3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #195 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/86162-weight-loss-chit-chat-195-a.html)

Jane 06-05-2006 02:55 PM

Weight Loss and Chit Chat #195

Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies.

We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, :ebike: and we also find time for some chitchatting! :gossip: So please, won't you join us??

Jane 06-05-2006 03:16 PM

Hiya ladies,

Marti - I remember the feeling of buying a home for the first time. It was scary, but the feeling of freedom and pride was pretty cool. I liked being able to do what I wanted w/o having to ask a landlord, lol. I betcha Jhanai will like her iPod at least as much as I like mine, which is a boatload.

Michelle - oh brother, my MILs finances were a total mess when I took them over. She had Alzheimer's and we started getting calls from people she had sent deposit slips to in place of checks. I got it all straightened out, but she was very upset when Neal hid the checks. She had even sent 6 (yes, 6) years worth of payments to the Reader's Digest. We were still getting that magazine a couple of years after she died. Once your sister gets it all lined out, it will be ok.

I've spent the biggest part of the day finding a day that suits most of the family members for our big Christmas party. You wouldn't believe the number of phone calls I've made! Since we're going to use the church hall, it has to be reserved very early. Yikes, that was a time-consuming job, but I "got 'er done", lol.

I'm doing well with the food, etc, and hope you are, too. :yes:

Have a good one, and I'll see you on the flip side. :wave:

Michelle 06-05-2006 03:55 PM

JANE...I cannot even begin to think about Christmas right now! You sure are organized and right on the ball!;) My mom had a cell phone that she said she never signed a contract with and she said her time had ended, so she cancelled the phone. Well Sprint just sent a letter stating she cancelled before the ending date and she now owes $175 for an early cancellation fee. She just does not comprehend anything at all and it's so sad.:(

suetalks 06-05-2006 04:40 PM

Our weather is beautiful today. Sunny but breezy and not too hot/humid. We have all the windows open, so my clean house is even smelling nice and fresh.
The realtor couldn't stop by until Thurs. (due to us having carpets cleaned Wed. and me being gone tomorrow) So..I guess our house will be for sale starting Thurs.
Today I am being a bit lazy, but also finding little things to do. I cleaned another couple drawers and loaded things into my trunk to donate to charity. Hopefully I will walk this evening. I am doing great with everything else today.

Jane- 11 days, or even 3 weeks...I can only hope for a quick sale. At least I don't have pets to have to take when we leave the house for showings. We can actually leave any time. Just hope it doesn't become a hassle. Hey..there is a new Crate and Barrel at Keystone in Indy if you ever get up that way. (I was told it was there)

Robin- No, not icy steps. Just a klutzy old broad. The steps are carpeted and I just lost my footing and went down on my a....er, dignity.

Flady- Yes, but the big job is going to come from keeping the house clean. We live pretty relaxed and if we want to put our feet up we just do it. Not that we are slobs, but we eat in the great room if we want and are just comfortable. Not fussy! :) It should be an experience. We haven't moved since 1978.

Michelle- I am like you...Christmas..what the heck? Our Jane is sure organized! My mom is also starting to be a little confused at times. Luckily she lives with her younger sister who watches out for her. BUT...she is going to come live with us this Fall, which will be great. She and I get along and have lots of fun.

Check back in later ladies....

da fat n da furious 06-05-2006 09:23 PM

Robin, thats alot of kids! So glad your DD had a great time...Tanner's BF from 1 yrs old is a girl that we useed to live across the street from.

Jules,,,I much raither come do a night of ushering and then leave,,,without having to worry about all the other stuff I used to worry about. Yes I am another worrier...lol But this show Hair is sooo good. Glad I signed up for a couple of nights of ushering.

Michelle, Id get the worst migraines,,,and drug myself up with advil migrain,,,Id take 3 at a time. And sleep. So far I haven't even touched the camera..just so busy.

Jane,,sounds like you all had a great time. We will be doing the family thing next month with my youngest brothers birthday and my parents anniversary. Was suppose to go to Edmonton for a family friends 50th birthday but Monte and I are going to Victoria for the weekend.
You are so organized you scare me...lol

Marti,,I want one of them Ipods,,,was looking at one yesterday,,,the cheap one it was like $40. it hold 100 songs,,I was thinking WOW thats alot of songs,,,then the guy goes,,,well I have 6000. WHY would you need 6000 songs? Its not like I have alot of time so 100 songs would be perfect for me. Going to go get that lil Ipod,,,ya...OR I will make it my point thing! Thanks for the idea...lol

Sue,,,whimper...can you come clean my house....

Flady, Welcome to our group...you will find we are a chatty group,,,and very supportive. As Jane has said any friend of Ellis' is a friend of ours.

I woke yesterday with a sore throat...but today I woke with a full blown cold. My head is about 4 sizes bigger then it should be. I declined one job,,,the receptionist job was taken, and he wanted me to drive across the city to work at a job I don't know anything about. I know,,,Monte told me I should of given it a chance. But I just felt like there was 1 too many things wrong with the picture. Sure more money but...the stress of learning a new company is bad enough without having to learn a new job completely. Ya Im a suck. But I went on my lunch and faxed my resume to 3 other companies, and by the time I got home I had a call from one of them. So I will call in the morning.
Im going to head to bed now,,,take some nyquil ...

Jane 06-05-2006 10:37 PM

I'm back for a few minutes....

Michelle - will the phone co let your mom out of the contract because of her condition?

Sue - there's a Crate and Barrel in Indy?? (asks Jane, breathing heavily!!) I shouldn't have had that information, lol. Like you, I've been enjoying this glorious weather!

Angie - I think you did the right thing, passing on the job. Your gut instinct is best. :yes: How far away is Edmonton?

Robin - I forgot to tell you hello earlier. Sorry about that! Sounds like the luau was a blast. Hey, if you need family, I've got plenty, so you can be part of mine, ok?

Well, the Christmas party plans are at a standstill. Two of my sisters want it on different nights, and so I said they can figure it out. By the time they do, the hall probably will be booked. I'm staying out of it. :dizzy:

I don't know what I did to it, but my knee is messed up again! It will hurt like crazy then feel not too bad. Arghhh!!!

Toodles!

suetalks 06-05-2006 11:24 PM

I did get the walk in tonight..then blew it with food. So...tomorrow is another day.
Seems I say that alot.

Good night all.

suetalks 06-05-2006 11:27 PM

For Jane...

CRATE AND BARREL...
Fashion Mall at Keystone
8701 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240

(317) 818-9900

Now Open
Closed July 4th
Mon-Fri: 10 am - 9 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 9 pm
Sunday: 11 am - 6 pm

Jane 06-05-2006 11:29 PM

Bless you, Sue!! :D

Marti 06-06-2006 02:32 AM

Not feeling good at all today. Bleh!

Jane--Jhanai loves her IPod. She's wanting more music put on it, and I told her to save her money and she can...also to ask her grandparents for ITunes Music Cards for her birthday. Very organized you are to already start on your Christmas gathering. If the hall is something that needs booked way ahead of time, I think you're doing a great job in getting it taken care of. Time flys so quickly...here it's already June!

Michelle--Jhanai lives w/her dad. She didn't want to change schools and her dad lives only a couple blocks from her school so that is where she is living. I always tell her the door is always open if she decides she needs a change. Of coarse I don't blame her for not wanting to change schools. She's been w/these friends since first grade!

Sue--I was told that our weather is suppose to be nice tomorrow. I'm hoping. I'm ready for the sunshine again! What type of store is Crate & Barrel?? I've heard of it, but I don't think we have one around here. I have cheese and crackers on my mind!:dizzy:

Angie--Jhanai was wanting one of the cheaper Ipods to begin with. To save money she says. James wanted her to have the nicer one. She didn't complain. I might have to sit him down and talk to him about what it means to "save" money!:D I'm sorry you're feeling so badly. I feel terrible all due to TOM. Absolutely hate it when it hits me like this. Some months aren't so bad...this time....it's bad. UGH!

Hello to everyone else!! I'm truly sorry that I didn't get you in an individual if I missed your name. I'm too lazy and tired to go check the last post. I will get you next time. (you know who you are):hug:

Ok...couple more replys and I'm going to bed.

Night all!!

Sassy_Chick 06-06-2006 04:11 AM

Hi Ladies! Thanks once again for all the Warm Welcomes! Yes Ellis was very gracious and kind to me when I first arrived here and didn't quite feel like I belonged. She helped me "reach out" to people and now I'm totally addicted! At least this is more healthy than being addicted to fast food! lol.

Cafe Ole 06-06-2006 09:13 AM

Morning All!

Jane... thank you! you are so sweet :chockiss: I feel family is so important and it just confuses my brain when the actual folks in your family could care less - pretty sad.

OMG -- you are planning Christmas already??? Holy smokes! Now that is planning.

Sue... how is your knee doing any better? Now don't laugh beut both times I fell down stairs, I found out I was preggers LOL (sorry it's true though)

Angie... I have a 2MG Sansdisk MP3 -- LOVE IT!!! I can download ebooks and can have up to 1000 songs on there. So I can choose whether I want to jam on songs or chill listening to a book.

Oh I am soooooooooooo procratinating on my house cleaning. Too nice out, too many other things to do. I will wait until my dust bunnies complain (ok ok really I will do it after this weekend when we get home from camping). :D

Ok -- Is this the same Crate & Barrel? http://www.crateandbarrel.com/default.aspx

Sorry for those I missed! I will be back in a few to check back in :)

Marti 06-06-2006 11:14 AM

Good Morning Ladies--

Had a terrible time sleeping. Tossing and turning. Finally just got up! I'm beat!

FattLady--Sorry I didn't properly welcome you!! Glad to have you join us. Looking forward to getting to know more about you.

Robin--Nothing wrong w/procrastination when it comes to house cleaning!!:D I say leave it and enjoy your weather!!

Good Morning to the rest of you gals.

I have a headache. Should call in but there is no point in that. I need to save money and PTO time. So people at work will just have to suffer with me.:D :D

Ok...I'll check back in later

suetalks 06-06-2006 11:44 AM

Good morning! It is another beautiful sunny day here. I was relaxing with a cup of coffee and newspaper when I got company. BroIL and SisIL came to town and wanted to go see the house. DH was already over there, so I took them for a walk through. DH was sure surprised when we pulled up. Now I am back home and will need to get ready for my Dr. appointment soon. Ugh!
I will get groceries and do errands while I am in the "big city." LOL

So far so good food wise today. I found a great recipe for a grilled veg. salad and it reminded me of the Veggie Grill I had at Fridays. Since I am going to the grocery we will have that salad and chicken breasts for dinner. I am going to fix extra of the grilled veg. since I was told they re-heat easily and/or go great on cold salads. This afternoon George Forman and I will spend lots of time together grilling. :) Since the house is clean and laundry caught up I might as well cook.

Be back later for individuals....Have a wonderful day everyone.

Jane 06-06-2006 02:42 PM

Hello Ladies,

Marti - yep, the hall needs to be reserved early. Actually, the date we really wanted -Dec. 23rd- was already taken for a wedding. Aww, sorry you have a headache. Just keep thinking of the vacation you'll have soon in San Fran. That will cheer you. :hug:

FattLady - is there another name we could call you? I just hate to call someone fat. :( If you'd rather not use your real first name, maybe you could be "Fluffy" here at the Jaded Ladies? Just a thought. Ellis is a very wise woman. I had the pleasure of meeting her and 11 other mods in Philly last Sept. and we had such a good time. Again, I'm so glad to have you here.

Robin - yep, that's the right Crate and Barrel. I could spend hours in the store or website. I notice they have a baby/kid section online now. How fun! I do plan things early. I can't help it. When we moved into this house, I knew where every picture would hang, where the furniture would be placed, and what went into which drawer. As I packed, I'd write on the boxes, for example, "kitchen cabinet #4". Sure did make the move lots easier. But, like you, I procrastinate on cleaning when it's nice outside. You only live once, right?

Sue - I had a nice salad for lunch that included the regular stuff and then some chicken and walnuts. They're telling us to include nuts now, you know, and each 1 T. is a WW point, but adds so much goodness. Good luck at the Doc's.

Angie, Julie, Michelle, Mary Kate, Kim & Alex- how's it going?

Hello to anyone else I missed.

I went to Wally World today to get my pictures of the reunion done in the 1 hour machine. I left before they were ready, but goodness knows I'll be back there before long. Madison is my little buddy today, and she's napping right now. Storing up energy, lol.

The food, etc., is going great so far for me today. My knee is much better, so I'm going to try the Gazelle again today.

Have a good one,