Old 05-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #46  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

I'm off to a stamping up class today and then to take my hubby to the dr...after that it's housework for me. I'll hop back on tonight and let yall know how my day went
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #47  
Burning Bright!

S/C/G: 235/232/130

Good morning all!

Brandy - you are an inspiration! 4 miles in under an hour! And then an hour of turbo!! You rock! I'm done after 20 mins on the treadmill, and I don't even make a mile

miasmom - My hubby's name is Barkley, LOL! I have 3 cats. 1 female, Libby, and 2 boys, Persi (aka Fatty, I'm not the only one in my "family" to have a weight problem... we just started calling him that one day... now he thinks it is his name... poor thing!) and Bear. I wish I could have dogs too, like some of the others in here, but we're in a 1 bedroom apartment style condo (only 730 sq ft) no way we could stuff another animal in here! Good job on rockin those exercise points!

Well, I'm gonna try and get 2 exercise points for today... we'll see how it goes!
LadyTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #48  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyGirl
Lydia-Glad your weekend was awesome. I remember those long distance relationship days. Craig and I did 4 years of that! We lasted through it and it sure was worth it. This year Nov. will be our 10 yr. anniversary!!!!
Wow, 4 years! I don't know if I could take that! After this trip, he and I came to the conclusion that we probably won't be doing the long-distance thing for too long... one of us is going to have to move! He lives in Connecticut, I live in Texas, so it's really long-distance. I probably won't get to see him again until August/September But yeah, 10 years... congratulations! That is really, really awesome.

I'm so worn out from this weekend, though. Lack of sleep (only got an hour night before last) and feeling a blue about him leaving made me pretty unmotivated yesterday, but I'm hoping to channel the little energy I have right now into something positive. I got a small workout in this morning and I'll probably go for a long walk later. Should be nice.
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #49  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Tete: What kind of dog is that as your avatar? It looks sort of like mine (I have 2 Great Pyrenees) or maybe a Maremma... very cute!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #50  
Keep going Keep going

S/C/G: 240/191.5/150

Default Slacker has arrived

Hello everyone and hello to the newbies.

I have such a hectic week last week past week and a half sucked. eating poorly. And thats not me. But oh well thats over new day. I have boxing tonight I think I am even fighting tonight sweet. I am also going to the gym during lunch which I have not been doing for the past 2 weeks SLACKER That I am :0)

Well I am off Talk to you girls later
NikM789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 155/144.25/135

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!!!

LadyTyger: My cat Mia is also referred to as Fatty, or Big Lump O'Kitty! Barkley is in better shape, although she could stand to lose weight too...We are in a small condo too, so no doggies. Yet. Actually, I think it would probably just traumatize the cats!

For years(literally) I said that technically I could walk to work but I never did. When they decided to increase our parking rates 250% and the price of gas went so high, I conducted an experiment(coincidentally during Earth Week!) There is a free shuttle that leaves about a block from my condo, so I started taking that in the AM and then walking home in the afternoon. It was great! Some days (like today) I walked to work and will walk home. We'll see if I'm this enthusiastic in the winter..
miasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #52  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Ok all I can say it Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy yalllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!! to all the new chicks.

I am going to try this one more time. I have posted once and our system at work went down...
My bike trip was to Helen GA http://www.helenga.org/ It was great and I did not mine the rain we got on Sunday. I cant wait to go back to "Thunder on the Mountian" Wile I wait for that I am getting ready for the camping trip in June. One whole week of swiming and fishing!!!

Welcome once more to all the new people. I am glad you made it! You will have fun doing this I know I do.....

I got to get back to my walking. I have not been doing it. Last night I did not get to do it. I did not get home till 9 pm Hubby had to work on his truck. I am going to try for 40 mins tonight and weights and workout 20mins for each...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #53  
Fat-be-gone

Miasmom-I wish I could walk to work. By the way, I noticed you are not too far from me. I'm in Lawrenceville. Anyway to walk to work, I would have to take 2 buses and a train. Technically, that really isn't walking. everyone who is able to walk to work should thank their lucky stars that they can!!

Lydia-I did the whole long distance relationship with my bf too. We only lasted six months before I decided to move over here to be with him. From Los Angeles to Atlanta. Phew, what a move. It was so hard and I hated it. but knowing that we were gonna be together always got me through it. so keep that in mind when you're sad or missing him. by the way, i will never do long distance again....it is too, too hard for me. love your photo too!!

Nikki-glad you came back. don't worry about the bad week. kick butt in boxing tonite to make up for it all!!

Lady Unicorn-it sucks when you get home late. there's never any time to do anything. i do hope you get your workouts in.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi Everyone! Love to sit down a spell and chat with ya all, but I have to get my fat butt in gear and get some things done!

Lydia~ Love your avatar!

Chat later !!!!!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #55  
Keep going Keep going

S/C/G: 240/191.5/150

Holly crap Can you really gain 7lbs in a week and a half. YES YOU CAN. I know I should have not stepped on that scales but I need to know the damage but I didn't assume 7lbs. Damn it I thought I was finally out of the 190 but guess not screwed up very bad food choices and no gym at lunch really screwed me up. When I use to eat something bad because of all my excerise it always equaled it's self out. But because I did none aty lunch it didn't
I am very upset with my self for letting myself do that.

I can't believe it. I am glad I saw it but damn I didn't like it. I am so glad I went to the gym and did my Firm class I feel so better that I finally broke the habit. Now I just have to keep going. I just can't belive 7lbs
NikM789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #56  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Niki: have a big huggggg on me. I know where you are comeing from....I still cant get past 200 but I did lose 3 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips...That helps...Keep doing the Firm class and you will get back to it....I know you can.
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #57  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario
Lydia-I did the whole long distance relationship with my bf too. We only lasted six months before I decided to move over here to be with him. From Los Angeles to Atlanta. Phew, what a move. It was so hard and I hated it. but knowing that we were gonna be together always got me through it. so keep that in mind when you're sad or missing him. by the way, i will never do long distance again....it is too, too hard for me. love your photo too!!
Brit and I have been together for 3 months now, we've known each other for about 10. Little did we know when we became friends that things would turn out like this! Like you, that's what keeps me going... knowing that we WILL be together. One day, we'll be together without 2000 miles between us. In the end, it'll be worth all the struggle and we'll be better off for it.

How long have you and your boyfriend been together, if I may ask?

Wendy: Thanks very much!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #58  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!
La3y~Congrats on the inches lost!!! That is FANTASTIC!!

Nikki~Good for you on going back to the gym, I know how hard it can be to get back into it. Good luck with boxing tonight!!

Lydia~Happy you had a nice weekend with your sweetie. I too know the heartache of a LD relationship, my husband and I did that for over a year, then I decided to move closer so we could be together. Now, we have been married for over 11 years, so it can be done, it just takes trust, patience and lots of love! Luck to you both, happier days are ahead.

Angela~Congrats on 3 years!! It sounds like you went all out, he is a lucky man, I hope he knows it!

Brandy~Fantastic walk, 4mi in 58 min, then add the hour long workout to that, plus a bike ride tonight....you inspire me to do more!

Miasmom~Great job on the exercise points!! You are so lucky to be able to walk to work. We are out in the country and it is 9 miles to civilization ~ great bike ride, but don't think that I am up for that walk just yet.

Rosario~I think that 3 points is great for exercise, that is 1.5 hours!! Besides, each point counts!!

I did not do too well today, I did start out the day with a workout, but then I got weak at lunch and had a piece of cake. Granted it was small, but still, I should have passed. All I can do now is try harder to resist.

I will do alot of walking tonight at the ball field, going between the 2 fields that my boys will be playing on, so that will help some.

Good luck to everyone for a great day! Chat again soon.
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #59  
Fat-be-gone

Lydia-I met my bf in Oct. of 2003, but technically, we've been together since July of 2004...so it'll be 2 years in July. that isn't anything compared to the other ladies who've survived long distance relationships but it's a start. you guys are still pretty new. I hope it all does work out for you in the end. you just hang in there!

nail-lady-are you depriving yourself of points? excercise points are 1 every 20 minutes. so 3 points would be 1 hour. I hope you aren't short-changing yourself. lol
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #60  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Tete: What kind of dog is that as your avatar? It looks sort of like mine (I have 2 Great Pyrenees) or maybe a Maremma... very cute!

You have an AMAZING avatar!

Alicia
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote