3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #194. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/85850-weight-loss-chit-chat-194-a.html)

Marti 06-01-2006 11:52 AM

Weight Loss and Chit Chat #194.

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies. :welcome2:

We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles.:ebike: And we also find time for some chitchatting! :gossip: So please, won't you join us??:grouphug:

Marti 06-01-2006 12:05 PM

Good Morning Ladies!

I feel as though I REALLY need a shower. My hair is slick back and it's not from hair spray!:o

Going to try and do individuals....lets see how I do.

Cristi--Homes in CA....I wouldn't even think to look. We did pick up a home & land from San Fran......homes that are around 250G here are up in the millions! Crazy! Location Location! The difference between the gazelle and elliptical is huge. For some reason I thought you had a gazelle. The gazelle is a swinging motion type exercise, the elliptical is a step swing type and a bigger machine. Cost is more too.

Kathy--Thank you for the compliment. I'm hoping to see more of our faces on here! How about you??? Jhanai's recital is tonight. Getting off early :carrot: She'll do fabulously...and if she doesn't well, she's surrounded by many others I won't be able to hear!

Jane--I sure don't remember you mentioning any dinner party! Was I invited?? Just teasing, I hope you have a great time. I'm wanting a house warming party if and when we get a new home. But gotta find friends first!:D

Sue--How is the house coming along?? When did you say it should be move in ready?? We're thinking of possibly looking into some of the home that are in the process of being built now. We'd be the first home owner. That appeals to me.

Angie--We talked about a fixer upper, and the ones that are around that are for sale right now just have too much work to do. W/James' schedule it would be hard for him to help out and I'd be darned if I was fixing the house by myself.:D Which of coarse he gives me a huge smile when I tell him this! Silly man of mine!

Robin--Fantasitic on the one pound gone! They all add up!

Ok...need to shower. My hair is driving me crazy! So I'll check in before work if I have time.

I'll tell you all about the recital later tonight.

suetalks 06-01-2006 12:41 PM

Good morning, er..afternoon. Thank you Ms Cristina...I am feeling better today. So far so good on OP and I have gotten lots of exercise already. I have cleaned 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms. Lots of climbing up and down the step stool to do fans and lights. I know when I did this in the Fall I was out of breath and slowww, today I am fast and singing. SO all the walking has helped my stamina.
I have lunch planned for as soon as DH gets home. Dinner I am not too sure of, but I have lots of veggies, so will do something with those. Liquids are the easy part today..well, every day for me.

Marti- The house is supposed to be done in Aug. Everything is going to be happening at once...roofers and dry wallers next week. It will look like a house then..:)

Jane- Yes please, tell us about your plans for the dinner party.

DH is home...Angie, Robin, Michelle, everyone else...I will catch you later today.

Michelle 06-01-2006 12:53 PM

Good Morning Everyone...It's a very dark rainy day here, and a little muggy too. I'm feeling much better today now that my migraine is gone.:D Not much to really say or nothing going on here today. I will check back later.:hug:

Marti 06-01-2006 01:06 PM

Sue--How fun that your house is starting to look like a house!

Michelle--Sorry that you were suffering from a migraine!! This weather here doesn't help anyone mood. Tired of rain already. I think we were spoiled w/that extreme heat a couple weeks ago!

Just popping in for a moment. Finally feel clean!:D Trying to do laundry so I have something to wear. Sheesh!

Anyway, just catching up a bit! Talk to you all later!

FrouFrou 06-01-2006 01:30 PM

Hello again ladies!

Back from IF and feeling pretty good. Don't like doing it two days in a row but she was closed Monday for the holiday and we will be busy tomorrow so...but I am going to get my walk in early in the morning and take Saturday as my free day since V has to work. I don't mind so much walking by myself but I didn't have a free day because of my schedule this week. You know, it feels odd taking a day off though. Anyway, also did a 1 mile walk that I need to add to my siggy. I am trying to think of a reward for when I hit 200 miles, that should be fun. Never did get that charm for my bracelet so maybe that will be an incentive. It's just a gold circle that says One Day at a Time and that is how I do and take things...one day at a time.

MARTI...guess I misread it too...I thought Jhanai's recital was last night. I am sure she will do fine and it will be fun to see her. Bet she is growing like a weed! The prices of homes cracks me up. When I see what you can get for $500,000 in CA or other places I am in awe, kind of shocked too! You can get a VERY nice and decent sized home here for $200,000. There some homes around the corner from us selling for that and above. I think the biggest in this area is about 1600 sq ft on the main floor that is finished. If they want the basement finished it is about $20,000 more but 3200 sq ft so not a bad price for that much sq ft. The thing that gets us in our modest little house (1282 sq ft-2500 with the basement) is the taxes-talk about high! for this part of KS.

SUE...you are welcome! Glad you are feeling better today. I was going to say AUGUST! But then remembered today is June first so August is not so far away. Not sure why my mind is thinking it is still April :dizzy:

MICHELLE...glad you are feeling better too! I think we have the same weather. It is supposed to clear up some time today though. Looking out the window you wouldn't think so. I found a few pictures but nothing to use as an avatar...I'll keep looking. I will put something up though, even if it is an old picture until I can get a head shot taken.

ROBIN...WTG on the pound, woohoo! :bravo:

Hi to everyone else again :wave:

Thought I would get on for a few minutes before I get busy and Josh comes home. He had some errands to run-today is payday for him and of course they have his pay messed up for some reason. Shorted him out of about $500 this pay check and the last paycheck and he doesn't know why and can't do anything till he gets back. It will actually be Monday because none of those offices are open on the weekend. Anywho...

Have a good day ladies :)

Jane 06-01-2006 04:32 PM

Hiya ladies,

One post for all of you because I'm at the library and there is a waiting line. Sheesh! My internet is out again, and they're going to replace the modem and other stuff. The guy who makes the appointments is out today, so he'll call tomorrow with a repair date. So who knows how long I'll be without the internet. BooHoo.

The dinner party is for you guys, lol. JK - but I would SOOO love it if you all could be here. Anytime one of you wants to visit, just say the word. Anyway, it's really for my cousin from Paducah, KY, her DH and my sisters, and their DHs. The menu is cole slaw, deviled eggs, barbecue ribs, wild rice, crock pot potatoes, Italian green beans, corn, dollar rolls, WW raspberry fluff pie and the most decadent lemon cake. I will have a very small amount of the high-point stuff, and focus on the healthier foods. But honestly, if I cooked just the healthy stuff, most of my sisters would have a cow. Mary Lou is diabetic, so she eats like I do, but the others would turn their noses up at some of the veggies and healthy things I eat.

Well, I still have to check in at a couple of places, so I better scoot. Be good! I love you guys. :hug:

suetalks 06-01-2006 09:47 PM

Jane- Oh, yum! I would love to be there for your dinner. :) Sorry about your computer troubles. Hope it id fixed soon.

Cristina- I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Wow, that's rough about Josh's pay. I hope they get it straightened out quickly.

Marti, Michelle, Robin, Angie, Alex- Good evening to you all.

I was busy today and got so much done. I am going to be ready for the realtor Mon. that's for sure. I even got in my 2.5 mile walk, so feel great!

Happy Friday to you all....

da fat n da furious 06-02-2006 01:06 AM

Hello ladies,
going to just make this a quick hello...
Jane,,,what a dollar rolls? and do you make them? Everything sounds so delicous. I need to spend more time in the kitchen actually cooking,,and not just chopping and grilling. Real foods.
Robin, there are so many million dollar houses around here its not even a WOW thing anymore. There is some big hockey player who lives in my neighbourhood,,,from what they say about his house he has a nanny's suite an all...
One of the directors in our company always likes to talk houses/renovations with me. He lives near me too...anyways he keeps calling me Miss Money Pants...caues he thinks Im spending alot of renos..we saved for quite some time before starting. Its cash or we wait till its cash.(our motto) So I quipped back,,,well Mr. Bond the name is Miss Money Penny...lol Being Im the receptionist and all...lol About my job...fingers crossed ladies...
Last night I made a comment that I needed to get my resume done right? Well 1 am I was done. I had also emailed it to a 5 companies,,,went to bed,,,and was woken by one of those places. And 1 hour later another company called! The second one is for a bank that is being built in our neighbourhood! (breathing heavy) he asked me what my salary expectations were...geesh I had nothing to say. So I honestly told him that what I want is full time with benefits. That I don't mind starting low and working my way up. (not so low that its under min wage...and min wage is over $9. an hr. ) The other job is for a DT company. Big pay,,,but its DT(downtown) horrid traffice problems here. But the job is perfect for me....*whimper
So ladies,,,not sure what my future holds...fingers crossed I find the right job for me.

well off to bed I go...night all

Michelle 06-02-2006 01:11 AM

Hi Everyone ~~~ Boy is it muggy here tonight; I feel like I'm in the midwest!:devil: I had returned my digital camera yesterday, because I was having problems with it and it was just too frustrating. Well I talked to my cousin tonight, who lives in Iowa and she's always sending me beautiful pictures. She told me the camera she has, so my DH and I went after he got off work and bought the same one as my cousin has. It works so much better for me and I love it! I'm gonna head to bed and I hope all of you are having a great night!:grouphug:

Marti 06-02-2006 02:19 AM

Need to get ready for bed. Tired! Spent so much time on the phone at work today trying to resolve problems! Crazy I tell ya, but gives you a sense of accomplishment afterwards.

Jhanai's recital was great. Couldn't distinguish her from the others but she looked great. They all looked so hot since all lights were out except on stage. So I didn't even attempt to take my camera out, instead I bought the DVD!:D The only girl w/colored hair! Go figure!

Michelle--So what camera did you end up with? Glad it's something you like. Nothing like owning something you can work!! Hmmm....kind of like me and my photoshop! James does all the playing on that! Someday I'll learn.

Angie--Wow! Call backs already! That's fast work! Now are you telling me that min. wage is over $9 in canada??? Geez! Ours here is $7.50. Well I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get one of the jobs you're asking for! Too bad the one you really like isn't closer to you and out of the middle of town!

Sue--You're doing great on your walking. Now are you keeping track of how many miles you do each month??

Jane--Dinner sounds absolutely wonderful! And it doesn't even sound like something someone would turn their nose up on! I was asking James the other day if he liked ribs. He told me that he has never had any! Can you believe that? Never had Ribs?!?:yikes: We might be doing ribs soon!:)

Cristi--Fantastic idea of getting an award at 200miles! Never would have thought of something like that! If I get off my duff and walk...I'd do the same!

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Ok....off to post one more thing and off to bed I go!

jules1216 06-02-2006 08:55 AM

Marti-I am glad the recital went good--DD passed out from the hot lights during chorus practice for a show when she was in sixth grade

Sue--yeah for a NSV--I notice since I started the gym I feel alot better and going up steps and hilss are alot easier--I am still slower at going down steps and hills but it is better than it was. It's been two years and a month sicne the mororcycle accident.

Michelle ma belle--sorry to hear about your migranes--I have gotten them like my mother since I turned 30--always have had bad headaches but the first migrane about killed me--my DD has always had the headaches too and her migranes strated at 10!!

Cristina--there is a small two bedroom bungalow house build in the 60's with well and septic on a small lot near where we live--It's for sale and when we bought here seven years ago it was for sale for $35,000. Since my DS and his gf are looking for something together when their leases are up in August I thought I'd check out the pricing on it--they want $159,000 for it. When we started looking for property 5 acres was running about $20,000, we got our half of a 64 acre piece (crazy MIL bought other half after her divorce and then later sold--right before the market boom) Our 32 acres cost us $35,000. My coworker just bought 5 acres and they paid $90,000. It's unbelievable!

Jane--hope your party went good!!

Angelia- good luck on the job prospects--sounds really good. My son works in Leesburg VA and they just did the electrical on a house that will have an elevator, a huge home theater, two laundry rooms and two kitchenettes on besides the actual kitchen--DS says we would love to go back in and see it when he's done.

Robin, Kathy & Kimberly--how are you doing??

Cafe Ole 06-02-2006 10:48 AM

Hi all! I know these have been a bit short since my trip post LOL -- work is crazy! My boss came to me & is working on my promo paperwork YAHOO!!! :carrot:

Jane... bummer on the computer! I am really only on at work and at home between the home stuff & kids who has time?

Angie... LOL a Million house anywhere will still WOW me. Why is it that 2 people have this need for a mansion?

I know I am missing most my individuals - very sorry! I am working hard to get this stuff done so I can bust out of here early. Tomorrow is my baby's luau party and I have my hands full with last minute stuff and my DH has to work (his boss is being a jerk) so this should be very interesting and hopefully totally fun at the same time. Have a super fab weekend!!! :hug:

Michelle 06-02-2006 11:18 AM

MARTI...We ended up getting the Kodak Easyshare 6.1, and it's SO EASY to use. It has a very large lcd screen and the pictures are SO clear; my DH and I both love it!;):hug:

JULES...My migraine is back again. I was awake at 3:30 this morning with it again pounding in the back of my head. I've been stressing, worring and in a down funk a little lately, and I really think everything is building up right now. I'm glad you're feeling better now and I hope your DD's mouth heals up fast!;) :hug:

Marti 06-02-2006 11:40 AM

Mornin' Ladies!!

Jules--Your poor DD passing out under the lights. But I can totally understand! I'm not good under the hot lights for very long. When I'm at the mall and we go to some of those stores that have spot lights for lighting.....I'm only in there for a few minutes!

Robin--Hurray on the boss working on your promotion papers!!!:carrot: Great news!! Tell us more when you have time.

Michelle--Sounds like a great camera. We had thought of getting a new camera, but now just don't know what we're doing! Hope your migraine doesn't take over your entire day!

I need to get moving this morning. I get to go in early by an hour and then I get to leave early. Which it totally cool since it's a friday and I get to get Jhanai! Perfect.

Ok...off I go have a great day!