Old 06-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #136  
Aleecia

Happy dance for you too Courtnie. Slow and Steady is the way. A loss is a loss. Good Job! My weigh in day is tomorrow and I am hoping for a loss no matter how small. I already now I'm not going to make my 10lbs by the 10th, but that's okay. You guys have kept me motivated to keep going either way.
Thanks!
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #137  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I just tallied up my measure ments, in 1 month I lose 4.5 inches from my chest area! 1.5 from the top, .5 from the boob area, and 2.5 from around and under my boobs! wooo! I also lost 1 from each top of arms and a bit from the hips and 1 from each calf (I measure in 3 different places and i lost 1 in each 3 places, so its like 3 each, but I just count 1) - so that is good. But my waist and hips are almost the same (about an 1 inch) but everything is getting big. I dont trust my measuring tape... I think it lies.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #138  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel33
I already now I'm not going to make my 10lbs by the 10th, but that's okay.
I wont either - your not alone!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #139  
Fat-be-gone

Me neither!!!

courtnie-tape measures do lie. i think I'm going to start basing my losses on how my clothes fits. It's not as reliable as a tape measure but at least it will let me know that I am losing inches.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #140  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario
Me neither!!!

courtnie-tape measures do lie. i think I'm going to start basing my losses on how my clothes fits. It's not as reliable as a tape measure but at least it will let me know that I am losing inches.
My clothes are getting loser that is for sure. And my mom said to me that she noticed a huge difference in my chest area - so I guess she was right! I just thought she was being nice. No one else has really said anything. I like to stand in front of the mirror naked tho and admire myself because I see a difference and I said something to my BF once and he said yah he sees it too. But no one has said, WOW your looking good. But I dunno if I want anyone to notice. But, I am down 22 pounds and that is 10% of my starting weight!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #141  
Fat-be-gone

that's awesome courtnie!! when i was dropping weight, the bf would comment but he is always going to say that I looked good. I love hearing people ask me, Are you losing weight?? It makes me feel good and lets me know that all the hard work is worth it. Unfortunately I've gained some weight back so the compliments have stopped...from the bf and other people. Why wouldn't you want anyone to notice???
Old 06-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #142  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario
Why wouldn't you want anyone to notice???
I guess I do but I also dont want them to think I was fat in the first place, haha.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #143  
Fat-be-gone

lol i know what you mean, but I've faced reality. i'm fat and other people know it!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #144  
Starting Fresh

I know, but it's hard The thing that get's me - I know my boyfriend loves me the way I am. But it's hard not to think that the lack of sex lately is because I have gotten so fat - even tho I know it is not. But when we started dating; like every couple; we had it ALL the time. And now its like once or twice a week. I know that is totally normaly and there is another personal reason behind it too. But normally any sex we do I have I start it. But in the last couple weeks we have been having it a bit more and he has been starting it. In some ways I think it is because I have lost weight - and it kinda hurts my feelings. Deep down I know that is not in, but for some reason... I don't know. He has gained weight too and he knows it - It's just a weird feeling I guess.

maybe it's just all in my head... haha
it could be...
Old 06-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #145  
Fat-be-gone

aww...i'm sorry you feel like that. it is harder when it has to do with our boyfriends. If it bothers you that much, you should maybe think about talking to him about it. Because if you are like me, you'll just keep it all in and begin to resent him. I don't have that problem with my bf. If we're not having sex, it's because of me. And lately I have been feeling really fat and not in the mood. The thing he does not do with me is dance. At family functions, it's almost as if he is reluctant to dance with me. I don't know if it's because I'm not really good at the certain style of dancing (salsa) or if because i look really akward doing it because of my weight. I don't know. But he always leaves me to go dance with his itty bitty cousins and I just sit there, almost hating him. it could all be in my head too but it sure doesn't make us feel any better.

so maybe you should talk to him. you may be wrong but at least it will make you feel better...don't you think??
Old 06-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #146  
Starting Fresh

I did bring it up once... but I already know why we don't have nearly as much sex. The first reason is we are over that point and the second reason is... okay this is going to be TMI but sometimes he 'little guy' gets really sore so that is why we stopped having it so much. So I KNOW it is in my head and I am being silly. I did talk to him about two weeks ago, I was just laying there with him and I casually asked him if the reason he doesn't always like it is because he gets sore, and he said "yah, usually" but since then he has seemed a little more intrested - so maybe he just realized that I wanted it? I mean in no way am I mad at it... it just seemed to kinda happen at the same time. My mind runs aways with me and I think stupid things like that when I know I shouldn't. So I don't wanna be like you dont wanna have sex with me because I am fat! Because I really know that is not it at all, haha. I guess I just needed to bring it up but now that I brought it up I feel dumb and realize I am just having a 'silly girl moment'.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #147  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

10 pounds gone TODAY!!!! Whoo hoo....I did it! Alittle early too!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #148  
Starting Fresh

Awesome Jtjoray - CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:23 PM   #149  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I just went back and read all your posts. Congrats everyone on all the weight loss and measurement loss. Hang in there Courtnie and Swimgirl. Even though it's coming off slow at least it's coming off.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #150  
Fat-be-gone

courtnie-aww...us and our girl moments. i've had a few that my bf will never let me live down. but that's good that you talked to him about it. at least you know where he's coming from. and you can't help feeling that way sometimes. it's in our nature. btw, i laughed with your TMI. sorry, it just sounded funny. I've never heard it referred to as "little guy" before!! lol

JT- awesome!!! and early too! I'm proud of you!!!!!