3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #203. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/89315-weight-loss-chit-chat-203-a.html)

Marti 07-16-2006 12:45 PM

Weight Loss and Chit Chat #203.

Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies. :wave:

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement:high: on our weight loss struggles,:wl: and we also find time for some chitchatting!:gossip: So please, won't you join us ?

luckycharm 07-16-2006 02:12 PM

Happy Sunday everyone.

Angie where is your new job? I missed it somewhere. I am glad that your first day was a good one. Makes you not want to call in sick on Monday...:lol:

Marti glad that you had a good time with Jhanai. What grade is she going into when school starts? Does she start in August or September? My kids are thinking that we should go to the big city which is 50 minutes away from us to go shopping for new school stuff.

Jane hope that you are having a terrific weekend. You will have to tell DH that female goats actually don't stink. It is the males that have the bad odor. And a gentleman from a petting zoo told us that if you get them neutured then they don't smell that bad then. The grandchildren would have so much fun with a pet goat.

Jules hope that your day goes fast for you.

Sue how is your Sunday going?

We went to DH company BBQ last night. Had a really good time. Got home late so Cole and I had a sleep in. I think we will all just have a lazy day and enjoy the nice weather.

Chat later.
Kathy

Sassy_Chick 07-17-2006 05:48 AM

Hey Ladies.

Feeling okay today. Just really tired. I'm glad this was my "Friday" Now I'm off for 3 days! :D

Work is taking its toll on me.............Just a lot of drama again........I know there is drama at every workplace but I'm just glad I'm off for a few days! lol.

Will come back in later on today after I've gotten some sleep :tired: and respond to posts.

I hope you all are doing well! :hug:

Cafe Ole 07-17-2006 08:26 AM

Morning All!

Jamming already on a Monday - ugh!

I think I am destined to be in the 160's even though I don't want to be here! Ok I could try harder but it is soooooooo HOT HOT HOT!!! I just want to sit around & chill out.

My dd's got me addicted to a new nintendo game I play at night. They went to a party on Sat so I hit the Goodwills (yes you can find nice clothes there cheap!) and then on Sunday we did burgers on the grill & hit my sister's pool. This 95 degrees with a 103+ heat index is WOW

Ok I gotta get to this pile before the boss comes in!

Have a super day!!!

:hug:

jules1216 07-17-2006 08:46 AM

Kathy--the day went pretty fast--still lots to do.......boy if I still was on regular pay my OT check would have been nice--could have got ahead on some things...

Sassy--I love the three days off...didn't get it this weekend since I was in here two of the three getting caught up

Robin--DS's gf is the Tetris Queen!!!

Back to work, you would have thought that working the two extra days would have cleared my desk--I did get alot done without the phones ringing and the talkative co-workers...(one from my area, one from another that apparently doesn't have enough to do except to try to pry everyone for gossip--I am too busy to care about office gossip--what's she thinking!! and one that has to work with the psycho coworker that drove me nuts until they transferred her and now she's doing the same things in the new position to this girl.....I warned them--nobody listened to me--thought that I just didn't like her---well I don't after some of the things she has said and done--yelling at me was the last straw--I am not a yeller and I don't like to be yelled at--but the psycho has issues and doesn't like to work and is not as smart as she thinks she is--plays the giggling innocent part the male bosses fall for and let her get away with not doing her work and then giving it to others that already have enough to do and actually do do their jobs--she's 34 now and not that cute...come on guys think with your brains!!!

Maybe back later...

Jane 07-17-2006 10:48 AM

Good morning, ladies,

Angie - hope all is going well at the new job today. :crossed: Any more plays in your new future?

Marti - hey, I will do the challenge if you start it again. It's ridiculous for me to not do that, and I'm going to make it this time!

Sassy - so how's it going so far? I made a plan for the week, sort of based on WW Fast Track, but just a tad more do-able. I think every one of us here are serious at the same time about weight loss! YAY for your 3 days off! :cp:

Jules - omg, we had a gal like that at the last place I worked - she had the administrator so fooled! She'd be all girly and giggly around him, and he wasn't able to think with his brain, either. Amazing how she always got what she wanted. Guess he did, too, lol.

Kathy - it's been so hot here, that we've had to turn down outdoor invites, but the BBQ sounds like lots of fun. I just can't take the heat! I'd love to have a goat for the DGDs! They'd love a pony, but horses can be so expensive that we dropped that idea.

Robin - I used to play a video game featuring a fox called Crash Bandicoot. It was so fun, and I'd play it as long as I could - until one of the kids would complain about me hogging the game, lol. I wonder if something like that is still around? It was 105 here yesterday, and the heat index was even worse. Yuk.

Well, I had a relaxing weekend with the fam. We didn't really do much, but it's all good. My sister Mary Lou came over with her sweetie Sat. night, so that was fun. It's been too hot to have regular meals, so I've been eating salads a lot, and cantaloupe, too.

As I said to Sassy, I've made out my food lists for the week, following a version of WW fast track that has about 150 extra calories added. So it's between 1350-1400 calories a day, and chock full of healthy foods. I tried to include all the power foods from the Sonoma diet - strawberries, brocolli, nuts, whole grains, tomatoes, etc.

See ya later. :hug:

jules1216 07-17-2006 03:15 PM

Just got word that my DH's step-father passed away after a long and painful battle with cancer. The viewing is on Wednesday evening and the funeral is on Thursday morning. My DH is not going, DD wants to and can't talk to DS until tonight. It is a nine hour one way trip. My SIL doesn't know if she really wants to go and is trying to get in touch with her daughter. MIL wants to go but I don't want to be in the car with her for nine hours one way and I don't know if she will make a scene at the services or not. The step-father had and affair at 65 after 30 years of marriage with MIL's 45year old best friend and got her pregnant. It was a very nasty divorce and MIL and SIL and her DD have always trashed the new wife. The SIL has been asking me if I know if she and DH are getting anything or the kids are getting any $, MIL gets $100,000 from a life insurance policy that is written into the divorce. I hate drama!!!

Jane 07-17-2006 10:28 PM

Julie - I'm so very sorry for your loss. I take it DD was close to him? And DS as well? I'm also sorry for all the drama, Julie. This is the last thing you need right now. Please come here and vent anytime you need to, ok? :hug:

suetalks 07-17-2006 10:35 PM

Another quickie from here. Back on DH's laptop as my computer is trash..again. I really have to get it fixed, but have had NO time for anything. Have been ill today, which doesn't help..with all I need to do. Still feeling light headed and woozy for some reason.
I will check back when I am more perky..:)

Sassy_Chick 07-17-2006 10:37 PM

Happy HOTTTTTTTT Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I sweated out about 15 pounds while out and about today!!!!!! lol.

Okay so today I had Chinese. We went to a buffet -- not a good idea, but I think I did good. I got a LITTLE bit of everything (except the fried foods, I skipped those, well I did eat some Crab Rangoon, but that was it for the fried stuff!) I also found out that by eating Spicy foods, it does two things. It makes me SWEAT (even more than I already was) so that is another calorie burner, and it makes me not want to eat a bunch of it so I don't over eat!!!!! I think this is the best thing since sliced cheese for me! lollllllllllllllllllllll.

I plan on trying out my new Walking At Home DVD because its just too darn hot to walk outside!!!!!!!!!!!

Jules - So sorry to hear about your hubs Step father. I know drama always adds to an already bad situation. I hope it all goes smoothly as possible. :hug:

Have a Wonderful Night! I know I am, because I am NOT at work! WHOO-HOO! and I always have 3 days off. lol. I love it. It makes working longer hours worthwhile! lol.

If anybody is online and wants to chat, just PM me with your ID's! I have AIM, Yahoo and MSN.

Marti 07-17-2006 10:39 PM

Jules-- :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
You and your family are in my thoughts!

Jane 07-17-2006 10:46 PM

Sue - you just made 500 posts, you chatty little thing, lol. Hope you're feeling better. Sounds to me like you're preggers, lol.

Robin - just remember that the salt in the Chinese food will cause a temporary water gain, so don't let it make you crazy. :dizzy: Hopefully you'll wait a few days before you get on the scale! Enjoy your days off, hon.

I did very well at lunch today. I had the WW chicken sandwich at Applebee's and even tossed 1/2 of the bun. I couldn't remember when just Katie and I had lunch together by ourselves. She got a new outfit at Maurice's and then we went for groceries, and I stocked up on all kinds of healthful stuff. I feel good about this. :yes:

Have a good one, ladies!

da fat n da furious 07-17-2006 11:41 PM

Jules, Im sorry about your family's loss. Hope there isn't too much drama.

Sue, hope you are feeling better...

Jane, sounds like a good way to spend the weekend...hanging with the fam.

Robin...too funny about the video games...Im addicted to JT Blocks on yahoo games. When I stressed I go and play it,,,no thinking involved...just a mind numbing game.
I do value villiage too...I found the cutest pair of pants the other week there.

Marti,,,your DD is so pretty. She looks so much more grown from the last pics Ive seen of her.

Shel...I swear this weekend was the shortest weekend ever. We finally got Tanner's bed we had ordered way back in May...went and picked it up plus his mattress. That was an all day affair...arghhh Didn't get no painting done...
So my new job is feeling pretty good...the new codes and stuff have me a bit stressed,,,no biggy thou
Strange area of the city,,,its considered down town or city core. Our parking is in the residentual area. think...run down old homes,,apartments, and million dollar homes all within a block. Next door is a dry cleaners...and next to that is an adult store! arghhh kinda dirty around that area. Makes me know I won't want to be around there at night alone.
Have done awesome today with eating,,,very clean...and just finishing up my water. Did so bad last week, just need to get my act together.
well I should get to bed,,,having to get up super early now with this job.
later all

Sassy_Chick 07-18-2006 03:44 AM

Angelia and Jane Good Job Ladies on eating well! I started out okay but totally blew it at dinner! :( I ate breakfast wraps, okay not too bad, but I couldn't stop there! I finished hub's garlic bread and his lasanga!!!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGHHH!

I just was SOOOOOOOOOO hungry! I need to stock up on some healthy snacks to avoid that again!

Hope everybody is doing well!

jules1216 07-18-2006 07:57 AM

DS can't get off work (I really have too much to do but I want to go) DD & DS were very close to their grandfather--He was the one who called them faithfully once a week not MIL, DD says he and my mom are the only grandparents who bother to spell her name right (Teri Lynne) and he was the man my son looked up to while growing up. The divorce from MIL was hard but DD continued to go down for summer visits after the marriage to the new wife until she was 16 and had a job (and a boyfriend). DS went for one or two. DS loves the new wife better than MIL. DD and I say the heck with the drama we are going. Hopefully all parties will behave themselves. We leave tomorrow morning and will be back late Friday and probably sleep all day!!