3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back in Kindergarten #7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/85825-back-kindergarten-7-a.html)

FrouFrou 06-01-2006 09:15 AM

Back in Kindergarten #7

:dance: :welcome2: :dance: WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #7 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten ~Jules

Please join us in our chit chat as we discuss our weight loss journey and daily lives!!! :gossip: :cofdate:

FrouFrou 06-01-2006 09:40 AM

HAPPY 1st DAY of JUNE LADIES!

Don't know where the time goes but it is going by way too fast for me! Anyway...was up bright and early this morning. Since Jason takes V's truck I have been getting up at 4:30 and taking V to work and boy is it ever killing me. Had this bright idea to buy groceries after dopping him off, which I did. But couldn't go back to sleep like I normally do when I get back. Almost went to sleep but then Jason was stirring and even though he tries to be quiet, that early in the morning everything seems loud! Don't think I will do the grocery thing this early again but it was nice having the whole store to myself, well, besides the employees stocking the shelves and cleaning the floors. Going to head to It Figures about 10'ish and then I will really be pooped and dragging.

SUSAN...you and Gaby are silly. Now what would really be funny is the both of you in the sink at the same time, lol! Josh leaves tomorrow :( :cry: He's doing fine and I think he has even enjoyed being home. But I know he is anxious to get back to Hawaii and his buddies. I think you and your brothers and sisters getting together once a month would be GREAT!

KATY...GREAT picture! But then you always take a good picture of course it helps you being pretty! I really hate my pictures! but will find one to put up.

BEP...I think sometimes we just have to give in to the hungry/cravings. You'll do fine and as Michelle said tomorrow is a new day, just don't have too many of those tomorrows, lol!

KATHY...I have yet to do that border. Decided that I would just wait until Josh left, just trying to spend as much time as possible with him since who knows when I will see him next. The choc. rice cakes actually aren't so bad. I like the apple ones also. They are a great snack for me when I am craving something sweet and lo-cal so can't beat that. I've not tried the caramel ones yet. But they have come a long way with the flavors haven't they. I remember when they only had the big plain ones. I'm going to find a picture for my avatar today since I promised Michelle I would get one up in the next day or two. And you are too kind! :thanks: :hug:

GINNY...what a nice NSV, and the best kind! It is always nice when someone else notices. And you are doing an awesome job with your biking, keep up the good work! Did you get your ad done?

MICHELLE...I see about the pollution. A lot of rest. around here are going non-smoking which is good. I don't mind people smoking as long as I don't have to smell it.Hope you are feeling better today and got some much needed rest and sleep. I hate feeling rundown and am afraid by noon I am going to be feeling that way. I don't do good unless I get at least 8 hours of sleep.

SHAWNA...hopefully they get something squared away with your foster son soon. It is a horrible feeling when a kid feels unwanted. I think that is what goes wrong with a lot of foster children...they go from home to home and feel like no one cares and it really messes them up inside and that is sad.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Guess I'll go make the bed and do a little bit of straightening up. Don't want to start any laundry yet, Josh is still sleeping. Trying to enjoy that while he can because when he goes back it's back to getting up at 5! Going to It Figures and then run a couple of errands then I will be ready for a nap. Can't take one though for fear of not waking up in time to pick V up from work. That kid (Jason) has got to get a car soon! Actually, I am taking him to look Monday or Tuesday on his day off. Anywhoo...

Take care ladies and have a good day!

bep 06-01-2006 11:00 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't feel like I am going to die if I don't have chocolate today! Don't get me wrong...chocolate always sounds good, but yesterday, I felt like I was going to die if I couldn't have it. Definitely TOM's fault yesterday! Today, I am feeling in better control and getting my little world back in order. I am tired and puffy from the junk I ate yesterday, but that will probably go away in a few days when TOM is over. I could go for some Pamprin today :p .

Mom2Gaby 06-01-2006 11:17 AM

Good Morning!!!!!

Sipping morning coffee (I have had 3 cups so far, can you tell?? Can you?? Can you??......ANSWER ME!!! lol) and am ready for anal co worker to return from his vacation!

Cristi- BRAVO for changing the thread! You have certified yourself at being able to count to 100!! woo hoo - you go girl! Why are you up so early?? Dang - maybe you can rest during the day?

Bep- wow......you sound so full of energy!! Hope you have a good day. :)

Kathy - *cough , *cough......I love yoo too....*cough.....just don't think it will work out *cough.....lol....whatEVER......The landlord showed my fathers apt yesterday. He passed away on the 21st. Happy to see you post!!

k- need to take the kiddies to school and hand in Rachel's transcript for when she was in rehab and did all the classes in wellness.....she gets credit - yay....ewwwwww, 2 gold fish (out of 3) went belly up this morning.....ewwww, they were still gulping for air but pretty sure they were dead.....I did CPR and everything......haha......need to go comb Gabys hair....I told her last night when she was about to dive into the sink that only babies can fit, she is too tall,,,,she goes " I am a baby" and proceeded to take her clothes off......lol

tata

Mom2Gaby 06-01-2006 11:21 AM

oops, I guess I should mention that I had a biscuit & egg for breakfast. I will TRY and lose one pound this week! Just having a hard time getting back on track.....

Mom2Gaby 06-01-2006 01:11 PM

ok, I am calmed down. Work does that to me ......grrrrrr.
Michelle I meant to ask if you were feeling any better this morning?? Hope so :hug: .....kind of muggy out , huh?? I put a turtle neck on but seems warm out.
Tons to do. Hope to get to Trader Joes this afternoon for a salad.
Cristi On the sis & brothers getting together every month . I hope we can do that. Gaby has a cousin 6 months older and they are so cute together playing. Gaby needs that sense of family.

k- getting to work!!:D

FrouFrou 06-01-2006 02:01 PM

Hello again ladies! :D

SUSAN...having to take V to work because Jason is taking his truck because his car pooped out on him and he is too lazy to go look for another, wooo, breathe, lol! Anyway, V is working overtime and has to get up at 3 and leave at 4:30 so thought what the heck...I'll go buy groceries this morning and get it out of the way so it doesn't mess with my schedule of going to It Figures. Normally I come back home and go back to sleep about 5:30 and then get up about 8. But I tried this morning and just couldn't. Come about 4 today I am going to be dozing for sure.

Hey, I actually saw that the thread was a little over 100 and remembered, lol! It's the least I can do. :D

Well, you know...Gaby is YOUR baby so techinically she is right, lol! What a cutie!

Glad that Rachel is doing fine and can get credit for her work. And yes, I agree, that would be good for Gaby as well as you and your brothers and sisters.

BEP...silly woman. :)

Anyway...be back later.

Mom2Gaby 06-01-2006 02:14 PM

Cristi
Hi, what does V do?? I forget.
I was wide awake at 2:30am and finally woke up at 6:30 to get ready for the day. I cleaned real fast by shoving things in closets. Gaby's teacher is coming for a home visit tonight....and I saw the fish floating and was rattled because I was out of plastic bags to put them in so I found a little pan that I got from my father and put them in there......*sigh*
Gaby is sooooooo funny. It was rainy lightly this morning and we were going out for the school bus and I said "do you want a coat??" and she said "no thank you"...lol so we went out, she covered her head with my coat and I kept tripping over her......her last day is next week.
Just thinking of lunch!! The days go by so fast!!
Chat in a bit....

FrouFrou 06-01-2006 02:24 PM

Hiya Susan...he's an electrician at Raytheon aircraft, does the electrical on the left wing of the plane among other things. I told him he should try for a supervisor postion but he said no way would he ever want to be supervisor. I told him it's more money and he could sit on his butt most of the time, lol. He actually likes what he does and probably would sleep if he sat down for long. I'm not even bothering with cleaning until Josh is gone. When he came home everything in his bags was dumped on the floor in his rooma nd has been there since. I did his laundry for him yesterday and no sure where he will put that...looked like his bag was already full. He's taking some things back with him, hope he can get it all in there. Anyway...he is a slob, lol and I haven't bothered with doing much cleaning since he's been home, just some straightening up. Gaby sounds so grown up sometimes-they do grow up too fast don't they? But she will always be your baby girl. I always tell the kids they will always be my babies regardless of their ages. Anyway...guess I'll go put the laundry in the dryer and start another load. I am getting so sleepy, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Michelle 06-01-2006 02:33 PM

SUSAN...I am feeling better today with the migraine gone, but I'm just kinda out of it and I don't know if it's because of this weather or what.:?: It is pretty muggy and I had to open up all the windows.:^:

CRISTINA...Hopefully you can get down for a nap before you have to pick your husband up this afternoon. I felt like this yesterday, and that's why I just slept on and off all day long, and then I even slept so good through the night.

RosieKate 06-01-2006 02:47 PM

Good morning!
Thanks for all the nice compliments...I like all your photos, too. We're a pretty cute bunch, IMO. I just had a pic taken at my gma's, so we'll see how that one turns out. I usually hate pics of me, 'cause I think my face is too fat...gotta get over it...I yam what I yam, right?

OK - so I had a brainstorm and checked out the Sonoma Diet book from the library; going to try this wave thingy they talk about. The book is hardly ground breaking, but it is similar to the Zone, so I am already used to the food choices. I thought it might help me kick-start some weight loss. I am just really sick of gaining and losing the same 5 lbs over the last year. We'll see how it goes...today is Day 1 and this is what the food is looking like:

B: 1 piece of whole wheat toast, 2 scrambled eggs ( I had egg substitute and a wedge of laughing cow cheese)
L: 1 ww tortilla, 1 TB olive tapenade, 3 oz chicken or cottage cheese ( I haven't decided yet), 2 cups of greeens, 1 c. of veggies (prob. tomatoes)
s: 11 almonds
D: 4 oz BBQ chicken, 2 c. salad. I need a serving of grain, so I'll either cook some brown rice or some bulgur to go with it.

The first wave is for 10 days and I don't get any fruit,sugar, starchy veggies, or "white" stuff, like bread, rice, whatever.

Tune in Tomorrow to see if SonomaGirl stays OP.....

Susan- too bad the coworker's gotta come back....I hope you and your siblings can continue to get together....your dad will look down and smile...

Cristina - would love to see a pic! I'll have to check out the chocolate rice cakes for the kiddos. They just decided they like them; I bet they would really go for the chocolate ones.

Bep - I can relate to your cravings. I have to watch it with the sugar - I've realized that it contributes to my insomnia. yuck. I made popcorn balls with my DD yesteday...and indulged. Sure enough I was up at 2 am and couldn't sleep. I am ready to clean out my system today, that's for sure.

Hey gals from #6 ..will try to get to more individuals later....

I can't remember - which one of you is on Argenix? Is that specifically for lowering cholestrol? DH got some bad news with his last cholestrol test. He's going to consult a NP for some recommendations. His doc at Kaiser will put him on Lipitor, but he wants to be sure he's tried everything else before doing that....the side effects are worrisome, and if he can figure out away to control it naturally, well then why not? He's at a healthy weight, eats a healthy diet, tries to exercise a few times a week, but the DNA gods did not smile on him :( Anyway - I was curious about the Argenix.....

Ciao for now!

RosieKate 06-01-2006 02:48 PM

Hey Michelle! Just missed you
glad you are feeling better today
I hate migraines. It is muggy over here, too...I hope we get some sunny weather soon.

Mom2Gaby 06-01-2006 03:12 PM

Michelle I am happy you are feeling better! I never have suffered with migraines - though I am sure I have caused some - haha.......grrrrr. Icky weather!! Why does it keep going back and forth? Don't know if you see the downtown area but the rides are up for the Rose Festival. I think I read that the rides are $1.00 on Mondays, so hope to take the girls before it ends.

Katy Best to you on that diet!! Ya, too bad about the co worker. I was thinking I am a mother, not a career lady. I don't know why I am doing this job. I want to play with Gaby. lol

Cristi Electricans make good money. My friend Brian, that passed away was one....he kept encouraging me to go in that field...can you imagine?? lol

Anyway, I am thinking of doing a part time PM job to pay for the rent. This $615 I pay is for the birds. I have been pampered I guess......:preg: ....yikes, not in that way. lol

Ginny Hope you are having a relaxing day!! You work too hard!!

Chat in a bit.....

Edited I had my lunch at the vending machine. I picked out some cheese cracker and a trail mix. Still hungry.

Jules How are you?? How is your daughter?? HUGS

Mom2Gaby 06-01-2006 04:54 PM

Jules! Where ARE you??
Deb Ditto
Mari Hugs and hope all is well
June C Sending an SOS on you!! :)

I had 2 trail mix bags. It was pretty good and there went all my calories for the day! lol 2 more hours to go! Missing the girls. :(

Mom2Gaby 06-01-2006 07:02 PM

:coach: :goodscale :stress: 3 days until weigh in!!!!

Just thought I would remind you all!! :D I am headed home, another day, another dollar. Hope you gals have a good evening and remember......step away from that chocolate! Chat later......:comp:

If you are passing by stop and join us! We would love to get to know you! :lucky: