Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #191

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies.

We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles. And we also find time for some chitchatting!
So please, won't you join us??
Old 05-20-2006, 08:01 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning Ladies,

Katiecat - did they ever find anything for you to do at work, or are you being of lady of leisure, drawing workman's comp? Hope you aren't in too much pain, sweetie.

Marti - yay for Jhanai having a job already! What initiative! When I was 11, all I did was babysit. No, Katie isn't even sure where she wants to work. She picked up some applications, though. She's enjoying the time off, after working so many hours a week.

Angelia - miss you and hope all is well.

Michelle - yep, I'm doing WW again. It's the only plan that's flexible enough for me. If a person plans ahead, no event or meal is out of the question. If you're interested, let me know if you need any help, and I'm here for you, ok?

Sue - don't get me started on the phone company! They were so late showing up to hook up our phone, that they gave us 2 $25.00 credits on our bill. We ended up hooking several loooong cords together from the old house to the new one to use until they showed. I was not a happy camper, lol.

Jules - your DH sounds like Neal. When he needs to go to the doctor, I just about have to force him. Then he's always glad he went. He is scheduled for a sleep evaluation next month, and fought that like crazy. I think he finally agreed to do it to shut me up, lol.

Cristina - enjoy your son! I know you will. Katie's first few days home were busy with catching up with her friends. Actually, she's still doing that. The balloons sound like such a cool idea. What did he think of them?

Robin - sorry I spaced it, but when are you leaving for the Macinaw trip? Sounds like loads of fun. I sent Neal on a scavenger hunt when we were newly married. I was at the end of it, at a very nice hotel. I had packed his clothes for him, and arranged for my sister to watch the kids. We had so much fun! Anyway, did Robin O decide to stay home, or at least on the bus?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Ahhhh, I don't have anything planned for today, other than normal Saturday stuff. I feel like I've been meeting myself coming and going, and am going to enjoy the day.

I'm going to look for a recipe for low-cal apple crisp. Katie has asked for it, for Sunday's dessert, and I know I can substitute light margarine for the butter, but what about the brown sugar? The low-cal substitutes for that are awful, imho. I may just make cooked apples with cinnamon and Spenda, and serve it with FF Cool Whip.

Have a good day, friends,
Old 05-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Jules ~ Chinese food is my biggest temptation and downfall! I know it CAN be healthy, but my favorites there are the pork fried rice, fried shrimp, and fried sesame seed mar far chicken; see everything is FRIED! Are you still writing everything you eat down, and if so, are you noticing a difference yet? I just weighed myself today and I'm back OP, because I want this weight off by the end of next May!

Jane ~ I have never tried WW before, but I've heard very good reviews about it. I did go online and check it out for the online version. I thought about doing that, but it's still pretty spendy, so I'm back to counting calories again. Hope you can relax a little today!

Last edited by Michelle; 05-20-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

Michelle ma belle--my fave chinese is moo shu with either chicken or just veggies--I usually also get a side of fried rice or lo mein in all their greasy glory!!

Jane--Neal and Jerry do sound alike when it comes to doctors--when he says he needs to go I am right on it before he changes his mind and I go with him because he says he feels better when I go---aw sweet huh!!

Well I can't stay on long--DD, DS & gf and another friend are on their way to a concert in DC--along with two more car loads--they are going to stop at the Shady Grove metro station and ride the metro instead of actually driving into DC and finding parking. I need to not have the phone ring busy if they need us!!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good sunny morning to you all. After all that rain I was wondering if I could ever say that again. I haven't been to the new lot today, but hope the muddy ruts dry up for those guys by Mon. Of course, DH is over there already, working on his barn.

Jules- Yes, I am in IN and I am closer to Indy than I am to our Ms. Jane. I know what you mean about not tying up the phone lines. Any time we are expecting a call or the kids are on the road I can't get online. I am dreaming of a cable modem someday.... (oh, my DH is also Jerry)

Jane- I was more fond of the old "small town" phone companies. The ones that you talked to a live person and they knew of any local problems. They also came out, usually that day. Some times progress seems like it is realy setting us back. AND they think everyone has a cell phone which they can put on hold forever. We have a pay as you go cell that we use for traveling emergencies only. I don't give the number out simply because we never leave it on. They asked me several times if I had a number where I could be reached..I said "NO, I will be at home. My phone is out of order." DUH.

Michelle- Although I am not tempted by Chinese, I am tempted by FRIED. Luckily I haven't done any of that this week. My downfall for the week was pizza, but I had eaten okay the rest of the day...and had no snack last night. So I don't feel too badly about it. (I was kicking myself last night) but today is another day. All we can do is vow to try, right?

I have some household chores today (don't we always?) Also trying to get things out and ready for a sale for next week-end. DH is going to play cards for the evening so I will do some shopping later today and possibly take myself out for dinner. I have been wanting to try a new Panera Bread (?) and have been told that DH probably won't like it....so I might stop there on my jaunt. We have to go to a nearby town for most of our errands and there are plenty of food choices along the way. (some days that is a bad thing....)

Have fun ladies and I will talk to you later.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #6  
ugggg.....

Sue--back on real quick since they have made it to DC!! That's two funny that both our Dh'S are Jerry's and creative yours with wood and mine with metal (and engines) My DH suprised me with a yellow rose made out of metal scraps that he welded together and painted after an especially hard day. As far as fried--as a latch key kid I grew up on soda & chips and everything fried!!!

I love Panera Bread--my favorite is the greek salad and the french onion soup. There website give you nutritional info--I was suprised at the calories but we usually have a light breakfast and dinner on Panera Bread lunch days because a whole salad fills you up!!

Since we are sticking close to the house and phone I may be back!!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies...

Not a lot of time to post today as I need to get breakfast started for my family. Pancakes! I love pancakes and never make them.....so I decided that it's time to make some!

We had rain yesterday.....so everything is damp. But the sun it out today.

What are everyones plans for Memorial Day weekend? I had volunteered to work a few hours on Monday just to get a little overtime....and the stinkers decided that that weekend would also be my scheduled weekend to work!! So now I work on Saturday all day and a few hours on Monday. Some weekend! Not looking forward to it at all!

Ok....gotta get outta here!

Hugs to you all and individuals next time.....maybe by Monday since I have to have computer time in spurts!
Old 05-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #8  
a work in progress

Hullo, and happy Saturday

Much happier for me than yesterday. I woke up yesterday morning with the bladder infection from ****! ACK!!! Actually was up all night Thursday, just about every hour on the hour, and finally called the advice nurse at 5 am in tears. Fortunately she was able to diagnose over the phone and get an Rx called in to the pharmacy. Still not feeling peachy, but much better than yesterday. Definitely getting my water intake in And lots and lots of cranberry juice.

We went to a play last night, called "The Sugar Bean Sisters". Goofy play about two crazy sisters that live in a swamp in Florida, with romance, murder, and alien abduction -- weird, but lots of fun. Angie, the set, costumes, and props were all really well done, I thought of all the hard work you've done behind the scenes for so many plays.

Jane, ask and you shall receive. I found a WW Apple Crisp recipe that doesn't call for sugar substitute. I'll post it on the recipe thread. They sent me home on Monday, said there was nothing for me to do, didn't call me all week, then finally called on Thursday and said they have light duty work for Friday and all next week. After that I should be back on the phones, doctor is just requiring a 5-10 min break every half hour to rest my arm.

Cristina, bet you are having lots of fun with your son! What did he think of the balloons?

Jules, never tried Panera Bread, but I've heard they are really good -- will have to check out the points on their website first, though! My favorite lunch spot right now is Dos Coyotes. They make a Yin Yang salad with grilled chicken, jicama, red peppers...so good! I have the asian dressing on the side and just use a little, but I should check to see if they have nutrition info on their website. For home, I actually love Berstein's Light Fantastic Oriental dressing. Thanks for the info on B vitamins -- the surgery I had was for radial tunnel, but the dr. saw the beginnings of carpal tunnel problems, too, so I will try that. I should be taking my vitamins for the challenge, anyway, hmm?

Michelle, check out the recipe thread -- I recently posted a recipe for chicken fried rice that is really good, and pretty lowfat/lowcal. You could easily substitute lean pork, like a boneless chop sliced up into small pieces, for the chicken. If you really crave Chinese food, I can look for some other recipes to try...

Marti, yeah, my Memorial Day weekend plans are shot, too. We were going to go away, since it was supposed to be my Friday off (I work 9 hour days to get every other Friday off). But since the keep messing with my schedule, I have to work the 26th, so we cancelled our reservations in Fort Bragg *sigh* Probably just as well, should save our money since we just spent $1200 on the termite company yesterday, ouch! I am sorry you have to work most of the weekend, though! Hope they pay you very well for Monday.

Sue, really frustrating to lose service due to storms Glad you are back up and running though. We have cable modem, and have lost service a lot lately, even had problems with the cable TV. grrr...

Robin, have a great time in Mackinac, thanks for keeping your eyes open for that hat!

Lazy Saturday, didn't make it to WW because I still felt too crummy to roll out of bed at 6am. I HAVE to go to the bank this morning, and I think we will go to Benihana for lunch, but not planning any other errands. Gonna stay home and relax and drink my cranberry juice! Take care everyone, and see you soon...

Katiecat
Old 05-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #9  

Well....neither wants to get up today!! So I decided to peak in to try and do some individual chatting!!

Jane--Now....if you're having everything else in the recipe low cal or healthy, would having just normal brown sugar really make a difference? Maybe that's my problem when I try to make something healthy. I figure "Hey, most of it is low cal, low fat, this one item isn't going to hurt if it's high in what ever it may be" Did any of that make sense??? Apple Crisp sounds SO good. I haven't had some in so long!

Michelle--I LOVE chinese food and it's so hard to deny myself of any of it! I love all the stuff you listed and more. And afterwards I feel so bloated and fat from all the sodium I just devoured!! I've been watching my calories lately too. It's just something I need to do. Let's count calories together. Now...to get in more exercise. I just received WATP dvd's. I'm going to start them on Monday and see what I think of them.

Sue--I've never heard of Panera bread. What's it taste like? I'm a bread lover! That is one downfall that I have. Especially freshly baked bread. I didn't even really discover this about myself until recently when we didn't have bread in the house and I was having some kind of bizarre bread withdrawl. Then I had to think of how often I eat it. A lot! Need to limit myself.

Jules--I love greek salad and onion soup! I have been wanting to find a good recipe for onion soup so I can make it myself. But haven't found one yet. Well...I have recipes, but silly me goes by the way the photo looks and if it's not appealing looking I won't make it! Crazy I know.

Katie--So sorry about the Bladder infection! I know how painful those are! Working next weekend is a bummer for me...when I could of had a three day weekend, I only get one day off. NO fair. How is your arm doing today?

Well hey...one member is up so I need to get off of here. Hubby wants the computer.

chat w/you all later!
Old 05-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Well, Josh is home. Made it to and fro the airport with not problems and no traffic, everything is hunky dory! And Josh loved the balloons! The cake and everything! Since V had to go into work early this a.m (he's my walking partner on the weekend) Josh went in his place. He had planned on getting up to go jogging and I told him I go walk at 6. He said that will do and he'll go. He's going to go tomorrow to. V said he would go if Josh doesn't want to but I thought it would be great to let him sleep in. He's worked so much this past week he deserves it. Anyway, just been spending the day with Josh. He is enjoying being home and I know these two weeks are going to fly by We just got back from the movie. Went to see Scary Movie 4, goofy movie. Going to BBQ at about 6 or 6:30. Made a potato salad earlier and bought a seedless watermelon, yummy to my tummy! I love watermelon! He's taking a nap right now which is good because they got them up early yesterday morning. He was 3 hours from LAX and was at the airport at 6:30 and on the plane at 7:30 and didn't go to bed until about midnight last night. Just good to have him home.

JANE...the apple crisp sounds good! Bet you are loving Katie being home.

MARYKATE...sorry about the bladder infection. I've never had one myself but my sister used to get them bad and I saw the pain she went through with them.

JULES...thank you for the card! That was cute! I wouldn't even wear a thong though at my size, lol! Not sure I would wear one if I was skinny!

MARTI...I'll have to go back and read the other thread to see what kind of job Jhanai has. Good for her though, such a sweetie she is. Did you get those pancakes this morning? We don't have plans for Memorial weekend but I am sure we will be doing some type of yard work and BBQ'ing.

SUE...I've never tried Panera bread either but have heard good things about it on the radio station I listen to. Going to have to go in there sometime.

MICHELLE...I never used to be a fan of chinese food but like some of it now. When I was younger I never ventured out to try new things but now I do.

HI to everyone else!

Need to get going and do some more posting and finish my bedroom off. V is going to kill me because he is tired of painting but...we are going to have to change our bathroom, lol. The bedding we just got is magnolias and I don't think the pink bath with the big roses complements it. So thinking a cream color in the bath with green/sage rugs, valance and the magnlioa border that matches the comforter and valances in the bedroom. It looks so much better than the other one, the one I took back, ick. Anyway, take care ladies and have a good weekend!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:59 PM   #11  

Jules ~ I'm also tempted with fried foods! See why I've got problems?

Katiecat ~ I will check out that receipe, but I will use chicken breast meat, because that sounds really good! We also have Benihana here, but I've never been there.

Marti ~ Chinese food does make me feel really bloated, and I have sodium retention for a couple of days afterwards. I don't know why I keep going back for it, but it's just so darn good! I'm happy you got some WATP videos and are going to try them out! They are GREAT!

Cristina ~ See what you've been missing for so long by not wanting chinese food; the bloating and sodium retention LOL. I'm so glad Josh made it home safely, and it's so nice that you and him can go on walks together and have some mother/son time alone.

Hello to everyone else and hope you're all having a good evening!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening. Well, I still haven't tried Panera Bread. I ended up not going to that area. So, I can't answer any questions about the place.
I spent a good portion of time this evening making DH a cd of photos of the house progress. I had to line up all the photos and caption each one. I had been unloading the digital on the computer every day or two. Then we had a roll of film in the regular camera, so I had to scan some of those and put them into the order. Finally got April and May all in order and loaded on the cd. Now I hope I can remember to keep taking pictures.

Also spent about an hour talking to my CA DD. We talk a couple times a week, but briefly. So tonight was a treat. Her DH was fixing dinner while we gabbed. She has found out she needs surgery (hysterectomy) and will find out a date after her appt. with a surgeon. She has known this was coming for years, actually had put it off once so she could have DGS. Then she seemed to be better for awhile after his birth. Now she can't get out of it however. I had told her that I would come and be with her afterward to take care of DGS and help her out. Well, that was when she was single and needed me more. I didn't know if she still wanted me to come or not, but tonight she said "yes, please." So I will be doing that and she thinks it will be Sept. I hope it is not earlier than that as we will be moving at some point. Oh well, things have a way of working out.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I have no plans, but I am sure we will clean more closets & shelves. I have a nice stash of goodies for our sale and we haven't even gotten to the attic and barn yet.

Talk soon.....
Old 05-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies...

Was up bright and early for my 3 mile walk. Ya know...some days I just dread getting up so early. I don't dread the walk at all, just getting up at that time. I miss my sleeping in on Sunday mornings but at the same time, I like getting it out of the way first thing. It's done and over and I can get on with the day so...

MICHELLE...guess I don't know what I am missing, lol! But I do like Chinese food. DS#1 and I plan on going on a lucnh date in a while and eating chinese. I can't remember the last time I had it. But all this talk about it is making me want it! I am trying to spend as much time as possible with Josh (DS#2) while he is home, I actually think he is enjoying it too! I know next week he will be off doing other things so will enjoy it while I can.

SUE...glad DD took you up on your offer of helping her out, that way she can take it easy and relax and you get to visit so you both win. Sept. seems like a long time to wait though. Great idea making CD's of your house pix. Do you guys have an estimated date as to when your house will be finished?

Hi to everyone else

Nothing much on the agenda for today. Have some cleaning to catch up on and I AM going to do some reading! Really am behind on that. I stated once that I was aiming for 3-4 books a month, can't remember it's been so long. But I haven't even read one book that last two months! And I LOVE to read! Plus I just got a few new books and am anxious to get started on them. V gave me a gift card from Barnes & Noble. Anyway...take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 05-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #14  

Morning!!

Oh how I LOVE getting up earlier now and actually having a weekend!! I feel spoiled!

Cristina--Jhanai will be helping out by price tagging and folding clothes. It's a 2nd hand clothes shop for kids. And if there is anything she see's and likes...she can have it. (a bonus there!)

Michelle--I just seen in your signature that you do the WATP! Do you really enjoy them?? Do you use them everyday? I got the idea to get them from Cristina! Then a friend gave me the dvd's, so I'm anxious to try them out!

Sue--What a busy job putting photos in order!! Do you have a time when you think the house will be done?? James and I have been talking and have decided that we need to move closer to where we work....gas at $3.00 or more a gallon is just too much! Plus we'd be so close to everything. We're hoping to find a house by fall. We're already getting the information w/getting a loan. Would love to have a house built though! Someday maybe.

Hello to the rest of you gals out there!! Hope you're having a lovely Sunday.

My plans today are to take it easy. I do have some laundry to catch up on but that's about it.

Better get Jhanai up. She was wanting to sleep in today...but she'll have a hard time getting up tomorrow if I don't get her up now!!

Hugs to all!
Old 05-21-2006, 02:22 PM   #15  

Cristina ~ Great job getting your 3 mile walk in so early this morning! Have fun going out for chinese food today and enjoy!

Marti ~ I'm always up early now on the weekends. Sometimes I wish I could sleep in, but I just can't seem to do it anymore! I do love WATP and I have about 12-13 of them. I was in a good habit with them 6 days a week, but have slacked off the past 3 weeks, but I will get back to them. They are my favorites and the only thing that I do work out to!

Sue ~ I hope your DD surgery goes good. I had a hysterectomy last year, March 2005, and it's the best thing that I've ever done! The recovery is a little slow, but oh how good you feel later!
Closed Thread