Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #46  
GmaTo8

Good Saturday morning,

Michelle - yay for the 3 pounds lost! You're doing well with the exercise, too.

Angie - the shirts and jeans sound neat. Or should I say Groovy, Man! Your vacation plans would be better if you were coming to Indiana, lol. Neal's eye is almost back to normal. Thanks for asking. My cousin and her DH are coming next weekend. I'm having them here for a dinner Saturday night, and then Sunday is our family reunion. A total food nightmare!! Btw, I just finished that book I told you about and will send it next week.

Marti - Oic about the house info. How exciting! Will that put you closer to Jhanai, too? About work, well, at least you have tomorrow off. Did you end up making any kind of plans for the holiday? Dale is still in Mississippi, but his parents showed up for the weekend. Oh joy!

Alex - did you know that after you hit the reply button (not quick reply), and the screen comes up, you can scroll down and see what everyone posted? That could help you, if you didn't already know that. Sounds like a nice time with David. Is he someone your kids would like?

Julie - is your DD doing ok?

Hello to everyone else.

Well, I'm in a hurry since there's so much to do for tomorrow's party. Paul dropped by on his way from the airport, and it was sure good to see him. Too bad more of Neal's family members aren't so sweet, lol. Neal is working on making a screened-in patio, and I can hardly wait for it to be finished. The view is breathtaking!

Btw, we're having trouble with the internet again. Katie is about to pull her hair out and is going to call the company on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

Not much going on. Did some yard work before it got too hot...hate the heat! Now, just getting ready to start dinner and feed the puppy dog. There's a movie on HBO I want to watch later and then will read some. Still working on Marley and Me, lol! But getting it read, cute book. Of course if it were me...I would have already gotten rid of that crazy dog! Should have it done by Monday and then start on Mary Higgins Clark. Anywhoo...

MARTI...everyone here is working too! Well, just V and Jason. Josh went fishing at the lake with the recruiter, Blake. At least he is doing something fun. But hey, you are right...lots of overtime looks good when applying and getting a house. Can't wait to hear about you looking at houses. I am so happy for you and James, and Jhanai of course. Is school out for her yet? Can't remember...

MICHELLE...GREAT pic of you! Hope you leave this avatar up for a while. I like all of them but the ones of you girls and you are the best! How are you doing with the WATP?

JULES...hope you are having a wonderful weekend and DD is doing fine.

JANE...glad to hear Neal's eye is better. Hope you enjoy your weekend with family!

ALEX...glad you guys had a nice evening out. Been a long time since I was on a motorcycle but I do remember it being fun! DH would never ride one so the chances of me ever getting on one again are very slim.

HI SUE, MARYKATE, KATHY and MINDEE! Hope all is well with you Mindee and you guys are getting settled in your new place.

That's about all I have...hope everyone has a GREAT Memorial weekend!
Old 05-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #48  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Good Afternoon...My daughter and I had to go down to Verizon to see about my cell phone, because I've only had it for five months now, and the battery is starting to not hold a charge very long. They added a new programming to my phone and told me to try it out for a couple of days, and if I'm still having problems, to bring it back in for an exchange. I told them the price of gas alone to keep running down there will be too expensive. Then we went to Walmart to get a few things, including a hair color that I just finished doing on my daughter's hair. She has very dark brown hair, and we put a deep burgandy/mahogany color in it; it really does look very pretty. I was also looking for a new digital camera, but a little confused as to which ones are the best, so I'm going to talk with my older daughter about her new one that her husband just got her for her birthday.

ANGIE...Thanks for your kind words. The exercise is starting to already help me.

MARTI...Yes, it's me in the avatar, and I don't like my pictures at all, but so many people are putting their pictures on here, and it's kinda nice to have a face go with a post. I hope to get a better one when I get my new camera.

JANE...Thank you also for your kind and encouraging words. I hope you get your internet problem worked out! That would be very frustrating!

CRISTINA...Thanks for the compliment and kind words. I love the WATP and it's helping me to start feeling better already. It's very cold and rainy here, as I've had to turn the heat back on for the past couple of days.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

Jane - thanks for the reply help...I didn't know that

Michelle - A friend of mine had a similar problem with a Verizon Phone and she had to get a new battery, but because it was less than a year old they replaced it for free. She also had to get her ear piece replaced due to a loose wire.

Marti - Your the second person that has warned me about dating...and when my kids start dating. We were at the ball field and my 11 yr old and I were walking along and talking when I realized I was alone...I lost him about even with the girls field...a blonde was batting named Karly...then I noticed Karly was at his next game sitting watching him play. I am not ready for dating teenagers....I am just getting the hang of this myself! I got married at 18and stayed that way for 10 years...never really dated before marriage. I was involved in to many sports and school activities to have time to date. There was a large group of us girls and guys that never seemed to have to couple up...we just enjoyed each other's company. I have been divorced for 6 years now and I just all of the sudden think something's missing.

I got out my WATP DVD's, but I ended up walking on the treadmill using the belt...what ever works I guess!!

The pool officially opened here today. We went for about 2 hours this afternoon. Everyone is a little pink even with sunscreen and worn out. I am planning to swim for an hour everday at lunch and then leave the boys for another hour or so...they will call when they are watered out! It's nice to live in a small enough town that I can leave them at the city pool for hours without worrying. Even at this size...I love the water and the diving boards. I got mixed reactions from my kids. When their friends think I am cool for diving and flipping off the boards then it's OK with them....Then they have their moments when they wish I would just go sit with the other MOM's! I was on a swim team and a lifeguard in high school and college and just can't seem to get it out of my system...even at 35.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #50  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Whew! Am I ever ready to get my butt in bed. I am just worn out. Two days of garage sale duty in this heat and humidity have done me in. I still have odds and ends to clean up out there, but it can wait till tomorrow.
DH worked at the lot today and he is also worn out. This age thing is the pits...lol, you know..getting older.

Have nothing planned for tomorrow except my normal, reading the news and drinking coffee in the a.m. and maybe being lazy all day. (one can hope) Mon. we are going to Mom's for lunch and will spend the afternoon. Then back to the grind of trying to get the house spruced up. I did paint one wall in the kitchen Thurs. so I think all my paint is touched up. My DGS is spending the night so I will clean the guest room again Tues.

I am glad everyone seems to be doing well and hope you are all enjoying the week-end. I just have no stamina for individuals tonight. Sorry..and nite nite.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #51  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals and dolls!

Work went by a lot faster than I expected! There was only the two of us because weekends are slower, but man...we each only got a 20mins break!! Constant work coming in that were STAT orders! Crazy. Glad it's over.

Jane--Moving would have me closer to Jhanai. I'm not sure which direction we will be moving to. But either way we'll be closer. I want to see this breathtaking view of yours!! Have a photo??

Cristi--Jhanai will be out of school in the middle of June. She's not ready to be out....too social!

Michelle--I like your photo. And you're right, it is nice to have a face w/the post. I had my photo up before, but it's so small. If I can figure out how to create my advatar w/o it being so small...I may post it back on.

Alex--My DD is 11, will be 12 next month. She's always hanging out w/the boys. So far it's just her friends....but soon....it'll be more. So I need to keep my eye on her!! I was married just after I turned 19, and we were together for about 10yrs also. Been married to my hubby now for 2yrs..together almost 8.( All that time added up....makes me feel old.

Sue--My plans for tomorrow are to relax!! Do absolutely nothing!! Of coarse I'm sure I'll end up doing something.....Send some of that heat and sun my way!!

Hello to everyone else out there!!

I need to eat dinner. Hungry!

Hugs to all!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #52  

Height: 5'1"

We're at the end!! Head on over to #193!!
Closed Thread