3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Memorial Day Challenge ~ 3 Weeks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/83756-memorial-day-challenge-%7E-3-weeks.html)

JasonsLea 05-08-2006 12:25 AM

Memorial Day Challenge ~ 3 Weeks

Hi everyone! OMG there's only three weeks left in our challenge!! The time has flown by! Post this week's WIs and chit chat here. Love ya! :hug: :carrot:

Updated List (this week's weight is in bold):

Shari ~ 245.8
Chicky ~ 214
Rosario ~ 229
Donna ~ 167.8
Brandi ~ 177.2
Heather ~ 146
Butterfly28 ~ 267
Abby ~ 163
Noelle ~ 187
Elyn ~ 141.8
Randee ~ 233
Morrigan ~ 185.8
72butterfly ~ 216
Annie ~ 193
Chrissy ~ 199.6
Katie ~ 157
Groovy ~ 150
Lorra ~ 226
Josi ~ 180

Rosario 05-08-2006 10:07 AM

Wow, only 3 weeks??? how is everyone doing.

I am not in such great shape. I didn't gain anything this past week, but I didn't lose either. I guess that I'll just have to accept that since I didn't eat right or move my butt at all this week. But this is a new week, and even if I don't make my goal, I want to get as close as possible. Just to say I tried.

Hope you all are well and are on your way to reaching your goals.

Take care.

purplecrush 05-08-2006 11:08 AM

My weigh in is tomorrow and after the bad weekend I had, im not sure ill lose anything, but I did get exercise in last week. It was so nice, I took a walk every day. Today its only going to be 60, so ill probably do my workouts indoors. I love the workouts on On Demand, so I might do more than one.

I cant belive that its only 3 weeks till the end of our challenge! The time HAS flown by!! I hope I can get closer to my goal OR better yet make it!! I was thinking...there should be NO reason on EARTH why I cant make it!!! Im just being lazy and eating whatever I want. Thats how I GOT fat in the first place!! Im just sabbotaging (sp) myself and I NEED to stop!!!

Ok enough of my rambling!! Lets have a great week!!

nicolbw 05-08-2006 11:32 AM

My weigh in isn't until tomorrow, but as of this morning I'm down 1 lb. So that's good. I actually ate more last week. So I'm thinking I just need more calories than I had been eating. I'm going to keep it up and see how it goes. Plus I varied my daily calories so that may have helped. I'm pretty much experimenting right now. All I know is that nothing I have tried from the beginning of March until a week ago had helped me lose weight besides the stomach flu. (Most of my weight loss was before March.) So I'm going to run with eating more to see if it does work or it was just a fluke. I was eating around 1100 - 1300 calories a day. Most days it was around 1250. Last week I ate around 1300 - 1700 calories a day. (The 1700 calorie day was the day I drank 2 margaritas.) Most days it was around 1500. I don't have any issues with being able to eat more. :D I'm more than willing to try this idea out. :carrot:

Sorry so long. I just looked back at my starting weight for this challenge. I started at 177.6. As of this morning I was 176.4. Yeah for me being able to maintain. :D BUT... Boo for me for not being able to lose for the challenge. :(

JasonsLea 05-08-2006 11:52 PM

Evein everyone! OMG I am such a idoit. When I stepped on the scale the other day, I thought it read 249.8. But I stepped on the scale this morning (my official weigh in day) and it read 245.8! Which means I read the scale wrong the other day cause there is no way that I could lose 4 lbs in a day! I got on the scale three more times to be sure and it read the same everytime. I really have to pay attention!

Gosh, only three more weeks in this challenge and I'm wondering if I should make up a challenge for June. I'm already in the BTB game but that ends the first week of June. Nothing goes on in June though so I don't know. Any ideas?

Today was not a good day really. I slept till like 1 pm and then went back to slept like at 4! I use made it past 20 pts. No exercise either. :(

SupersizedChicky 05-09-2006 02:38 AM

Maybe a new 4th of July one unless everyone's tied to the existing one. It's kinda nice that you make a new thread for each week.

SupersizedChicky 05-09-2006 04:02 AM

Shari- you must be so happy about that weigh in. You didn't gain 4 pounds after all! Now you just need to change the number in your profile.

purplecrush 05-09-2006 09:58 AM

I got on the scale and stayed the same, It wasent a big surprise after my weekend, but im good to go now. Im doing awesome this week!!!!!

Have a great day all!!

nicolbw 05-09-2006 10:29 AM

I ended up losing another .2 this week again. So I'm down to 177.2. I've been stuck at 177 since 4/11 when we started this challenge.

I've pretty much been in a plateau since March 1st. The only time I've lost weight since then has been when I had the stomach flu. My weight has fluxuated a little bit from week to week, but I've pretty much stayed the same since then. I hope it'll be over soon. I have still been losing inches so that's good.

Congrats to those who are losing!

Randee - You look great. I was happy to see your progress pics in another thread. You are inspiration to me.

purplecrush 05-09-2006 10:52 AM

Aww thanks Brandi :) Like I said in that other thread, If I can do it..ANYONE can!!!

Have you tried mixing up the way you eat? I havent had a plateau yet, but I heard something about that and exercising more. Im by no means a expert LOL..I actually dont know much about plateaus at all! I figure that when I get there, Ill research or beg for help lol. I do hope you get out of it. I can imagine how frusturating it can be!!

SupersizedChicky 05-09-2006 01:32 PM

I can't believe it. I just started TOM yesterday so I feel all nauseous, crampy, and bloated, but I woke up this morning and even though I just lost a lot, I've lost yet another pound. I am rocking my world! :)

dgpebbles 05-09-2006 11:10 PM

I've been so busy that I forgot to weigh-in today...I will weigh tomorrow but I don't think I have a loss this week...I haven't exercised much at all this week and had a few bad days of eating....my daughters prom was this past Sat and we were busy tryin gto get everything done and now were trying to get graduation stuff done...Hope to get back on track soon...

morrigan 05-10-2006 05:59 AM

I lost 2.6 lbs this week down to 185.8. I can hardly believe I am even typing those numbers. I don't know if I will make 178 by Memorial Day, but I should be able to at least be under 180 which was my real goal anyway. 6 lbs is doable in 3 weeks.

I started a Summer Seasons Pass Challange on the WW General page. The goal for this challenge is to commit to and be accountable for weight loss the entire summer. Nobody bails. We just keep at it until we achieve our goals.

I also type in my food each day on a thread on that same page called Get and Share Ideas. Anyone is welcome to join us over in WW if you like. If you don't do WW, it is essentially a calorie counting diet for people that don't like math. Every 50 calories is 1 point, so if you don't like counting up big numbers all day, you only have to count to somewhere between 20 and 36 depending on your starting weight.

Losing4another 05-10-2006 07:51 AM

eek only three weeks left. I haven't been doing as good as i should. I'm not really eating a lot but I'm not keeping track so I can't say for sure. TOM is here all I want is sugar. I really hope I can make this challenge....just got to push my self harder

dgpebbles 05-10-2006 08:02 AM

Well I weighed in today and I'm up .6 which puts me at 167.8...I knew i had a bad week...I'm back on track this week with the eating but wont be able to exercise till tomorrow..My daughter is having a new bed delivered tonight after work...My mom bought her one for graduation...so unless they come early I'll miss todays workout too...