How long does it take for them to start acting up? I am glad your tile floors are getting done this week. that will be so nice.

Noelle, Malia sounds like a perfect little sweetie. Her pics are adorable. I have been hanging around on the general chatter thread. I wished everyone would come back. It was so nice when there were so many posts to read. I wonder what happened.

I dont have much happening here today. I guess I will get in a walk while jay is working and maybe do something later. Fun Fun.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #27  
so close, yet so far...

GREAT JOB ANGIE!!!

Yeah, I wonder what happened to everyone else???

I am off to go have some family time with the hubby. He's been working so much on the weekends lately and if he's not working, he's been over on the Big Island fiddling around with the boat....so I'm grabbing this weekend with his undivided attention while I can. Be back later. Have a good one!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:11 PM   #28  

Still overseeing the tile job. It looks so great!!! I really love it. When everything is back to normal I will try to post some pics.

Angie: I figure the kiddos will be great until after Christmas. That's when the hormones usually kick in. I'm just going to enjoy the great behavior while I can.

Noelle: Enjoy your weekend. It's great to be able to have some together time.

Hope everyone else can come out and chat.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #29  

Hi everyone,

I'm still here. I didn't move on to another thread, just been busy. Plus, I'm still struggling. You'd think that when I had surgery and wasn't eating, I would have lost weight. Oh no! Not me! I gained weight. I'm also getting ready for a yard sale, and trying to get rid of a lot of clutter in my home. Believe me, that's a chore in itself, as I've accumulated 17 years of junki. So I'm trying to simplify by getting rid of some of the stuff that I never use.

Noelle, the baby is so precious. What a blessing God has given your family. I hope you have a great family day today.

Angie, Congrats to you and your daughter. I bet you want to slug that stupid woman. She is jealous that you and your daughter are losing weight, and looking so "hot" . Jealous people are great for sabotage. Weight watchers is the #1 doctor recommended weight loss plan. I can't tell you how many members came in at their doc's advice to lose weight. Anyway, keep up the great work. You are still my inspiration.

Cal, I can't believe you guys started the school year already. My daughter, who's starting high school, starts on the 21. I can't believe the summer is almost over. I'm sure you're going to love your tile. All the carpeting is old in my house, so when the time comes, it's tile or hard wood flooring. My son remodeled the house next door. When they pulled up the carpeting, they found the most beautiful hardwood floor. He did sand it down, and restain it. It looks great. The only carpeting he has in his house now is the living room. Anyway, I can't wait to see your pics.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #30  

Hi Girls

Noelle I just want to hold that baby! She is a total doll. Sounds like a good happy baby too. I can't believe the stuff they have now too for babies. I mean I would just hold the wipes in my hands for a second to warm them up. Enjoy your weekend with your sweetie.

Angie WAY TO GO GIRL! Since you Noelle and Kempy have done so well with weight watchers I just might have to look into to it. I have about 25 pounds I want to get rid of. I know you mentioned Dottie's site. I have been there and I like it, alot of weight watcher info. I am just trying to determine if I have the patience to find points for everything I eat? Congrats to your daughter!

Cal I am glad that kids are behaving. I hope that keeps up until next summer. I bet the tile job will look just beautiful when finished.

CW nice to see you. I can not believe all the stuff I have in my house too. I have a hard time throwing things out because I am so sentimental.

Well I did 32 minutes on the treadmill. Haha....not 30 but 32! I count every second. But it went by pretty fast because I was watching tv. I did give into a brownie tonight. I went and got my haircut yesterday. It looks pretty good, she didn't take much off. Can you all believe what haircuts cost these days, I was late too (traffic) so I didn't get my scalp massage, and I was so looking foward to that but due to dh not getting home in time and traffic I couldn't get one. We took a ride to a smaller town near us today and walk around and went to some shops. Tomorrow I want to get some healthy grocercies in the house to eat for the week.
Time to get ready for bed! Well enjoy the rest of your weekends.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote