Summer Ladies #1

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • New group coming over from the support thread - Fed up and starting today!
    Let's get to know each other so we can have some deep rooted support for each other!
    I will go first

Name: Sara
    SW: 273
    CW: 273
    GW: 160
    Favorite exercises (if you can call them favorite :P): Elliptical and I am starting aqua aerobics soon.
    I am watching my calories - trying to stick to around 1440-1550 a day. Use Fitday.com as my food diary.
    Currently a size 22/24 - can't wait to get to a 10/12!
    Recently divorced about a year ago, live with boyfriend in Cordova, TN (right outside of Memphis) Moved here about a year ago from Jacksonville, FL where I lived my whole life.
    Have been heavy my whole life - lowest weight as an adult was about 175.
    Have three kitties - One is 8, one 7 and a new kitten.

Looking forward to meeting you gals!

Sara
  • Well I am here. Hope the others will join in. I will tell a little about myself too.

Sheryl
    SW 272
    CW 272
    goal 175

I have had a problem most of my life. Have always had to battle since I was a teenager. It has been to hardest battle since I have been in my 40's. Now I am going to turn 50 next year, and I want it gone by then. I have almost a year and a half to go, and it will not be easy, but I am going to give it my best effort. My size right now is between a 20/22. I would just love to get to a 12 or 14, I would be happy with that size. My lowest weight as an adult was 160. It was wonderful to go to a clothing store, and be able to just try on regular sizes. I want to be able to do that again!

I was also born and raised in FL, moved to TN in 1992, lived there for 10 years, and moved to the country of Mexico for a year and a half, and now live in Southern Indiana. Have been here for two and a half years. I have two little dogs, and they are my children.
    Looking forward to meeting all of you too.
    Thanks,
  • Looks like it's me and you Sheryl!
    Anyone that wants to join in - feel free!!

This morning scale said 271 yay! I am going to start only weighing once a week though - I have to!
    Going canoeing this weekend - happy summer is here!

Sara
  • Hi Sara and Sheryl

I'd love to join you.
    My name is Leec
    HW 240
    CW 215
    Gw 150

I count calories and exercise 5x a week.
    I too have been heavy most of my life. In fact I can't even recall the last time I was in the 100's. I can't wait to get there.

I am married and have on 2.5 year old daughter.

Hope to get and give some much needed support!

Talk to you later
  • Welcome Leec!! We will do it!!!
  • Hi Leec,
    Welcome. Good to have you here, and glad you wanted to join in. We will do this together. I had a hard weekend. To much going on, but I did fairly well. I usually weigh on Mon., but went ahead and weighed on Sat. morning, and lost 1 lb. But that is alright, one is better than none!!
  • I definietly fell off the wagon this weekend, and I don't even have a wagon!
    I did horrible. The two lbs I had lost are right back. Here's to buckling down! I can't backslide!!

Sherly - 1lb is GREAT! Anything is awesome....just think when we get to 50 lbs lost....

Leec - how was your weekend?
  • Hi girls,

I had a great weekend! Spent some much needed time with hubby and daughter.
    Tomorrow is my official weigh in day so I'll have to see how well I actually did over the weekend.

Sheryl-WTG on the 1 pound loss. You're headed in the right direction.

Sara-Just pick yourself up and brush yourself off and climb back up on that wagon. You can do it.

Hope you are having a great day!
    Talk to you later
  • Leec,
    Hope you did well over the weekend, and glad you had a good one. It looks like you have a good start already, and that is great. Keep up the good work.

Sara, thanks, your right. You will do it too. I know that you can.

It is hard when you go places, and have things to attend. I am invited to a 4th of July party, and I am already worried, but I will do alright. I just hope there are some healthy choices. But I am going to try not to stress about it to much. Just try to stay on track til then.
    Stay strong. Have a great day!
  • Hey Sheryl - just load up on the veggie tray or eat something before you go so that you are full. I have a dinner party that weekend too and I think I am going to eat before I go so when I get there I just pick a few spoonfuls of the healthiest thing there and don't over do it.

Leec - I hope your scale makes you smile this morning!

Let's keep it up girls!!!
  • I think I'd like to join if that's alright.
    SW: 235
    CW: 235
    GW: 140
    Fav exercise: walking/aerobics

I have an eating prob. I just love to eat! LOL! Plus, I take medications that help pack on the pounds. I am getting a Y membership in a month or two and am very excited. I am trying to watch what I eat and stuff now, but once I get that membership, I'll be watching for sure. You gals seem like a great bucnch. I'm sure I'll get good support here! TTYL!
  • Hey Angela!!!
    Welcome
    We are so excited to have you. We all have each other so hopefully we can band together and get the lbs off together!!

Sara
  • me too
    sw 190
    cw185
    gw 140

I dont really exc i do some push ups and sit up's almost daily and walk alot but i want to get some video's that i can do at home i have been hearing alot about this turbo jam on this site im gonna look into that when i get paid this week BUT i deffinatly want to be 140 BY DEC 1st
  • Hey girls!

I am out of town working an event, so I have had limited net access...but taking a break - I thought sticking to my eating healhy regime would be hard out here, but I have been lucky! Park City Utah has a bunch of healthy type restaurants and I have been so lucky that my group has been ordering food from one of them! There was this wonderful shrimp steak and mashed potato dinner we were served and a dessert BUFFET but I traded my steak for other peoples shrimp and ate like 9 shrimp and a side salad. I stayed FAR away from the dessert table.
    Been grabbing bananas and honeydew slices when I can. I can't believe its been this easy out here.
    There isn't a scale out here, so I hope I am surprised when I get on it when I get back home Sunday night!

Girls - lets keep each other encouraged.

SHERYL - AWESOME JOB on the 3 lbs!!! Just when you think you aren't moving the scale - the next day it drops. Keep that excitement!!

Sara
  • And also WELCOME to Goddess!!! GLad to have you!