3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #192 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/85131-weight-loss-chit-chat-192-a.html)

Jane 05-23-2006 12:08 PM

Weight Loss and Chit Chat #192

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies. :wave:

We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles. And we also find time for some chitchatting! :gossip: So please, won't you join us??

Marti 05-23-2006 12:37 PM

Hello ladies!

Well I'm feeling much better this morning. I got up before 8:00 and I've already did my exercises. The WATP kicked my butt!:dizzy: Ok....lifting weights, that's what did it. My arms are in poor shape!! Need to get them up to par!:D I'll just take small steps to getting toned.

Robin--Glad you found your bracelet. Have a great weekend.

Katie--Glad you're feeling better. Antibiotics are miracle workers!!

Jules--Pop in when your more rested. I hate having to work OT.

Jane--How is Neils eye?? Looking any better yet??

Angie--How are you feeling? Is the basement getting closer to being finished completely?

Michelle--Where did our sun go?? I have rain down here...what's it like up North?

Sue--Bet you're picking something new for your house!! James and I have talked about getting a house built. I think that's all we do lately....talk talk talk!:dizzy: Just waiting on the information on qualitfying for a loan.

Alex--How you doing today? Any other sweet sneaky romantic stuff your guy is doing?? Send him my way so he can teach my guy a thing or two!!:D

Cristina--Hope you're enjoying time w/Josh!

Kimberly--Where have you been lately?? Miss seeing your post! How is your friend doing?

Kathy--How are you today??

Mindee--It's been awhile since you've posted! Have you gotten your computer set up yet? Post when you get the chance!

Hello to anyone I may have missed. Tried to do individuals on my own rather than replying to posts! Now that's a bit different. Never know if I'm going to miss someone. And if I have...my apologies!!

As I have mentioned. I did the WATP dvd today and I enjoyed it. If James were in bed though...it may sound like a herd of elephants tromping in the livingroom! In that case I would just hop on the gazelle. So to keep myself from getting bored I will do a variety of things. Trying to eat healthy. Been eating a salad everyday to get in some greens and veggies. I need to get a salad made up for work before I leave.

Other than that...I don't have much going on w/myself! Dreading working this weekend. At least I get Thursday off because of it. I will know to never volunteer for a holiday again.

Anyway...I'm babbling now. I will chat more next time!

Jane 05-23-2006 12:37 PM

Hi ladies,

Just in case anyone wonders, we keep the threads at 50 or less posts as a courtesy to those who have a dial-up server. Also, any Jaded Lady is welcome to start a new thread, but we ask that you copy and paste the greeting we're now using. Thanks!

Sue - I'll probably cook my roast (on the menu for Thursday) in the crock pot. I love that thing! We watched the season finale of 2 1/2 Men last night - so funny! Reruns are upon us now, though, lol.

Angie - ah, your Brandon and my Katie must be related. When we moved her stuff from the old room, you wouldn't believe how many dishes we found. It's a good thing she was in Florida, or I don't know if she'd still be functional, lol.
Get some rest, ok? You need it.

Kathy - glad you're back! :hug:

Marti - aww, hope you're feeling better.

Robin - YAY for finding the bracelet. :cp: Who woulda thunk it? Have fun on your trp. You're a brave woman to do this with 300 4th graders. I wouldn't do it without a court order, lol.

Julie - hi Julie, bye Julie, lol.

Mary Kate - YAY for good antibiotics. :cp: Always something to be thankful for, right?

Kim - it's been awhile since you've been here. Hope things are going better, sweetie.

I can't stay on here much longer. The demolition guys should be here anytime, and I want to be by Neal's side for that. I'm doing well with the food again today. I went to Sear's to check out treadmills, and they're all so huge! My gazelle is looking better and better. :yes: Plus, it's quiet, lol. And paid for.

I'm be back later. :hug:

Michelle 05-23-2006 12:42 PM

Hi Marti ~~ It's been pouring down rain all morning here, but the sun is trying to peek out right now. When you're first starting out with WATP, I would advise not using any hand weights for awhile. It was awhile before I even added them in, and I still don't always use them. They are a great work out though. Glad you're having a better day today!:hug:

Jane 05-23-2006 12:43 PM

Marti - we were posting at the same time. Glad you're better. And WTG for for doing the WATP. :cp:

FrouFrou 05-23-2006 01:37 PM

Hello ladies...

Josh and I went to the park and walked 3 miles. He was going to jog it but his knee was hurting. Almost got attacked by some momma geese...man they don't like anyone getting close to their babies. Haven't been to that park in a while and was surprised to see so many babies, oh so cute! And I did get some pictures, hopefully they turn out fine since we couldn't get close. They were hissing at us, lol! Saw some baby turtles on the rocks too as well as a snake, yikes! Not sure what kind of snake it was and we thought it was dead but when we went back around it was gone. It was a brownish/reddish snake...not seen one of them before. Anyway...then went to Lowes to get another gallon of paint...it's a buff/cream color the we painted the hall with and when V gets to it he will paint the walls going down to the basement the same color. But since we painted the master the pink bath is just not working with the magnolias. So the rose border is gone (gotta finish getting it off today before he gets home) and we are painting it the cream color also since it is in the comforter. Then I am putting the magnolia border on and accessorizing with green towels, rugs and valance.

MARTI...WTG on doing the WATP! :carrot: Hope you get to feeling better.

MICHELLE... we had that awful weather yesterday and supposed to get more today, ick! I agree with you about the weights. When i first started the WATP I would do a little of the arms and they hurt so bad. But I did what I could until I worked my way up to doing it all.

ROBIN...glad you found you bracelet! And have a fun time with all those children!

JANE...that's okay about the letter. I don't think anyone will do it but thought it would be fun and sent it to others who like to share recipes. My Aunt sent it to me and I thought I would try to keep it going.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Need to get going so I can finish getting that rose border off the bathroom wall. Love the magnolias...they are a nice change as is the sage.

Have a great day ladies!

losinflab 05-23-2006 02:14 PM

Hello all. #FC let me on the board today & I have no idea why....small wonders! I posted quite a while ago, but wasn't able to get on.It's finally warming up in Ohio.Last nt was in the 30's, but will be 80 tomor.
I'm still counting calories & losing very S L O W L Y.New meds make losing harder.
Been doing a lot of sewing, making quilt tops mostly.Promised to make DD new cutains, so thats the current project. I'm off to enjoy the sun.Pat

da fat n da furious 05-23-2006 07:33 PM

Just a quick hello to all,,,
Jane, how did the demo go? I don't know if I want to put out the big bucks for a tread mill...I should since half the time we can't walk on the sidewalks it so icy. Thinking more of an eleptic...can't spell it.
Marti glad to know you are feeling better...possibly not enough sun?
Michelle,,,how are you doing?
Pat,,,I have the makings of a quilt/duvet cover sitting on my bedroom bench...one day,,,I will get that done. Better do it sooner since it matches all my bed room colors....hate to make it then change my style...lol (won't be the first)

Well going to go make dinner..

jules1216 05-23-2006 07:54 PM

Marti--how do you remember what you want to say to everyone when the thread starts over??? Doing the gazelle and the WATP--so proud of you!!

Jane--Hi!! Have fun at the demolition!! So do you love your gazelle too??

Michelle ma belle-how's the WATP going? I hope you sunshine comes out for you!!

Cristina--I would bet the magnolias and sage look good together!!

Pat--what colors & patterns are you using for your quilts!! I lose weight very slowly myself.

Angelia--have you seen the BFL for women--there is a DVD in the Gaiam catalog I just got--looks interesting...

Hi to everyone else!! I am going to try to get a bit of a workout in here at home tonight!! I need those points!! DH goes next Wednesday to the surgeon for a consultation about the tear in his muscle--DD's divorce hearing is Thursday--she's getting really nervous about seeing the ex--will be the first time since the night he left to go back to Philadelphia with his parents.

suetalks 05-23-2006 10:13 PM

I am tired and even a little sore tonight, so will go to bed soon. Wonder if my muscles will hurt worse in the morning? We got the attic cleaned out today and I was up and down the ladder. DH cleaned out the storage barn too. We have more junk than I thought to put in the sale Fri. We only carried a few re-packed boxes back up. I think all I have in the attic now is Christmas, a cooler and a few boxes for DS. I am impressed!

Eating went well today as did the water. I really feel like I am not as hungry, and not wanting to snack right now. But I know how that goes...I will have to fight the urge to pig out on something totally inappropriate soon. Just hope I win that fight. I didn't walk, but got plenty of stretching and climbing.

The tooth hasn't hurt at all...knock on wood. I am supposed to call the office every morning to see if they have a cancellation. Heres hoping they can get me in soon.

Tomorrow is more sale preparation and hopefully window washing. I will wash all of the curtains and blinds..again. We hope to list the house next week.

Sorry, no individauls, but I am thinking of each and every one of you...:hug: ..I'm just pooped.

da fat n da furious 05-24-2006 10:32 AM

Jules, haven't seen that video but will look for it. I loved watching my bfl videos,,,Id cry and be all motivated and I think that too was one of the reasons I did so well. Need to get that back.
Monte and I are planning to take off to Victoria for a weekend next month. Our anniversary is next Thursday...

Sue,,,ah man I so seriously feel for you,,,wait Im still sore from my adventures...misery loves company,,,thanks for joining me..lol Yes you may feel worse today,,,drink lots of water,,,and if you can soak them aching muscles.

Better, Tanner slept in,,,so I have to drive him to school before work. TTFN

suetalks 05-24-2006 11:41 AM

Actually I am not too sore today. Maybe I am doing better than I thought. I just felt so OLDDDD yesterday.
I even got my 2.5 mile walk in already as it is supposed to rain this afternoon. Ate wheat toast and a banana for breakfast and have already started on my water, well with Crystal Light for now. DH has gone to the lot so I don't know if we will wash windows or not. I am going to do a load of laundry and at least take the curtains down and wash blinds. (If I can get myself away from the computer)

Angie- Sorry my sore didn't last longer...I was so commiserating with you. :)

Marti 05-24-2006 12:17 PM

Morning Ladies!!

Jane--Well how did you all do while the house was being demolished?? Hope Neils doing ok. Just think though, the house you're in now...will have many wonderful memories too.

Cristi--Geese are scarey if they're a mama or not!!:D Some people we know own a couple of BIG ones and they're never nice!!

Pat--Hello and Welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Angie--I think Sun is an important part of my attitude!! You may be right. Yesterday the sun was out and it was raining.....reminded me of fall. Gave me a good feeling! Weird huh?

Jules--If I'm the one starting a new thread.....I usually "reply my post" then copy what I wrote and then start the new thread and post there. If a new thread is already posted...I just open up a second window so I can toggle over.

Sue--Wow....sounds like you got all your points in today!! Or pretty darn close to it. I was up too late last night w/James...so I just got up. Will do some form of exercise soon.

Good Morning to the rest of you gals.

Well I'm needing to get some things done after I browse a bit.

Chat w/you all later!

jules1216 05-24-2006 01:02 PM

Quick hi & bye over lunch to let you know I am thinking about all of you!!

alextucker 05-24-2006 01:09 PM

I am still reading posts....and getting to you know you all! I got my WATP in the mail today. I am looking forward to doing something different than the treadmill.

I have another date planned with David tomorrow night.....hoping it goes as well as the last one.

Jane 05-24-2006 02:14 PM

Hi all,

Welcome to Pat and Alex! :)

This has to be a quick one. Well, they didn't tear down the house yesterday after all, but were here at 7:30 this morning. I was up and dressed, of course, but Mr. Retiree wasn't, so he had to hurry. So Neal, Katie, Mary, the 3 DGDs and myself were there it see it all. The house looked odd, anyway, with all the aluminum siding gone, and the windows out. Neal didn't cry. But I did. And so did Mary. She said all 3 of her kids took their first steps in that house. But we're all ok now. The rubble is being moved right now.

I have to get to town, but will be back later.

suetalks 05-24-2006 07:40 PM

Jane- I am glad that is done and you can remember all the memories with a smile.

Alex- I have WATP tapes and do it more when I can't get out to walk. I need to start doing both walking and the tapes. Good luck on your next date. Sounds like you have quite a nice guy.

Marti- Yep, I was pretty sure I was going to do well today. Now, if I don't do something stupid tonight to kill the eating I will be right on track.

I have started NOT putting our food on the table. We make our plates and carry those to the table. This way I can put one helping on there and when it is gone I am done. I put bread and butter on the table for DH, but that doesn't tempt me. I don't eat bread with my meal unless it is a hot roll or biscuit. (then I have to be verrry careful) If I fix something for him that I know I can't have I don't have to keep looking at it on the table. LOL. Actually, he is doing quite well also except he had 2 jumbo hot dogs for lunch today from the quick mart. I passed those up and came home for another lean roast beef sandwich. He was roofing the barn though so I imagine he worked those dogs off quickly.

Can I tell you something so stupid?, but simple...and I bet I am not the only one who has this happen.... I wear a C cup and I have been lamenting that my "girls" were sure sagging. Well, this morning I got looking at my bra, and it isn't worn out, but the straps had stretched a bit. I adjusted those straps tighter and it brought my ladies up and made me look 5 pounds slimmer. Try it, you might be surprised. I have felt much more comfortable today, which makes me wonder if I have always worn my straps too long. Kind of a DUH moment.

Okay, I don't have any more words of wisdom..so I will shut up. :)

jules1216 05-24-2006 08:05 PM

Angelia--check out the Gaiam website for that DVD.

Marti--how's those arms--there are some of the arm machines at S-N-T make me want to cry and I am only on them a minute!!

Michelle ma belle-hey there!!

Alex--good luck with the WATP--sounds like Michelle and I think it was Marti like it..

Robin--glad you found the bracelet--I'm waiting to hear about your trip..

Pat--hope you make your way back to us!!

Sue--I always joke that when I get a new bra I get more of the "Have you lost weight' -- I told my DH--wouldn't those people be shocked if I replied "no--new bra--the girls are closer to where they are suppossed to be and you actually can see that I really do have a waist!!"

Jane--when I first moved in with my DH he owned an older trailer -- we made the decision for me to stay home with the kids and buy a new one instead of a house. When they pulled the old one away both my son and I cried.

Tomorrow is D-Day--DD was so worked up today she cleaned the apartment sotless!! I told her she could have come to my house too!! I am suprisingly calm--must be those B-vitamins kicking in!! Don't know if I will post tomorrow with everything going on...

da fat n da furious 05-24-2006 09:07 PM

Sue,,,yes I have always told friends to adjust their straps regularly,,,never dry them in a dryer cause that wears out the elastics. I usually wash in gently, with towels...then just let it air dry in the bathroom. And I always adjust the straps after a wash. Problem thou,,,Ive done it too much and spent the day wondering why everything is riding up.
Glad to know you aren't sore...I probably got your sore too...grrr lol

Alex have a nice date....*smile

Jane,,,well thats good that after all that you all are able to move on.

Oh Robin glad to know you found your lost bracelet

Jules, I am going to chekc that out,,,plus I do remember seeing BFL for women...want to get that too.

I can't believe how last night I just crashed and burned. Was a sleep at 6:30.. Felt oh so much better today. Need to do some paperwork for Monte and his route...yay...lol Not like I haven't spent the whole day keying things in,,,why not a few more hours...grrr
I had a 2 hour lunch today which really is harder then you think. Having to go back after is harsh. I went and bought a magnetic necklace/bracelet. sprayed some perfume on at the drug store, needed some unscented lotion. There is a woman at work who has allergies to perfumes. Which means I can't wear my new Antonio Banderas perfume...lol (which does smell very nice)

well I should get that other work done...*sigh

alextucker 05-24-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suetalks
Jane- I am glad that is done and you can remember all the memories with a smile.

Alex- I have WATP tapes and do it more when I can't get out to walk. I need to start doing both walking and the tapes. Good luck on your next date. Sounds like you have quite a nice guy.

Thanks! He is a very nice guy and I am looking forward to tomorrow night!!

I need my head examined...we were headed out the door tonight to buy an annv. gift for my secret sister when a guy I have dated before called to see what's up?? I told him I was on my way to feed the boys and shopping for the gift and he ask to tag along....I know he is not the one for me...I am in love with David, but I agreed let him tag along....ate way to much chinese food...talked laughed like before...my kids love him...DOWN SIDE..he won't or can't keep a job..and then loses everthing and starts over and it drives me crazy. I had a nice time with him...it was familiar...comfortable...BUT WRONG!! He hugged me when we got back and said I was the best friend he has ever had. ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH! Someone shoot me!!

My girls are DD and when I lose weight it is never in the cup size...the band size will go down. I have an expensive bra habit...I love pretty bras and they are much cheaper in smaller sizes....that's what I am looking forward to as I shrink.....a much prettier selection!

alextucker 05-25-2006 12:01 AM

I can't believe how last night I just crashed and burned.

It must have been in the air...I couldn't keep my eyes open last night and crashed hard...slept through the night!! A rare thing...I toss and turn all night and usually wake before the alarm....this morning I was startled awake by the alarm and couldn't believe I slept all night!! Of course it's now 11 PM and I am wide awake LOL

Jane 05-25-2006 09:36 AM

Hiya ladies,

Sue - YAY for perky "girls", lol. I watched the Oprah show all about bras, and the expert there said most women wear a too-big band with a too-small cup. Seemed to help me and the girls out, lol. I agree, buffet style dinners are best since the food isn't visible, lol. Have to admit that I serve family style, though, unless there are too many of us.

Jules - it's even hard for me to say goodbye to a car. I get somewhat sentimental about the memories of it. Silly, right? HUGS to your DD today. It will be hard for her. No chance of reconciliation, huh?

Marti - the weather really affects my moods, too. Especially in winter, when we don't get enough sun. They've even named it - SAD for seasonal affective disorder. I think our Sue has it, too. Here in Indiana, the sun is shining after horrible thunderstorms last night. YAY for the sun! :cp:

Angie - speaking of perfume, a guy clerk at Lowe's told me I smell good on Tuesday. I had a huge rhododendron in my cart, and he was helping me pick out a new weedeater. And he says, those flowers really smell good, and leaned in to smell them up close. Then he says, nope, it's not them, it must be you. I said, well, I do have some cologne on, and he says well you smell real good. I blushed like a teenager and said thank you. The fragrance is Ralph Lauren Blue for women, and I get more compliments on it than I ever did anything else. Btw, I have a book I'm almost done with, and when I finish, I'm going to send it to you. I know you'll like it.

Alex - ahhh, since you asked, I'd say for sure keep the man as just a friend. No way do you need a slacker in your life, right, and any man who won't work is a slacker. How did the date go with the other guy? We want details, lol.

Mary Kate - how are you doing today? I miss you when you don't post. :( I know it hurts your hands, though, so I understand.

I am wondering if I need to make a big project out of losing weight like I did before. Some of you remember, I made a scrapbook, totally focused on clean eating, and had such a passion for losing. I think I need to get out my top 10 reasons for losing again and make it a priority. I've been goofing around with it, and the thing is, I truly WANT to lose weight, and know the consequences of overeating but I've been doing it anyway. It's like I'm a zombie sometimes, iykwim.

On a lighter note, it's sunny and warm here, so I plan to clean out my car. I'm going to pay Katie to clean the house because I just don't want to stay in today.

Katiecat 05-25-2006 09:58 AM

Good morning ladies...

Dang it, just a quick one again, since they keep screwing around with my schedule. I have to be in so early today.

Angie, oh I miss perfume. My work has a strict "no fragrance" policy because I guess a couple of folks have allergies. But there was one supervisor who used to come in just reeking of really cheap stuff. Everyone was intimidated by her and wouldn't say anything. Thank goodness she retired! Anyway, now I only get to indulge on weekends at home.

Alex, ok, tell us how the real date went! Since the other fella said you were the best friend he ever had, I'd keep it right there in the "friend zone" and say, "Yep, I consider you a good friend, too. It definitely works best when I'm your friend, instead of your girlfriend." :D

Marti, I know there is a whole other thread on this, but I'm in a rush this morning, and want to tell you right now: :carrot: :jig: :bravo: :cp: :dance: :encore: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so proud of you for quitting smoking, and I love the great side effects you listed!!! :hug:

Jane, I so need to make a priority of this, too. I have hit a plateau the just won't budge, just teeters back and forth, and Tim has lost his motivation so a lot of times he doesn't even want to go to WW with me or stay for the meetings. I've been so down and depressed about my arm, etc, that I have just lost my focus and my...oomph? Help! Maybe you and I can buddy up a bit? If I lived by you, I'd come to your house to walk every day!

ACK! Look at the time!!! Hi to all the rest of you...gotta fly!!!

:angel:

da fat n da furious 05-25-2006 10:29 AM

Alex, you must of needed it...I know I did the same yesterday. Felt wonderful! When is your date?

Jane, AWW that is sweet that man said that. It made your day...
What book? I just got Honeymoon by Susan Eliszabeth Phillips...was on hold for months,,,5-6. Of course it would come now when I barely have time to read it bit...I will.

Katie, would it not be great if you had a voice activated computer? At home and work,,,that way you can do all the typing pain free.

Not much has happened since last night,,,did all of Monte's paperwork, didn't get my resume done Tanner needed the puter,,,and well I just made some tea and went and read for a bit,,,then before I know it its bed time.

Does anyone know how to tie dye? My friend Trish is doing Hair, and needs some hippie clothes.I told her I would tie dye her t-shirt and paint up her pants with white daisies.
I need to find time soon to go get my nails fixed,,,broke one and chipped another...and it drives me crazy...catches on everything.

well Im off to work,,,need to grab my coffee....*yawn

Marti 05-25-2006 11:19 AM

I don't have a whole lot of time to post individuals......have to meet someone this morning about a house.

But will be back to get to you all.

Just wanted to post my points really quick.

Be Back this evening!

Marti 05-25-2006 11:25 AM

LOOK-LOOK-LOOK-LOOK!!!!!

This is my 3000th post!! Lets celebrate!:carrot:

Yea, I had to come back just for that!:D

suetalks 05-25-2006 11:41 AM

Good morning...almost noon. I got the call from the dentist's office at 8 this morning and was in the chair by 8:45. I even let him grind and fill with no numbing. Wasn't bad and now I do not have to worry about more tooth breaking off. Thank goodness they had a cancellation!!
Did well eating just toast and 1/2 banana for breakfast and will be going to Friday's for lunch. I know they have some OP things, but man, is there alot of really GOOD stuff that is not OP. I will try to be good. DD and I are taking Mom to the dr. and for lunch.
Have been working on getting the sale ready and it is almost done, so tonight I will get to the rest.
Now, if I can work in a time to walk and exercise!!
I WILL.

FrouFrou 05-25-2006 03:42 PM

Hiya Chickies...

Just a quickie...very busy day today. Even though it is hot as heck outside I did enjoy being out and about.

JULES...I am loving the arm machine thing at It Figures, that and the squat thingy. Never liked squats before that but I am loving them! The arm thing feels really good on my arthritis...arm isn't hurting as bad as it did before.

JANE...gonna have to try that perfume some time. I wear Eternity and everywhere I go get compliments. Had some girl at school once sniff me like I was a dog and said that smells sooooo good, lol!

MARTI...WOOHOO, 3000 posts! You go girl! :carrot: Those stinking geese were just too mean! Been to that park a zillion times and never have any of the geese or ducks ever been mean. It was kind of funny.

ALEX...there is absolutely nothing wrong with having men friends, I know a few ladies who do, and their hubbies don't mind at all. Of course mine would be jealous but he has nothing to worry about.

Okay, sorry to cut this short but gotta go. DS is going to plant my shrub and dig up the grass around the middle tree. We are going to put brick around it and plant some lilies around it. Chat with ya soon.

Take care and HI to everyone else! :wave:

jules1216 05-25-2006 05:40 PM

Just checking in really quick--divorce hearing is over--he is responsible for all the bills left over from the marriage and courts costs. When we first went in he was standing there smiling and told DD how good she looked--DH had to run her cell phone out to the car--DH never liked the ex--always said there was something shady about him. Ex is there whining about his tranvestite landlord and saying how good he is doing as a sub-contractor --Dh started asking what he was driving and then got quiet--DD started crying and ex tries to wipe a tear from her eye and asks what's wrong she tells what do you think is wrong and not to touch her and DH tells him to just sit there and keep quiet and don't touch her again...DD goes to the bathroom to wipe her eyes and when she walks out of the bathroom DH takes her to the glass door that leads out to the parking lot and I hear them laughing and then DD and ex have to go into the judge--DH tells me and the security guard that the ex actually brough his new girlfriend with him and she's sitting out in his van--security guard says he's suprised the ex didn't bring her in--it happens all the time. DD & ex walk out and the idiot isn't even smart enough to let us go to our cars first and leave-DH let him have it went off about everything including bringing the new girlfriend--told him that you reap what you sow and everything he is doing will catch up to him one day. DD is actually glad he brought the new girlfriend that looks really young too--she said she got the closure she needs and can move on now.

Gotta go-hubby needs to use the phone!!

Jane 05-25-2006 07:31 PM

Hi ladies,

Mary Kate - I so wish you did live close to me. We could go walking everyday. That would be awesome! Maybe we can do a cyber walk and meet halfway, lol.

Angie - the book is called Breakdown Lane, and the style of writing is something you'd like, I believe. I used to tie dye tshirts in the 60's with my best friend, lol. Basically, you pull up a wad of cloth, tie rubber bands around it in 2 o 3 places, move to another wad of cloth, and do the same. Continue like that around the shirt, then dip the shirt in dye water. You can use more than one color, but be careful Also, make sure you don't get big bullseyes right over the chest area, lol. You ought to Google it so you can get photos.

Marti - tell us about the house!

Sue - I always feel better after I leave the dentist, don't you? How'd you do at Fridays? You're on such a roll I bet you did fine.

Jules - aww, this day was a sad one for your DD, but it sounds like she's better off w/o him. What a creep, to bring the new girlfriend to the courthouse! Yay for your DH, giving the ex a piece of his mind.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I ended up going to Evansville with my sister today. I needed 10 nice placemats for when my cousin visits from KY in a couple of weeks. Macy's had just what I was looking for, and on sale, too. I also got a sign for the yard. It is yellow and black, like an official warning sign, and says, "SLOW... Grandparents at Play. tee hee

Gotta run!

suetalks 05-25-2006 10:56 PM

Good evening. It just stopped storming and seems calm for now. I am off to bed in a minute as I have about worn myself out this week. This garage sale is killing me..and it hasn't even started yet.
I did OK at Friday's. My lunch had asparagus, zuchinni, yellow squash, red peppers and portobello mushroom cut in large chunks and grilled. There was a serving of pasta under all this. A veggie (vinagrette) sauce came in a cup on the side, but really with the grilling the veggies were very tasty. I didn't eat all of the vegetables and only a little of the pasta. I was wondering about the sauces and marinades, but really enjoyed the veggies and didn't feel deprived. Just to be on the safe side calorie wise I ate a very light dinner. No calorie info on Friday's web site.
I am going to be busy tomorrow and Sat. running our garage sale...and I wish it were over. I don't know how I let DH talk me into this as I had said many years ago that I would never have another sale.

Jules- Bless your DD for all she had to endure today. I have been there and done that and it was one of the hardest days of my life. I thought about her..and I am proud of how you all got through it.

Jane- I just felt relief to have my tooth fixed. I was so afraid that I would get a toothache before they got me in to repair it. AND I can chew on that side again without worrying if my tooth is going to break off. The dentist actually said the piece that broke off was what he would have had to grind of anyway...whew!

Cristina- Now you are doing lanscaping too? I am so jealous. We won't get to do much of that until next Spring. I am sure not doing anything else at this house.

Angie- I remember the tie dye days..and even did shirts, but I can't remember anything except wrapping the shirt with rubber bands.

Marti- I am also curious to hear about the house....Wow..3000, I will just call you "Chatty Cathy."

Mary Kate- Hope you have luck in getting back on track. I can imagine how your arm problems would de-rail you. Some times it is just hard to get motivated. I would love to walk with you and Jane, but hey, I am a lot closer to Jane than to you. LOL.. ALthough I will be in your state at some point this Fall to help nurse my DD after surgery. She is in Santa Rosa now.

Off to bed ........ Happy long week-end to you all.

luckycharm 05-26-2006 12:16 AM

Hello everyone

Just popping in really quickly to read what everyone has been up to lately.

Tonight was swimming lesson night for DS#2. It is a parent - little guy lesson. DH usually goes but he has been out of town working so DS#1 took him swimming. It was so cute to watch them both in the lesson. Then after swimming, my friend and I took the boys (her son is 4) to the movie Over The Hedge. It was a pretty funny movie.

Sorry that I don't have time to do individuals, but I do want to say to Marti congratulations. And Way to Go. We are all so proud of you.

And Jules so sorry that it was such a hard day for your DD. I am glad that he has to pay the bills and the court costs.

Well I must run sooo a great big hello and a :grouphug: to you all.
Have a great evening.

Kathy

da fat n da furious 05-26-2006 01:53 AM

What a day!

Jane, I laughed when you said you bought a sign,,,grandparents at play...love it!

Miss Marti,,,happy 3000th post!

Jules,,,Im happy for your DD but at the same time sad that at such a young age she has already had to have that heart ache. The Ex=Butthead.

Sue,,,I just read part of the post you wrote about your tooth,,,good to hear. Id just be now coming out of my drug stupor if it was me.

Kathy,,,that must of been cute with your DSs in lessons together.

Today was our 20th anniversary,, Monte brought home the most beautiful bouqet of roses, both pink and red. Plus a GC for my favorite shop. I was hoping he wouldn't buy anything but a card so we could save the money for our trip. I now only need to find someplace for Tanner while we are gone...not going to trust Brandon again...
I tie dyed 3 tees and the bottoms cuffs of a pair of jeans. I ironed on some huge colorful daisies,,,and then drew leaves and vines to connect them. On the tie dyed jeans I wrote make love not war down the side of one leg,,,and on the butt I wrote Peace Baby.
My last computer class was tonight,,,I love Powerpoint! Way too much fun.
It was so cold and rainy this afternoon,,,started off warm. Talked with some customer from Barrhead and he told me it was raining heavy...and 3 hours later it was a big down pour...well Im not all that crazy about it but it does water the flowers and lawns...and keeps the dust allergies at bay.

off to bed I go,,,night all!

Jane 05-26-2006 07:01 AM

TGIF!!

Sue - yay for doing so well at Fridays. There really is healthy food at most restaurants if we look for it. Ah, the sale will be over before you know it, and then all of us here will remind you, in the future, to have any more, lol. I have given up on them, too. But good luck with it anyway.

Cristi - we lost our butterfly bush when Neal pulled up the clothesline posts, which is where it was. The nursery I go to was out of them, too, so I'll get one next year.

Kathy - good to see you again! My DS and Gina are taking their 2 kids to see Over the Hedge. It has good reviews so far.

Angie - well, Happy Anniversary, a day late. Monte did good! I have to admit that I love GCs, too. And I recently told the kids that we Neal and I don't want them to spend their money on us, but that we would like GCs to restaurants if they insist on doing something. We both like to eat out. Did you mention what the 60s clothes are for? Wish I'd saved some of my stuff from then. Not that it would fit now, anyway, but Katie could wear it. She loves vintage clothes. Will you be taking any more classes?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I woke early to use the br and couldn't get back to sleep, so I've been up since 4:30. Hate when that happens! Madison is coming to visit with me today, and I'll probably nap when she does, lol.

This will be a busy weekend for me, since Neal's brother from Louisiana will be here Sunday. We're having burgers and the regular side dishes, with a couple of healthier ones thrown in, too. But it will still be a challenge to me to stay OP.

Have a good day! :hug:

Marti 05-26-2006 09:37 AM

Good Morning!

I'm still sleepy...it's barely 6:30 and I got to bed at 1:30 last night, I'm thinking I need to get a bit more sleep before I start my day.

I need to clarify what I did yesterday. James & I went to talk to a loan/broker woman to see about getting approval for a loan to get house. So we didn't actually look at houses........just spoke w/her about getting a loan. Shouldn't have any problems to get the approval. Now to just sign the papers.

We want to move a bit closer to where everything is. Will save us money in the long run and we'll finally have the house we've been wanting to buy.

Alrighty ladies...sorry for no individuals this morning...but I'm hoping back into bed for an hour.

Hugs!:hug:

Michelle 05-26-2006 09:40 AM

ANGIE...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! We had our 20th last year, and the time does go by VERY fast!;) :hug:

Michelle 05-26-2006 09:43 AM

MARTI...Have you been able to do any more WATP videos? If so, how are you liking them? I've been out of the routine for about a month now, and I'm starting my workouts again today, but for only about four times a week to start out.:o

Michelle 05-26-2006 11:41 AM

Well I just got done doing my WATP and I feel so much better now. I also weighed in for the week and I'm down 3 pounds. Have a great Friday!;)

Marti 05-26-2006 02:13 PM

Hello! Slept for another hour. Feel better. Already have the exercise in for today!!:carrot:

Today I'm leaving for work an hour later. A new girl started recently and the girl who she usually works w/at night is off. So I'm staying an hour later to help out. But instead of giving me an hour of OT....I need to come in later. Strange eh? I may just go in on time anyway.

Going to try and get my individuals in....

Sue--Happy to hear that you got your tooth fixed! Better to have it fixed before it gets painful. Nothing is more miserble than tooth pain. I'm a veggie lover here...and your grilled veggies sounded so GOOD!! I have yet to try to grill my veggies.....but plan on doing it soon.

Jules--My arms were a bit achy but not as bad as I was expecting. I love to work on my legs more than my arms...but I should really work on those more too! Your DD deserves so much more. How disrespectful to bring your new girlfriend!! Hugs to her!:hug:

Angie--Happy Anniversary to you!! Sorry I'm a day late! The roses sounded beautiful!! When are you going on a trip and where are you going?? (you know I have to live through you and Katie when it comes to exciting vacations....so far I've been to Cuba and Ireland!):D Now to actually go!

Alex--How was the date w/your current sweetheart?? Or have you had it yet?? I think remaining "friends" w/the ex is a great idea too. My ex (husband) was just like that. couldn't keep a job. Got us no where!

Jane--We're having the opposite. We're having lots of rain and thunder and lightening storms here. Nothing huge mind you,but still. Compared to just a couple weeks ago when we were having record highs! Crazy I tell you. I think I would like to do the same thing you plan on doing...the scrapbook thing. Just something to keep me going and to track myself. Something personal. Will figure something out this weekend. Which will be Sunday since thats the only day off this weekend I have.

Katie--Thank you for the congrats! I feel really good about it. Since Jane is a lot farther....just come up north a little nad walk w/me!!:) I think the cyber walk sounds like a fun little plan......maybe we should figure something out.

Cristi--Did I miss something? Are you keeping the house now?? If we find a house, I want to pretty it up some and put roses out. I'm determined to find some "Josephs coat" roses. Love those. Just may have James dig the one up here and take it w/me.

Kathy--Thank you!! As I've mentioned I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. And the great responses from all you gals just makes it that much more worth it!!

Michelle--I'm really liking the WATP dvds. I don't have this book that I've heard about though. Where would I get one? Do you have one?? I believe Cristi had one.....
(Cristi: where did you get the book? ) Congrats on the 3lbs gone!! Thats fabulous!! I'm too chicken to get on the scales at work....and have been procrastinating. I'm afraid its up!!

Hello to anyone I may have missed!!

Well I really need to get myself cleaned up a bit. You all have a great Friday!!

Michelle 05-26-2006 02:41 PM

MARTI...I got the WATP book when I joined the Walk Club website, but I have seen them at Target and Walmart. The hardback edition comes with a 1 mile dvd workout in the back of the book. There is a lot of good info in the book.:^: