3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #201 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/88350-weight-loss-chit-chat-201-a.html)

Jane 07-03-2006 08:21 AM

Weight Loss and Chit Chat #201

Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies. :wave:

We are a group of ladies that come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, :ebike: and we also find time for some chitchatting! :gossip: So please, won't you join us?

Jane 07-03-2006 08:24 AM

Good morning, ladies,

I just popped in to start a new thread, but can't stay. I've got to get cleaned up and go with Neal to his doctor's appointment, but I'll be back later. Have a good one! :hug:

Marti 07-03-2006 08:55 AM

A quick good morning to you all!! :wave:

We're heading out in an hour or so and I was getting ready to shut down the computer and I thought I would say hello and wish you all a Safe Fourth before I did.

James is bringing his laptop so I may check in late at night if I have the energy.

You all take care and I'll chat w/ya soon!!

Jane 07-03-2006 12:30 PM

Hi ladies,

Sassy - sorry to hear about your car. If it sounds like a motorcycle, my first thought was maybe it's the muffler, but I bet your DH would know if it was. Hopefully your friend can fix whatever it is, or sell you the van for payments.

Julie - yep, you're right, the kids will work it out. Good for you, not getting in the mix, lol. Hope you had a good night's rest, missy.

Sue - I have heel pain, too, and it's worse when I wear sandals or shoes w/o much cushioning. Sometimes I just have to wear the shoes that go with my outfit, lol.

Marti - have a safe trip, and have lots of fun!

Well, Neal doesn't have sleep apthnea. :cp: And the doc gave him some free samples for a med for his jerking. The med has no noticeable side effects, and isn't addictive and won't interfere with his high BP meds, so that's good.

It's so stinkin' hot here today! Temp is supposed to reach 96, and the heat index will be even worse. I'm staying in the house with my water bottle, lol.

Hope you're all staying cool. Chat at ya later! :hug:

Michelle 07-03-2006 12:46 PM

Marti . . . I hope you have a very safe and fun vacation! I can't wait for you to get back to hear about all the fun stuff you did!:hug:

Jane . . . We aren't doing much of anything this holiday weekend. My DD went to the beach with a friend on Saturday, and won't be home until Thursday evening. She called me yesterday and said they were having to wear jeans and sweatshirts because it was so cold! I told her I would take her weather any day, because we're still getting it in the 90s here. I just cannot take this heat, it makes me feel just awful and sick to my stomach at times.:( I'm so glad your DH's test went through fine. My DH has been tested for that before, and they wanted him to get a machine, but he said he wouldn't. He also is on meds for high blood pressure too. Our DHs sound like they have some things in common.:hug:

Well today we're just cleaning the house and then we may go get a bite out later. We also really need to get some groceries. Hope all of you have a wonderful day and I'll check back later.

Sassy . . . I forgot to mention that I'm so sorry to hear about your vehicle having troubles!:( The maintenance of vehicles can really bring a person down with the costs!:o

angiepants78 07-03-2006 01:09 PM

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi, I'm new to Jaded ladies. I like it here! lol Have a great 4th of july everyone.

Michelle 07-03-2006 01:17 PM

:wave: ANGIEPANTS:welcome3: to a wonderful group of ladies here! Look forward to getting to know you!!!;) :hug:

suetalks 07-03-2006 02:25 PM

Wow! Jane, you are right, it is HOT here. Way too hot for me. We went out for lunch then over to watch the guys brick the house for a few minutes. A few minutes was all I could take out there. I don't know how they work in that heat. Of course, they were all shirtless and tanned. hmmm.. :) (hey, I am old, but not too old to look and appreciate!)

I am waiting for feed back about yesterday's showing. I am already tired of all this...and it is listed for 6 months. Yikes!

DH is busy in the garage building the cabinets for the laundry room. They are looking real good. I have been trying to download more recent pictures to my photo page..but for some reason it keeps timing out.

Angiepants- Welcome to you and hope to get to know you.

Sassy- Sorry to hear about your car trouble. I hope it is something that can be fixed easily. I HATE car problems. Nothing worse! The strength training exercises for the feet and legs is so simple. Just stand behind a chair and use it for balance. Raise up on your tiptoes and hold for a second. Do it 15 times doing both legs at a time. After you get used to this stretch then try it standing on one at a time. Be sure to hold on to the chair! :) (You will feel your calf muscles really working)

Michelle- I also have trouble with the heat, I just can't stand it. It makes me feel sick too. Now after having melanoma I am told to NEVER be in the sun...so I just enjoy the a/c. If I go out I am so loaded with sunscreen and try to stay in the shade. ugh

Marti- I know you are gone..here's hoping you have a wonderful trip!

Jane- My heel pain is lessened by wearing my walking shoes..and who wants to wear those all the time? I love sandals, but they are the worst if they are real flat. I have one pair with a spongy sole and they help also. Glad Neal doesn't have apnea. Keep cool!

Julie- Sounds like your DD is getting settled. Then maybe you can get a rest. LOL. I'm like you, stay out of the kids squabbles. Even when they were young I stayed out of it unless someone started throwing punches. They are all good friends as adults, thank goodness.

Angie- Where are you? Good luck on getting ready for your new job.

Nothing much going on here today and tomorrow will be quiet also. Hope the rest of you are having a good day!

Bye for now.

da fat n da furious 07-03-2006 08:14 PM

Good Day all!
Marti have a wonderful trip,.....I figure your already gone but still sending you a good time vibe!
Jane, well that is great for Neal...and lets hope the meds kick in fast so he can get a proper nights sleep.
Angiepants,,,or I think I will call you Miss Angie...Or Angie Baby,,,ya since you are younger then me...kidding I won't do that to you...i spent most of my high school with everyone calling me that. Glad you showed up...and welcome.

Michelle...I spent the whole day inside at work and came outside and literally melted on the side walk...ARGHH sooo hot here. We had a freak rain/hail storm yesterday and then it was back to hot.

Sue, I find my shins hurt if I wear flats for too long,,,even flip flops ( used to say thongs but now that what people call their underwear that I didn't want you all thinking my feet hurt from wearing THAT type of thong) so I tend to wear raised sandles with a rubber cushion.

Shel well that just bites having something wrong with your GOOD vehicle. I hope it something minor without a big cost to repair.

A few more people at work know I have quit and again had some sad people kinda hanging around. Told a couple of my favorite customers, They joked they will have to get insurance from my new job just so they can talk with me on occassion..I thought that was sweet.

Hey Shel ,,,last night I told you I was going to bed right? ya right,,,I stayed up late painting the last part of the kitchen,,,I NOW have to go over it since I missed so many spots...lol can you tell I was tired and couldn't see?...lol

I did the most rediculous thing this morning,,,went to put my contacts in and my hands had soap under the nail,,,my eyes were burning for most of the day,,,I didn't wear the contacts,,,but geesh did I learn my lesson? I better have...ouch.
well Im going to go snuggle with Monte...just the two of at home...I figure this is what its going to be like in a few more years...just the two of us...
ps,,,we want to adopt this adorable lil dog,,hes 5 years old,,,thing is his name is Tanner....lol think he could learn a new name? Don't think our Tanner could...lol
better run...

Jane 07-03-2006 11:17 PM

I'm back, :D

Michelle - oh honey, I know just what you mean! The heat makes me sick. All of my DGDs are going to be in the parade tomorrow, but I'm still not going. I told Mary to take pictures, lol. Our July 4th parade is humongous! It goes on and on with politicians, etc.

Angiepants - yes, what shall we call you since there's already an Angie here, lol? I like Angiepants just fine, if that's ok with you. A big, hearty WELCOME to you. I see you've posted your bio, so I'll check it out in a few minutes. I'm so glad you decided to join us. :hug:

Sue - my oh my.... shirtless and tanned, huh? And you didn't call me? teehee I've got some spongy sandals, too, and today I even wore my Nikes for the support. Sheesh, getting older stinks, doesn't it?

Angie - I know that a lot of people will miss you like crazy when you leave your current job. You're that type of person. :yes: So, who's got the dog? Is it from the shelter, or what? Hahaha, I doubt you could get Tanner to answer to anything else, so better luck with the dog on that score.

Well ladies, I'm not doing very well with the food. :( At least the stuff I'm eating too much of is basically healthy stuff.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get the house spiffied up before I get on the computer, but I'll have time to post before we leave for my sister's. Have a good one, ok? :hug:

Sassy_Chick 07-04-2006 04:10 AM

Hi Ladies! :wave:

Well Good News! We got our car fixed! It was something really simple and well weird! lol. It was a loose spark plug! FIL and hub had never in their lives seen a spark plug come loose like that and work its way out on its own! :yikes:

But its tightened and works great! :cp: We are still looking into a new car though. Went looking today and I felt like Frosty the Snowman in Hawaii! :beach:

Sue thanks for the exercises, will have to try those, my dr gave me those exercises I told you about because my feet would hurt first thing when I got up. He said it was due to some ligament or something or another so that is why he had me do those exercises, because I would do them in bed before I got up. I still do them if I remember before I get out of bed and it helps. ;)

Angelia - Late night painting, eh? lol. Ouchie on the contacts! I've been there done that! I would have loved to have worn mine today only I can't since they are the pair I had back when I had pinkeye and I cannot for the life of me remember where my other pairs are! :doh:

I hope you all have a very safe and wonderful 4th of July (IF you celebrate). We seen all kinds of pretty fireworks tonight coming home!

luckycharm 07-04-2006 08:37 AM

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Angie I hope you had a fun July 1.

Hello to everyone. I had a very hectic 2 weeks at work as the boss was on vacation so I had to stay real late everyday and another guy and I had to do our job plus the bosses job. Good thing he is back today.

Must run

Kathy

da fat n da furious 07-04-2006 09:33 AM

Hey Kathy,,,even with being busy I hope you had a great July 1st too. We went to Sylvan Lake and hung out around my mom's place. There was barely any skeeters there,,,were as here its down right scary trying to be walking outside. Even with bug repellent.

Shel,,,thank goodness! Im so glad it was something small and wasn't going to clean out the bank account.
Ya I know,,,when I start something I keep going even if its not a good idea...I keep going. Now I have to repaint everything I painted...was so tired I couldn't see...and it shows...lol(Im calling that my first coat)

Jane, hope you have your house all spiffied up...and you enjoy your time with your sister.
off to work I go...

da fat n da furious 07-04-2006 09:37 AM

Fourth of July

Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July

:sunny: :flow1: :carrot:

Jane 07-04-2006 03:53 PM

Hi ladies,

Sassy - bet you're so happy that the trouble with your car was only a little spark plug. I have to say, I've never heard of that before, either. Weird! Neal and I sat out on the patio last night after it cooled off a bit, and we saw fireworks all around. Of course, there'll be lots more tonight.

Kathy - now you can relax since the boss is back, right? Or will him being there make it worse, lol. I've missed you around here, Kathy. :) Good to see you again. :)

Angie - my first thought as I was reading about you going to work today was, Awww, too bad she has to work on a holiday! Then I remembered, it's just another Tuesday for you, lol. There's something to be said for 1st coats of paint, lol. As least you can say you are determined, lol.

Marti - if you're reading this in SF, I hope you're having a good time. Now, go have some fun with James. And take lots of pictures to share. :yes:

Hope everyone else is doing fine, and having a good time. I got the house looking pretty good. We had a small storm pass through, and the temp dropped from 92 to 79. YES!! Just right for everyone's celebrations today.

Chat at you later. :hug: