Old 05-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #1  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Queens Sashaying to Solstice in the Summer Palace

Come one and come all Royal Personages (and you KNOW who you are!) Let your spirits be light and your journey pleasant as we saunter, slim and sashay towards the summer palace

Come in and make whatever kind of commitment you want. What will float your boat? What will enliven your days and bring you joy? Let's do it!

Avanti!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #2  

Smile Opening up the Summer Palace

Ahhhh! Here we are again in the summer palace. So happy to be back!

My commitment is to:

• Follow the Core program to the T
  • Do mind/body every day (meditation plus at least one of: yoga, tai chi, qi qong -- or Pilates if I ever manage to get started on it)
  • Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
  • At least 3 high-intensity aerobic sessions per week
  • 3 circuit training sessions
  • At least 7 fruit/veggie servings a day
  • Have some FUN every day

Another beautiful day here. Supposed to rain later and I hope it does Everything's pretty dry!

This morning I tossed the sheets in the washer to have that freshness to look forward to tonight. Then I sashayed over to the park and did a set of tai chi looking out over the water toward the east. Walked along the path around the harbour to the woods and ran on the trail. Then back home, hung out the sheets, put soup on, did a little yoga for stretching and showered. So far, so good!

Let's make this a good one!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #3  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Sash-ay-in' into the palace....looks great!

Am ready for a change...when is summer solstice...June 21ish? So far goals are:
1. Do something for myself each day.
2. Drink more water.
3. Start walking again.

Will add more when I know the length of time I'm a dealin' with!
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Ah, I find ye s baskin' here in the summer palace ... I am at work so can get on here easily, except I am falling asleep (waiting for a meeting), so again, I can't post much ... wanted to say congrats to Sword Bearer on her champion! Huzzah!

Yea, the solstice is on June 21.

My commitment is to continue with my daily intentional exercise "streak" ... I'm now journaling it in the diet land far far away. It is my 31st day, I believe ... maybe 32 ... I'd have to look at the journal. This is an unbroken "streak" of doing at least one INTENTIONAL workout (any length, intensity or type of exercise) each day ... I am now focusing on rehabing body after the running fiasco, not going to gym and focusing on a program of powerwalking (building up eventually, I hope, to a place where I can WALK a marathon), recumbent bike, strength training and Pilates, with options to use alternative workouts if I desire for variety, but lifestyle activities do not qualify, even though they are good exercise, this is a streak of INTENTIONAL exercise. I will see how long a streak I can build ... once I did this for a whole year.

I am also doing stealth challenges now and then ... now I really am falling asleep. See ye.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #5  
deleted2

I love the image of we queens enjoying a bright summer Solstice challenge. Makes me feel all festive imagining our banners flying on a light summer breeze!
I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing but with more enthusiasm--that's my plan anyway! I want to stop waiting till all conditions are perfect, I want to enjoy and accept my life no matter what's happening. [In other words, in spite of the extra 10+ pounds that still are on my frame I'm still Queen Eydie! ]
Old 05-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #6  

Smile Morning in the summer palace

We had a little rain here, finally, over night. Clearing up out there now, though, and everything has that freshly washed look. Had a little trouble sleeping last night for no known reason and then felt like I could have slept another hour or two this morning, but... here I am.

I feel like I'm starting to get a bit on top of things at work again. Or at least like it might be possible to get on top of things Ah, well, we soldier on.

Dark mood and stress have lifted a bit, found self thinking yesterday that I felt a bit more like myself.

All challenges were met yesterday, if we count singing around the house as fun. And I guess we do -- it's always a good sign when I start singing again. I've actually got a couple of voice lessons coming up, "sublet" from a friend who's going on vacation. I really want to sing in our art centre's choir in the fall, so I'm trying to learn to read music and do singing exercises.

Ceara, yep -- June 21st is the solstice, five weeks from this very day. I'm down for an 8 pound challenge, but secretly hoping for 10

Eydie, so happy to see you in the palace -- it IS nice, isn't it! You are, for sure, the same / goddess (in training or fully fledged) as always.

Amarantha, at least work's got that going for it -- the ability to get into the Palace. Isn't that the worst, sleepy and having to go to meeting? Ugh.

K, must get some stuff done and get over to the gym. Love to all, mentioned or un- Let's make this a good one!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:56 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Yea, E! I am seein' the image, too. My favorite vision o' the s was once when we were doin' 21-day challenges 'n I was seein' all o' us marchin' round the royal palace "block" ... dressed in Renaissance clothin' billowin' 'n swirlin' in the breeze, wavin' our royal banners, rollin' hoops down the sidewalk, blowin' bubbles, chattin' 'n sippin' tea from our royal water bottles whilst our royal neighbors on the block' waved to us in friendly greetin' 'n the royal orchestra accompanied us w' the sound o' violins ...

Somethin' like that ... anyhoo, I got in here today by dint o' just clickin' 'n attendin' to Old Dog and dressin' fer a quick shoppin' trip, so's I'd better go. My challenges all went well yesterday ... workin' more o' the workweek from h*ck tonight, so will rest this afternoon. Only a few more seriously difficult days on that work front to contend with.

Details o' my challenges are in the land far far journal ... kind o' borin' so's I won't go into 'em!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #8  

Ah, once again the peace and pleasantry of the summer palace. My plan, such as it is, is just to keep plugging away and trying to get it back together. I know I've not been successful much lately but I also KNOW I'd be in worse shape were it not for the Royals and my attempts to clutch onto the Royal Wagon.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:38 AM   #9  

Post Morning dawns again in the summer palace

A little tired. Yesterday I skipped the mind/body stuff and was stressed and having feed impulses. Coincidence? Will do M/B early today and try to get in a bit more through the day as well.

I've been Shanghaied into driving my mother to Ottawa for her 60th nursing school graduation reunion. 14-18 hours each way, meaning a five day trip with four of those days on the road Another sister is going -- she volunteered and then volunteered me. Because, of course, working from home -- I can get away any time My mother can't sit in one position for any length of time so we'll have to stop frequently. She won't fly, though, because she would need wheelchair service and is too proud.

So, for the sake of her pride, I'm coerced into taking five days of my life to spend mostly on the highway (interspersed with a couple of huge reunion celebrations where I know no one).

AND she and my sister will be perpetrating the idea that this is "fun" and a treat for us and I'll be made to feel like a bad daughter and a curmudgeon if I'm not enjoying myself. Goddess help me! I do NOT want to do this.

Nevertheless, since it appears that I am, I'm going to have to adjust my attitude. Feh.

Amarantha, that was my favorite image too! I actually searched back through the threads trying to find it to insert. Maybe I'll add it to our "Welcome" post -- it is lovely! It reminds me of some of the court who wandered, though

Anagram, "plugging away and trying to get it back together" is a worthy commitment. Where would we be if we didn't try?

K -- mind/body and a walk coming up. Let's take this day and do the best we can with it!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-18-2006 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:18 AM   #10  

Addendum: Did a set of tai chi and feel more chi-full already
Old 05-18-2006, 07:49 AM   #11  

Good Morning! Was just thinking I must start doing a little of my modest tai chi at home - and then I read your post. So 'twill do it sometime today. Two appointments today - both in the time the heavy downpour is scheduled to appear. Ah, well.

Could NOT shake the bad vibes/anxiety/etc again yesterday. Finally went to the cemetery, saw rainbow on way there, had a little chat w/dh and felt somewhat better. Am determined to shake these willies soon.

Did another Slimfast this a.m. (usually only on Mondays) as I'm calling today yet another "Fresh Start".

Ooh, Wood Nymph, we must think of a plan to make the five days more palatable for you. A sort of exercise plan for each stop, maybe? Meditation time (pretending to be asleep, of course) while you're not driving? But know the royal 'GUILT' you're feeling for not being more into it! Still feeling I SHOULD be going to family wedding in CA in a few weeks just as I felt for not going to f.w. in AR a few months ago. I know it's RIGHT FOR ME not to go but the little naggy thing is still there.

I picture our ships in the same mode - probably planted in my mind by earlier post. We are a somewhat merry band despite all the moods/downs/whate'ers we endureth.

Time to rolleth!
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:35 AM   #12  
the sword bearer

Saw the sun for a minute this morning...what is that great golden orb in the sky? My eyes!

Am growing mold between my toes...yup that's how much rain we've had. I HAVE to go out and plant some bulbs which have arrived...they are determined to live and are sending up green shoots in their little packages.

So am off...this cold is yucky...my nose and goopy chest sound awful...time for "veetamins". You gotta say that right you know. Did drink more water yesterday...prolly why my nose is running...shock...and walked. Actually might buy some food today...groceries you know. My hunter/gatherer instincts.

Nice to see you Eydie. Hang in there Anagram and Arabella...Frogger are you wandering over? And Empress A....you're doin' great. No time to visit far and away...mayhaps later.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Sword Bearer! Dinna mean ye all had to go to visit me in the land far far, just explainin' that's where I'm journalin' my streak, which is on its 33rd lovely day, with today being Pilates (done) and powerwalk with trainer (soon).

It IS hard to visit more than one site since we are all so busy. I'd love to be here with the queenlies each and every day but it takes so much time for me to get on since the server change and then when I get here I don't really give the kind o' support to each that I'd like because there's so much to say ... however, I am always here, in a way, and thinkin' o' ye all and will always return (if no one blows out the candle in the turret window)!

Wood Nymph, when I started to read your description o' the planned trip, I was struck by the word "SHANGAIED!" ... and even before I got to the part 'bout ye takin' yer mom to a reunion, I started picturin' the palace, a gleamin' sunny day in the royal neighborhood, greengrocers pushin' carts o' vegetables and fruit 'round the street, children rollin' hoops in the park, queens at their embroidery (or sumthin') ... faire Queen Wood Nymph readin' a novel in the south garden ... wait, a shadow looms ... 'tis pirates from Pentagonia (wherever that is) ... they sneak up behind our heroine and gently ('cause these are nonviolent pirates, avast) hold a hankerchief soaked with sweet lavender oil up to her faire nostrils, inducing a state o' deep euphoria and renderin' poor Wood Nymph helpless to resist their request to accompany her to their pirate ship, where they show her to a first class cabin and feed her a large and delicious meal, whereupon she falls into a deep sleep and when she wakes up, looks out the porthole and realizes the ship is far out to sea and she discerns that it is on a course for SHANGAI!!!! Upon hearin' her loud protests regarding this situation, the Pirate King and his lackeys, the Towel Boys, hasten to her cabin, where they assure her it is very nice in Shangai and she will have a great time visitin' there, whereupon, she requests reading material, a computer and her supper!

Anagram: Hang on to that wagon, Lass! Huzzah! You are doin' great!

K!!!! Hiya!

E!!! Ditto!!!

Froggie: Keep the faith! Good luck on your more-pleasant-job search!

To all, gotta go!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:29 AM   #14  
the sword bearer

Well today I just sound like a pack-a-day smoker! Things are breaking up!

Planted those poor little bulbs yesterday. Valliant little things. Hope they look cool....supposed to have big yellow and dark purple flowers...have no idea what they are...will have to look at the packages!

Have the usual brekkie with the parentals then I work at 1 pm I think until 6....have to check on that though. Anyhow...off for my walk now...gotta find more clothes. It is chilly out there again.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #15  

Smile Huzzah!

The Governor came through with a reprieve! In other words, my brother called my mom and said no way was she driving all that way (he knows she's not up to it!). He's using air miles to pay her way and half of my sisters. So, now, as long as they can arrange it, I'm off the hook! Huzzah!!!

Actually feeling a little under the weather today, but not too bad. Slept 9.5 hours, which is almost unheard-of for me. I like my eight but virtually never sleep more than that. My mood is pretty good, just feel a little low-energy and feel a bit "off." Walked over to the gym, did the circuits and a set of tai chi facing the harbour. Having a little trouble making self meditate, but will try harder.

Amarantha, your Shanghai scenario made that stress totally worth it! What fun! I keep rereading and enjoying. Thanks! Ahhhh... that lavender-induced euphoria

Anagram, I likewise enjoyed your suggestions! 'Tis true, we are a mainly merry bunch, whatever befalls. Because we are Valiant Royals! I'm beginning to think, though, that there is some malaise blanketing the realm. Anyway, it will go away again. Meantime, we soldier on!

Ceara, wonder what your bulbs are. They sound intriguing! Reminds me, I've still got daffs and tulips in the back of the fridge from last year that I must plunk into the earth... That darn cold seems to have lingered long! Glad to hear it's breaking up. Take very good care of your precious self

If any others doth lurk

Avanti!