Old 07-03-2006, 08:27 AM   #166  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning Claire!! My husband and I have a wholesale bakery at our house so we have to work 6 days a week just to deliver the donuts and pastries to the convenience stores in our area. They dont want to hear about days off they just want their donuts everyday. We have been doing this for over 10 years and a few years ago we said to **** with it and bought an rv and decided that during the winter we are going to take 2 weeks off from work and go spend some quality time with our kids. I have a feeling this year they wont be happy about that but you know they can bite me. Right now in addition to our own business my husband is also working for his Mom at her bakery so he is just working nonstop. I hate it but he wants to get some major bills paid off this year and she really needs his help so he does it. So that is my story.

I am sorry to hear that the time apart hasnt helped much. I hope you guys get everything worked out.

Enjoy your day off!!! Jay worked it so I dont have to work today either but since he will be gone all day I am a little bored.

Well, I gotta go get a walk in. It is so hot already that I am dreading it.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #167  
Burning Bright!

S/C/G: 235/232/130

Default Just thought I'd pop in...

Hello lovely ladies!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Canada Day was on the 1st, so my hubby has the day off today for the stat. I only work Tues, Wed, Thurs right now, so I get 4 day weekends all the time. Must be nice, I know, I know!

Went for a 3+ hour trail ride yesterday with Midnight, my uncle and my cousin came with their horses too, and some friends of mine who ride came as well. It was only the 3rd time I have had him out on the trails, so he did really really well. We only had one tough spot. He had never crossed a bridge in his life, and ther were several on this trail (little wooden ones over creeks, and some deep ditches). Whe we hit the first one he balked pretty bad, reared, and then started backing as fast as he could. We were last in line, so there was no one behind us. My uncle came back to help, and I swear if he had taken a few more seconds, Midnight would have turned around and bolted back down the trail, all the way to the trailer! It was pretty scary. But then my uncle came back to help, and we got Midnight across, calmly and safely. After that he didn't balk once at the bridges. He even started to trot over a few of them. I think he got to like the sound of his feet on the wood.

My foster kittens are doing well. I almost lost little Twylla; she got very sick and stopped eating and drinking. I was injecting her with subcutaneous fluids twice per day for about 5 days. We managed to find something she would eat - human baby food. Fed her that with a syringe for a few days. Now she is back on track, and racing around with Tempest like she was never sick. Both should be able to go for spay surgery next week. I'm kind of looking forward to it; my own cats have been pretty out of sorts.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KEMPY AND ANGIE!!!!!!

Angie - Your birthday dinner sounded delicious! And another 1.4 lbs!!! You are melting away! I noticed your avatar... you're gorgeous! Jay is a lucky man!

Claire - I'm sorry to hear about your depression, and that you are struggling. My thoughts are with you. I hope you and Jim can work through what you need to. Remember that you chose this man, and the work on your relationship will be worth it! We are here for you!

Noelle - The boat looks like lots of fun! We were in Maui this spring, and the only thing we did not do that my hubby really wanted to was go deep sea fishing. I guess next time we'll have to come to Oahu instead! I wish Rick could come and remodel our bathroom. Our buidling was built in the seventies, and each floor has a different colour bathroom fixtures. White (the lucky ones), pink, or "harvest gold" aka pukey greenish yellow. Guess which ones I have?! That's right "harvest gold" Lucky me!

Kempy - How did your birthday party go?

Dips - What's Shakin!?

And a quick hello to red, Julie, Maggzs and Cal (who is having the time of her life for sure!!!)

Have a great one girls! and Happy Fourth to all your Americans tomorrow!!!
LadyTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #168  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

New thread for July posted now. Go here! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...21#post1321521
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote