Old 08-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #91  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristi - I will keep the picture up. I love looking at Gaby - she is so sweet. I don't like her picking up naughty words from the older girls - have to keep them apart - I guess- until the girls can mind. *sigh* Hope you are feeling better!!!
I heard from an old friend last night! That was nice - he lives in eastern oregon, he broke my heart 6 years ago.
I did horrid on my eating today! I had a salad and albacore but also a bag of mini pretzels - ick..so much salt. I feel so fat.
I have TOM too Bep!! I was craving chocolate last night - instead I had a beer ,,,,,,lol .....

anyway...........I think I will head out now....chat tomorrow.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #92  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I plead the 5th on my eating for the rest of the day.

I gotta shape up! I am going to get no where like this! Well...no where but fatter!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #93  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default good morning

well im off work today woohooo, have to get rested up for the crazy weekend. this is the first year that tennessee has had no tax weekend for back to school. it is going to be crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. so far this week i havent made it to the gym.......but ive been lifting cases of shoes everyday and getting shoe boxes in to the wall........running around the sales floor like a chicken with its head cut off so i think that is considered some type of exercise.... ive done pretty well with my eating, but i did make a chocolate cake last night just because .........the good thing about that is theres 5 other people in this family to help me eat it ........
ok i gotta get off here have to to get one of the dd to the eye dr.
hugs
shawna
chickiemama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #94  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

Do we need to put our cow pictures up again??? I had a McMuffin again this morning. I woke feeling horrid - managed to get dressed and out the door on time though.

Feel fat, look fat say Moo on command. lol

chat later!!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #95  
RosieKate

Default Good Morning!

I have an exciting morning of housecleaning ahead of me, so I thought I'd procrastinate a little and come play with my friends in kindergarten!

Weightwise I keep bouncing around between 188 and 190 this week. I'm really trying hard to watch it - it is hard because we discovered the Hershey's brownie mix from Costco is REALLY good - think it's triple fudge chunk or something gawdawful like that. What was I thinking? Fortunately, the mix is bagged up in individual batches, so I haven't had too many lying around to tempt me. I baked up some for our neighborhood National Night out potluck. I think I'll keep the rest around, in the bag, for potluck purposes, kid's playdates, etc. On the good side, the same trip to Costco yielded lots of fresh produce and many other healthy items...so I'll eat on those.

Susan - Love the pic of Gaby - she is growing up so fast. Did you make it to the Insight meeting last night? I go on the 16th - just thought I'd get a sneak preview from you if you went.

Cristina - I am enjoying the process of making this stole...very relaxing. I like that Lace Leaf shawl, too. I made the Flower Basket, which is similar. It is easier than it looks and a quick knit, believe it or not. I ordered some more yarn (just what I need - not)...had to, of course - it was on sale, lol! I have a question for you - I think I recall you and V painting one of your room a very pretty green color. If you can recall the brand and number, could you pass that along to me? I am going nuts trying to decide on a paint color for our new bedroom. I have a view of our nice lush, green backyard, and I am now thinking I would like to find a nice green color for the walls to harmonize with the outdoors. We have looked at an array of earthtones - they all look like poop. I am looking at a palette of pumpkin colors, which could work and the adjacent rooms are similar in shade...ugh. If I stare at anything too long, it all looks like crap -

Sue - love the pics of the house - it's really coming along, isn't it? I like your bay window....and your lovely wooded lot. You and your DH are really going to like it there.

Bep - hang in there. TOM is the worst, isn't it. Just keep drinking lots of water and try get some exercise. I find that helps with cravings... at least a little. Other times, I just give in and say "tomorrow is another day"

Shawna - good luck with the tax free day. Sounds like you will be very busy - but it will be good for business, that's for sure. OR has no sales tax, and believe me people like it that way. Course it does make it hard to fund the schools when the economy tanks...guess that's just what we have to live with.

Susan/NYC - the countdown begins...you will have a great adventure..wish I had done more of that kind of thing when I was younger..but I went straight from college into grad school and I was/am married to a homebody, so that was that. Enjoy!

My garden is kicking in...I have been eating lots of cucumbers, green beans and I dug up some new potatoes. I re-buried the tubers and expect to have bushels of taters this fall. More green beans are on the way as well as eggplant and tomatoes - yum! This is the real reason why my house is such a mess - I keep playing in my garden! Then, of course, there is the knitting... and I have to keep up on all the Big Brother feed watchers - guilty pleasure, I admit.

Hope all is well where you are
Old 08-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #96  

Morning

Put me on the list for bad eating. I like to blame the fact that I can't control what we have for dinner which is usually not so healthy...but the fact is...I don't HAVE to have those cookies afterwards but I do anyway. I think this is what is causing my lack of energy too. I could not for the life of me get up and out yesterday so I didn't got to jog, and this morning for some reason I onl;y managed about 2/3 of my normal work out , but in my defence I did walk a fair distance yesterday so at least I have not been sedentaty. I WILL RUN A FULL WORK OUT TOMORROW...anyway my mail goal this summer is just not to GAIN, I think I'll see real results once I'm working full time, have more of a say on food, and have to walk to anywhere I want to go

Katy - those vegatables sound wonderful, makes me wish I had a garden.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #97  
kitty Momo

Good afternoon!

I had a fiesta chicken salad from TJ - it was soooo good - 390 calories and I picked up a bag of raspberry shortbread cookies from the vending machine. I know - bad. I am TOM though and I crave sweets.....

Katy - No, I didn't manage the Insight yesterday. I needed to get home and see the older girls - Rach was having a melt down and her dad comes unglued. Maybe I can call and reschedule??? How is your housecleaning coming along?

Susan/NYC - do you listen to music while you run?? Maybe that would help -just a thought. I can't get motivated.....more shortbread cookies are calling my name. I just want to crawl under the desk and sleep. I am always so tired.

Shawna - I like that bw picture! Don't work too hard!

Where is Kathy and Michelle?? Sassy?? Cristi? Jules? better get.....
Old 08-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #98  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Howdy all! I am doing so much better on my eating today!

I found out this afternoon that a brother, his wife, and their 2 kids are coming here and staying the night. I have been scrambling around getting the house, guest room, and extra dinner stuff ready. They are always last minute, go with the flow kind of people. I am a total planner and like things perfect and planned when it comes to company. Thankfully, I love to have family visit, so I will take them even at no warning, but it sure would have been nice for a 'heads-up' like yesterday or something! Oh well...I am ready for them now! Bring it on! LOL!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #99  
kitty Momo

psssst, doesn't he have the sweetest smile?? The infamous Maintenance Man that I have had a school girl (hey!! I am in kindergarten!! - lol ) crush on for the last 3 years........................ick, how pathetic is THAT????? - haha....
anyway - they had a going away at a local pub last night - I didn't go but some lady co worker did who knows about my hopeless crush - she took out her cell phone and snapped some pictures for me.

Ate a McMuffin again......Gaby is going to the beach for the day with the sitter.

ugh.......so thirsty!! chat later......and yes...I will take the pic down of the MM later on- not going to sit here thinking he is mine ....lol .....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-04-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:08 PM   #100  
RosieKate

ok- got the house cleaned - yay! Today I pay some bills and make phone calls. I'm going to take Leigh to the library, and we are going to go to James' computer camp to watch all their presentations later. The day is moving right along!

SuzyQ - MM man is a cutie...

Bep - have fun with your brother...

Scuzin - hope you can get your workout in today...
Hi to everyone else!

I made it to the interval class this am. It felt good to lift all those weights. My knees are still a bit touchy so I don't do jumping jacks or other hopping, so I look like an old lady trying to get my way through this class. It is still a great workout - so who cares what I look like.....right?

onward.....
Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #101  

Quick note before I run...taking the next 3 days off...going to the beach for the weekend!!! Hope you are all well. See you monday
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #102  
kitty Momo

*sigh* isn't he dreamy?? He is just a good guy. He has been going to camp for 26 years - he has no kids, never married.....whistles a lot...lol yikes....drank 25 oz's of water - what a pain - chat later.....
Old 08-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #103  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies!

SUSAN/NYC...enjoy your weekend! I so miss the beach!

SUZYQ...yes the MM is a cutie! So why haven't you guys gone out or something? Is Rachel doing okay today? I think I had a melt down too!

BEP...enjoy your company!

KATY...mmmmm, brownies! I will get the info on the paint for ya and post it tomorrow or either e-mail it to ya. I know the color is Green Bough but can't remember the brand. We also did a nice sage looking color in the bedroom that I like...not sure if I posted a pic of that one. I'll do that tomorrow also and see what color that is. It's a little lighter than the green in the living room. WTG on getting your exercise in! You know...I always worried about how I looked when exercising, now I don't care. All that matters is we get that exercise in.

SHAWNA...no tax weekend eh? Bet that makes for a very crazy shopping weekend! Hope you are enjoying your day off.

Hi JULES, KATHY, MICHELLE, and everyone reading this!

I made it to It Figures this morning and also managed a 1.20 mile walk on the treadmill when I got home. It is still too hot to walk outside but I am planning on getting up at about 5:30 in the morning to go for my 3-mile walk. I've taken a long enough break and it's time to get back on track. I've set a goal for the month of August also and I am adding my miles back in my signature. Also, going to make a point of checking in here everyday. That seemed to help keep me on track in the past. Of course my excuse for not exercising has been this heat and the stress of Josh heading to Iraq. It's going to stay hot and there's nothing I can do about it. Can't do anything about Josh going to Iraq either so I just have to deal with it and do the best I can. But definitely stop using both as an excuse to not exercise. He leaves Sunday Was supposed to be in Kuwait for a month, then it was 2 weeks and now today they just told them they will be there 12 days and then they are flying off to Iraq. Anyway...that's about all I have.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #104  
kitty Momo

I would be on pins and needles with Josh Cristi! MM hasn't asked and I am too fragil to be rejected - lol He is just a sweet man.

Had a greek salad w/ tuna for lunch. SOOOOO ready for the weekend.

Chat later
Old 08-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #105  
RosieKate

Cristina - My heart goes out to you and your family - don't know how well I would hold up in your situation. Josh is in my prayers..I always pray for a quick resolution for Iraq and for the brave men and women who go there.

on another subject, if you can get the numbers and brands for both greens, I would just love that...I am looking at all kinds of green right now and it's hard when there are so many!

I am on pins and needles..MIL's SO went to the ER this afternoon and I'm very worried. He has had a history of heart attacks, quintuple bypass, diabetes, and his general denial and neglect of his health. He has been on medicinal maintenance for two years, meaning there's nothing they can do for him except hope he takes his meds and decides to follow the doc's recommendations for his lifestyle. DH was over at his mom's earlier in the week and said he didn't think he looked too good...

Please say a prayer and hope it's indigestion...

BBL chickies