Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #46  
Losing it!

Linda, LOVE the new pic! Gorgeous! Great job maintaining, considering all that heavy duty birthday celebrating!

Suzy, the doctor will be amazed even if you don't hit goal. YOUR DOING GREAT!

I just ate a package of rolos...chocolate, caramel, heaven.....can you tell I'm PMSing????
Old 08-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #47  

Linda-Your picture is gorgeous!

Janice-I've been know to eat all night long, too. I am trying now to just eat apples at night, along with my famous ff/sf fudgsicles.

Gayle-Yum! Rolos! mmmmm.....

Suzy-Don't fret too much about the dr.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #48  
Janice

Thank you all for sharing your bingeing stories with me. It made me feel better.
Shelley I will try the apples maybe the extra fibre will help. I already eat the FF fudgesicles, but I am getting sick of them.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #49  
In it for life!

Got a question for all you oh great wise ladies! It's kind of a personal question. But here goes....do any of you suffer with constipation since you've been on a diet? I've tried all that I know to try and I still have problems. Even took that Benefiber stuff, eat wheat toast, drink enough water to float The Love Boat. Still, nothing works! Any suggestions?!

Thank you all for the nice words about my picture. Really helps my ego. I was having a good hair day so I knew I'd better take that picture then. I tried to send a before and after picture but they were too big. Have to figure out how to re-size them.

Suzy ~ I'm sure the doctor will be thrilled with the weight you have lost already. I do understand about the wanting to be at goal part. I can't wait until I am there and can go back to my doctor and show him. He didn't think people could loose this kind of weight on Weight Watchers.

OMG, I haven't eaten a Rolos in .... I can't tell you when! I think my taste buds would go into shock and I would get lock jaw! They sound heavenly though! I did take a bite of my daughter's Snickers bar the other day. I chewed really slow and made it last way longer than normal people would! Gotta get my thrills where I can.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #50  

Janice, feel the binging thing! I've done badly this whole week--I'm PMSing really bad. Not only am I eating everything in sight, I've blown off the gym two nights! I weighed this morning to see how much damage I've done and it's PRETTY BAD!!! I am definately getting back on track today--NO MORE EATING OUT!

Linda, yup, I've been clogged a couple of times since starting this diet. When I get that way, I eat a whole can of butter beans for supper I cook them with lemon pepper and cook all the juice off of 'em and they're pretty good. I also keep a box of raisin bran at work.

Hope it gets better for all of us.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #51  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks everyone...I'm not so much upset with my weight as I am with myself for the way I have been eating. I really need to get a grip on things (other than the ice cream scoop)! I'm sure it is stress related, we're having some financial problems and Travis is getting ready to go back to Iraq, so what better way to cope than to eat everything in sight?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #52  
In it for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyMc
Thanks everyone...I'm not so much upset with my weight as I am with myself for the way I have been eating. I really need to get a grip on things (other than the ice cream scoop)! I'm sure it is stress related, we're having some financial problems and Travis is getting ready to go back to Iraq, so what better way to cope than to eat everything in sight?
Suzy ... here's a for you. I know all about financial things. Ugh. My daughter starting back to school is killing me. Between new clothes/shoes, school supplies and fees, I'm BROKE as broke can be. Really depressing and scary.
~~~~~
Butter beans? I love those! I might have to try them. Tried the bran cereal. Didn't do a thing for me.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I have the same problem, I have been eating cereal with more fiber in it and that helps me. I add lots of blueberries or raspberries to the cereal as some of it tastes rather bland. The berries help.

Things here are hectic, but that is normal around here. Electrician coming today, to do the wiring for the jacuzzi tub. Also going to see if he can fix another problem we have with the electric.

Suzy, you knowyou and Travis are in my prayers. Remember, you can email me, instead of snacking anytime!! Remember the list!!
For those of you who don't know, Suzy and I wrote out lists of things to do, so when we want to snack, we check the list. Somethings are things that get done once and are done, other things are things we do over and over. I have things like clean out junk drawer in kitchen, clean out cabinet in kitchen and then there are things like take garbage out to dumpster, mop kitchen floor. I have things like write a letter to someone on my list. Anything to keep me busy for five to ten minutes, until the craving passes.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Hi All.

Well let me start by giving you sme GOOD news. Little (not) Wyatt is finished with the operation. It was longer then thy had thought. The doctor had to break his bone to get the bladder back inside. He was in surgery 7hrs and 26 min. The parents were a wreck !!! They were, however. able to give him a bottle tonight of breast milk but are not allowed to hold him. He is in a cast from his waist to his toes. They thought he would have to be in ICU til next Thursday, but the doctors say if he continues at the rate he is, they might move him to step down Sunday. THANK YOU ALL for your prayers and support.

Went to my daughters baby shower yesterday, did real well with the food, had a small piece of grilled chicken, some fresh fruit, a salad and some green beens. I love cake and yet I only took a small bite from my grandaughters piece. I was so happy I made it.

Now for the bad day!!! I have binged all day. I think I was on pins and needles waiting to hear about Wyatt. The operation didn't get over til mid-night my time so no-one called til 7:30 tonight. Everyone thought someone else had called me. I didn't want to call my sister incase it was bad news. I hate bad news.

i want you to all lmow that 4 yrs ago I reached my goal and went off WW and gained it all back plus 30 lbs. We all need to stay on track....it's so hard the second time.

Thanks again for the prayers,
Monica
Old 08-12-2006, 07:56 AM   #55  

Monica-That is wonderful news about Wyatt. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Suzy-I can't imagine how hard it is to see your child go overseas. I am right there with you on the financial problems, though. I live them day in and day out. Yesterday I worked a 12 hr day for the first time. Well, actually 11 hrs, but who's counting? After that, we went to synogogue to celebrate my parent's 65th anniversary. They had a beautiful spread after services. They also celebrated Mike's and my 19th, which is actually today. We've been together 29. Too long with one person, don't you think?

Linda-With my ulcerative colitis, I am never constipated. Just the opposite. Actually, I think right now I am beginning a flareup because things are starting to go straight through me, which is okay because I enjoy the weight loss when it happens.

Janice-When I get sick of the ff/sf fudgsicles, I add the sf creamsicles to the mix. They are good once in awhile with fewer calories than the fudge ones. Also, have you tried the Phillyswirl 10 calorie popsicles? I buy a huge box at Sam's. They are very good.

Cheryl-You are doing great on the exercise thread. It will help to counteract the eating, I'm sure.

Everyone have a good day, I'm off for a bike ride.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #56  
Losing it!

HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MIKE & SHELLEY! MAY THE TWO OF YOU HAVE MANY MORE YEARS OF WEDDED BLISS!

Love, Gayle & family
Old 08-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #57  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy anniversary Shelley and Mike! I wish you many more happy years together!

Monica ~ I'm so happy to hear that the surgery went well and that Wyatt is now recovering! That's wonderful news!

Debbi ~ I think that is why I'm so upset with myself...I KNOW what I should be doing (the things on my list), but I just haven't been doing it. I know I don't want to go back to where I was a year ago, so why am I letting myself do this?
Old 08-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

HAPPY 29th.SHELLEY !!!!!!!!

Linda - What a GREAT picture....you look so happy, and it shows !!!

Janice - Have you tried Pistachio Fluff....it's my salvation. To make use 1 sm sugar free pistachio jello, a can of pineapple (crushed, no sugar added) and a medium container of fat free cool whip. Put all in a large bowl, mix jello and pinapple first, then add cool whip that is semi soft. It's yummy.

Suzy- My prayers to you and Travis. I will pray for his safe return. When we are under stress we all do things that are not are norm. I am a nervous eater so I feel for what you are doing. It will get better soon.

Lynneye - How's the remolding going? I'm waiting to see a new picture of you in that jacuzzi !!!

Have a GREAT DAY ALL ! The heat wave left Michigan, turned off air and have had windows open for 2 days. Think I'll go pull weeds and maybe plant a few mums, but have to cut grass first. Good thing I don't have to work. YEA !!!!!!

Monica
Old 08-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Happy 29th Shelley and Mike!

Suzy, wish I had the magic words to say to you to help. I know there are days, I have no trouble eating well and other days, I can't stop eating junk!

Monica, so happy things went well for Wyatt. How soon before he can come home? Also happy the heat wave has left you, it left here too. I actually slept with the windows open and a blanket last night, felt wonderful!

Linda, any dancing this weekend? Love the new pic also!

Janice, I love the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. They are my favorite treat!

Remodeling continues here in the bathroom. We should begin to see some progress this week. We are still tearing out and shopping. I think we finished most of the shopping last night. We only have to get the tile for walls and floor, but we have picked it out. Can't wait to have a nice bathroom and I am dreaming of that first bath in the jacuzzi!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-13-2006, 11:58 AM   #60  

Monica-That pistachio fluff sounds dangerous for me. I would eat the whole container. How much do you allow yourself at a time? I'm not sure whether to try it or not. Is it tempting for you?

Where's dear Dee????? Gayle, do you know?
Closed Thread