Old 06-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #16  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone... it's been so hot and muggy here I've been getting up early (before 5:30 a.m.) and leaving for my walk before the sun comes out full blast. I should--no! make that WILL BE leaving in a few minutes

We got some sad news earlier this week, my 45 y.o. cousin passed away in northern Cal. He was suffering from cancer and after his son just graduated from college in St. Louis, MO on May 20th which he attended, they went back home and he passed away 4 days later. This is the cousin that was diagnosed a year and a half ago, right about the time his dad (my uncle) passed away. It's so sad because he was so young, and I think he was "holding on" just to see his only son graduate. My parents and 2 of my sisters are leaving this morning to go to the funeral. I am staying back to watch the house and because my niece is graduating from high school on Sunday--finally. This is the niece that was hella rebellious a couple of years ago and guess what? She has decided (on her own) that instead of going to college right away, she wanted to join the HI National Guard to get tuition money that way. My first thoughts were "are you crazy? There's a war going on???".... then I said "She needs the discipline". So, that's what's going on here. Sorry to be so long winded, but I tend to ramble when I miss a day here.

Great job Angie, new scale or not, you are doing great! You and Jay are really sweet to be helping grandma like that--I hate bloodsucking relatives!

Claire, you will "get it", just like Angie said. One inch at a time is fine, just as long as you get yourself submerged eventually I have a cousin in Lubbock, (which is more northern right?). Haven't seen her in years though... Oh, and about the assistant on a diet too...maybe you can use that as motivation and start a little healthy competition?

cw, welcome back! We all have pity parties once in a while. But you know you can always come back here right? Heck, some people go away for months, then resurface again. We always welcome them back into the fold. Thanks for the info about the City and what they can do to help. That is so great about your friend adopting the 2 babies! It is heartbreaking to hear about people getting babies and then having to give them back because the bio-parent changed their minds.

Cal, 117 degrees? Ack!! You could warm up your garlic bread in those temps--no oven needed. Hope you get your laundry done and your bags packed. Vacation here you come!

Dips, I'm glad the almost-BF was not hurt in the accident. Hope he makes it up to you in a big way, if not, you know what to do

LadyT, CONGRATULATIONS on the new job I'm so excited for you! Good luck! I'm glad you got back on your doll of a horse too, got that hurdle over with. Have a great weekend.

Well, I have to end here and get on with my walk before I change my mind. Have a great weekend EVERYBODY
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #17  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Ladies!

So I got Niko Home and he seems to be his normal self. e has to wear that funnel-looking thingy on his head to keep him from licking himself. Other than that he's doing well. Still my buddy.

Noelle- Good job on staying motivated and getting that walk in! That's what it's all about! Moving and shaking baby I decided that I'm going to alter my morning route to work. I'm taking a different subway which will force me to walk an extra 10 blocks each morning. I wish your niece well. The service can do a lot of good but joining during wartime is tricky. It's a double edged sword. Just tell her to make sure she does her research and don't listen to a damn word those recruiters say because they get paid to lie to your face! So sorry about your cousin. It's always especially sad when the person is so young.

CW- Welcome back my dear. I'm glad to see you back and don't worry about a thing, we're going to get it going all over again! And I totally agree with you on the trust thing. A relationship can't survive without it. I'm not in love with him so I don't have that condition where I'm too dumb to see past bs. We've been together only a month and a half so we're still feeling eachother out. I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

Angie- Good job on the loss. I think ww is doing you all a whole lot of good. And how good you are for doing all that yardwork. I will live in APTs forever to avaoid all of that. I can't stand it!

Clairelinn- You know what? I don't think you're as jaded as you say. I wasn't so sure I belived his story about his accident. I asked for receipts Trust me I know that guys can be completely full of sh*t which is why I dumped him in the first place. He's trying to earn his place with me again. I have my eyes wide open though so don't you worry about me.

LadyT- Believe me I had those same exact thoughts about his sudden accident but I want to be fair before I get brutal so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I went out with a friend of mine last night and he met up with us. I told him that it was good to see him and that I would call him later but I want to hang out with my friend. He said he wanted to spend time with me and I told him I would see if I could get together next week. He seemed disappointed but he has to know that I'm not going to drop what 'm doing whenevr he decides to show up men...By the way, it's encouraging to hear from someone who supports my decision to neuter my dog. All I been hearing all week from my [male] co-wrokers was how cruel I was being to my pet and it really made me feel bad. I had mixed feelings about the whole thing which is why it took me so long but ultimately i decided to just do it. Niko is 16 months old. I really should have had it done a lot sooner. Anyways he seems okay.

Cal- 108 degrees I can't mess with that kind of heat, wet, dry, slightly damp or whatever. Heat is heat and I can't stand too much of it. When we had the first hot day in NY [about 85] I didn't go outside til the evening. But you'll be away from all that shortly. Have a blast on your trip!

Okay ladies, have to take care of my pup and give him his pain meds. Ciao!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/164/140

Hey Dips...telling us about your dog made me smile. I have seen those dogs with the cone thingys on their heads. It always cracks me up. I keep thinking that they must feel humiliated when their other doggie friends come around. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!
Claire
Clairelinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #19  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool waving hello....

Hi people. I haven't looked in here in a long time. Been incredibly busy with racing and whatnot. Looks like there's been a lot of action and new faces. Just glanced through the posts, see the talk of Dips boyfriend's accident. Of course he had an accident! You saw the car, right? Staged it? Well, if any guy would bother to stage an accident, he'd have to be pretty hung up on you! I have had my share of deceptions etc. but they don't affect me. I just laugh, wave goodbye, tell them I'm not interested in games and it's over. I really don't understand people who hang on and on and on. I guess I'm pretty cruel when it comes to cutting people (read stupid guys) off. Actually, I guess it's because I never had any expectations of guys anyhow. It could also be because I'm the flip one. The thing is though, I can't be wasting my time thinking what some guy is up to. You have fun, Dips! Cal, thanks for thinking of me. It was seeing your post and my name that got me in here. I have been riding. No matter how exhausted I am, I try to get out to the stable 3x/week. Yesterday though I was so tired that my mare was taking advantage of me and bucking more than usual in rebellion, not wanting to work. But we got some work done and I am just happy to be out there with her. I did cut it short though because it does no good to let her see her getting the upper hand, which she can do when I'm tired. She likes a strong but gentle rider and when you're tired you can't do the combination. Well, off to the track soon again. I'll try to catch up at some point. I am doing my crunches every day because of my 21-day challenge. I plan to start a program of self-improvement involving everything, especially what goes in my mouth. I have been dosing myself with caffeine and not eating healthful food and it shows awfully in my skin. Haven't been drinking much at all, though I had a few cans of the brew here at home last night and it gave me quite a buzz. Exhaustion will do that I guess. But, I am tired of the whole drinking scene. I have this desire to get really fit again and knock about 10 years off my looks. Right now I look my age....ugh...
Okay, ciao tutti. Take care!

Last edited by redballoon; 06-03-2006 at 06:45 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #20  

Happy Sunday, Everyone!
My morning started out pretty good. I exercised, fed the chickens and cows and went back to the house only to find that my husband was not happy with me. Long story...I will spare you the details. He decided to stay home from church...so I went alone. I am now at work. I honestly don't want to be here today. Personal issues can really screw up ones motivaton...if you know what I mean.
I am determined to make this a good day. I am praying that all of you have an incredibly blessed day!
I haven't bought a scale yet...so I guess that will need to happen soon so I can participate in the challenge.
Have a good one!
Claire
Old 06-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #21  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Sunday ladies. I am back from my walk...took a long one today, to counteract some of the eating I did yesterday. We took my niece and sister out to dinner at Buca di Bepo to celebrate her graduation, and for dessert ordered the dolce platter for 6 of us (there were HUGE slices of 1 each: dark chocolate cake, cheesecake, tiramisu and a mixed fresh berries lemon tar)....OMG, the pasta was great and I should have left it at that...but I had a couple of bites of each dessert. I AM WEIGHING IN ON TUESDAY...I know I have gained, but I will put it out there in writing for me and for all to see to get my butt back on track.

Claire, sorry hubby is upset but at least you got in your exercise and your spirit uplifted at church--both positive things....do you usually work on Sundays? Hope you two are back on the same page soon

Hi Red... glad to know you're still lurking around here.

Dips, all our dogs and cats are fixed around here. Men are just plain silly in that way--I guess they feel their own masculinity is threatened when you mention neutering? Did you know there is actually a product called "neuticles" which are prosthetic testicle implants for dogs??? Guess what? Invented by a MAN Go and google it. This kind of reminds me of truck nutz (you can google that too)

Off to grab a shower. Have a great Sunday ladies.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #22  

Oh my gosh, Noelle...you gotta be kidding on the neuticles. Only a guy would come up with that. What is with men and their manhoods...??? They honestly believe we care about that. Maybe there are some women out there that do...but geez...give me a loving man that thinks I am the queen of the world and I am a happy camper.

I still haven't heard from my husband. He usually calls several times a day. Like I said before, I am choosing to have a good day regardless. And, yes, I work on Sundays...from 12 to 6. My work week goes from Sat-Wed. You get used to it. The money you make (or can make) helps take the sting out of it.

Oh...as for the extra long walk to counteract your extra eating, Noelle...that's why I always order a "diet" coke to go with my Big Mac Combo Meal. It cancels out the extra calories.

Have a groovy afternoon!
Claire
Old 06-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #23  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys. Geesh I didnt even have enough time to post today. But I am here now. Yesterday the fence guy actually came and shortened the fence in the rain. WOOHOO for him. We liked the looks of it so much better without the privacy slats so we took them out on the neighbors side too. Now lets hope their company isnt always out there trying top pet the dogs.

Noelle, GREAT JOB on getting up early so you can get in your walks. I will have to start doing that right off when it really warms up here.

I am sorry to hear about your cousin passing. My thoughts are with your whole family.

Dips, Your vet kept poor Niko overnight? I bet he was happy to see you. My vets just do them and send them home....except for Candi, I made them keep her overnight because I was worried she would rip her stitches out. I missed her so bad that night. I bet he is getting extra spoiled this weekend huh? I can imagine all the crap you have been hearing about not neutering him too. We heard all that with every one of our animals. My daughters friends mom thinks we are nuts because we dont breed any of them. I wouldnt do that because there is NO way I could part with any of them.

Red, Hi

Claire, You dont need to do a weight for the challenge if you dont want to. You can just do your exercise minutes like in your ticker. I think that is a great guide too. Great Job on getting your exercise in first thing today!!! I hope you and your hubby work everything out today.

Noelle, You seriously are making my mouth water with that dessert! I am a sweets girl!! AWESOME JOB today!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #24  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

GOOD MORNING!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #25  
so close, yet so far...

Back at ya!

Off for a walk...be back later
Old 06-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #26  

Hello Everyone,

I have to comment on the neutering. It's a man thing. My husband does treat me like a queen, but when it came down to "getting fixed" he was such a baby and wouldn't do it. Needless to say, I had it done, and milked it for two weeks: no house work, he took care of the kids, cooked, everything. lol As far as the animals go, I think it's important unless your a professional breeder. I have an AKC pomeranian (toy), which I planned on breeding to make some money. When the time came, I researched and found that puppy birth is very hard on them and some of them die from it. I couldn't put her through that, and the thought of losing her, I had her fixed. She's so fragil, that she was sick for a week after her surgery. You know, the funny thing is, I was never an animal lover until I got her. She's my baby. I never thought I'd love an animal like that, but I guess everyone can fall in love with their animal. Oh yeah, and I also found out I can't show her now because she's not breedable.

I remember reading about a challenge, but I don't remember the details. Please fill me in again. Thanks.

I pray everyone has a blessed evening.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #27  

Hello Everyone...Happy Monday! It has been a Monday in it's truest form. Even so...good will be coming out of it.
I did not exercise this morning. I am debating on whether I should do it tonite. Might be good for a change.
On the challenge thing...I really do want to do it...just still afraid of that scale. Maybe it would be a good thing for me. I will let you know what I do.
Hope you all had an amazing day.
Claire
Old 06-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #28  
Burning Bright!

S/C/G: 235/232/130

Hello ladies!!! Happy Monday! How are all you gorgeous gals doing today? We had a beeeeeeeautiful weekend here! Hot and sunny! It was awesome. I took one of my younger cousins to a horse show on Sat, and we both forgot sunscreen and got burned faces. Oh well! I went out riding on Sun, which was good, Midnight was not quite so good this time, but I'll have to forgive him as he is cutting a tooth, and his mouth looked pretty ouchie!

Thanks for all your congrats and support on the new job, I am getting a little nervous as tomorrow is my first day...

I am getting frustrated with myself. I have been gaining and losing the same 3 damn pounds all month. I am good eating wise most days. I am getting at least 20 minutes of exercise a day. I guss maybe I am still to high on calories. *sigh* I'm trying hard to keep my chin up and not lose motivation... Hopefully I'll start seeing something change soon!

Angie - You are doing so AWESOME! WTG on another 3.5 lbs! I am so proud of you! BTW people who say negative things to you about spaying and neutering your pets are just plain ignorant. Tell them to take a stroll through the local animal shelter, and then explain why your dogs and cats need to be able to breed. Sorry... I'm probably preaching to the choir here but, honestly, people just don't get it!

Claire - Hope you and your hubby kiss and make up. My hubby and i have disagreements fairly frequently, but always seem to resolve them without lingering bitterness. Sometimes we won't speak for a few days though, it takes some people a long time to think things through. Good luck with the scale shopping!

Noelle - Good for you for resolving to weigh in this week, despite the fact that you think you have gained. I hope it gets you the motivation you are looking for! I have heard of neuticles. I used to work in the spay/neuter clinic at the shelter. We used to joke that send so many animals through that we are bound to find some at some point. They still hadn't when I quit though. I could just imagine the vet's face if she pulled a pair of rubber balls out of some dog!!

Red - Doncha just love when your horse decides they've had enough? Midnight is pretty funny. He loooooves to see me and get his pets, treats, and attention, but he's not so crazy about the work aspect of seeing me!

Dips - I'm glad Niko is OK. Trust me, he will prefer the cone on his head to an infected scrotum. I support the spay/neuter decision 100%! And I'm glad your giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes they do just screw up, and need a second chance. I hope he doesn't waste his, because he's got a good thing, too bad if he throws it away!

Cal - HAVE FUN!!! Have a wonderful trip!

cw - Good to see you again! Hop back on the wagon with us, we'll help you get there!

Alright ladies, I think I caught myself up! Enjoy the rest of your day!
LadyTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #29  
Burning Bright!

S/C/G: 235/232/130

LOL cw and Claire, I was typing my super long post, just as you tow posted your quick, to-the-point ones!

cw - I really think if the AKC wants to support the decrease of the pet overpopulation issue, they need to still allow spayed and neutered animals to be shown. Of course, I am pretty clearly biased!

Claire - Whether you do the challenge or not is up to you and your comfort level. I was thinking about it, but I don't thiunk it is for me right now. But on the future it may be just what I need! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
LadyTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #30  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi. I have to go get a walk in but I had a quick question for you guys who do weight watchers. Do you eat all of your flex points and activity points every week? If so how do you do it? Like what do you eat with them, a splurge meal that is fatty of what? That has been confusing me and I havent used any of them yet becuase I really dont get them. Thanks.