Old 06-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #1  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Default Gettin' Together--June 2006

I can't believe it -- June is here! It's Howie's birthday, so I need to see if a thread's started for him over in the 100 pound club forum. He's reached his permanent age of 39. LOL

We have a steady, gentle rain falling. We really need it, so I won't begrudge the showers. Nicest thing is, the temps have fallen again and the air is fresh. Our neighbor's mock orange bushes are in full bloom, so between them, our climbing rose, and the deep purple petunias in our front window boxes, the air is sweet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zeph06-8 (Custom).JPG (34.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg frontyard-9 (Custom).JPG (39.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg fence-mock-orange-3 (Custom).jpg (46.6 KB, 9 views)
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

What gorgeous pics!! So glad to hear you are getting rain. We SO need it here in Florida! The brush fires are getting way out of control. Pretty soon though, with it being hurricane season, I'll be begging for the rain to STOP!

We had a medical emergency this week--check out my blog for more details.

Gonna go over to the 100 lb club thread and say Happy Birthday to Howie!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew, bout time I made my way to the June thread, eh? We've been doing these Gettin' Together threads for over a year now--started in March 2005. Seems kinda sparse lately...I hope we can keep em up! I really love having this close-knit group. I feel like I can share anything here (sometimes too much, I'm sure ).

Anyway...I had SUCH a craving for a big, greasy burger today. I even went and checked to see if there was a Hardee's nearby so we could get some Thickburgers (luckily, there isn't one within a 30-mile radius). Then I went to the Burger King site and checked their burgers and onion rings and stuff. I told Jeff that's what I wanted--we were all set to go to BK. Then I stopped. I told him we would just go grocery shopping instead. I bought some turkey burgers, some light wheat buns, and a package of reduced-fat bacon. I made FABULOUS burgers right here at home with bacon (25 cals a slice), reduced-fat cheese, red onion, lettuce, low-fat mayo, and just a smidge of honey mustard. Man, they were perfect, and without all the grease and trans-fats I would have had at a fast-food place. I did buy some commercial potato salad and macaroni salad at the deli, which are likely horrible, but we actually threw out the macaroni salad because it was quite "tangy" (too much vinegar maybe?). I'm just proud of my choice to eat at home instead of fast food

I weighed in at TOPS on Thursday night with a 1-pound weight loss after not having been there in a month. Considering all the crap I've been eating lately and haven really just gotten back on track THIS week, I was quite pleased with that result. Now to just keep up the good choices...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 PM   #4  
Howie6267's Honey

Hey, it's GREAT you went and got stuff for healthy burgers at home! I'm so proud of ya, Jill!

Jen, I'm so glad Alan is okay! I worry about both Howie and me when it comes to heart things; we're both chock full of family history and even though we're taking so much better care of ourselves than we used to, it's still scary.

Do we need to send a posse out for our missing ladies?

I shopped for some produce at Giant Eagle tonight. They have the most beautiful produce there. I got lots of good fruits and veggies, along with baby spinach and romain hearts. They're expensive, but gosh is it fine. We normally comparison shop (well, I do), but it was all so lovely I got carried away and bought it all there. We have 30-cents off per gallon at their Get-Go gas station thanks to my spending $52 tonight. LOL
Old 06-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #5  
Howie6267's Honey

You might enjoy this -- had a cool storm move through last night and I got to see a double rainbow.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #6  
Eating for two!

Kimberley, your pictures are always so perfect! We saw a double rainbow a few weeks ago right after a storm, but it was just the opposite--the fainter of the two was beneath the brighter one.

I'm a big dork--I consider rainbows to be good luck. The reason is that when I was leaving Jeff's house after the very first time I met him, I saw a rainbow on my way back to Va Beach from his place in MD. Then, when I was leaving his house after the first time we had had sex together, I saw one again Coincidences, I'm sure, but I like to think of them as a good sign in our relationship because, yeah, I'm dork like that
Old 06-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

Good morning fellow dorks! LOL I like rainbows too...

Jill I am SO PROUD of you for making good choices regarding fast food!! Success is just a series of good choices with a few wrong ones here and there.

I wrote Marge a while back saying we missed her here. She said due to some personal stuff she's taking a break from posting on this thread. I do see she's still around though, because she posts other places. I don't know--did we offend her in some way?? I can't figure it out....

I saw in someone's sig here once upon a time a quote something like this: "Just because one egg in a dozen is broken doesn't mean you should break the other eleven." How profound is that!!

I'm headed to the gyn this afternoon for my colposcopy. What fun--NOT!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:19 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

Thanks for the support, guys! I have been sooooo wanting fast food this week--not sure what's up with that. I have been staying strong in that regard--I take a different route home from work just to avoid passing McD's--but I have still been eating too much, even if it is healthier foods. It's that darn time when I'm home alone still. Yesterday, I went for a walk when I got home, but I walked to Subway and came back with a 12" sub and 3 cookies It could have been worse...if I had walked in the opposite direction I would have hit a McD's and a Dairy Queen But like I said, still too much. I binged a bit in addition to the Subway (3 slices of cheese, about 3 servings of SunChips, a fudgesicle, and some pineapple chunks), and I had the last 2 pieces of pizza for breakfast, so I still had well over 3500 calories yesterday. Man, they add up fast

But, onward and downward...today will be a better day

I had written a message to Marge a while ago as well. I asked her if I or anyone here had said or done anything to offend or upset her, and she said no, that it was just her own personal issues. I do hope she gets things sorted out and returns to the group--after all, she started the group! But she deserves whatever time or space she needs to work things out...I just hope she knows she's missed

I've seen Aimee around a bit, too, and she seems to be doing well. Hopefully, she'll follow us to the new month's thread soon!

This weekend, Jeff and I will be staying with his cousins in MD. We're going up on Friday and coming home Sunday--it's gonna be a houseful! In addition to the 5 people who live there (Jeff's cousin, her husband, and their 3 sons), it will be me, Jeff, Jeff's mother, Jeff's grandmother, and his aunt and uncle from Georgia all staying there for the weekend. The oldest of the 3 sons is graduating high school, so that's the occasion--ceremony on Saturday and party on Sunday. Our job will be to sort of babysit the relatives who can't go to the ceremony I'm glad I can help out. I really like Jeff's cousin (Lisa, the one whose house it is we'll be staying in). She's the one who suggested I look at CSC's website for a job when I still lived in Va Beach, and that was the first job I had up here! She's slightly overweight, so we exchange diet tips and recipes and whatnot, and she's just very easy to talk to. Should be a good weekend, though not particularly restful
Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

Good morning ladies!

The colposcopy went well yesterday. I'll know the results of the biopsy in a week. The nurse practitioner who did the procedure said from outward appearances, things look good, but the biopsy will be a little more conclusive. I feel okay today, just a little crampy.

I was stressing so much yesterday, I thought I was going to have a binge. Thanks to a lot of prayer and support I was able to avoid the binge!

Jill, it takes so much practice to do the right thing! The more you do it the easier it will be. Pretty soon you'll be able to walk/drive by those temptations with no problem at all!!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #10  
Howie6267's Honey

*Yawn* We went to sleep around 11:00pm and got up at 8:30am...But now I'm running out of steam. Pthbttttth....

GREAT for you avoiding the binge, Jen. I know how easy it is to just let appetites rule you when the stresses come.

I meant to post, Saturday I was up again to 215. I keep losing and gaining the same three pounds. It's a little discouraging, but I have not been eating right consistently and have not been drinking my water like I should. We did well yesterday. It sure is easier when Howie is my conscience for a day. LOL
Old 06-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

I've been through that too Kimberley...it is soooo frustrating!!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #12  
Howie6267's Honey

Okay, day's done and we're back home. We drove to the town we used to live in and walked around there. It's this gorgeous little slice of New England right in central Ohio. We really enjoyed walking around and looking at all the gardens, getting ideas for ours.

We stopped for lunch at Subway then at a local ice cream place for dessert. They carry Dole Whip, a non-dairy soft-serve dessert with 20 calories per ounce, and it's goood stuff! We had the orange-vanilla swirl, which tastes like a Dreamsicle (or Creamsicle, depending on where you grew up). It was a big old cone, though...probably 320 calories. LOL

I'm lying in my hammock as I type this, wishing I had a pillow, but otherwise comfy and happy. The poor hammock's falling apart, but until it dumps my sorry butt on the ground, I'll use it.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #13  
Howie6267's Honey

Boy, that didn't take long...I heard and felt one rope twang and break. Then a little bit later, one up behind my head did the same. My butt was mere millimeters above the hammock frame. It was rather hard to climb back out, especially with my knees unstable and while carrying a notebook computer and a paperback (hey, I was prepared for an evening of vegging!).
Old 06-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

Sorry, I had to laugh with the mental image I had of you in the breaking down hammock! Hammocks sound nice, but at 300 lbs, not sure if it is a good idea or not....oh well, someday soon.

Well, it looks like we are running into some issues with the land where we want to build the house. Long story short--our housebuilding will probably be delayed for a couple of years. So....we are looking for an interim house--nothing too big or that needs alot of work, but something we can turn over in a couple of years.

We have a friend who is a realtor that is helping us with this. We were able to see a couple of houses on short notice because they were vacant. One was definitely by far better than the other! Right now it is a buyer's market in Florida, so we don't feel like we have to rush into anything, thank goodness! We can take our time and look for the best bargain.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #15  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415
Sorry, I had to laugh with the mental image I had of you in the breaking down hammock!
hehe...me too It just seemed too perfect, the mention of it breaking and then, lo and behold, it breaking

Yesterday was a FABULOUSLY on-plan day for me. I ended up with a bit under 1300 calories for the day I've got a plan in place for today as well, so now it's just sticking to it, which seems to be the hardest part

Jen--I know house-hunting can be frustrating, but I cannot WAIT to be able to do it! Of course, with prices as they are around here (talking in the ballpark of $300k for a 2-bedroom condo in a high-rise, 1000 square feet if you're lucky), I likely won't be buying a place till we move out of the area. They say the rapid increase in property value/home prices is over, but that prices still won't go down--just kinda plateau around where they are. Yuck. I still look at places online, though, but even if I find a place that costs about the same in mortgage payments as our current rent payments, you have to add to that another $300 or so in monthly condo association fees. Major bummer.

Busy day today--we have a meeting for work at a movie theater from 3:30-5:30 this afternoon, so I'll be home a little late. It's kinda cool that they rented a theater for it, but it sucks that I'll then have to drive home in the heat of rush hour rather than 3pm like usual. At least it will cut down on my home alone time before Jeff gets home, which means less opportunity for overeating