3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ~~ The Thin Group #60 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/8414-%7E%7E-thin-group-60-%7E%7E.html)

Dreamer 08-21-2001 11:20 PM

Quick msg

Guess what? I'm back in my pre-pregnancy clothes! Alright not all of them, but tried on my work clothes and quite a few fit. And I'm in my pre-pgy jeans right now (not my goal pair though, I had put on some weight b4 I got pregnant so they are a while off yet).

Anyways just need to write this down to encourage myself - very hard to stick to being healthy right now. I go back to work in 5.5weeks, I have major Uni papers due and Charlie is waking up 3 times a night again to be fed so I've no time or energy to do said Uni work!

Ah I whinge, sorry.

Jo - so sorry about having to postpone your holiday! Unbelieveable that you'd be hit with jury duty then....

Judy - my thoughts are with you {{{Judy}}}

Love to all, gotta go research!
Sam

CJ 08-22-2001 12:03 AM

short but sweet ....

Hi ... have a few minutes to post - seems I am always in a hurry anymore! WE are home for just 2 days ... came home to pick up mail (bills! bills!) and some more $$$$$$$$ - then back up to the cabin Thursday (after my WW meeting). Dick's first 2 pension checks just arrived (been waiting since June 29th). Takes a little long for those 1st checks to start coming ... will be here the 1st of the month from now on ... our cking accounts (down here and up north) were getting pretty slimmmmmmm! We already dipped into our savings once - thought we were going to have to do it again but the checks came thru! Havent been on the internet fromthe cabin much ... having some problems with my new computer shutting down all the time ... think we are getting small power surges that is shutting me down ... Dick is going to have to hook me up a separate plugin just for my computer that does not share with anything else. Computers are so darn sensitive! So, as soon as he gets me fixed up there, then I should be all set. Brought the computer back home with us for our friend to check out, but it is working fine down here ... Well, that is a relief that there is nothing wrong with the computer anyway ... since the 1st one that I got was defective!

Jello:
So sorry that your Vegas vacation got post-poned (but glad not cancelled completely) .... hey, I think that the machine that you would be playing on isn't scheduled to pay off until October (that is when you are going, right?)...

Sharon:
Good job on losing the 3 1/2 lbs! I think it will be all downhill for you from here on in! I'll let you know after weigh-in how I did ...

Trish:
keep up the good work girl! 27 1/2 lbs!!!!! What an inspiration!

Sweet Tooth (Peggy):
Welcome to our wonderful group. You will love it here I just know it. And congrats on your 16 lbs weight-loss ... Hope to hear from you a lot. Oh, yes, I say celebrate your b'day on the plane.

Sandi:
Hope you have a wonderful vacation in the Domican REpublic ... lucky you!

Joanna:
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and I hope you will be very very happy! I haven't had a chance to view your website yet, but I will soon. Keep us posted.

Gail:
Good luck to you on your new "mind and spirit" way of eating. Sounds like it is working for you! Keep up the good job. YOU CAN DO IT!

Judy:
{{{{HUGS}}}}} Thinking of you daily ... how are things going. Hang in there and keep us posted ... and know that we love you.

Dreamer:
Good for you getting back into some of your clothes before pregnancy. Keep at it, and you'll be down to your old size in no time.

Well, it's late and I am tired so am going to bed now. I'll try to post again before we head back up north.

Love, CJ

Blunder 08-22-2001 11:36 AM

Good Morning!

Only got a few minutes.
Just wanted to let you know------Cal is still alive! He seemed to do a complete turnaround there for a few days. Started eating solid food again after not wanting any for a week or so. Now he is going downhill again, back to drinking Ensure.

The cancer is tunneling from the small bedsore on his bottom. Now half his butt is eaten away. Sorry to be so grafic. This house smells like death. He is in so much pain we can hardly turn him to clean his bottom when he has a BM.

This poor pitiful creature is no longer my husband. I've already lost him to the pain and powerful meds he needs. All of his organs are beginning to shut down. He has had two small heart attacks. Both times he begged God to take him.

I haven't been out of the house in weeks. All I seem to do is sit with him and eat. I know I have gained a lot but can't seem to help myself. When this is all over maybe I can do better.

Thank you all, I can feel the love and I sure need it now.

Welcome to Sweettooth, you'll like this group. They're a bunch of wonderful friends.

Hugs, Judy

Gail 08-22-2001 08:00 PM

Judy, so very good to hear from you. My heart breaks at the pain that Cal is going through as well as you and your family. It must be a great source of comfort for Cal to have your strength to rely on.

Continue being strong for him and know that we are all with you on your journey. You are in our prayers. For goodness sake - the last thing in the world you need to think about now is your weight. Take as good care of yourself as your can and feel hugged by all of us. {{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}

Love, Gail

Dreamer 08-23-2001 03:05 AM

Hugs to Judy

Judy I've been trying to think of what to write, everything seems so innappropriate and weak.

We love you and what you are going through now is the biggest trial you will ever face and it sounds like, as Gail said, you are being a wonderful support to Cal. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you and your family, or the pain and misery that Cal is suffering. But I feel for you and I send many warm thoughts your way.

We are all here for you and I know I think of you often and I can only imagine that everyone else does the same. Please take care with yourself as well and just come here whenever you need to, as you have been doing.

Be strong our dear friend
Sam

Chrissy 08-23-2001 08:35 AM

So sorry Judy!!!! You don't know it, but you are a very strong lady. You have to be. Please don't worry about your weight now. It must be so hard to see Cal going through all that pain. I don't know what you are going thru, but I can only imagine. ((((JUDY)))) You and Cal are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. Love you Judy!

Chrissy

Sassy 08-23-2001 10:03 AM

We love you Judy!

Judy I feel so very bad about all you are going through at this time. You and you family have been on my mind so much these days. I can't imagian what you are going through but can only be a part of our wonderful Thin Group that is here for you as a good friend. All my love and prayers to yourself, as well as Cal and your wonderful family.

Please don't worry about you weight, my gosh that is not important at all right now. I am so glad that you posted with us and let us know how you are doing. I know it must be so very hard to go through what you are going through and just trying to keep a brave face for Cal must be a feat in itself. May God watch over Cal during this time and continue to feel the love we all have for you and you family.

Take care of yourself Judy, remember we are here for you.

Love Sharon :love:

Jello 08-23-2001 10:44 AM

Judy, tell you what. You give all your love to Cal and, in turn, we'll give all our love to you.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and send a prayer your way.

Love you.
Jo

SandiH 08-23-2001 11:56 AM

Dear Judy,
What a blessing it is for Cal to have you by his side everyday to show your love and care for him. You can be sure he feels your love. May God watch over both of you and ease the pain some for Cal. You have many friends here that love and care about you and Cal. Cancer is a horrible disease and so very hard to see someone you love have to suffer so much. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as I have been. Love Sandi

Trish 08-24-2001 10:19 AM

Hi!

TGIF! I'm off from work today! I lost one more lb. this week for a total of 28.5.

Judy, what torture you and Cal and your family are going through! I'm remembering all of you in my prayers. Don't forget, Judy, to take care of yourself!

Sandi, I hope you have a wonderful vacation in the Dominican Republic. Lucky you!

Jo, sorry to hear you had to cancel your vacation. what rotten luck!

Sam, nice job getting back in those pre-pregnancy clothes. I bet it feels good.

Sharon, 3.2 lbs. lost. Way to go!!!

Sweettooth, welcome to the group and congratulations on the 16 lb. weight loss.

Gail, your Ayurvedic way of eating sounds interesting, and it seems to be working for you. You're feeling healthier and have lost 4 lbs.! Keep it up!

Here's a quote I want to share with you. "Consider the postage stamp; its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing til it gets there. " (Joseph Billings) Keep sticking with it this week!

Trish

Jello 08-24-2001 10:44 AM

Hey you guys. Not feeling so good these days but wanted to post to say hello. Promise not to whine much but I might whimper a bit.

Had a horrible day on Wednesday with several calls to and from Scumball, his mortgage lady, my lawyer, etc. Seems he's trying to refinance the house and needs my signature and just couldn't seem to understand why I wouldn't drop everything and come running to help him out. He even had the nerve to set up the whole meeting, etc. The very nice lady from the mortgage company by now thinks I'm completely insane. I'm not so sure she's wrong.

During at least one call, he threatened and screamed and cursed, etc. He's become a very frightening monster. :( During the call with the mortgage lady, she told me he "joked" about "getting a ski mask and climbing a clock tower". I see that as a threat to my life and made sure she knew that I felt threatened by him and that my lawyer knew I felt threatened and that anyone who'd hold still long enough to listen knew it too. It reminded me of a year or so ago when during a phone conversation he said "I know where you live" and I lost sleep for several nights wondering what he was going to do.

He of course denies that it was a threat and that he was "just joking" but I'm worried and completely stressed out here. Where it stands now is that his lawyer is supposedly drawing up the final divorce papers and once we get them and sign them, then I'll sign his house paperwork. Seems like a fair deal and maybe it'll actually get done? He's under a time limit now because he has to refinance within a week or so or lose the rates he wants.

Could there be a light at the end of this long dark tunnel? :?: I'm afraid to even hope so. He'd probably do something stupid just to spite me even if he ends up spiting himself in the process. Either way, pretty much everyone has agreed that for my own safety, I shouldn't see him or even be in the same room as him during all this signing stuff. We'll just see.

I guess there's something "good" :^: from all this. I haven't eaten for days. My weigh-in tomorrow has got to be a good one. Actually I fear what will happen to my little remaining sanity if it isn't. Another good thing is, of course, Rich, who has put up with all this and my ranting and crying, etc.

Just like all you guys have ... again. Sorry. But I love you all.
Jo.

CJ 08-24-2001 06:36 PM

Judy: You and Cal are in my prayers .... I'm so sorry you both have to go thru such pain! Don't worry about your weight at this time, Judy, just take care of Cal as best you can in his time of need and know that there is a whole lot of love in this group for you! We're all here for you Judy, whenever you need us. We love you.

I did weigh-in down home yesterday ... was down 1/2 lb making a grand total of 12 1/2 lbs GONE FOREVER! I know it is coming off sloooooooow .... but it is coming off! PERIOD! I'm going to try and be a bit more strict with the program in the next couple weeks. I finally got my computer problem fixed (at the cabin) so I'll be around (we are at the cabin now and will be until the end of Sept).

Sharon: I got your nice long email when we got up here ... I will answer it very soon. Was good to hear from you and I MISS YOU TOO!

Talk to you girls soon.

Love, CJ

CH 08-24-2001 10:16 PM

Hey Friends, long time no hear from me. I am still alive and have missed you all.
Judy- my heart and prayers go out to you and Cal. It was heart-warming to me to read all the wonderful things your friends have said here. I know you feel very loved and that is just what we all want for you. I agree with the others forget about the weight, it is not important at this point. God has a plan for you and he will take care of you.

Well I can't begin to acknowledge all your posts but I will spend some time reading all the old ones. I am still doing WW and it's going okay. I've lost 27.2 lbs. My leader told me this week, after looking at my journal, that I wasn't eating enough food!!!! I promise no one has ever said that to me before!!!! I am trying to add more fiber and more points this week. I weigh in on Tues. so I hope to see better results by then.

I am going to stop now because I'm not sure this message is going through. Be back later, CH

sweet tooth 08-27-2001 04:49 PM

Hi everyone,

It's another great weigh-in day. Lost 3 more pounds last week even though it is THAT time of month. Total lost is 19#. Only 7 more to lose to meet the goal that I set before I go on vacation, if I get that far. Hubby is working for 2 1/2 weeks in Qatar and I am supposed to be tagging along. However, in order to have visas issued, we need a letter of invitation from the company that he will be working for. Since the weather there is sooooo hot at this time of year, everyone seems to be hybernating and the invitation hasn't arrived, hence no visas.

Oh well, the last time we went to Poland, our passports didn't get back from the Polish embassy before we boarded the plane in Alberta. A courier had to meet us during a plane transfer in Ontario to deliver passports to us and then discovered we were going to miss the international plane, so delivered us to the international terminal. I felt like a package that whole trip. Things could be worse.

Jello - Sorry to hear about your postponed vacation. The birthday celebration that your coworkers are planning sounds like it will be a blast. Have fun…celebrate the day in great style. Hope everything works out with the jury thing and that it will not be too great a strain on you.

Sassy - Thank you for the welcome to the group. After reading many of the posts, I feel like you are all old friends. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm also trying to drink more water and struggling to get the glasses down everyday. As far as exercise, I keep telling myself that I will start next week…like after exams and vacation, etc. The excuses seem to be never-ending for me. I admire you for starting the exercise routine. Keep it up!

Dreamer - So good to hear that you are into pre-pregnancy clothes. I always found that time discouraging because I wanted to look very good while showing off the new baby, but instead looked like I had just crawled out of bed and threw on the fat clothes - I guess maybe I had done just that. Keep perservering, though, the weight will eventually come off. Thanks for the welcome. As for the b'day celebration, I don't think my hubby will let me off the hook. He has something devious planned. I keep getting the Cheshire Cat look. The rest of the family thinks I'm in denial about a 50th birthday.

Judy - So sorry to meet you at a time like this. Take care of yourself and focus on what needs to be done today. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Trish - Great to hear that you have lost again. The pounds just keep ticking off, one by one. Terrific job. Stick to it…

Time to go. I have a stats exam on Thursday, one more assignment to finish by Friday and the grandkids came to visit last week. They brought their parents, too, so the house has been a busy, busy place. Off to study, then to play.

Take Care, everyone and keep those pounds coming off.

Trish 08-27-2001 06:13 PM

Hello! Is anyone out there waiting to start a new thread. Let's see if I can get it started before someone sneaks in and beats me to it. See you on #61.

Trish