Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 168/165/135

Default What a great welcome!

Shelly, gdeann, Lynneye, SuzyMc, Deelite, Linda----thank you all for saying hey and being so nice to the new girl on the block. I'm reading Body For Life (again) and trying to get inspired. I do realize I need to make a decision to exercise, and not wait for motivation (which usually doesnt stay consistent anyway). Dealing with issues with DH...do I have to use "DH" when I'm not feeling like he's so "darling"? For me can the DH stand for something else like dumbass husband? Anyway, I won't stay on that. My daughters dance recital was last night. It was great, I'm so proud of her. She had decided to stop dancing and do competitive cheerleading so she tried out for and made it on this squad that competes nationally. I paid $150 for the choreographer and now (after the dance recital) she tells me she cant bear to quit dancing and she doesnt like cheering nearly as much. I feel like crap because I feel like I pushed her onto this cheer team and it isnt what she wants to do. If she quits cheering they will have to re-do the whole routine and stunt groups. Should I have her stick it out since she commited to do this? I need to make decision fast as they place orders this week for $75 cheer shoes and I need to cut my loses now if she's not gonna do this.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:14 AM   #32  
Losing it!

Welcome again Bella!! I wpuld be inclined to have her stick with the cheeleading 1 season. After that she could move on. Maybe then she will really "want" what she has"asked" for. My child is guilty of this countless times.
Good one on the DH!! my "dear" hubby has turned into "dumbass" several times! LOL!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I agree with sticking it out for the season. I know if I joined anything, my parents stressed the others on the team, would be losing something if I wasn't there. I had to stick it out for the season, maybe not join next year, that was my choice, but if I joined I was in for the year or season.
Also agree with the Dumbass!

My Mom was here this weekend, we went to a local flea market and had a great time. Walked a couple of miles around the flea market, too!!

What is everyone upto this week? I am working only Mon. and Thurs. so I really am hoping to get some more done in my new house.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #34  
Losing it!

Shelley, have a safe trip! Miss you already!

Lynneye, the flea market sounds fun. I like looking at old treasures and finding a use for them in my home. I will be working this week at the liquor store, mowing on my days off (we take care of 3 homes) and preparing for my mothers 80th birthday celebration on Sunday. IF (big IF!) I can get it finished, I am working on a shadow box for her with her baby gown and pair of shoes. The fabric is really starting to break down on the dress so I thought it was best to display in a case compared to being stuffed in a cedar chest. I want to find a baby pic of her, then add a mid-life pic and a recent pic to the display.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #35  

I'm here, just lurking around!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:06 PM   #36  
Janice

me too!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:14 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 168/165/135

Hmmm......this week is really busy. I work in home health full time and my caseload is way up. Kids have ballgames Mon and Thurs night. Tues night DD has cheerleading, I guess she is going to stick with it. I hope she stays motivated to do this because it is gonna be very expensive and time consuming. Weds is the only evening "free".
Old 06-13-2006, 12:32 AM   #38  
Losing it!

Bella, what kind of home health do you do? Just curious, I'm a Hospice volunteer plus I appreciated home health care so much when my mother came home from the hospital.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #39  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a fly by! Gotta get moving

chris
Old 06-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #40  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick post to let you all know that I'm still here! It's going to be a really crazy week. Tim is going to be out of town Friday, Saturday and Sunday and we have a lot to get done before he goes. I hope to catch up with you all soon!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #41  

Nice to see you popping by Suzy, Chris, Bella, Janice and Cheryl. When summer hits we all seem to get busy.

Shelley I hope that you are having a good time in Tampa. I know that the interstate is crazy to drive on. It always scared me when I was in Florida staying in St Pete's and driving to Orlando.

Gayle the shadow box sounds so special. I am sure that your mother will love it. Wow 80 years old. Not long ago you couldn't even imagine that she was going to reach that age. God gives us miracles and answers prayers.

Lynneye I love flea markets and garage sales. Spending time with your mom is precious. You are lucky to be able to enjoy time with her.

Jackie's kids are both ok now. Sean got out of the hospital yesterday. He has recovered. Jessica is shock up but doing great.

Gayle you asked about my friend Jackie. You have such a wonderful memory. She is holding her own. She has out lived her life expectancy. Her short term memory is not good and her long term has it's moments. She can do most things but has a hard time walking. Her balance is off so she uses a cane and occasionally a walker. She still is enjoying life. Thanks for asking.

Yesterday I talked to my good friend Sally, she is the one that lost her husband to cancer a few weeks ago. She said that she is doing better than she expected. She has her good days and bad days.

Today I got mad at myself. I am so frustrated not being able to do things around here like I would like to. Well my anger got me energy and I started sawing off big branches of an old lilac tree. I was just sweating by the time Larry came home for lunch but I was proud that I did most of the work. Larry wasn't impressed but hey I did it. Now I know that I am paying the price of increased pain in my back but at the moment the satisfaction that I have makes it all worth it.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #42  

Quote:
Larry wasn't impressed but hey I did it.
Men are never impressed by the things we do (and if they are they'd never admit it!), yet they expect a round of applause when they put their dirty plate in the sink.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:42 PM   #43  
Janice

I was a baddd girl. We had so many people helping with the pool this past week that I was constantly cooking and eating.
Weighed in this morning at WW and was up 3.6 lbs for the week. I have worked so hard to get the weight off that I am determined to get back on program. It is amazing how fast it comes back when you don't pay attention to what is going in your mouth. Pretty disgusted with myself today. I didn't gain anything and always had a loss for the eleven weeks. This was week five and WOW!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #44  
Janice

I meant week twelve not five.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #45  

Janice I am glad that you are honest with yourself. We can't live every week of our lives thinking that we aren't going to party with everyone. It just wouldn't be living, you would have felt cheated. Now that is the past this week you can make wiser choices and get back on track. Remember to drink lots of water this week. It will help you lose. And yes I know it sucks that it is a lot easier to gain than to lose but you have the right attitude girl!
Closed Thread