3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Sticking With It (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/85814-sticking.html)

exquisitern 06-02-2006 11:29 AM

Starting today would be fine with me.
Is everyone on board??? :) :)
You can go from your last weigh in for the weight loss $$$$
Queen for a week!!! That would be so cool!!!! Queen Donna!!!! lol :) :)

angel-eyes 06-02-2006 01:20 PM

hehe...you got it wrong....its :queen: Queen Angel-eyes!!!:D

Good thing we started today cause I worked my butt off in class this morning!!! I didn't realize there were bragging rights to a CROWN AT STAKE!!! :o great idea.

Hi angel :wave: nice to see another set of wings here! :angel:

Laura....Sorry I didn't get it the first time I read your post about you not feeling well and the water reference. Just water will be too harsh on your tummy. With any stomach irritation, you should follow the BRAT diet.....bananas, rice, apple sauce and plain toast. If you are drinking water, I would try a type of pedialyte/gatorade so you can replace some of the elctrolytes or you will become very dehydrated. Could be just a stomach bug but better safe than sorry. My boys were reccommended this by their dr. Hope you feel better soon.

potato 06-02-2006 01:46 PM

OH NO YOU DID NOT SAY THAT!! :frypan:
You are talking to the next Ms.Queen Potato! :queen: :devil:

My actual weigh in days are Sundays but I weigh my self everyday. So do I go by Sunday or today?

Potato

angel-eyes 06-02-2006 01:54 PM

I'm all for starting today....Friday to Friday. :)

AmberD 06-02-2006 02:05 PM

I'm gonna keep Monday as my offical for the books weigh- in (holds me more accountable on weekends)

But I'll have Friday be my official competition weigh- in day. So Friday to Friday! O. The game is so on!!!!

I just got back from my interview (it went well I think :)) I'll catch up with everyone's post when I get a minute!

Toodles!

Angel33 06-02-2006 02:24 PM

Friday to Friday works for me.
My offical weigh in day is Tuesday and I will still keep that for my records, but I will also keep track of my money earned for this challenge.
:cheers: Here's to crowning the next queen!:queen:

Question for you guys. I just want to make sure, is this what we agreed on?
How about 2.00 for each pound lost, .25 for 2 miles biked, .25 for each mile walked, .50 for every 3-8oz glasses of water that you drink and .25 for every 15 minutes of stationary exercise (video, etc)

Let me know

Thanks

potato 06-02-2006 02:47 PM

Piggy Bank Challenge Rules

Piggy Bank Challenge Rules:

.50 Cents for (3) 8 oz water drank
.25 Cents for each 15 mins of stationary exercise. (like video, sit ups, equipment,)
.25 Cents for each mile walked
.25 cents for every 2 miles on a bike
$2.00 for every pound lost.

Friday to Friday

Whoever has the most money each Friday becomes Queen for the week. (Don't spend the money yet)
Whoever becomes Queen the rest of us must refer to her for the rest of the week as QUEEN whoever it is. Her magesty must be reconized all week by all of us. When we end our post we must always tell her magesty how great she is!!

At the end of the month the person who has earned the most money gets to spend her money and tell us what she spent it on.

exquisitern 06-02-2006 02:54 PM

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can hardly wait to see who gets to be Queen next Friday!!!
May the best her majesty win!!!!
When we post, should we post what we did/earned?
I might have to do a few days at a time, especially over the weekends.

LindaB763 06-02-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potato

.25 Cents for each 15 mins of stationary exercise. (like video, sit ups, equipment,)

Waitttttt.....wait......... (pant :D ) I don't ride or walk .... I dance. :dance: So what $$$ do I put down for that? :?:

Donna!!!! WoW to the weight loss! :carrot: Didn't know you were going on a cruise! What part of Mexico are you going to? This time last year I was in Playa del Carmen. I think cruise ships have an exercise room, don't they?

Maybe instead of posting what we do every day, how about just on every Friday we give a grand total.

exquisitern 06-02-2006 04:29 PM

Linda:
I guess if you could figure out how many minutes you dance it could go under the video exercise group.

I'm so excited about the cruise. It is my first ever. We are going for 5 days. We leave out of Mobile on 6/10 and go to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico. Hope I don't get seasick. We have snorkeling planned for the 2 days that we are on land and I am going to walk on the days we are on ship. After we get back to Mobile, we are driving over to Panama City and spend 3 days at a beach resort. I can hardly wait!!!!
Doing the grand total on Friday is ok for me.

potato 06-02-2006 05:32 PM

I LIVE IN PANAMA CITY!!!

You are going to love our Beaches!!

Potato

3gwriter 06-02-2006 05:57 PM

money question (among other things)

Does running count as walking? I'm on the fence here. On one hand, there may be many of you on the list that shouldn't run, therefore running and walking are equal. On the other hand, I get a much better workout running now than I did before when I only walked. Plus, extra change for running might encourage others to try. What do you ladies think?

Also, I think we need to take money out of our pots if we cheat. If it's just drinking water and exercising I think most of us will do well. But if we have to take out money when we stray off of our diets...I think I'd be more likely to stick to the diet if I knew that I had to take money out of my pot and most likely not get to be the Queen. I'm not sure how much, though. I think it should be enough that we'd think twice. $0.50? $0.75?

I wish I had read this thread before I went out today. I cheated at breakfast and lunch, not too bad, but bad enough. And I still have to run today. I ran 5.8k last night and I have to do 5.4k today (2.2k to make up what I couldn't do at 10pm last night. It's really not a good time to workout.)

My scale still refuses to go down! I started training a bit harder last week and I think that's why. This is the week I'll start losing again. I've got 4 more lbs until I get into my "healthy weight range" for my height (based on one of those tables.)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...dfc/weight.png

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...f/exercise.png

Holly

potato 06-02-2006 06:27 PM

Since we just started today I guess it shouldn't hurt anything if we ammended this. But lets say that after today no more changes until next Friday.

How about this:

Dancing should be .25 Cents per 15 min.
Running .50 Cents per mile
Cheating will cost you .50 Cents per offense.

Anything else? Is everyone okay with this addition.:smug:

Potato

LauraCarrot 06-02-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberD
Hi guys!

LauraCarrot I'm sorry you feel ill :( I have a question though, do you have an upset tummy? Or is it more mental? I just know when I become really obsessed about food sometimes and focus really hard on losing weight, the thought of food kind of makes me feel grossed out.

It started out as not feeling well ...... then every time i looked at food or ate something it would make me sick to a point i wont mention... lol.... seems to be a lil better now.. but food just doesnt sound good to me....

LauraCarrot 06-02-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potato

Friday to Friday

Whoever has the most money each Friday becomes Queen for the week. (Don't spend the money yet)
Whoever becomes Queen the rest of us must refer to her for the rest of the week as QUEEN whoever it is. Her magesty must be reconized all week by all of us. When we end our post we must always tell her magesty how great she is!!

At the end of the month the person who has earned the most money gets to spend her money and tell us what she spent it on.

ok.... so we keep track of what we do... put the amount of money into piggy bank? dont have to set a goal about how much we want to lose? hmmm.... means ill have to go get a scale..... but.. i got the WW stuff with me.... i could try this... got a three day christian concert music festival to go to in July...... would maybe mean more money for cd's ..... yaaaaaay..... Im in.....